Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

So Leeds have named their squad for Sundays game KO 16.45
Fev have named their squad for Sundays game at Batley KO 15.00.

Now i know its not that far from Mount Pleasant to Headingley but how the heck can the same two players be named in both match day squads.

RFL get a grip, the game at the moment beggars belief.

d040.gif d040.gif d040.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star1077No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: cowfax "So Leeds have named their squad for Sundays game KO 16.45
Fev have named their squad for Sundays game at Batley KO 15.00.

Now i know its not that far from Mount Pleasant to Headingley but how the heck can the same two players be named in both match day squads.

RFL get a grip, the game at the moment beggars belief.

The squads have to be named on Friday, 48 hours before the game.

Most teams will have a "captain's run" or similar on Saturday morning, where injuries can happen, or players unexpectedly fail late fitness tests, causing an intended DR player to be called up to the parent club

It's actually an improvement on the previous system in that respect - previously DR clubs could suddenly lose a player in the 24 hours before a game without any warning if there was an injury in the parent club squad, I'm sure this has happened to Fax and it's definitely happened to Fev. At least now we know which players that could happen to.

Given you can't bring in anybody new to the 21-man squad now other than for reasons of a DR player being pulled out at the last minute (or someone being suspended after the squad has been named), players who are expected to play for the DR club are frequently going to be named in the parent club's 21- man squad now if they are first cover for a position in case of late injury.

RankPostsTeam
International Star339No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: The Phantom Horseman "The squads have to be named on Friday, 48 hours before the game.

Most teams will have a "captain's run" or similar on Saturday morning, where injuries can happen, or players unexpectedly fail late fitness tests, causing an intended DR player to be called up to the parent club

It's actually an improvement on the previous system in that respect - previously DR clubs could suddenly lose a player in the 24 hours before a game without any warning if there was an injury in the parent club squad, I'm sure this has happened to Fax and it's definitely happened to Fev. At least now we know which players that could happen to.

Given you can't bring in anybody new to the 21-man squad now other than for reasons of a DR player being pulled out at the last minute (or someone being suspended after the squad has been named), players who are expected to play for the DR club are frequently going to be named in the parent club's 21- man squad now if they are first cover for a position in case of late injury.'"

I don`t accept that. My point is that if a player is to be selected for a game squad he is selected and should not be in another teams squad.

Just because you know who might be pulled doesn`t help at all if they are. I don`t see how its any different to previously if you can add to a squad if the DR is pulled.

If a club names one of their signed players then that player should not be allowed to be named in any others squad in that weeks round of matches.

This would solve the issue where a team trains with DR players only to see them pulled back at the last minute.

DR is a mess and not good for the game. It will only get worse as reserves start to play.

DR is a bad system that was never thought out properly and this tinkering is not making it work any better

RankPostsTeam
International Star1077No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: cowfax "I don`t accept that. My point is that if a player is to be selected for a game squad he is selected and should not be in another teams squad.

Just because you know who might be pulled doesn`t help at all if they are. I don`t see how its any different to previously if you can add to a squad if the DR is pulled.

If a club names one of their signed players then that player should not be allowed to be named in any others squad in that weeks round of matches.

This would solve the issue where a team trains with DR players only to see them pulled back at the last minute.

DR is a mess and not good for the game. It will only get worse as reserves start to play.

DR is a bad system that was never thought out properly and this tinkering is not making it work any better'"

This is fairly simple and obvious - if you could only be named in one squad that would make parent clubs much less willing to release potential DR players, which both parent club and DR club would see as a negative.

I really don't see the issue with players being named in both squads especially now they have been raised to 21. We know there are going to be 4 players drop out of every squad each week and we won't know until an hour before kick off which ones.

I get that you don't like DR and lots of fans don't, but getting worked up over this makes no sense, it has little impact on anybody.

RankPostsTeam
International Star339No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: The Phantom Horseman "We know there are going to be 4 players drop out of every squad each week and we won't know until an hour before kick off which ones.'"

Exactly my point , the club doesn`t know until an hour before. How can anyone make a game plan nor knowing who might or might not play.

