FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Halifax Panthers > why take the under 23s game to a rugby union ground ?
47 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2077No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Jan 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: j.c "Let me get this straight,are you saying halifax rlfc and there supporters should behave in the same way as the ru club have behaved ?.'"

Rugby League clubs are best supporting amateur Rugby League clubs and not give any money to the code that has tried its hardest to finish our game. Never trust Union people in my experience-set of liers in many cases.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach133No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2011Mar 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: j.c "Let me get this straight,are you saying halifax rlfc and there supporters should behave in the same way as the ru club have behaved ?.'"

apologies as i dont understand what you mean by this ? what i mean is simple, haliax rlfc should not be supporting rugby union clubs and in particular this club by taking their games to their grounds and swelling their coffers over the bar !

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1523No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2012Sep 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50493_1272707853.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50493.jpg

Quote: The Lucky Black Cat "Rugby League clubs are best supporting amateur Rugby League clubs and not give any money to the code that has tried its hardest to finish our game. Never trust Union people in my experience-set of liers in many cases.'"

Even in the 21st Century there are many dinoraurs in union who still vue Rugby League as a troublesome illegitemate child

j.c
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6858
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

22/03/2013 Get LEIGH outta wigan:

Quote: The Lucky Black Cat "Rugby League clubs are best supporting amateur Rugby League clubs and not give any money to the code that has tried its hardest to finish our game. Never trust Union people in my experience-set of liers in many cases.'"

your absolutely right in what you say RL needs to look after RL.

But Surely its against the laws of the land for the RFU to behave in this manner as far as grants are concerned as the O/P has suggested?.
Does the O/P know for fact that any of the grounds available on the day of the game meet rfl standards for under 23 games?.
Sorry but this sounds like a bitter rant similar to what iv'e come out with once or twice lol.

j.c
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6858
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: viviendo el sueno "apologies as i dont understand what you mean by this ? what i mean is simple, haliax rlfc should not be supporting rugby union clubs and in particular this club by taking their games to their grounds and swelling their coffers over the bar !'"

Are they supporting this club or are they just playing a match on one of ther pitches?.

j.c
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6858
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Les West Guitar God "Even in the 21st Century there are many dinoraurs in union who still vue Rugby League as a troublesome illegitemate child'"

It must be my naivaty but if your post is right then ignore my other posts.
it really is ridiculous that people can still try to justify this behaviour in this day and age.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach133No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2011Mar 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: j.c "Are they supporting this club or are they just playing a match on one of ther pitches?.'"

by playing the game at their ground and drinking in the bar is supporting this club.............just like every amateur rugby league club who has a bar of its own.........selling beer etc is its the biggest income stream...........!!

hence the reason why taking the game there is wrong and urge you not to swell their coffers by drinking in their bar !......................

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1523No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2012Sep 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50493_1272707853.jpg

Quote: j.c "It must be my naivaty but if your post is right then ignore my other posts.
it really is ridiculous that people can still try to justify this behaviour in this day and age.'"

Believe me The Old Crossleyans is Halifax's very own Jurasic Park. I have had first hand expeirience of it when my sons played for King Cross there

j.c
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6858
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: viviendo el sueno "by playing the game at their ground and drinking in the bar is supporting this club.............just like every amateur rugby league club who has a bar of its own.........selling beer etc is its the biggest income stream...........!!

hence the reason why taking the game there is wrong and urge you not to swell their coffers by drinking in their bar !......................'"

There will come a time when you all need to stop behaving and thinking like this.

j.c
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6858
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Les West Guitar God "Believe me The Old Crossleyans is Halifax's very own Jurasic Park. I have had first hand expeirience of it when my sons played for King Cross there'"

honestly mate not long ago leigh east were not far off being evicted from the LSV because of money and one of the first clubs to come forward and offer there facillities was leigh rugby union club.In leigh they get classed as posh lol.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member8194No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2015Apr 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3245_1309285420.jpg
FAILURE ISN'T ABOUT FALLING DOWN, FAILURE IS STAYING DOWN..........:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3245.jpg

