Jan 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp019.gif
:simpsons/simp019.gif

Quote: Hudd-Shay "I have heard similar rumblings about this. DR for me...No. DR with Huddersfield, for crying out loud Huddersfield, the powerhouse of SL who escaped relegation by the skin of their teeth. That would be typical of Fax. I've tried to find out if there's any truth in this but to no avail. I'm happy that season ticket sales are up but the club have lost three from us due to this farce and, if it indeed does go the way Dbvada says that is us gone for next season at least.'"

I could be wrong but it sounds like your cutting nose off to spite your face. The club need support and money coming from supporters. So you not supporting the because of DR puts the club backwards. Why? Because they need money to build their own stronger squad in the long run and you are taking income away from the club you purport to support.
Can I ask you a question. If Fax were a SL team and DR with a championship team would you not support them?

RankPostsTeam
International Star4766
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
64890_1669714931.jpg
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt. Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt. And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt, Allus do it for Thissen.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_64890.jpg

Quote: Faxlore "I could be wrong but it sounds like your cutting nose off to spite your face. The club need support and money coming from supporters. So you not supporting the because of DR puts the club backwards. Why? Because they need money to build their own stronger squad in the long run and you are taking income away from the club you purport to support.
Can I ask you a question. If Fax were a SL team and DR with a championship team would you not support them?'"

Yes I would although I wouldn't agree with it, remember Fax with Hunslet. I agree it is cutting my nose off to spite my face but as I have said before DR is not just about Fax , it's about the whole game and teams that are using it are just playing in to SL teams hands. Far from securing our future i believe it is making the chances of Fax ever getting back to the higher end of rugby league an ever more distant prospect. To be controlled by Huddersfield, which like it or not is what DR comes down to, would be the last straw.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1089No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp019.gif

I don’t disagree with your sentiments but I have never felt, through any club we have have been DR’d with, that we have been controlled by them. If anything, I have felt that through the clubs we have been DR’d with over the past season these clubs have never provided players that have made a difference to Fax games day. If anything towards the end of the season the SL clubs we have been DR with have actually restricted players coming to us because of their own squad problems/ injuries.
If I were you get your season tickets enjoy supporting Fax it’s always a rollercoaster of a season!

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach9502
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13050.gif
[b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein[/size:112mouem] [/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem] [b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein[/size:112mouem][/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem] [b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln [/size:112mouem][/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem]:13050.gif

Lets face it going on last seasons performance and our squad so far we will be lucky to finish anywhere above 7th this coming season. Sacking off the reserves and then not making the most of a DR agreement would not make much sense. We need to add just for RFF that this still does not mean we agree with the system but where as before if it were sacked off we would be in a stronger position than most teams, now if it gets sacked off we will still be in a similar position to the one now.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4766
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
64890_1669714931.jpg
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt. Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt. And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt, Allus do it for Thissen.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_64890.jpg

Quote: Greg Florimos Boots "Lets face it going on last seasons performance and our squad so far we will be lucky to finish anywhere above 7th this coming season. Sacking off the reserves and then not making the most of a DR agreement would not make much sense. We need to add just for RFF that this still does not mean we agree with the system but where as before if it were sacked off we would be in a stronger position than most teams, now if it gets sacked off we will still be in a similar position to the one now.'"

An excellent point regarding the clubs position post reserves.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1089No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp019.gif

Sacking off the reserves! That is a very nasty and negative statement. Our club has had to make a difficult decision not to run a reserve team. All SL teams are being given thousands of pounds to help them run the reserves. The RFL accepted the Fax application but would not help to fund us. What are the board/meant to do ?
Do you have any concept how much money the club does or doesn’t have? Or even what they have to continue keep our club on a financial even keel.
Accept that the board, coaching staff, squad and all the supporter bodies and supporters do everything we/they can to keep our great club going. Sometimes you just have accepted that we are not the RL force we once were or wish to be. I love this club and accept we have ambition but it will, if ever, take a long long time. But I’m there every week. Up the Fax

RankPostsTeam
International Star4766
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
64890_1669714931.jpg

Quote: Faxlore "Sacking off the reserves! That is a very nasty and negative statement. Our club has had to make a difficult decision not to run a reserve team. All SL teams are being given thousands of pounds to help them run the reserves. The RFL accepted the Fax application but would not help to fund us. What are the board/meant to do ?
Do you have any concept how much money the club does or doesn’t have? Or even what they have to continue keep our club on a financial even keel.
Accept that the board, coaching staff, squad and all the supporter bodies and supporters do everything we/they can to keep our great club going. Sometimes you just have accepted that we are not the RL force we once were or wish to be. I love this club and accept we have ambition but it will, if ever, take a long long time. But I’m there every week. Up the Fax'"

There's not a lot great about a club that is subservient to another. Up The Fax!

