Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2012Feb 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Beaker.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Beaker.gif

Whilst I agree with most Fax fans about the iniquities of franchising I honestly think supporting your team is more important.

Oh and have to say Widnes looked a good side today.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2013Feb 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

We knew this would not be liked by everyone, but the the players have been told and they think its spot on! they know we support them or we as fans would not be making such a stance. There will be a leaflet drop on the gates with instructions to how it is going to run.

This goes much deeper than just getting into Super League, its about the divisions below and how the RFL have turned their back on these divisions, as one of the people turned up last night said.."we now have only a couple of games left, but does anyone know how many teams are going to be relegated? or how many teams will be promoted?" NO! and thats because the RFL are not interested in this league and have not decided yet!!!!

So its not about turning our back on the team or rugby league, were turning our back on the RFL like they have turned their backs on the lower leagues and even grassroots rugby, the very people who feed their beloved super league!

All we ask is a minute of everyones time "yes" even Widnes, once the ref blows their whistle for kick off the ground turns around and is deadly silent, then a hooter will sound after a minute and everyone is encouraged to make as much noise as possible.

We hope you will all join in, by the way other championship clubs will be doing the same!

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3336No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2019Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2014_1265111444.jpg
Dane Neerriinnnxxxx - Man of steel 2009:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2014.jpg

I like this idea, ok now you need to contact all press and get representatives from local, national papers, tv crews, im sure they will be interested as its an unusal event.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1269No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2015Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40663_1282761027.png
Back the bid - not back it until the going gets tough. WTID:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40663.png

Absolutely ridiculous idea. Spitting your dummy out isn't going to get you anywhere. The best thing Halifax can do is take the decision on the chin and continue building and developing the club like we did the last 3 years. The RFL are never in a million years going to turn round after a silly protest and promote you into SL. You are in a better position than most clubs for a franchise nect time around. You have great fans, a stadium more suitable for SL than a handful of current SL clubs. I can see 3/4 clubs in 3 years being up for the chop back down to the championship and if Fax continue to develop the way they are in the coming 3 years, you'll be up there with Leigh for promotion favourites.

Keep the faith and show the RFL what a great club and set of fans you are. don't give them a reason to think otherwise.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: Viva La Vikings!! "Absolutely ridiculous idea. Spitting your dummy out isn't going to get you anywhere. The best thing Halifax can do is take the decision on the chin and continue building and developing the club like we did the last 3 years. The RFL are never in a million years going to turn round after a silly protest and promote you into SL. You are in a better position than most clubs for a franchise nect time around. You have great fans, a stadium more suitable for SL than a handful of current SL clubs. I can see 3/4 clubs in 3 years being up for the chop back down to the championship and if Fax continue to develop the way they are in the coming 3 years, you'll be up there with Leigh for promotion favourites.

Keep the faith and show the RFL what a great club and set of fans you are. don't give them a reason to think otherwise.'"

No you didn't , the Widnes club ism't much different to how it was 3 years ago , you were wrongly overlooked then and had your place guaranteed

And besides which , this isn't just about the Licence/P and R issue

Do you believe the RFL treat the Championshps and the clubs and their fans fairly ?

Is it right that clubs at this late time of the season still dont know the make up of next years competitions and what they are actually playing for ?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1269No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2015Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40663_1282761027.png
Back the bid - not back it until the going gets tough. WTID:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40663.png

Quote: Starbug "No you didn't , the Widnes club ism't much different to how it was 3 years ago , you were wrongly overlooked then and had your place guaranteed

And besides which , this isn't just about the Licence/P and R issue

Do you believe the RFL treat the Championshps and the clubs and their fans fairly ?

Is it right that clubs at this late time of the season still dont know the make up of next years competitions and what they are actually playing for ?'"

How can you possibly say we didn't continue building and developing? Over the last few years, we have doubled our sponsors, our academy is better than it ever was. even better than what it was 3 years ago and facilities within the stadium have been increased. Although i agree after we won the NRC final our place was pretty much named on this time, if your under the illusion we just sat back and waited 3 years your totally wrong.

