JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Dec 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Take it thats Elland players going to Stainland, better them staying in league than all going to play union like they did last year. Does get a bit silly thouggh was talking to a fella from the league last week and he said there was nothing to stop Siddal registering all their 1st teamers to play in their pennine league side. Ovenden players are scattered between Boothtown, Illingworth and Irish. All a bit silly really. I almost walked away from the game last year when I played against Thornhills 2nd team in Division 7 they had a few Shaw Cross lads playing for them, some had even played at Dewsbury and its was farcical.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member8194No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2015Apr 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3245_1309285420.jpg
FAILURE ISN'T ABOUT FALLING DOWN, FAILURE IS STAYING DOWN..........:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3245.jpg

Quote: Leon Ashton "Take it thats Elland players going to Stainland, better them staying in league than all going to play union like they did last year. Does get a bit silly thouggh was talking to a fella from the league last week and he said there was nothing to stop Siddal registering all their 1st teamers to play in their pennine league side. Ovenden players are scattered between Boothtown, Illingworth and Irish. All a bit silly really. I almost walked away from the game last year when I played against Thornhills 2nd team in Division 7 they had a few Shaw Cross lads playing for them, some had even played at Dewsbury and its was farcical.'"

The thing is Leon, when we go on our coaching courses we learn the reasons why youngsters are only permitted to play so many minutes per day or per week to protect them in their years of physical development etc etc but my lad played Conference rugby for Siddal at 16 year old last season on the saturday & U18's rugby on the sunday morning a mere 20 hours or so later. Now I wasn't going to stand in his way, proud as punch I was to be honest that he was considered good enough, but playing so much & to such a high competetive standard & then having the opportunity to play for college midweek and U18's & U23's with his local pro club during the summer is a fantastic opportunity, but the pre-season for them commenced around end Oct-start of Nov so it's quite a lot to commit to, plus college/working part-time too.
I'd prefer the local lads had a break at some point in the calendar year whether they play RL or RU, it just cannot be good for the mind or the body.
As an example of how different Championship clubs are allowed to operate versus SL clubs, I stand to be corrected but I believe & I trust the person who gave me the info, SL clubs are permitted for their academy lads to train up to three times a week plus play competetive game/s but my man tells me that Championship clubs such as Halifax are only permitted to train their U18's once per week under RFL guidelines, exactly why, wasn't explained to me and quite possibly this will change again with the re-structuring of the junior set ups. By comparison, when my lad was an U16 scholar at a local SL club a couple of seasons ago, they were in twice every week & around gamedays they were in twice training, once more for a match prep session the night before a game and then play the following day. The monday session after the game was termed "video review session" which apparently consisted of a brief run through of the weekend's game, then into a training session & the players had their own password to review their individual positives/negatives on a website on returning home.
How level a playing field is that unless your in SL ?

Because the governing body are attempting to bring all formats into summer, it's the same lads who are being stretched across the 12 months in the year, all-year-round rugby. By transforming the mini-mod into summer a few years ago, by the time those kids filter into open age it'll be a natural progression & I'm all for that so long as they abolish the all year round playing.
Greetland 2nds yet again got cancelled yesterday 'cos either of the two sides didn't have enough players. Ridiculously, one of the sides involved will get fined, thrown out of the league & that'll be lads lost to the game somewhere down the line. On a smaller scale proving that expansion is failing.
There are some unusual names in the Pennine league nowadays, I'm wondering if Ponty S & C really are a reformed Chequerfield as is what i hear, the league want their heads looking at if that's the case.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1031No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2017Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

There are some unusual names in the Pennine league nowadays, I'm wondering if Ponty S & C really are a reformed Chequerfield as is what i hear, the league want their heads looking at if that's the case.'"
]

Why do yo say that? They are the old chequerfield team i know many of the lads that play for them, the old Chequerfield team wernt that bad at all

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1466No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Dec 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

icon_lol.gif no they were a delightful bunch weren't they. Only had the pleasure of playing against them twice and both games were abandonned. icon_eek.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star1031No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2017Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Leon Ashton "icon_lol.gif no they were a delightful bunch weren't they. Only had the pleasure of playing against them twice and both games were abandonned.
Played against them many time, sure they play it tough but sound lads after, and there all Rovers fans to boot. The problem is amateur teams in the Halifax / Bradford area play a much different type of game to what they play ponte / fev / parts of leeds. When we (selby warriors) 1st moved to the pennine we had to adjust then when we played local teams in local cups the difference used to take us back abit took some getting used to again. Chequerfield got a bad name because some one in tyhe crowd thought it would be amusing to fire a ball bearing gun at someone during a game, nothing to do with the players

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member8194No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2015Apr 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3245_1309285420.jpg
FAILURE ISN'T ABOUT FALLING DOWN, FAILURE IS STAYING DOWN..........:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3245.jpg

Quote: gingdong "Played against them many time, sure they play it tough but sound lads after, and there all Rovers fans to boot. The problem is amateur teams in the Halifax / Bradford area play a much different type of game to what they play ponte / fev / parts of leeds. When we (selby warriors) 1st moved to the pennine we had to adjust then when we played local teams in local cups the difference used to take us back abit took some getting used to again. Chequerfield got a bad name because some one in tyhe crowd thought it would be amusing to fire a ball bearing gun at someone during a game, nothing to do with the players'"

As opposed to many of the players being d1ckheads on the field eh Gingy ?

Strangely enough, we've had an abandonement over there years ago as well, even wanted to scrap in the sheds after, the players, not the sniper.