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain29No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Faxlore,,you are totally correct, have the other jokers on here tried to push water uphill,well that is what it is like for the vast majority of championship clubs and some SL clubs also. Just lay back and enjoy it if you can,if not, get out of bed.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain153No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20196 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Faxlore "I’m not a fan of DR but I have to agree with DNAfax. Last season Fev were not an outstanding squad but they used this system and nearly made it.
Glad to hear season ticket sales are up from this time last year
Up the Fax'"

Yes, and they get promoted and then what... who are Fev going to DR with next. That's the BS of DR. I am really saddened by the demise of the reserves. Sustainability is the only way forward. I am quite thankful that Fev never got promoted. Somehow DR would then have been legitimised and flying in the face off London who got there on long- term investment in their youth and building an excellent squad over the last 4-5 seasons.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach9502
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13050.gif
[b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein[/size:112mouem] [/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem] [b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein[/size:112mouem][/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem] [b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln [/size:112mouem][/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem]:13050.gif

Quote: Faxlore "Sacking off the reserves! That is a very nasty and negative statement. Our club has had to make a difficult decision not to run a reserve team. All SL teams are being given thousands of pounds to help them run the reserves. The RFL accepted the Fax application but would not help to fund us. What are the board/meant to do ?
Accept that the board, coaching staff, squad and all the supporter bodies and supporters do everything we/they can to keep our great club going. Sometimes you just have accepted that we are not the RL force we once were or wish to be. I love this club and accept we have ambition but it will, if ever, take a long long time. But I’m there every week. Up the Fax'"

It were more a figure of speech but yes that is what we have done, sacked off the reserves. It will not make any difference to my attandance during the season though even if I didn't agree with it. I even understand the reasons behind doing it, obviously a cost cutting measure and the chances of us getting players that could come through to the first team is very low with other teams now running a reserves as well. The trust did a vast amount of work to bring funds in to the club to fund the reserves and I am sure they will still help in bringing money in but if the club are banking on it been the same amount as they brought in before then its probably an error as a lot of people donated to them because it was going to the reserves. We have already seen people say on here that will now stop and who can blame them.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain29No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

From what I hear Leeds and Fev will share a res. side, Fev will get a pick in the sweetie shop,Gary gets the dosh and meets the S L reserve criteria and we do nothing? To be competitive we need a deal with someone that helps us compete. I fully support the BOD decision on the reserves,I don't have to like it but we all have to be realistic.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4766
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
64890_1669714931.jpg

Quote: Fanfaxtic "From what I hear Leeds and Fev will share a res. side, Fev will get a pick in the sweetie shop,Gary gets the dosh and meets the S L reserve criteria and we do nothing? To be competitive we need a deal with someone that helps us compete. I fully support the BOD decision on the reserves,I don't have to like it but we all have to be realistic.'"

But surely by going down that path, Fax/Fev or any other championship club are furthering the day when they can truly be able to challenge for a place at the top table. The SL clubs must be collectively peeing theirselves at the short sightedness of it all. In effect we are doing their dirty work for them and saying how grateful we are to be part of it. There's none so blind as those that will not see.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain29No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I understand your logic Hudd Shay but most clubs are in such a dire financial position it is the lesser of two evils. It's not the clubs fault that the RFL allow this to happen, it is in the RFL interest so as to preserve the clubs long term by allowing the DR swapshop to keep clubs afloat without contract costs.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4766
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
64890_1669714931.jpg

Quote: Fanfaxtic "I understand your logic Hudd Shay but most clubs are in such a dire financial position it is the lesser of two evils. It's not the clubs fault that the RFL allow this to happen, it is in the RFL interest so as to preserve the clubs long term by allowing the DR swapshop to keep clubs afloat without contract costs.'"

