JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13050.gif
[b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein[/size:112mouem] [/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem] [b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein[/size:112mouem][/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem] [b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln [/size:112mouem][/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem]:13050.gif

Quote: ClaireFAXFAN "

I don't want to have a pop at Calland as a few people appear to have done, he has done a fantastic job over the last few years and I didn't hear many people slagging him off in Liquid on the Sunday night we won the Championship..

The last couple of weeks have seen one of the worst performances in recent times at Sheffield, which was comparable with the Hull KR 88-6 drubbing and the St Helens tonking back in 2002. The players didn't look bothered, and Calland even said in the press the day after (note he did NOT do a radio interview) that he could see the attitude was wrong in the warm up.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but as a coach, isn't his job to motivate, manage and LEAD his players?

Tonight, I feel the second half performance may slightly mask the shambles that was our defence in the first half. Sloppy markers, not moving up as a unit and not commiting 100% to the tackle let Widnes, who are apparently a "poor" team according to their fans before the game, walk straight through our defence.

In the second half, it was as though the players threw away the game plan, and did what they wanted. Yes, our attack was disjointed and unorganised, but our defence did slightly improve. Or was this Widnes and their famous 2nd half performance??

We read from the fax camp that the players want Calland as their coach. If this is the case, then they need to sort themselves out and start playing with pride and passion in the shirt. If they don't want him, more of the same on Monday and I feel Mr Calland will be a gonner.'"

But you still do. icon_biggrin.gif

But i agree with what you say. People calling for Calland to leave has no bearing whatsoever as the board cant afford to get rid of him and theres far too much sentiment involved. He is on a cushy number and probably knows it so good luck to him. In the meantime we can just sit back and watch the show.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator2575No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7000.jpg
"Let only those who enter do so with pride and the determination to uphold the traditions of the club". //www.FaxFans.co.uk //www.halifaxrlfc.co.uk Halifax Tag RL. Interested in playing? Visit //www.pitchero.com/clubs/halifaxcommunityrugbyleague/:7000.jpg

Problem is that Calland didn't deliver the Grand Final win. Callands game plan had us 22-4 down, so the players said it, let's do it our way. This was the same tonight, 2nd half was all individual stuff. The first half defence was terrible, we only got a bonus point because Widnes were as bad!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2548No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2014May 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Zoot.gif
Halifax RLFC grand final winners 2010.:Black Backgrounds/Zoot.gif

Come on people, the time was at the start of the season but the board were never going to sack a grand final winning coach.

were into the season now and anyone worth any cop is already employed by someone else.

Karl Harrison is currently in charge of a side that is sat at the top of the championship and probably punching above its weight because of the man in charge but would he really leave them in the middle of the season. the answer to that is NO.

we are just going to have to sit this out, after all Matt has got us to 2 successive grand finals, you all say "you got us to 2 grand finals in a row but its time to go" like its easy to get to them, lets not forget he's working with a reduced playing budget this season which is making things harder, we havent had our first choice 7 for a couple of weeks.

i say keep him because there is noone any better on the market in the middle of a season

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5865No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10674.jpg
:10674.jpg

Quote: Nigel Fax "Please do the right think now, Yes Matt has done well for us, but now is the time for change and before the Bradford game, otherwise we are going to get embarassed on National TV.'"

I agree, the big worry for those who went tonight was that if we can concede so many points to what is a poor Widnes side what will even a poor Bradford SL team do to us on national TV???

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2548No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2014May 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Zoot.gif
Halifax RLFC grand final winners 2010.:Black Backgrounds/Zoot.gif

Quote: Fax4Life "I agree, the big worry for those who went tonight was that if we can concede so many points to what is a poor Widnes side what will even a poor Bradford SL team do to us on national TV???'"

Probably rip us to shreads but then again they might do that anyway.

RankPostsTeam
International Star75No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2013Jan 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

ok I was one of the people sat in shock at halftime. As you can probably tell, I don't live in Halifax, so even the home games I travel a 100 mile round trip. Today I took half a day off work, travelled a round trip of 200 miles paid for 2 of us to watch a team that looked like they didn't care about the performance, the supporters and even more the club. At half time I would have sacked the players and the coaches. I don't mind paying my money and seeing us loose when I know that everyone involved with Halifax RFL has given 100% but today I felt for the first 40 minutes that most were giving 50 % at the most and that is not fair to me and everyone else that pay to watch them play.

I had a long drive back and thought allot about what is wrong, I think if you carn't motivate the players even if your tactics are wrong then you need to have a good look at your position. Ever since the trip to Spain, I think it was, we have not looked like a team. IT NEEDS SORTING OUT AND NOW.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member18789No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2690.jpg
:2690.jpg

I called him a prick because of his total lack of respect and gratitude to our Board of Directors. Read his post again. Whilst 5 losses from 5 is calamatous I think it's a bloody joke that someone thinks like that of our BOD after all the hard work they've put in.

There's nothing wrong with asking the BOD to sack Calland or to sort the mess out but to suggest they are aloof and dismissive to the fans and what's going on around them is ridiculous.

