Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
287.jpg
AM I RIGHT? I'M NOT WRONG!:287.jpg

Looks like Leeds will be sending us 3 forwards for the Widnes match - Ben Littlewood, Tom Nicholson-Watton and Corey Johnson. Johnson was quiet last week but I'd have him on the bench replacing Inman assuming AOB will be back. I'd have Widdop replace Barber in the centre, Barber on the bench. Looks like Gee will be out, so the other 2 Leeds forwards come in for him and the totally ineffective Connor Davies. Salty to replace McComb.

Widnes no great shakes at the mo so I'm going for Fax 22 Widnes 18 after giving the customary points start.

RankPostsTeam
Junior Player215No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20231 year
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: faxcar "It was Gilmore who was in possession and him being dragged into touch and he offloaded to his teammate whilst still being in the field of play.

But as you say the ref when challenged after the incident by Gilmore and at half time when leaving the pitch by the Widnes coaching staff indicated someone had pulled / obstructed a Fax player, didn’t see anything at the time and if it had been earlier in the play when Gilmore first picked up and took off the question is why the penalty wasn’t taken further down the field where it had taken place.
Have to watch it back to see what went on but looked a strange one even by some of today’s standards. icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star4434
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Miserybusiness "I’ve watched it back and it confirmed it being the daftest call I’ve ever seen... I was sat right across from where it happened behind some other Fax and Widnes fans and that’s exactly what I said at the time, to a man everyone was just sat there gob smacked.

First shocked / surprised at Gilroy’s skill at getting the offload away and finding one of his team mates followed by the pen and total confusion.

We’ve all seen some real head scratchers over the years but this one is top of the pile. icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star509No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Animal.gif
My Humble Opinion Only - let the knockers begin. Part quote from The Beggars Littany by John Taylor circa 16C From Hell,Hull and Halifax may the Good Lord deliver us.:Black Backgrounds/Animal.gif

Maybe Theo current Vplayers should watch. Richard Harris in ‘ This Sporting Life’ filmed at Thrum Hall to give them some fighting spirit!

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman6473
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
287.jpg
AM I RIGHT? I'M NOT WRONG!:287.jpg

I don't think you can really accuse the players of lacking in fighting spirit, they only lost by 4 points against one of the league's strongest teams.

Folk seem to forget we have now been a championship team for over 20 years, have one of the lowest average crowds, are laden with hundreds of thousands of debt and have problems with being evicted from an oversized stadium we can't afford to take on.

It's not just us, other teams aren't far behind. That's why clubs need to stop sleep walking into oblivion and get their heads together for the good of the sport. Collectively reduce entrance charges to a tenner, reducing player contracts accordingly; offer half price admission at away games for season ticket holders; put on meaningful pre match entertainment; get rid of the so called expansion clubs: Midlands, North Wales, Cornwall, Newcastle, Toulouse and London,; scrap League 1 and expand the Championship with the remaining League 1 grass roots clubs; reintroduce the Yorkshire and Lancashire cups as a pre-season warm up and the equivalent of a Northern Rail competition to operate alongside the Championship; forget about Super League which will probably go bust when SKY renew the contract when they offer even less money because they know no other broadcaster cares about RL

Wholesale changes, etc are needed otherwise as I say we'll just plod along slowly dying in the process.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4434
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Tony Fax "I don't think you can really accuse the players of lacking in fighting spirit, they only lost by 4 points against one of the league's strongest teams.

Folk seem to forget we have now been a championship team for over 20 years, have one of the lowest average crowds, are laden with hundreds of thousands of debt and have problems with being evicted from an oversized stadium we can't afford to take on.

It's not just us, other teams aren't far behind. That's why clubs need to stop sleep walking into oblivion and get their heads together for the good of the sport. Collectively reduce entrance charges to a tenner, reducing player contracts accordingly; offer half price admission at away games for season ticket holders; put on meaningful pre match entertainment; get rid of the so called expansion clubs

Yes and apart from all that, in the mean time I’ll settle for a win at Batley. icon_lol.gif

34 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
34 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.4150390625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
On to Cas
Steve0
47m
Film game
karetaker
Recent