In which case then it is probably time for clubs below SL to break away and let the 'elite' play with theirselves 'lol'. Easier said than done of course but the way things are going some clubs are going to disappear altogether. New tv deals and sponsorships could be sought for what after all is a much more enjoyable brand of rugby than the stale five drives and a kick that SL has become. I'm sure the fans in SL would be delighted to watch Huddersfield v Wakefield 5/6 times a season and fork out for trips to Canada, France, Lebanon or wherever. As it stands the game is heading headlong into oblivion so the status quo to me is not an option. Up The Fax!

RankPostsTeam
International Star714
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
52806_1304604881.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_52806.jpeg

Quote: Hudd-Shay "But surely by going down that path, Fax/Fev or any other championship club are furthering the day when they can truly be able to challenge for a place at the top table. The SL clubs must be collectively peeing theirselves at the short sightedness of it all. In effect we are doing their dirty work for them and saying how grateful we are to be part of it. There's none so blind as those that will not see.'"

Pete,

This isn’t true though is it? Fev got within 25 mins of beating Toronto in the GF and had been told that if we had won we would have been accepted into SL (whether this would have been good or bad for Fev we’ll never know). And as much as I dislike DR without it I doubt we would have made the top 5. Given the way that Fev use DR I have two choices either go watch Fev and accept all things DR or sack of something I enjoy doing supporting my club. I have chosen the former.

For me all the championship clubs should have told SL to go with DR when is was first muted, unfortunately some clubs used it from day one and therefore it became the norm which has meant that most (all) clubs have used it at some point. And now it is with us I can’t see it going away and therefore either accept it or walk away from the club I follow.

As for a breakaway this can’t happen until after at least the 2021 season because the TV deal that Sky have includes the championship, which means that we can’t sort our own TV deal out until that point in time. However there is one thing that a breakaway does mean, whether now or in 2022, and that is that all the clubs that breakaway will never have a chance to compete in the top division ever again going forwards.

Hope to see you in the new year for a beer at the very least.

43 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
43 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

1.8984375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Leigh it is
Cokey
9m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Whino4life
34m
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
Mr Snoodle
35m
Recruitment rumours and links
MorePlaymake
49m
Shopping list for 2025
Irregs#16
51m
Play-off semi-final
Khlav Kalash
Recent
Squad 2024
Brew
Recent
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Irregular Ho
Recent
Former players
Jemmo
Recent
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
1m
Fev H Play Off
Wigan Bull
1m
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
karetaker
1m
Doncaster home
Dr Dreadnoug
1m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
2m
Whitehaven Away
the fax in a
2m
Man of Steel
MorePlaymake
3m
Rumours thread
PopTart
4m
SL CHAT THREAD OTHER TEAMS GAMES
Neruda
5m
Ground Improvements
imwakefieldt
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
MorePlaymake
TODAY
Guest appearance
Kick and cha
TODAY
Squad for HKR
Or thane
TODAY
Proposed rule changes 2025
finglas
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Wigan Bull
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
Khlav Kalash
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Kevin Turvey
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
Mr Snoodle
TODAY
2025 Squad
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
2024 Season Review
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
McNamara interview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
French Elite 1 season 2024/2025 Thread
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Butcher
TODAY
2025 membership/renewals
Chris71
TODAY
Hull FC ladies
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Kai
Cokey
TODAY
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
karetaker
TODAY
Wakefield v Dons - Sunday 29 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
The play-offs
Ckt2487
TODAY
This years play off series
matt_wire
TODAY
Leigh it is
Cokey
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Play Off SF
Cokey
TODAY
Must do better
Wires71
TODAY
Warrington Wolves Break Saints Hearts With Golden Point Win
RLFANS News
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M +21,718 ↓-13880,12914,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TOMORROW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
20:00
Hull KR
v
Warrington
 Sat 5th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sun 6th Oct
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 4th Oct
SL
20:00
Hull KR-Warrington
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 28 761 341 420 42
Hull KR 27 719 327 392 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22