Dec 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2014Feb 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47701_1315258172.jpg
[b:31hx9u4p]#Fax2012[/b:31hx9u4p]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47701.jpg

Quote: Early Bath "I much preferred the Calland style of open Rugby with backs running onto the ball from deep and keeping the ball alive even in wet conditions. Just my opinion - you have yours - and I think you described it as awful ..............which it was.'"

Just to clarify, it was just one game tonight wasn't it? One bad game and all of a sudden our attacks apparently terrible? Jeez...

RankPostsTeam
International Star337No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

FAX TIL I DIE:

Its crazy how one game changes opinions so massively. Just read on the Leigh forum that Beswick is a better hooker than Penky yet a couple of weeks back Beswick was never a hooker and should be played at loose forward every day of the week. Its a funny old game icon_smile.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member18789No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2690.jpg
:2690.jpg

Quote: DARE "Just to clarify, it was just one game tonight wasn't it? One bad game and all of a sudden our attacks apparently terrible? Jeez...'"

EXACTLY.

I haven't seen the wise comments and forsight from Early Bath on here between the 12th February and tonight.

Courage of his convictions obviously not with him during that period.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member16601No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Nov 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB181.gif
:cartoons/WB181.gif

Quote: sir HaRoLd FaCey "Its crazy how one game changes opinions so massively. Just read on the Leigh forum that Beswick is a better hooker than Penky yet a couple of weeks back Beswick was never a hooker and should be played at loose forward every day of the week. Its a funny old game
Beswick is a 9, our two hookers should be Nicholson and Beswick. Only a fool plays Beswick at 13 these days unless forced to do so - that is the opinion of virtually all Leythers.
Beswick won the battle tonight.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2478No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2013Jul 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46422_1350152676.jpg
Watch out the Fax are coming:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46422.jpg

Quote: maurice "Beswick is a 9, our two hookers should be Nicholson and Beswick. Only a fool plays Beswick at 13 these days unless forced to do so - that is the opinion of virtually all Leythers.
Beswick won the battle tonight.'"

Beswick is total quality I was gutted when we lost him.

He totall bossed from AHB tonight, many palys he fixed 3 or 4 fax defenders before off loading, effortless.

he can play 6,7,13 and 9 but agree that 9 is where he's most effective, awesome defender as well.

RankPostsTeam
International Star337No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

FAX TIL I DIE:

Look back on your forum from a few weeks back and you will see how many leythers were saying beswick is never a 9 and should be played at 13. If i was on the laptop i would go back and copy and paste all the comments for you to see. Beswick always played best at 9 for fax.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member16601No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Nov 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB181.gif
:cartoons/WB181.gif

Any idiot can make a post. The biggest debate was playing Duffy at 7. I cringed tonight when I heard the team but he had a blinder in the conditions until his injury, in steps Brierley and he takes advantage of the tiring defence.
To accomodate Duffy and Nicho it means moving Beswick to 13 but in todays game he is not a week in week out 13. Very suprised how your lads gave up tonight, but that defence was the best I have ever seen from a Leigh side for many years.
Remember we only had 2 subs for 50 mins.

RankPostsTeam
International Star337No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

FAX TIL I DIE:

Yeah that was the biggest concern for me, once you scored early in the second half our heads dropped straight away, like someone said earlier i think it was psycological after you kept us out so well in the first 20. Young Brierley looks like a talent. I was suprised how well duffy did at 7 cos he always looked more effective coming off the bench at hooker.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7494
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8043.jpg
[quote="-VIKINGMAN-"]TBF he's a good lad Snowy. A wind up merchant but a good lad. :lol:[/quote] [quote="-VIKINGMAN-"]That sig snowy is Ssooooooooooo old !!![/quote] OOpps - nowt changes !! [b]Widnes 8 Leigh 10 LOL!!! Leigh 23 Widnes 16 LOL!! Leigh 30 Widnes 16 LOL!! Widnes 18 Leigh 38 Oh Dear !! Leigh 54 Widnes 16 FFS!!! Leigh 50 Widnes 18 We gave them 3 tries !!! Widnes 18 Leigh 24 Still no points in the 2nd half!! Good luck Widnes. See you in 2015 !![/b]:8043.jpg

Quote: DARE "Suppose you would know considering you've been at all our games this season...

