FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Halifax Panthers > Newcastle Thunder.
23 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
RankPostsTeam
International Star4770
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
64890_1669714931.jpg
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt. Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt. And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt, Allus do it for Thissen.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_64890.jpg

Can Fax continue their impressive winning run? A repeat of our performance on Tyneside would do although with lads playing with injuries I would take a steady win with no more casualties. We are getting to the point of the season where we are looking towards the play-offs and could do with resting players although I doubt that is an option open to Simon Grix. Let's hope for our winning run to continue and I will go Fax 32v12 Newcastle. icon_thumb.gif

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player772
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20214 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

For me the defence looked strong again we only conceded when a player down. Salty was very good and i think a few of the team could do with upping there work load to take some of the carries from him. A wins a win but for me the same problems week after week are still there in the halves i hope this is something simon is looking to change for next season unless there is a chance to bring someone in this season. It is no good keeping forcing repeat sets if you don't take advantage and score we need to score more points or eventually we will find ourselves on the wrong end of these tight games. The biggest reason why these games are so tight is because we waste chances through either poor decision making or poor execution we should of won by a lot more comfortable margin yesterday and in previous weeks too but i don't see this changing with the players we have got in the halves.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain978No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Aug 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Fail to see why anyone can blame our halves,playing behind that pack.It must be the smallest and least damaging we've had in my memory.Was there a tackle bust in 80 minutes against Newcastle or Whitehaven...?
Get the two loanees back and a couple of props and we may have a chance of turning Fev over.Otherwise another wasted opportunity.Being third is fine if you're satisfied with that when two go up potentially and you're light years behind them...

RankPostsTeam
International Star4770
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
64890_1669714931.jpg
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt. Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt. And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt, Allus do it for Thissen.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_64890.jpg

Quote: Beaujangles "Fail to see why anyone can blame our halves,playing behind that pack.It must be the smallest and least damaging we've had in my memory.Was there a tackle bust in 80 minutes against Newcastle or Whitehaven...?
Get the two loanees back and a couple of props and we may have a chance of turning Fev over.Otherwise another wasted opportunity.Being third is fine if you're satisfied with that when two go up potentially and you're light years behind them...'"

Spot on. It must be our smallest, least aggressive pack ever. Plus, can you imagine coming third and two teams go up? Play-offs, and a first one at home are more or less guaranteed, so it might come down to 80 minutes to achieve Super League status and the money that goes with it next year. That's if the club really wants it....

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player772
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20214 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Beaujangles "Fail to see why anyone can blame our halves,playing behind that pack.It must be the smallest and least damaging we've had in my memory.Was there a tackle bust in 80 minutes against Newcastle or Whitehaven...?
Get the two loanees back and a couple of props and we may have a chance of turning Fev over.Otherwise another wasted opportunity.Being third is fine if you're satisfied with that when two go up potentially and you're light years behind them...'"

The reason why i criticize or halves is because despite our lack of fire power through the middle i agree with you on that we still get more then our fair share of good field position. Credit should also go to our outside backs for getting us that field position but when we are there how many sets do we need to score. Too many chances come and go and we do not get enough return for that pressure. And ultimately weather we are scoring enough points for the amount of good field position we are getting should fall on the halfbacks shoulders for me.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain433No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20205 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I actually thought our halves were a bit better on Sunday helping to build pressure with some excellent kicking. We now have a pack of forwards that is generally excellent defensively, but not one with the occasional exception of Tangata who looks really threatening close to the line. Unfortunately this has coincided with our 2 most potent attacking players in JWH and Ed Barber also becoming almost anonymous- especially in the case of Barber who now seems to being played as an extra 2nd row rather than a tradirional centre where he was devastating earlier in the season both scoring tries and setting up his winger. Seems contrary when we've just let Spinger go but we do need to bring in a more dynamic forward - while not the biggest I'd be delighted if we could get Hewitt back.

23 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
23 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

15.107421875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
just_browny
16m
Tonights match v HKR
just_browny
16m