FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > The Sin Bin > Andrew Mitchell MP - Meltdown ?
281 posts in 20 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1978No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2023Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22483_1351031655.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_22483.jpg

Quote: JerryChicken "rlhttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2210655/Andrew-Mitchell-CCTV-footage-calling-police-plebs-inconclusive.htmlrl You know what that is - carefully leaked political spin.

I've been around too long to swallow this as the only evidence that Cameron has been presented with, a distant 40 second shot with no audio that "experts" have been unable to decipher mouthed comments from.

Sorry, but that is Bull-droppings being carefully fed to a media who they want to bring back onside, if the event had been a terrorist attack then they'd have produced the real tapes, the HD ones that could be used as rushes for the next Hollywood blockbuster shot from several carefully located camera angles, camera positions that were picked by the experts that they employed to provide cctv to the home of the British Prime Minster.

FFS I could provide a video clip of the quality in that report just buy nipping down to Maplins and buying a £50 kit.

Cameron forced Mitchell to resign and he didn't do it on a complete lack of evidence, in the meantime the Met Police Commissioner who presumably has seen the real security video evidence seems to back his officers rlhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20771199rl'"

Give it up Jerry Chicken, he's been well and truly stitched up. I know you hate Tories but please show some common sense.

Look at this video....

www.channel4.com/news/plebgate-r ... eo-footage
Quote: JerryChicken "rlhttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2210655/Andrew-Mitchell-CCTV-footage-calling-police-plebs-inconclusive.htmlrl You know what that is - carefully leaked political spin.

I've been around too long to swallow this as the only evidence that Cameron has been presented with, a distant 40 second shot with no audio that "experts" have been unable to decipher mouthed comments from.

Sorry, but that is Bull-droppings being carefully fed to a media who they want to bring back onside, if the event had been a terrorist attack then they'd have produced the real tapes, the HD ones that could be used as rushes for the next Hollywood blockbuster shot from several carefully located camera angles, camera positions that were picked by the experts that they employed to provide cctv to the home of the British Prime Minster.

FFS I could provide a video clip of the quality in that report just buy nipping down to Maplins and buying a £50 kit.

Cameron forced Mitchell to resign and he didn't do it on a complete lack of evidence, in the meantime the Met Police Commissioner who presumably has seen the real security video evidence seems to back his officers rlhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20771199rl'"

Give it up Jerry Chicken, he's been well and truly stitched up. I know you hate Tories but please show some common sense.

Look at this video....

www.channel4.com/news/plebgate-r ... eo-footage

Him
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member14970No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2244_1299706258.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2244.jpg

Quote: Ajw71 "Give it up Jerry Chicken, he's been well and truly stitched up. I know you hate Tories but please show some common sense.

Look at this video....

Lol.

"there's nothing I have seen … that causes me to doubt that original account of the officers who were on duty at the time."
Met Police Commissioner

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1978No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2023Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22483_1351031655.jpg

Quote: Him "Lol.

"there's nothing I have seen … that causes me to doubt that original account of the officers who were on duty at the time."
Met Police Commissioner'"

icon_lol.gif

Like the crowds that were gathered outside the gates?

RankPostsTeam
International Star3605No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
67953_1341943970.jpg
Someday everything is gonna be different, when I paint my masterpiece ---------------------------------------------------------- [url=http://garykitchen.co.uk/:lnkxkae0]Online art gallery, selling original landscape artwork[/url:lnkxkae0] ---------------------------------------------------------- [url=http://jerrychicken.wordpress.com/:lnkxkae0]JerryChicken - The Blog[/url:lnkxkae0] ----------------------------------------------------------:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_67953.jpg

Quote: Ajw71 "Give it up Jerry Chicken, he's been well and truly stitched up. I know you hate Tories but please show some common sense.

Look at this video....

Seriously - those are the best videos that they have - thats the total extent of the video surveillance of the security gates on Downing Street ?

You have to be very gullible to believe that those three clips are the sum total of what was recorded that night, and that no audio was recorded, or if its true that those three badly located cameras REALLY ARE the sum total of surveillance on Downing Street then al qaeda must be plotting their next strike as we type, they won't even need face masks.

I'll repeat, a man who did not say the words that were attributed to him would not have resigned in the circumstances that he did - and lets not forget the fact that he used the "f" word against a police officer was not what caused his downfall, it was the words "pleb" and "moron" that he denied using for a month before resigning, two fairly inoccuous words in the grand scheme of things which, if he had not denied using them, would just have caused a ripple of laughter among his political collegues (they already called him "Thrasher" so knew he had a bit of a temper) and a couple of days p1ss take in the press, the police officer accepted his apology and that would have been that.

Fact was that he deined it for so long and then suddenly had his mind changed for him.