Anyway moving on, that was always going to happen at one point or another, as we've all established this is one hell of a topsy turvy league. However we need to move on from it now and realise that we're not just going to walk it this year, hopefully this will be the kick up the back-side we need. Aim for a bit of revenge next weekend.'"
I am a leigh fan mate. thackery Is poor and a 1 trick pony. You must have better than him?

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4064
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Dec 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2940_1318161088.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2940.gif

Couldn't make the game (working). Watched it when I got home. First 20 to 25 minutes was all Fax but came away with nothing despite all the pressure and forced dropouts. After that Fax were absolutely rubbish and I watched the entire second half on fast forward. Only the second time I've ever done that, the other one was away at York last year.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2478No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2013Jul 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46422_1350152676.jpg

Quote: sir HaRoLd FaCey "Yeah that was the biggest concern for me, once you scored early in the second half our heads dropped straight away, like someone said earlier i think it was psycological after you kept us out so well in the first 20. Young Brierley looks like a talent. I was suprised how well duffy did at 7 cos he always looked more effective coming off the bench at hooker.'"

Beswick made Duffy look good.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5865No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10674.jpg
:10674.jpg

I am shocked I really am as after that first spell of pressure against a defence that has not been known to defend well (look at the scores against Leigh when they have played the better teams this season) we fell apart, I agree it gave them some confidence that they had held us out and they looked better with the ball in hand than we did scoring off their second attack and nearly off their first! They used the whole field while we didn't we were one dimensional with too much one man stuff again, we even used Jim Gannon as try line buster, really??? Wrong man he aint big enough he is better from further running at pace onto the ball as he showed twice tonight making good breaks.
I have had question marks over our half backs all season as Handforth is steady away (I like the guy he is Mr Reliable) but he solely relies on his kicking game and rarely makes a line break or puts a man in for a try by a pass its 90% kicks he gets us tries from and good field position, which means on a night like tonight we needed Thackeray to perform and sadly yet aagin he was a no show, one near try scoring effort apart.
But it was just one of those nights we failed to get the ball away for two of their SIX tries, yer six I never thought we would concede so many at home this season. This against a decent but not world beating team like Leigh, when we finally decided to play by throwing the ball out wide we scored twice and nearly a third time.
Now this is a big test for us as we need to see what reaction the lads give next week, also have some players played themselves out of the team like Tyrer, Thackeray and maybe Fieldhouse who all did very little tonight?
Or will Karl show faith to let them redeem themselves???
Blimey even the normally superstar Dane Manning was a bit out of sorts he got cleaned up a few times.
My only gripe was the kneck high tackling going on which the Ref allowed, especially by Leigh, ouch they must hurt.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach251No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2013Jan 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: littlerich "Love people who come on here with the all powerful insight. Just one question - has the season's just started for you? Where were you on here for our previous 10 victories this year which put us into the QF of the NRC and to the top of the table?'"

I honestly can not believe I have just read that comment!!

Do you actually attend the games, or do you just look at the results? If you do go to the games, you certainly have a different perspective of them than I do.

You are correct, we were (prior to tonight) top of the league.
However, do you really believe that to be an achievement? We are playing in a Mickey Mouse league where every game is effectively a friendly. In the majority of cases we are playing against sides consisting of RL’s journeymen who unfortunately never have (or never will) make the grade in SL, and therefore change their club ever season or so and just wait for the next best deal from a club who needs ‘freshening up’.

As for the Northern Rail Cup….
Watching Fax at Dewsbury on that freezing cold day back in February, I really did think it was, ‘the start of a new era’ as KH and the club had led us to believe, following the gritty and professional win. However, from then on it has all gone down-hill. If you; or any other Fax fan can say they were satisfied with that win, down at Skolars, then I would like to know how? In all of my life watching Fax, that particular game sticks out in the mind as being one of the worst. Granted, later on in the NRC they put up a very spirited performance against Fev and were unlucky to be defeated. As you say, they are through to the QF, however, again do you view this to be an achievement for Fax? Surely it just goes to show that the NRC is a total non-event and can only be won by the ‘bigger’ Championship clubs.