DR is not good but teams will use it but to allow a player to be named in two squads is just totally unacceptable and just wrong

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2390
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Totally agree its just ridiculous icon_rolleyes.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star1077No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: cowfax "Exactly my point , the club doesn`t know until an hour before. How can anyone make a game plan nor knowing who might or might not play.
'"

Eh? Which club doesn't know until an hour before? Of course they know an hour before the game who the DR player is playing for!
As I've stated, this is permissible because squads have to be announced 48 hours before the game and clubs have a training session the day before the game. In terms of making a game plan it's absolutely no different to losing a regular squad member the day before the game due to injury.It's really straightforward and has no negative impact on anyone.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13012No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021Apr 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15768_1384187582.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15768.jpg

Quote: bentleyman "Totally agree its just ridiculous A stranger in the Camp icon_lol.gif what are you doing on here Mick.?This is a thread for Cowfax and the Horseman,you should be trying to get Pete to attend this afternoons Fax game.I can’t believe he’s thinking of missing the whole season. icon_eek.gif .

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2390
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Im surprised that your surprised we all know HS views on D/R

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13012No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021Apr 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15768_1384187582.jpg

Quote: bentleyman "Im surprised that your surprised we all know HS views on D/R'"

For me Mick whatever your views are you still follow yer team , it’s like Religion and Politics you can never win, what will be will be as Doris Day used to say.
Shame he feels this way, but it won’t alter anything,we have no DR this year but needs must.I will be looking for the Fax result this afternoon.Good Luck. icon_thumb.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star4749
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
64890_1669714931.jpg
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt. Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt. And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt, Allus do it for Thissen.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_64890.jpg

The title of the thread sums up perfectly the way the game is being run at the moment. DR aside, if you stand back and look at what's going on in the game it is astounding. The reserve team saga, Foreign cubs in the English league, the Bradford/RFL situation, a GB coach picking 2nd rate Aussies to play, out of position, for our national team. Need I go on? I hope things change but with the people in charge of the game going nowhere, I don't hold out much hope.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13012No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021Apr 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15768_1384187582.jpg

Quote: Hudd-Shay "The title of the thread sums up perfectly the way the game is being run at the moment. DR aside, if you stand back and look at what's going on in the game it is astounding. The reserve team saga, Foreign cubs in the English league, the Bradford/RFL situation, a GB coach picking 2nd rate Aussies to play, out of position, for our national team. Need I go on? I hope things change but with the people in charge of the game going nowhere, I don't hold out much hope.'"

Pete, I don’t think you will find one person to disagree with you , but it won’t make any difference,the reserves saga is about cash,again probably the same with Bradford,the Bennett situation is a joke, but it’s up to the RFL to sort things out, your stance won’t make the slightest difference,it’s about you and yer entertainment, cmon mate get to the Shay this afternoon, yer Club needs you.
I’m doing my bit for Fax , I’ve entered 2 teams in the Fax Fantasy League comp. icon_thumb.gif .

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13012No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021Apr 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15768_1384187582.jpg

Quote: Hudd-Shay "The title of the thread sums up perfectly the way the game is being run at the moment. DR aside, if you stand back and look at what's going on in the game it is astounding. The reserve team saga, Foreign cubs in the English league, the Bradford/RFL situation, a GB coach picking 2nd rate Aussies to play, out of position, for our national team. Need I go on? I hope things change but with the people in charge of the game going nowhere, I don't hold out much hope.'"

Shaun Wane for Bennetts job?

RankPostsTeam
International Star4749
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
64890_1669714931.jpg
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt. Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt. And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt, Allus do it for Thissen.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_64890.jpg

Quote: charlie caroli "Pete, I don’t think you will find one person to disagree with you , but it won’t make any difference,the reserves saga is about cash,again probably the same with Bradford,the Bennett situation is a joke, but it’s up to the RFL to sort things out, your stance won’t make the slightest difference,it’s about you and yer entertainment, cmon mate get to the Shay this afternoon, yer Club needs you.
I’m doing my bit for Fax , I’ve entered 2 teams in the Fax Fantasy League comp. I appreciate what you say Ian but I've just had enough. If we carry on like this teams like ours are just going to become feeder clubs at best. Some clubs won't exist in a few years I believe. I know me taking a bit of time out will change nowt but I'll see how we go and hopefully I get the desire back.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4749
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
64890_1669714931.jpg

Quote: charlie caroli "Shaun Wane for Bennetts job?'"

At least he's British.

30 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
30 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.1318359375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
1m
Film game
karetaker
3m