JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
28995_1336988015.jpg
Christianity: because you're so awful you made God kill himself.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_28995.jpg

Seems Dally was bang on the money...

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10852No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
28995_1336988015.jpg
Christianity: because you're so awful you made God kill himself.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_28995.jpg

...feel dirty now.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12730
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Standee "just what we've come to expect from you'"

If there ever comes time you need a little advice on reaching mid-life, childless, but wishing to be a more rounded individual, then I'm here to help?

Him
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member14970No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2244_1299706258.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2244.jpg

Well, it doesn't take much to find out what some people are really like does it.

I'd love to know what Standee's version of survival of the fittest is, because in the truest sense of the term most of the people he thinks are unworthy of help or even survival would give him a damn good kicking.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member37704No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2051.jpg
The older I get, the better I was Advice is what we seek when we already know the answer - but wish we didn't I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full-frontal lobotomy ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ kirkstaller wrote: "All DNA shows is that we have a common creator." cod'ead wrote: "I have just snotted weissbier all over my keyboard & screen" ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ "No amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin." - Aneurin Bevan:2051.jpg

Quote: Him "Well, it doesn't take much to find out what some people are really like does it.

I'd love to know what Standee's version of survival of the fittest is, because in the truest sense of the term most of the people he thinks are unworthy of help or even survival would give him a damn good kicking.'"

Then eaten him

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman32466No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1122_1318449976.jpg
Someday everything is gonna be different, When I paint my masterpiece ------------------------------------------------------ [url=http://jerrychicken.wordpress.com/:k4m40udg]The Jerry Chicken Blog Page[/url:k4m40udg] ------------------------------------------------------ [url=http://www.artgallery.co.uk/artist/gary_kitchen_2:k4m40udg]BUY MY ART ONLINE AT ARTGALLERY.CO.UK[/url:k4m40udg] [url=https://theartonlinegallery.com/artist/garykitch/:k4m40udg]AT THE RIPPINGHAM GALLERY[/url:k4m40udg] .................................................................... [url=http://art-profiles.com/gary-kitchen/:k4m40udg]ART PROFILE[/url:k4m40udg] ................................................................... [url=http://twitter.com/GaryKitch:k4m40udg]On Twitter[/url:k4m40udg] ................................................................... [url=http://www.facebook.com/gary.kitchen2:k4m40udg]On Facebook[/url:k4m40udg] ...................................................................:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1122.jpg

Quote: Standee "different people have different motivation, if it wasn't for those that did seek wealth then who would emply the unambitious and poorly educated masses, TESCO, AMAZON, VODAFONE, VIRGIN, M&S where all born out of aspiration for wealth, and they employ a shed load of people. (granted successive governments have given them tax breaks, but again, what the f'k did Labour do about it?)

But hey, let's be fair and equal, we can all eat cabbage and water, nobody need strive to develop themselves, so long as we're all miserable then that is fair and equitable.'"

So you believe that I, through no longer striving for monetary wealth, am unambitious and miserable ?

I used to think like you, I was in a fortunate position to control my own income and other than my clients was beholden to no-one, I too thought that anyone who didn't want to earn the loads of cash that I was earning was somehow stupid and couldn't possibly be happy.

With age comes wisdom, I am not living in poverty, my income is above average, my house is in one of the more expensive areas of this city so its a bit hypocritic of me to say that money no longer interests me, but having been on the treadmill and now got off it and lost all of my paper wealth (it was never materially there), I now see that none of it was even remotely as important as I thought it was.

One day you too may be enlightened.

PS - here's the good bit, last Sunday I sat in a beachfront restaurant in the most expensive resort on The Algarve and I spent £50 on a sunday lunch which for me is outrageous - it was worth it though to see the faces of the extremeley wealthy turn up with their families without an appointment to be turned away hungry - there was me stuffing my face with clams and steak and there were the multi-millionaires and their spoiled brats stood with long faces on the pavement, hungry, and probably a little jealous too.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10852No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
28995_1336988015.jpg

I'd bet he was a difficult toddler.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2051.jpg
The older I get, the better I was Advice is what we seek when we already know the answer - but wish we didn't I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full-frontal lobotomy ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ kirkstaller wrote: "All DNA shows is that we have a common creator." cod'ead wrote: "I have just snotted weissbier all over my keyboard & screen" ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ "No amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin." - Aneurin Bevan:2051.jpg

Quote: Standee "no thanks, I'm quite happy to have confidence in my opinion, and not to be a bore like you.

I'll leave the usual sanctamonious prats to it, Sin Bin never changes, blah blah blah, anyone with a bit of cash should pay for me being useless, pay for my kids education and look after me, afterall, they were all born into it, none of them have earned it on merit.

sad, sad envious bunch of people.'"

Who paid for your education?

Have you always paid for all your own medical needs?

Did you pay for the roads that you drive on everyday?