Somewhere there is proper cctv and audio recordings taken at ground level form the security office from several angles, this crappy "evidence" may as well be a cartoon, what we are seeing is a muddying of the waters in order to let him back into the room, in the same way that Labour did with Mandleson.

The sad thing is that they think we'll all swallow this guff, its amatuerish.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1978No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2023Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22483_1351031655.jpg

Quote: JerryChicken "

Somewhere there is proper cctv and audio recordings taken at ground level form the security office from several angles, this crappy "evidence" may as well be a cartoon, what we are seeing is a muddying of the waters in order to let him back into the room, in the same way that Labour did with Mandleson.

'"

Well he has called for a full enquiry, which you wouldn't do if you had things to hide.

Him
RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2244_1299706258.jpg

Quote: Ajw71 "
So have you seen something on the CCTV that proves the police log incorrect? Otherwise it's more irrelevant guff from an arrogant pillock attempting to worm his way back in to frontline politics, probably as some kind of revenge over those Tories who relished getting rid of him.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3605No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
67953_1341943970.jpg
Someday everything is gonna be different, when I paint my masterpiece ---------------------------------------------------------- [url=http://garykitchen.co.uk/:lnkxkae0]Online art gallery, selling original landscape artwork[/url:lnkxkae0] ---------------------------------------------------------- [url=http://jerrychicken.wordpress.com/:lnkxkae0]JerryChicken - The Blog[/url:lnkxkae0] ----------------------------------------------------------:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_67953.jpg

Quote: Ajw71 "Well he has called for a full enquiry, which you wouldn't do if you had things to hide.'"

Its a bluff, as is the police commissioners statement, one of them is wrong, the one who is correct will be the one who holds the actual evidence (not the bull-poop they've released to the press), or the one who controls the terms of any enquiry.

Don't forget, the Hillsborough enquiry held up a false premise just by denying evidence to the contrary.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman14845No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2021Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
143_1357419061.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_143.jpg

It's very difficult to guess what's going on here. I don't even think it's a simple as the apparent police v politician(s). What is for sure that what incidents like this show is that we are not really any wiser about such matters in our so called democracy with its so called free press as the folk of places like North Korea.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner17898
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7384_1394882426.png
[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/14252202:io879g1y]2005 Challenge Cup[/url:io879g1y] To reconcile respect with practicality, what is the optimum speed for a hearse?:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_7384.png

Quote: Ajw71 "CCTV footage has now appeared.

It has no audio and you can make your own mind up but Mitchell doesn't look like someone who lost their temper.'"

Even though he's admitted losing his temper?

rlhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20775071rl

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach40No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Mitchell resigned because the Police said he had said something and a member of the public witnessed it. Without that witness it's his word against the police (still not great press for an MP).

The CCTV suggests elements of the police log were not right.

Recordings suggest the Police federation had recolection issues with their Mitchell interview.

If it wasn't a tory toff, you'd be shouting about a fit up.

Him
RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2244_1299706258.jpg

Quote: Vince Noir "Mitchell resigned because the Police said he had said something and a member of the public witnessed it. Without that witness it's his word against the police (still not great press for an MP).

The CCTV suggests elements of the police log were not right.

Recordings suggest the Police federation had recolection issues with their Mitchell interview.

If it wasn't a tory toff, you'd be shouting about a fit up.'"

The CCTV doesn't prove or contradict anything. It shows Mitchell wheeling his bike through the gate while talking to a policeman. I'm at a loss to understand why this CCTV footage is thought to be so important. What did anyone expect to find out from CCTV with no sound?

Regardless of whether its an arrogant posh boy Tory toff or not, I'm still wondering why he's not charged with breaking Section 5 of the Public Order Act.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach40No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The log suggests that it was sometime before Mitchell left via the sidegate and a long (relative) discussion was had. The CCTV shows Mitchell got off the bike straight away and walked out.

The log says Mitchell refused several times to use the side gate. The CCTV suggests that didn't happen.

The log states there was a crowd outside the gate. The CCTV shows there wasn't.

Mitchell admits to saying 'I though you was supposed to ing helping us'.

The CCTV would suggest that there was no heated argument, no stand up row, etc, etc.

Him
RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2244_1299706258.jpg

Quote: Vince Noir "The log suggests that it was sometime before Mitchell left via the sidegate and a long (relative) discussion was had. The CCTV shows Mitchell got off the bike straight away and walked out. '"

No it doesn't. The log states"Whilst on duty at *** tonight (Wed 19th Sept) on a 1400-2200 hrs between the hours of 1800-2000 I had to deal with a man claiming to be the chief whip and who I later confirmed to be such and a Mr Andrew MITCHELL.

Mr Mitchell was speaking to PC ******** demanding exit through the main vehicle gate into Whitehall. PC ******** explained to Mr MITCHELL that the policy was for pedal cycles to use the side pedestrian exit. Mr MITCHELL refused, stating he was the chief whip and he always used the main gates.