My point being, there's a very good reason why some teams change their names.....
The Museum/Moston Rangers/Thameside lot from Manchester were artists at it, Keighley clubs were the same at one time, think of a name, change it, same players in the main.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman25858
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1013_1274975796.gif
Black [color=red:1mjyx80j]Red[/color:1mjyx80j] [color=blue:1mjyx80j]Blue[/color:1mjyx80j] [color=green:1mjyx80j]Green[/color:1mjyx80j]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1013.gif

Quote: marillion man "As opposed to many of the players being d1ckheads on the field eh Gingy ?

Strangely enough, we've had an abandonement over there years ago as well, even wanted to scrap in the sheds after, the players, not the sniper.

My point being, there's a very good reason why some teams change their names.....
The Museum/Moston Rangers/Thameside lot from Manchester were artists at it, Keighley clubs were the same at one time, think of a name, change it, same players in the main.'"

Which was the club that when disbanded, no more than 2 players from its side were allowed to sign on at other teams, to make sure they were kept apart? or was that just a myth

RankPostsTeam
International Star1031No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2017Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: marillion man "As opposed to many of the players being d1ckheads on the field eh Gingy ?

The Museum/Moston Rangers/Thameside lot from Manchester were artists at it, Keighley clubs were the same at one time, think of a name, change it, same players in the main.'"

Can only tell you about my personal experiences and i have played in many high profile games against them over the years with big crowds watching the lot, i was always in the thick of it playing hooker and i always loved playing them never had any problems with them i know a lot of them personally as well. They are a young team now and play out of Chequerfield in Nevison

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2077No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Jan 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Chequerfield and Fryston two of the best clubs you could come up against if you wished to be punched in every tackle, kneed in the back and general thuggish behaviour to come out. I dont mind some rough stuff, but there is a line and Chequerfield and Fryston regular crossed it. The Refs were too scared to do too much and allowed it to happen. The Yorkshire League was/is a disgrace and why a number of teams crossed over to the Pennine League! You can try and defend your "mates" gingdong but the fact is they are not Rugby players just Thugby players that have no place in our game. And it would not surprise me that the small idiot element that follow Fev every now and then had something to do with Chequerfield/Pontefract.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1031No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2017Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: The Lucky Black Cat "Chequerfield and Fryston two of the best clubs you could come up against if you wished to be punched in every tackle, kneed in the back and general thuggish behaviour to come out. I dont mind some rough stuff, but there is a line and Chequerfield and Fryston regular crossed it. The Refs were too scared to do too much and allowed it to happen. The Yorkshire League was/is a disgrace and why a number of teams crossed over to the Pennine League! You can try and defend your "mates" gingdong but the fact is they are not Rugby players just Thugby players that have no place in our game. And it would not surprise me that the small idiot element that follow Fev every now and then had something to do with Chequerfield/Pontefract.'"

Im not defending anyone no need to, telling you about my experiences, Fryston are dirty, horrible scummy cas tosspots allways will be. Chequerfield / Ponte social in my experience nothing like them the remark about them and thugs following Fev is ridiculous. The reason many teams crossed over was because of the administration of the league was rubbish. I played in Yorks premier against the likes of Queens, BRK, Hunslet Warriors, Stanningley, Chequers and loved every min of it. Its a different style of rugby there in your face all the time, intimidating and bullying if you let them, the style of rugby Halifax and Bradford is different, but trust me it can be just as physical and just as dirty

RankPostsTeam
International Star53No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2012Oct 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Chequersfield we're kicked outta leagues for a string of bad behaviour a few years back. One incident where a chequersfield player Bit part of an opposing teans physio's ear and the fans shot the ref with an air pistol. Also ponte social (chequersfield reformed) have been known for causing trouble in games this season, for example Vs Stainland where they were throwing punches and trying to bully stainland and the ref. "Great" team. Would be fun to see them playing against woodhouse.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13012No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021Apr 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15768_1384187582.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15768.jpg

Does that mean they cant Wind up anybody now ?

RankPostsTeam
International Star1031No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2017Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: DG Sport "Chequersfield we're kicked outta leagues for a string of bad behaviour a few years back. One incident where a chequersfield player Bit part of an opposing teans physio's ear and the fans shot the ref with an air pistol. Also ponte social (chequersfield reformed) have been known for causing trouble in games this season, for example Vs Stainland where they were throwing punches and trying to bully stainland and the ref. "Great" team. Would be fun to see them playing against woodhouse.'"

Chequerfield were never kicked out of the league, The biting bit was on the head of a physio when they were playing Stanningley Crown in Leeds, Crown were the scummiest team iv ever played against, the physio was not an innocent bystander, it was a ball bearing gun not an air pistol it never hit the ref was just fired into the air. Throwing punches and trying to bully goes on in a lot of games, we played them in Ponte 1st game of the season beat them no problems. the lads told me themselves they had a tougher dirtier game in Greetland last Sat. Chequerfield had a few games running were they got some bad press and gave them a bad reputation, undeserved in my view i could name you many teams and clubs much, much worse than them and not all were from the old Yorks league

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1466No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Dec 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Undeserved? So the racial abuse of Lee Innes was OK?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner4335
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8694.gif
Devon Sharks RL - Torbay's ONLY Rugby League Team [url]www.devonsharksrl.co.uk[/url] Halifax Community RL (IMBRL) - Halifax TAG Rugby League Team Wakefield and Featherstone IMBRL Tournament Cup Champions 2007 Hull IMBRL Tournament Plate Winners 2006 "Metal Ashes of Phoenix Show" every Friday 8-10pm on Phoenix FM 96.7 and via the station web site.:8694.gif

As this thread has firmly fallen off the rails and the risk of something being said that could reflect badly on RLFans and Halifax RLFC - I have locked this thread. Please see AUP if you have any issues.

26 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
26 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.1572265625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
ComeOnYouUll
Recent
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
FORUM