So far, I think we are 11 competitive games in to the season, I am extremely dispirited. Yes of course there have been the high points; Dewsbury and Fev in the NRC, Sheffield in the league and they also did a very professional job in the CC against Myton. However, these performance have been totally overshadowed by the inconsistency, that seems to have plagued every Fax side, since we have been playing at this level since 2004. For me; the performances: tonight, Keighley, York, Skolars (and despite scoring 84 points) South Wales, have all been well under par. With the exception of tonight, where we have played a very well drilled Leigh side; all the other defeats have been as a result of Fax’s: incompetence, indiscipline and in many cases, the lack of desire to win! So how you can be satisfied with this season so far is beyond me. We already look destined for yet another season of mediocrity!

I realise it is early days in the season, however, I’m sure that if we had watched this dross last season, there would have been supporters calling for MC’s head. Yet in the eyes of the vast majority of Fax fans Karl ‘The Messiah’ Harrison can still do no wrong! I’m sorry to break it to you folks….. but as of yet; The grass has not been greener on the other side.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2478No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2013Jul 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46422_1350152676.jpg

Quote: Rochdale - Fax Fan "I honestly can not believe I have just read that comment!!

Do you actually attend the games, or do you just look at the results? If you do go to the games, you certainly have a different perspective of them than I do.

However, do you really believe that to be an achievement? We are playing in a Mickey Mouse league where every game is effectively a friendly. In the majority of cases we are playing against sides consisting of RL’s journeymen who unfortunately never have (or never will) make the grade in SL, and therefore change their club ever season or so and just wait for the next best deal from a club who needs ‘freshening up’.

Watching Fax at Dewsbury on that freezing cold day back in February, I really did think it was, ‘the start of a new era’ as KH and the club had led us to believe, following the gritty and professional win. However, from then on it has all gone down-hill. If you; or any other Fax fan can say they were satisfied with that win, down at Skolars, then I would like to know how? In all of my life watching Fax, that particular game sticks out in the mind as being one of the worst. Granted, later on in the NRC they put up a very spirited performance against Fev and were unlucky to be defeated. As you say, they are through to the QF, however, again do you view this to be an achievement for Fax? Surely it just goes to show that the NRC is a total non-event and can only be won by the ‘bigger’ Championship clubs.

So far, I think we are 11 competitive games in to the season, I am extremely dispirited. Yes of course there have been the high points; Dewsbury and Fev in the NRC, Sheffield in the league and they also did a very professional job in the CC against Myton. However, these performance have been totally overshadowed by the inconsistency, that seems to have plagued every Fax side, since we have been playing at this level since 2004. For me; the performances

Far too early days for these type of comments, don't forget we have almost a complete different playing squad and new coach and we are only 5 games into the championship!

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5865No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10674.jpg
:10674.jpg

Quote: Rochdale - Fax Fan "I honestly can not believe I have just read that comment!!

So far, I think we are 11 competitive games in to the season, I am extremely dispirited. Yes of course there have been the high points; Dewsbury and Fev in the NRC, Sheffield in the league and they also did a very professional job in the CC against Myton. However, these performance have been totally overshadowed by the inconsistency, that seems to have plagued every Fax side, since we have been playing at this level since 2004. For me; the performances

Fair enough I agree we are still lacking any consistency and have been poor in those games you mention BUT to be fair this is a new team and new regime so we have to give it time, some players have shown up well early this season and some haven't, in time we will find out who are good enough and who are not as I say its early days.
Lets see how we go on next week eh? Lose badly again and we all will need to revise how good we think we are, win and this game tonight will be partly forgotten, not getting a bonus point will cost us though.
I am not sure which Fax will turn up next week plus we seem to lose at home and win away these days against Leigh, I bet the Leythers aint so confident with their track record against us at the LSV???

72 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
72 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.2900390625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shareholders Meeting
Scarlet Pimp
Recent
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Blotto
Recent