RankPostsTeam
Moderator14395No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26.jpg
Last league derby at Central Park 5/9/1999: Wigan 28 St. Helens 20 Last league derby at Knowsley Road 2/4/2010: St. Helens 10 Wigan 18:26.jpg

Quote: Standee "
it's a sad reflection of british society, people would rather punish the successful than strive themselves.'"

You really are totally deluded about this. Society punishes people like Carr not because he is successful but because he avoids paying tax.

Society punishes people who it sees as greedy, not successful.

If Carr made three times as much as he did but didn't enter into tax avoidance schemes I think you would find no one would bat an eye.

One of the UK's most successful businessmen in recent years was the chap who founded Phones4u, John Caudwell. He began with £1350 and 26 Motorola mobile phones to sell. When sold up a few years back he was worth about a billion and a half. He stated no one ever needs more than £10m to fund an extremely comfortable lifestyle and so set about given the rest of his fortune to charity.

When he ran the company it remained private and the staff were awarded with high wages and good conditions. It made a few million a year profit which no doubt could have been much higher had he adopted the usual stock-market induced mantra of cutting staff costs and driving wages down. He chose not to do that and was content to be merely very well off rather than the next Philip Green.

Why would anyone be jealous of Caudwell? But people are furious with Philip Green because if his legal tax avoidance.

You need to understand the difference between the two types of people described here.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12730
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

It appears I've been sent a very angry pm for using someones first name. To the relevant poster, I sincerely apologise, Martin.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1122_1318449976.jpg
Someday everything is gonna be different, When I paint my masterpiece ------------------------------------------------------ [url=http://jerrychicken.wordpress.com/:k4m40udg]The Jerry Chicken Blog Page[/url:k4m40udg] ------------------------------------------------------ [url=http://www.artgallery.co.uk/artist/gary_kitchen_2:k4m40udg]BUY MY ART ONLINE AT ARTGALLERY.CO.UK[/url:k4m40udg] [url=https://theartonlinegallery.com/artist/garykitch/:k4m40udg]AT THE RIPPINGHAM GALLERY[/url:k4m40udg] .................................................................... [url=http://art-profiles.com/gary-kitchen/:k4m40udg]ART PROFILE[/url:k4m40udg] ................................................................... [url=http://twitter.com/GaryKitch:k4m40udg]On Twitter[/url:k4m40udg] ................................................................... [url=http://www.facebook.com/gary.kitchen2:k4m40udg]On Facebook[/url:k4m40udg] ...................................................................:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1122.jpg

Quote: DaveO "
Why would anyone be jealous of Caudwell? But people are furious with Philip Green because if his legal tax avoidance.

'"

I am certainly envious of him, I've seen him on TV and he seems like a very well rounded bloke apparently without the religious guilt that haunts a lot of people who suddenly want to give away their fortune under some belief that they can buy favours with a God - he just seems to be a caring person who knows when he is well off and then wants to help others.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22320No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23521.jpg
[quote="Tarquin Fuego":3e09qe5x] I love Jamie and have done since he was 10 years old. [/quote:3e09qe5x] [quote="The Reason":3e09qe5x]Hi Andy The Rugby Football League are in the process of reviewing the video that you are referring to. We do not condone behaviour of this nature and have contacted the player’s employer, Hull F.C., who have confirmed that they are dealing with the incident under their club rules.     Regards,   Matthew[/quote:3e09qe5x]:23521.jpg

Quote: WIZEB "We are getting close to Third Reich mentality now. Do you think you'd have been a more caring sharing individual if your sperm count hadn't been so low?'"

Godwins law, lock the thread! icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2051.jpg

Quote: McLaren_Field "So you believe that I, through no longer striving for monetary wealth, am unambitious and miserable ?

I used to think like you, I was in a fortunate position to control my own income and other than my clients was beholden to no-one, I too thought that anyone who didn't want to earn the loads of cash that I was earning was somehow stupid and couldn't possibly be happy.

With age comes wisdom, I am not living in poverty, my income is above average, my house is in one of the more expensive areas of this city so its a bit hypocritic of me to say that money no longer interests me, but having been on the treadmill and now got off it and lost all of my paper wealth (it was never materially there), I now see that none of it was even remotely as important as I thought it was.

One day you too may be enlightened.

PS - here's the good bit, last Sunday I sat in a beachfront restaurant in the most expensive resort on The Algarve and I spent £50 on a sunday lunch which for me is outrageous - it was worth it though to see the faces of the extremeley wealthy turn up with their families without an appointment to be turned away hungry - there was me stuffing my face with clams and steak and there were the multi-millionaires and their spoiled brats stood with long faces on the pavement, hungry, and probably a little jealous too.'"

I too lived similarly, I held senior management posts in companies and then worked for myself, often earning £500 per day as a consultant. When I decided to scale back, the worst part was convincing HMC&E (as was) that I was dev-VATing because I was no longer earning above the VAT threshold and didn't need all the aggro that went with it.

