JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2023Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
24148_1315916334.jpg
[quote="OFFTHECUFF":1xb0p6sn] Wish i could watch a team like Leigh. :CLAP: [/quote:1xb0p6sn] [quote="Steve":1xb0p6sn] Dislike Leigh with a passion, but they are a million miles ahead of any other club in this league, a sad fact. [/quote:1xb0p6sn]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_24148.jpg

Quote: Greg Florimos Boots "I hope there is a contingency plan in place for next season because at the moment we do not look like we have a hope in hell of making the top 4.'"

You are only 2pts off Fev and Bradford.

What is your run in like? I know you still have to visit the mighty Fortress that is the LSV but surely if you can get a win against Fev at the Summer Bash it is game on again for 4th spot?

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member18789No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2690.jpg
:2690.jpg

In theory we could be third in two weeks time. But we don't look anywhere near our form of last year. How many times did Tangata break the like last year compared to this? As great as he looks now, he is not being used as effectively as last season.

The body language of the players does not show the confidence of last year. Yesterday every one of those Batley players wanted the ball. Last week against Widnes - every Fax player went looking for involvement. I didn't sense that yesterday.

Perhaps the inconsistency reflects the tactics of The Tinkerman? Are we trying to play too technical? Too much like a SL side with a big squad? This is a more simpler league than SL, perhaps the simple, tested tactics of a coach like John Kear is necessary for this level?

RankPostsTeam
International Star1087No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp019.gif
:simpsons/simp019.gif

its no fun losing and less so to Batley. However, I know this wont bring much comfort, but if we had beaten Swinton and Batley at home which I feel we should have we would be sitting 3rd league and we would all be crowing how great we are.
Its a tougher league this year, yes we have our own opinions on who should be playing where and when in the team but we are in the mix for a top 4 spot and I am confident we will get there again. UTFAX!

RankPostsTeam
International Star1301
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
71118_1386601324.jpg
In Grix, We Trust 'LET ONLY THOSE WHO ENTER DO SO WITH PRIDE AND A DETERMINATION TO UPHOLD THE FINE TRADITION OF THE CLUB' - THRUM HALL DRESSING ROOM PLAQUE:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_71118.jpg

we looked a little jaded yesterday and a cup hangover was to be expected imo ( we went to sheffield and lost after wakey in the cup last year)

reading some of the posts on here you'd think that defeat had put us into the bottom 2

a lot of rugby still to be played yet

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain837
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Richard Marshall had one good season now everyone is worshiping him. He is not a proven coach and needs to learn and fast.

Scott Murrell needs to either start and then be swapped with johno or move to 13. His fitness his poor and as no pace and keeps getting caught out each week in defense.

What did connor and Johno do wrong to be dropped after last week. Can see them both leaving at the end of the season.

Sharp as improved and as deserved his spot FINALLY

Can not see us getting top 4 or going full time next season unless things change. Changing the team each week is leaving players unhappy.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1999
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35006_1638866888.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_35006.jpg

30 points probably needed for top 4, possibly 28, but it would probably be very tight and possibly on points difference. That means we can only lose 2 games (possibly 3) out of the remaining 10 to be in the top 4. No more time for tinkering with the team make-up, we need somehow to recapture the form and enthusiasm that saw us win the last 9 games of last season.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2077No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Jan 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

1. Marshall is a good coach, but has alot to learn especially at this level. However I feel he is the right man for the job and is thinking long term rather than short term. It makes me sick how fickle a number of people are. Every coach we have calls for he is clueless and we are rubbish etc etc. Who else shall we get as coach? Nobody that we can either afford or has the passion and understanding of Marshall. Maybe we can give the guy a bit of a break, instead of constantly over expecting and then moaning! Its rare you can get instant success and we need to build to get where we want to be. Sometimes we will go back-like much f this season. But maybe the team needs this to go forward and see and learn that rather than last year.

2. Probably we need understand that we are not as big or as good as we think we are as a team or club. We have little money and we have no money man. We have a fan base just over 1000 or so. The team itself has been at a similar level to Batley and Featherstone for the past 5 years. We are no bigger or better than either of them. Batley are no lesser club than us as some comments have been made. Last years finish probably has seen us think we are better than what we are. Top 4 was always going to be tough and we are still in it. We got extra money, but wisely in my opinion stayed Part time. The club has wasted money before pretending we are something we are not. This time the club is rightly looking long term and not using DRs- what most if not all want. The results of the long term strategy will be seen in a few years time, not now. The quality and quantity to go FT is not there- look at Sheffields struggles!

3.Personally I am not a fan of this rotation system. I understand players do suffer from tiredness and injury etc. However we need to have a constant team that knows what the others do and what the weakness/strengths are. I think we are struggling with confidence. I feel some players are not good enough and others have maybe not really been great signings for whatever reason.. I feel the team has got caught up in the hype of last year and is trying too hard to get it back. I feel the players/team are looking for gamebreakers and over doing things and forgetting the basics in both defence and attack. Its a fine line at times between getting it right and getting it wrong. I feel the team needs to go back to playing basic rugby and cut the silly offloads and mistakes out and build a platform in attack. I think we are wasting too much energy in defence, because we are making a number of silly errors in attack. If we learn to control the ball in attack and put better kicks in, then it helps us in defence. Control and stability needs to return in the games if we are to improve in any great measure.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2572No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

A great post but i think most people are just really disappointed we have failed miserably to move forward this season on the back of last seasons achievement and financial reward,rather than seeking a new coach.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain837
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: mr t hall "A great post but i think most people are just really disappointed we have failed miserably to move forward this season on the back of last seasons achievement and financial reward,rather than seeking a new coach.'"

Batley's team cost 150K
fax won 750K

How have we not got a team capable of beating them

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2572No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: hooligan27 "Batley's team cost 150K
fax won 750K

How have we not got a team capable of beating them'"

Leicester's TEAM cost less than 30m.Manure have 4 players who cost more individually...there's more to it than money.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach332No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The fire and passion from last year doesn’t seem to be quite the same. Maybe that’s because when things are not quite going for you it’s hard. But last year we celebrated every big hit, every try saving tackle and every try. And then offered more encouragement when we did concede, where we seem to look around for whose fault it is this year. Ben Kaye and Scott Murrell were obvious stand outs last year when it came to this but even they seem more subdued.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1087No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp019.gif
:simpsons/simp019.gif

Some great posts guys.

Black Cat you said 'Batley are no lesser club than us as some comments have been made. ' I don't know if your saying about my comment on losing to Batley makes a loss harder. That comment is about our rivalery with Batley over the past several seasons having close matches. Northing to do with the size or status of their club.

Hooligan goes on about money. Just because we own money last year does not make us a rich club and start buying players. Having money, full time does not make you a winning team. Look at Sheffield they are slowly going down the table;

I have faith we will be in the top 4. RM has stated its about building from team, squad and club from the bottom up. Doing it the other way around doesn't work icon_thumb.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2390
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: hooligan27 "Batley's team cost 150K
fax won 750K

How have we not got a team capable of beating them'"

I bet the Leigh supporters asked the same question after Round 1

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach412
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45767.jpg
We shall one day be back where we belong and along shall come the Bulls defectors.:45767.jpg

Why on earth in Ben J being continually overlooked? He is the only SL class (or potential SL) halfback we have?

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain502No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20169 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2017Aug 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

We didn't because we know our lads played poorly that day. See you at Blackpool Mick I'll be there both days with Ian and Henry. icon_smile.gif

49 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
49 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.03271484375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Whitehaven
PopTart
20m
Hull KR H
MattyB
25m