It's the RFL, when have they ever done anything fairly. It's not just clubs like Halifax in this league that get on, if it wasn't for Crusaders pulling out their SL application, Wakefield would have wrongly been in the championship next year.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: Viva La Vikings!! "How can you possibly say we didn't continue building and developing? Over the last few years, we have doubled our sponsors, our academy is better than it ever was. even better than what it was 3 years ago and facilities within the stadium have been increased. Although i agree after we won the NRC final our place was pretty much named on this time, if your under the illusion we just sat back and waited 3 years your totally wrong.

It's the RFL, when have they ever done anything fairly. It's not just clubs like Halifax in this league that get poop on, if it wasn't for Crusaders pulling out their SL application, Wakefield would have wrongly been in the championship next year.'"

We'll agree to disagree on the merits of widnes now and three years ago

But you agree , the RFL aren't really showing a lot of respect for the clubs down here , we seem to be an afterthought when everything else has been sorted ?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1269No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2015Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40663_1282761027.png

Quote: Starbug "We'll agree to disagree on the merits of widnes now and three years ago

But you agree , the RFL aren't really showing a lot of respect for the clubs down here , we seem to be an afterthought when everything else has been sorted ?'"

I do agree Starbug yes. I've said all along, when our club, Rochdale, Doncaster and various other clubs went into administration nobody give a dam. The minute Quins or the welsh pretenders went tits up they had all the help they needed. I wasn't intending to have a go all i was trying to say is if Fax don't develop over the next 3 years they wont have a chance of SL next time if nothing has changed.

I believe both Leigh and Fax have more potential to be a more valuable and suitable SL club than Wakey, Quins, and possibly Salford and Cas. Two very well structured clubs who over the next 3 years need to give the RFL all the reasons they possibly can to include them in 2015.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg

Quote: Viva La Vikings!! "I do agree Starbug yes. I've said all along, when our club, Rochdale, Doncaster and various other clubs went into administration nobody give a dam. The minute Quins or the welsh pretenders went tits up they had all the help they needed. I wasn't intending to have a go all i was trying to say is if Fax don't develop over the next 3 years they wont have a chance of SL next time if nothing has changed.

I believe both Leigh and Fax have more potential to be a more valuable and suitable SL club than Wakey, Quins, and possibly Salford and Cas. Two very well structured clubs who over the next 3 years need to give the RFL all the reasons they possibly can to include them in 2015.'"

But this isn't just about licening and P and R , its about all the Chapionship clubs and their fans

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2516No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Nov 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
36253.gif
:36253.gif

Quote: Viva La Vikings!! "I do agree Starbug yes. I've said all along, when our club, Rochdale, Doncaster and various other clubs went into administration nobody give a dam. The minute Quins or the welsh pretenders went tits up they had all the help they needed. I wasn't intending to have a go all i was trying to say is if Fax don't develop over the next 3 years they wont have a chance of SL next time if nothing has changed.

I believe both Leigh and Fax have more potential to be a more valuable and suitable SL club than Wakey, Quins, and possibly Salford and Cas. Two very well structured clubs who over the next 3 years need to give the RFL all the reasons they possibly can to include them in 2015.'"

Like starbug says this is not just about Halifax RLFC it is about all the championship/championship 1 clubs getting a fair deal and being treated with the respect they deserve. Any way Richard Lewis as hinted that the Super League will be reduced to 12 teams with maybe another French team being put in so I would say that our chances of getting in in 3 years time at the moment are zero plus in that case 3 teams will have to come down 1 of which could very easily be Widnes so you might want to think about that before you shoot down our plans to protest. Spirit of 1873 k020.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach688No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2012Mar 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40304.jpg
IF LOVING FAX IS WRONG I DON'T WANT TO BE RIGHT:40304.jpg

Quote: Laffin Lady "We knew this would not be liked by everyone, but the the players have been told and they think its spot on! they know we support them or we as fans would not be making such a stance. There will be a leaflet drop on the gates with instructions to how it is going to run.