I guess running a club is much harder in reality than it is sat behind a computer.

j.c
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6858
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

22/03/2013 Get LEIGH outta wigan:

Quote: littlerich "I called him a prick because of his total lack of respect and gratitude to our Board of Directors. Read his post again. Whilst 5 losses from 5 is calamatous I think it's a bloody joke that someone thinks like that of our BOD after all the hard work they've put in.

There's nothing wrong with asking the BOD to sack Calland or to sort the mess out but to suggest they are aloof and dismissive to the fans and what's going on around them is ridiculous.

I guess running a club is much harder in reality than it is sat behind a computer.'"

A thankless task it would appear.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner489No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2020Jan 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: littlerich "Prick.'"

Taken from another thread. Passionate, yes. Prick, no. Enjoy your walk Neil.

[size[sizeForever Blue and white[/size[/size]
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined[size I will be in the south stand bar before and after the Dewsbury game with sponsor forms and to talk about the walk and answer any questions you may have. Together we can make Halifax RLFC stronger so please take a sponsor form off me and raise as much money as possible just think if 100 people raised £100? I will be doing a practise walk on Tuesday to see how long the walk will take to see what time we need to set off. Look forward to seeing and talking to you on Monday. Happy Easter to you all.[/size

Neil Pidgeon

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2690.jpg

Commendable - that's for sure. He's still wrong about our BOD though. I retract the "prick" slur - and I apologise for the language used - but I sill stand in disbelief that anyone can criticise the BOD after what has happened at our club over the last three years. Listening to some of the stories that Michael told on Sunday at what he and others at the club have to do week in, week out is staggering. They're not sat at big oak desks smoking fat cigars that's for sure.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member9009No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2014Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3481.jpg
:3481.jpg

Quote: littlerich "Commendable - that's for sure. He's still wrong about our BOD though. I retract the "prick" slur - and I apologise for the language used - but I sill stand in disbelief that anyone can criticise the BOD after what has happened at our club over the last three years. Listening to some of the stories that Michael told on Sunday at what he and others at the club have to do week in, week out is staggering. They're not sat at big oak desks smoking fat cigars that's for sure.'"

Just like your comment towards him, he probably didn't mean anything against the BOD. Giving the benefit of doubt he is no doubt upset and dissapointed at the result and the way things are going and written a knee jerk reaction comment.

The amount of times I write something on here and then delete it either seconds after posting it or before posting it is unbelievable... espesh at some of the retard comments that have been posted lately.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6698No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2017Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46669_1419854573.jpg
And Behold, a pale horse. And on his back his name was death. The weekend starts on a Monday.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46669.jpg

Quote: littlerich "Commendable - that's for sure. He's still wrong about our BOD though. I retract the "prick" slur - and I apologise for the language used - but I sill stand in disbelief that anyone can criticise the BOD after what has happened at our club over the last three years. Listening to some of the stories that Michael told on Sunday at what he and others at the club have to do week in, week out is staggering. They're not sat at big oak desks smoking fat cigars that's for sure.'"

icon_motor.gif

Well said, I was at that dinner with our party of 10, I sent an email on Monday thanking everyone in the office and Mike in particular for all the hard work they put in.

You lot who slag off the BOD, what would happen if they walked away?

Again may I point out that Mike, Malcolm and more spend the whole working week down at the shay, their remuneration? nil, their reward, their love of the club (or a slagging of by some of you)

Keep the faith.

icon_biggrin.gifANCE:

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2690.jpg

Quote: urbancarrot "Just like your comment towards him, he probably didn't mean anything against the BOD. Giving the benefit of doubt he is no doubt upset and dissapointed at the result and the way things are going and written a knee jerk reaction comment.

The amount of times I write something on here and then delete it either seconds after posting it or before posting it is unbelievable... espesh at some of the retard comments that have been posted lately.'"

Agreed. These are frustrating times and me, along with others should maybe reflect before before posting. I do recognise the hard work being done by the supporters trust. I've had my run ins with Chris Smith but I do acknowledge the great efforts that he and people like Neil put into the cause.

I hope the players too read these threads. Stick them on the dressing room wall and feel the anguish of the people who will be here long after they've gone.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16474No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15574_1415470358.jpg
Love a brew.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15574.jpg

Quote: littlerich "Agreed. These are frustrating times and me, along with others should maybe reflect before before posting. I do recognise the hard work being done by the supporters trust. I've had my run ins with Chris Smith but I do acknowledge the great efforts that he and people like Neil put into the cause.

I hope the players too read these threads. Stick them on the dressing room wall and feel the anguish of the people who will be here long after they've gone.'"

Reflect over a latte Richard. It's the only way.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4914
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024Aug 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/grunt.gif
been around here long time, thought would start posting...........:Others/grunt.gif

the directors have done a great job over the last few seasons so no need to have a go at them. they know whats best for the club.

31 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
31 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.26806640625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
Douglas Blac
6m
Decision on the field
hatty
9m