JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Aug 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Greg Florimos Boots "Im surprised how many of our fans are happy to accept mediocracy and think that is the overall mentality that we as a club have slipped in to. Ive read so many excuses to why we served up what we served up yesterday. I'm not to the point where I think Grix has to go but i'm also not at the stage where I am going to defend him whatever the results.

A few things that people seem to be forgetting regarding our "tired" performance yesterday. Batley also had a tough game last Friday and took a bit of a beating both physically and on the scoreboard. They also pick up just as many bumps and bruises as us from that game. Despite that for some reason for 55 minutes or so we were the only team that looked tired and unorganised.

People also seem to be letting our cup run blind themselves to the sort of performances we have been putting up in the league. For me we have comfortably the 2nd best squad in the league and we probably also have the 3rd/4th highest squad spend in the league and you have to ask the question if someone like Craig Lingard was in charge of this sort of squad would we be running 5th in the league at this point? Look at our league performances so far, we scraped a win against Sheffield which on the face of it given how well they have done was a good win, we then lost to Fev in the first 15 minutes, snook a win at home against London and then turned up terible performances against, Widnes, Barrow, Bradford and a poor performance against a depleted York side. We all happy with that?

Outside of the cup we have really only put on one solid performance all season against a poor Haven side for me at this stage of the season with the side we have that quite simply is not good enough, that is unless we are happy to just meander along making excuses.

Personel wise there have been a lot of questions asked about recruitment. Grix does not seem to do his homework on players, multiple times signing players who within a few games are suddenly "not good enough" for us. We get rid of Springer, King, and probably Doro next who all seem to excel away from Fax. We start the season without a recognised centre which is almost laughable the arrogance that we thought that would be okay and its a problem that has come back to bite us on the bum multiple times this season. We bring in Fleming and Pickersgill which seems a waste of money especially given the perfect situation yesterday to bring Pickersgill in to the team and that was passed up, maybe its just a case of another signing who it turns out is not good enough for us.

So the positives which for me at the moment are been outweighed by the negatives. On our day we are the most exciting team in the division to watch by far and we are capable of playing some brilliant rugby. The cup run has been brilliant and we still have a shot at making Wembley thanks to a great win at Fev and an awesome display against Bradford. If anything its those performances that set the bar high for recent games that we have not been able to live up to. Signings wise he is responsible for putting the team together that has been able to play this sort of rugby and we have the makings of a really good team. I guess another plus is that despite our league form we could still put a run together and get 2nd and where as Batley and Sheffield are celebrating great seasons, ours has been pretty poor in the league and we still have been able to give ourselves a good shot and the reality is that come the playoffs Fev would not be comfortable playing us in the final.

So overall I don't think it is time for Grix to go but we have some tough fixtures coming up and a couple of losses will have the pressure mounting on him and lets face facts, we are not Bradford, we would have people lining up out of the door to go for what in reality is probably the 2nd most desirable job in the Championship and personally I would love to see Liam Finn given a chance if need be especially as our decline seems to have coincided with his move to Dewsbury. The thing I find annoying at the moment is the constant excuses to why we have been average for most of the season, we seem to be at the point now where we are setting the bar so low that its simply seen as been ok if we fail. Nobody ever achieved anything with the attitude that we are showing at the moment.'"

A perfect post and sums up eloquenty why several people,myself included,aren't Grix fans,which doesn't make us naive and misguided as the apologists suggest...

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain978No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Aug 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Seems we can only sign players we've had before now..Maher,Lannon,Fleming,Douglas-none of which were spectacular previously-as when we go for potential upgrades Springer,king,Doro the coach takes an instant dislike.Something drastic needs to change in our recruitment policy.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1085No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20205 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Yes apart from walmsley , Keyes , jouffret, inman , tibbs , wood , gee , maizen , and doro is injured btw .

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain978No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Aug 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I was only refering to the more recent forward signings as this is where the problem lies IMO.
I accept Gee was an excellent signing-the only forward who impressed me at York.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1085No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20205 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The pack only fails when theydon’t stick to the game plan , Murray , calcott , lannon etc are all more effective when their not knackered from us overplaying and making mistakes causing us to defend more leading to fatigue. We need leaders to carry out Grixs’ instructions and keep a cool head .

RankPostsTeam
International Star342No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Both Springer and King wanted away for different reasons. I think Lannon looks the part now. Doro is still young and a work in progress. You need to look after young forwards.

Can anyone suggest names that would improve the squad and that are likely to be available? I am sure the board would be interested in any suggestions. As I have said before ...... money......

We have two great halves who were brought in by Grix, probably the most exciting pair outside super league. Lets build on what we have.

32 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
32 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

15.16943359375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
just_browny
12m
Tonights match v HKR
just_browny
12m