This goes much deeper than just getting into Super League, its about the divisions below and how the RFL have turned their back on these divisions, as one of the people turned up last night said.."we now have only a couple of games left, but does anyone know how many teams are going to be relegated? or how many teams will be promoted?" NO! and thats because the RFL are not interested in this league and have not decided yet!!!!

So its not about turning our back on the team or rugby league, were turning our back on the RFL like they have turned their backs on the lower leagues and even grassroots rugby, the very people who feed their beloved super league!

All we ask is a minute of everyones time "yes" even Widnes, once the ref blows their whistle for kick off the ground turns around and is deadly silent, then a hooter will sound after a minute and everyone is encouraged to make as much noise as possible.

We hope you will all join in, by the way other championship clubs will be doing the same!'"

eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star15No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2017Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

A protest alone is pointless! If you truly love your club and the game outside Super League you have to show you are willing to make sacrifices. It's no good shouting from the rooftops and then going home to watch Super League, NRL, or any other sport on Sky TV, you need to cancel your subscription, accompanied by a strong letter explaining why! Why not get together with fellow fans to petition your local pub landlords to stop showing Sky Sports on their big screens, otherwise you will go elsewhere? I know it will be hard to miss out on watching Man U, Liverpool, etc., but who do you love the most? It will be harder for Fax fans bacause they were in Super League from the start, but in places like Fev, Keighley and Batley many satellite dishes went in the skip back in 1995. If all fans of Championship clubs were willing to make sacrifices like this, and maybe top it up by refusing to buy the Murdoch newspapers, then the people of influence at the RFL might just sit up and take note!

Its time to put up or shut up......Are you willing to boycott Super League, Sky, and the Murdoch organisation?

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2431No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2014Feb 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Steve Slater "A protest alone is pointless! If you truly love your club and the game outside Super League you have to show you are willing to make sacrifices. It's no good shouting from the rooftops and then going home to watch Super League, NRL, or any other sport on Sky TV, you need to cancel your subscription, accompanied by a strong letter explaining why! Why not get together with fellow fans to petition your local pub landlords to stop showing Sky Sports on their big screens, otherwise you will go elsewhere? I know it will be hard to miss out on watching Man U, Liverpool, etc., but who do you love the most? It will be harder for Fax fans bacause they were in Super League from the start, but in places like Fev, Keighley and Batley many satellite dishes went in the skip back in 1995. If all fans of Championship clubs were willing to make sacrifices like this, and maybe top it up by refusing to buy the Murdoch newspapers, then the people of influence at the RFL might just sit up and take note!

Its time to put up or shut up......Are you willing to boycott Super League, Sky, and the Murdoch organisation?'"

If the entire Championship fanbase had Sky and then subsequently cancelled it I think Sky would care the square root of f*** all. They probably get 3,000 new subscribers every day.

As for getting pubs to cancel Sky. Do you know how much money pubs make on a weekend or Wednesday night just because they show a game on their TVs? They'd laugh in your face if that was suggested.

People may choose to 'morally' cancel sky but there's no point in wasting any energy or campaign time protesting Sky.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6698No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2017Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46669_1419854573.jpg
And Behold, a pale horse. And on his back his name was death. The weekend starts on a Monday.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46669.jpg

Quote: tommy "If the entire Championship fanbase had Sky and then subsequently cancelled it I think Sky would care the square root of f*** all. They probably get 3,000 new subscribers every day.

As for getting pubs to cancel Sky. Do you know how much money pubs make on a weekend or Wednesday night just because they show a game on their TVs? They'd laugh in your face if that was suggested.

People may choose to 'morally' cancel sky but there's no point in wasting any energy or campaign time protesting Sky.'"

icon_motor.gif

Exactly

eusa_naughty.gif

29 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
29 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.6123046875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Playoff Semi Final
MattyB
7m
Shareholders Meeting
Khlav Kalash
7m