I'd spent more than enough time in airports, on aeroplanes and in other countries (business and pleasure), to last anyone more than one lifetime. I was ready to kick back and do just a little more than was required to get by. When I was a guest at Emma's brother's wedding, I sat next to her uncle who heads up the CPS for West Yorkshire. He & his wife were great people and when they asked me what I did, I replied "get pi[is[/ised and go fishing". His wife then asked what I did to be able to afford it and my reply was "just enough to get pi[is[/ised and go fishing". She then turned to her husband and asked him why he couldn't get a job like mine.

It's great knowing that my choice of holiday destination (South Devon) takes me less time to get there than I would require for checking in at an airport. I eat well, I dress in designer and Savile Row bespoke clothes, all bought from charity shops and bootsales.

Would I go back to what I was doing before? Would I bollox

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1122_1318449976.jpg

Quote: cod'ead " I eat well, I dress in designer and Savile Row bespoke clothes, all bought from charity shops and bootsales.

Would I go back to what I was doing before? Would I bollox'"

You know, I'm now adicted to charity shop shopping, mainly for "casual" shirts, last sunday I sat in that millionaires restaurant in a baggy cotton shift that looked just like the ones that all the millionaires around me were wearing - except that mine had cost me £3 in a British Heart Foundation shop in Otley, its my favourite shirt now.

I blame you.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2051.jpg

Anyway, back on topic(ish)

[iFrankie Boyle ‏@frankieboyle

If you're rich, don't look at it as tax avoidance, look at it as a Childrens hospital buying you a pool table[/i

173 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
173 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.89697265625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Leigh it is
muttywhitedo
5m
Must do better
ratticusfinc
18m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
19m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
20m
Film game
Wanderer
23m
Player of the Year is
Hessle Roade
54m
Todays match v Saints
Barbed Wire
Recent
Not going to lie
Captain Hook
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
chapylad
43s
Matt Moylan
leyther
46s
Rumours thread
Trojan Horse
54s
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Blackandwhit
58s
Other Championship Clubs
PopTart
1m
Todays match v Saints
Barbed Wire
1m
Staying or Not
RAPIDO
1m
Planning for next season
leyther
1m
Remember in 2017
MjM
1m
Player of the Year is
Hessle Roade
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
This years play off series
just_browny
TODAY
Leigh it is
muttywhitedo
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Play Off SF
FoxyRhino
TODAY
Must do better
ratticusfinc
TODAY
Warrington Wolves Break Saints Hearts With Golden Point Win
RLFANS News
TODAY
Todays match v Saints
Barbed Wire
TODAY
We are in good hands
God
TODAY
Josh Charnley
Vancouver Le
TODAY
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off Progress In Eliminating Salford
RLFANS News
TODAY
superleague plus
karetaker
TODAY
New Owners
orangeman
TODAY
Josh Rourke
PopTart
TODAY
2025 Membership prices
WYSIWYG2
TODAY
Doncaster home
Butcher
TODAY
Mike Cooper
morleys_deck
TODAY
Cooper Retiring with Immediate Effect
Moe syslak
TODAY
Matt Moylan
leyther
TODAY
Swinton A
Highlander
TODAY
Play Off Question
DannyT
TODAY
Whitehaven Away
faxcar
TODAY
Squad for Saints
just_browny
TODAY
Stewart Piper
Tatty Feeld
TODAY
Wigan win academy final
MattyB
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 3,113 80,12814,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
       Championship 2024-R28
15:00
Barrow
v
Widnes
Bradford
v
Swinton
Dewsbury
v
Sheffield
Wakefield
v
Doncaster
Whitehaven
v
Halifax
York
v
Featherstone
       League One 2024-R25
Rochdale
v
Hunslet
 Fri 4th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
20:00
Hull KR
v
Warrington
 Sat 5th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sun 6th Oct
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov 2024
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 4th Oct
SL
20:00
Hull KR-Warrington
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
Sun 22nd Sep
CH 27 Batley28-14Swinton
CH 27 Halifax14-10Bradford
CH 27 Swinton20-22Doncaster
L1 24 Hunslet18-14Midlands
L1 24 Keighley26-22Rochdale
WSL2024 15 LeedsW10-12York V
WSL2024 15 St.HelensW18-4WiganW
Sat 21st Sep
SL 27 Hull FC4-24Catalans
CH 27 Featherstone50-12Dewsbury
CH 27 Widnes12-18Toulouse
CH 27 Wakefield46-0Barrow
NRL 29 Sydney40-16Manly
Fri 20th Sep
SL 27 Hull KR26-16Leeds
SL 27 Leigh18-12St.Helens
SL 27 Warrington54-0LondonB
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 28 761 341 420 42
Hull KR 27 719 327 392 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 25 938 256 682 48
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 25 628 387 241 32
York 26 639 463 176 28
Featherstone 25 616 484 132 28
Sheffield 25 618 498 120 28

Widnes 25 525 451 74 27
Doncaster 25 492 547 -55 25
Halifax 25 489 627 -138 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22