I explained to Mr MITCHELL that the policy was to use the side pedestrian gates and that I was happy to open those for him, but that no officer present would be opening the main gates as this was the policy we were directed to follow.

Mr MITCHELL refused. Repeatedly reiterating he was the chief whip. My exact explanation to Mr MITCHELL was "I am more than happy to open the side pedestrian gate for you Sir, but it is policy that we are not to allow cycles through the main vehicle entrance".

After several refusals Mr MITCHELL got off his bike and walked to the pedestrian gate with me after I again offered to open that for him." [/i

Note the last sentence. "AFTER several refusals Mr Mitchell got off his bike". The CCTV only starts at the point he gets off his bike, we can't see the period before that. It also doesn't state he walked straight out, it says he headed to the gate.

Quote: Vince Noir "The log says Mitchell refused several times to use the side gate. The CCTV suggests that didn't happen. '"

Yes the log does say that but that is not contradicted by the CCTV since the CCTV only shows things after the point he gets off his bike.

Quote: Vince Noir "The log states there was a crowd outside the gate. The CCTV shows there wasn't. '"

No it doesn't. The log states"There were several members of public present as is the norm opposite the pedestrian gate and as we neared it, Mr MITCHELL said
Which is backed up by the CCTV as several people can be seen outside the gate and some look in the direction of Mitchell.

Quote: Vince Noir "Mitchell admits to saying 'I though you was supposed to loving helping us'.'"

The police log does not back this up.

Quote: Vince Noir "The CCTV would suggest that there was no heated argument, no stand up row, etc, etc.'"

The CCTV shows Mitchell roughly hauling his bike toward the gate while saying things to the police officer which attracted the attention of passers by. It does not show anything prior to him getting off his bike.

The CCTV does not contradict anything in the police log.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner4195No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021Apr 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

From what I am hearing on the radio / reading in the press, the whole thing was supposed to have been witnessed by a diplomatic protection officer who gave a statement.

It has now transpired that this person was not even at the scene and their statement was a pile of lies. They have been arrested for perverting the course of justice, or something to that effect.

So, if a copper who wasn't even there can claim he was, I don't think it would be too difficult for one who was there to attribute something to Mitchell that was never even said.

Either way, the police's version of events has lost all credibility.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator36786
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024May 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6505_1460484023.jpg
[i:10za56ci]Hold on to me baby, his bony hands will do you no harm It said in the cards, we lost our souls to the Nameless One[/i:10za56ci]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6505.jpg

Odd that it's taken three months to come up with a short CCTV clip that proves nothing either way, don't you think? Even odder that this is apparently the first time Mitchell has seen any CCTV at all. Convenient that it has no sound and fails to cover a crucial part of the confrontation.

I call shenanigans.

281 posts in 20 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
281 posts in 20 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.67919921875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Jake the Peg
15m
Season tickets
Faxlore
20m
Leigh it is
moto748
21m
Film game
Boss Hog
25m
Championship Awards
Butcher
27m
Best Semi
Wires71
39m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Emagdnim13
47m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
Recent
2025 membership/renewals
BP1
Recent
Call for funds
the fax in a
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Squad for HKR
Lord Tony Sm
1m
Man of Steel
matt_wire
1m
Leigh it is
moto748
1m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
1m
Shopping list for 2025
UllFC
2m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
2m
Proposed rule changes 2025
leeds owl
2m
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Deeeekos
2m
Planning for next season
Jack Gaskell
2m
Call for funds
the fax in a
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Championship Awards
Butcher
TODAY
Season tickets
Faxlore
TODAY
Best Semi
Wires71
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Deeeekos
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
Kick and cha
TODAY
Squad for HKR
Lord Tony Sm
TODAY
Proposed rule changes 2025
leeds owl
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Wigan Bull
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
Khlav Kalash
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Kevin Turvey
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
Douglas Blac
TODAY
2025 Squad
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
2024 Season Review
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
McNamara interview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
French Elite 1 season 2024/2025 Thread
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Butcher
TODAY
2025 membership/renewals
BP1
TODAY
Hull FC ladies
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Kai
Cokey
TODAY
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
moxi1
TODAY
Wakefield v Dons - Sunday 29 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
The play-offs
Ckt2487
TODAY
This years play off series
matt_wire
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 3,040 ↑16780,12914,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
20:00
Hull KR
v
Warrington
 TOMORROW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sun 6th Oct
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       Championship 2024-R29
15:00
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
       League One 2024-R26
Keighley
v
Hunslet
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 4th Oct
SL
20:00
Hull KR-Warrington
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 28 761 341 420 42
Hull KR 27 719 327 392 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22