Hey, the Old Crocs aren't the only ones who've pulled this type of stunt, the Halifax Vandals did a similar thing about three or four years ago with Sowerby Bridge Rangers juniors. I'm not going to go into the why's or why not's on a public internet forum and I know a lot of the facts surrounding both of these events, having been involved with the junior rugby league sides running out of the RU clubs. I know that through my involvement with the Calderdale service area ( the district representative organisation ) that the Old Brods has also been used in recent seasons for training facilities and also used by Halifax RLFC for the same purpose, as well as the Halifax & district rugby league committee to host local amateur cup finals as well as Old Rishy's at Copley, Heath RU club is currently being used by one of the local high schools within our district to play school matches, this high school is a sports academy BTW. Ovenden Park has also been used in recent seasons to host rugby league reserve fixtures.
In all honesty, I couldn't give a monkeys about what bitterness has gone on in the past, time has to move on and any club or organisation has to make the most of whatever resources they can. On this singular occassion I cannot see what harm it causes using Old Crocs, I intend being there for the game and that's it. Those posters & lurkers who know me personally will know that I very rarely used the bar facilities after watching my lad in his four seasons as a KXP open age player before he moved on to pastures new this season. If anyone wishes to know my reasons as to why I didn't use the bar it's simple, I didn't want to....
Amongst all this political tripe, I'm looking forward to seeing plenty of local young lads wearing the Halifax shirt with pride and playing their dreams out, hoping to move into a career with Halifax RLFC in future years. I wish them and the venture well, I know Martin Gonzales is a very astute student of rugby league and the club are fortunate to have him amongst their staff, give him a couple of years working with these lads and the club will reap the rewards.

rlw
RankPostsTeam
International Star30No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2012Mar 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

honestly cannot believe how some ppl are willing to move on and forgot about what old crossleyans did. King Cross Park are the second largest amateur rugby league club in the area, and old crossleyans threw them out at short notice, to get rfu funding! Park youngsters now have to play at royles head. Tell me how many young kids want to travel up there on a cold wet winters morning. Not many! I cannot imagine how many players King cross park have lost from this digusting incident. And before someone tells me i do not know what i am talking about, i was one of the people turfed out.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1743No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2019Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: rlw "honestly cannot believe how some ppl are willing to move on and forgot about what old crossleyans did. King Cross Park are the second largest amateur rugby league club in the area, and old crossleyans threw them out at short notice, to get rfu funding! Park youngsters now have to play at royles head. Tell me how many young kids want to travel up there on a cold wet winters morning. Not many! I cannot imagine how many players King cross park have lost from this digusting incident. And before someone tells me i do not know what i am talking about, i was one of the people turfed out.'"

Unfortunatly for you, The Old Crocs is first and formost a rugby union club and clubhouse, In these times of economic hardship i am affraid business is business and they have to look out for themselves, If this is what they had to do to get funding then so be it, Thats business and it keeps their club going.

Too Many people on here are ranting becuase they feel personally wronged. If it was a case of HRLFC having to try and turf out the Football club to get funding and keep the club alive then all the rugby supporteds would back it. ( all theoretical of course ).

Its not nice what happened to the King cross club but thats the way it goes.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1523No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2012Sep 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50493_1272707853.jpg

Quote: Faxhali "Unfortunatly for you, The Old Crocs is first and formost a rugby union club and clubhouse, In these times of economic hardship i am affraid business is business and they have to look out for themselves, If this is what they had to do to get funding then so be it, Thats business and it keeps their club going.

Too Many people on here are ranting becuase they feel personally wronged. If it was a case of HRLFC having to try and turf out the Football club to get funding and keep the club alive then all the rugby supporteds would back it. ( all theoretical of course ).

Its not nice what happened to the King cross club but thats the way it goes.'"

Surely in difficult economic times you should try to maximise all income streams rather than cutting off one, or am I missing something?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2077No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Jan 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I have first hand experience of Union National people coming down 5 minutes before the start of a important game and saying to a decent Union player who was getting payed his accomodation by a Union club "If you play League then you will never play Representative Union again and we will make your life difficult at your club!" This happened in 2007 and admittedly not in England. I also know Union officials to tell players if they even trained in Rugby League they would be not welcome at the club-again this in the last 5 years. I know some Union people in the Yorkshire area who have similar thoughts and Union people are sneaky as they verbally threaten people so you need physical evidence of something to take it further to a court or Sport England. With no physical evidence you can do nothing. If anybody thinks any Union club are doing us ( Fax or amateur Club) then you are completely wrong!. Trust nobody in Union as they have little interest in seeing League getting bigger and better.

47 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
47 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.33349609375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
Cuddleclub
29m
Rumours and signings v9
CobraCraig
51m