JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50733_1530270912.jpg
[color=#000000:ogl9gbum]"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."[/color:ogl9gbum]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50733.jpg

Quote: TURFEDOUT "Angela Raynor today asking what support for people returning from France that will have to be quarantined,typical Labour,lets give them a handout - then start moaning when it has to be recouped somehow.'"

Anyone taking a holiday abroad during a global pandemic should suffer the consequences of their actions, I'm afraid. They had pre-warning with the quarantine measures for returning from Spain the other week. France avoided being added to the list but it was only a matter of time.

While we're on the subject of France and stupidity. Here's a beauty from the other side of the political spectrum.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/polit ... nts/13/08/
Quote: TURFEDOUT "Angela Raynor today asking what support for people returning from France that will have to be quarantined,typical Labour,lets give them a handout - then start moaning when it has to be recouped somehow.'"

Anyone taking a holiday abroad during a global pandemic should suffer the consequences of their actions, I'm afraid. They had pre-warning with the quarantine measures for returning from Spain the other week. France avoided being added to the list but it was only a matter of time.

While we're on the subject of France and stupidity. Here's a beauty from the other side of the political spectrum.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/polit ... nts/13/08/

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2990
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: King Street Cat "Anyone taking a holiday abroad during a global pandemic should suffer the consequences of their actions, I'm afraid. They had pre-warning with the quarantine measures for returning from Spain the other week. France avoided being added to the list but it was only a matter of time.

https'"

icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

Yep,theres one i think we can all agree on - what an absolute t1t.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: TURFEDOUT "What do you mean by rewarded - Pay increases ?
How much of a reward would be acceptable ?
Would it be an acceptable reward that they still have a job when thousands won't ?
What about private sector that have worked through the pandemic ?
Not sure the greatest strategy of paying down a debt is to start by dishing out rewards (pay increases).
What do you class as wealthiest ?Taxation is already geared to higher income earners paying more,how much would you like to see them pay?

I think its inevitable the triple lock will have to be broken,there will have to be public sector pay freezes.
Inevitable there will be tax hikes.
Circa £330bn needs to be recouped,no government could have anticipated this.
The government could have not been as generous with the furlough scheme,they could not have been as generous with the self employed element of furlough scheme and reduced the expected debt.Unfortunately it was a lose lose scenario for any government what ever the party.
Everyone will have to carry some of the burden.Again not sure what you class as wealthy,but i would increase taxation to 50% for income above £150k,unfortunately this only drags around 300 -350 thousand people into the increase.Would also bring in a new banding of £100k - £150k of 45%
But what we can't do is willy nilly go around giving pay increases because people did their job through the pandemic,however admirable what they have done.
Labour seem fantastic at rolling out criticism of everything,Angela Raynor today asking what support for people returning from France that will have to be quarantined,typical Labour,lets give them a handout - then start moaning when it has to be recouped somehow.'"

One thing that we seem to agree on is people getting "stuck" abroad and/or having to quarantine upon their return.
At this point, it should be made clear to ANYONE travelling abroad is that, in respect of Covid, they do so at their own risk.
For me, people shouldn't be travelling abroad at all currently.
Even though cases may be slowing in the UK, there is a serious and growing pandemic around the world and if "we" cant/dont prevent people travelling, the very minimum should be that additional costs borne by holidaymakers, due to lock down and other virus consequences, should have to pay any additional costs and not expect to simply return to work without consequences.

We would all love to fly abroad and catch a few rays but, doing so at the moment will simply perpetuate the spread of the virus, or worse.

There are politics going on here, rather then protecting the population.

Getting back to NHS front line staff in particular,regardless of the state of the public purse, of course their should be some monetary reward for their efforts during this crisis.and all those that liked to clap on a Thursday evening should be very pleased to contribute, unless, of course,, it was yet more cheap words and deeds, all the way down from the PM.

To suggest that their reward is to still have a job when others may be losing theirs seems just a little bit grubby.
When Johnson talks about a debt of thanks, a bit of clapping on Thursday doesn't really cut it, especially on the back of a 10 year pay freeze that the Tories had already imposed.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2990
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: wrencat1873 "One thing that we seem to agree on is people getting "stuck" abroad and/or having to quarantine upon their return.
At this point, it should be made clear to ANYONE travelling abroad is that, in respect of Covid, they do so at their own risk.
For me, people shouldn't be travelling abroad at all currently.
Even though cases may be slowing in the UK, there is a serious and growing pandemic around the world and if "we" cant/dont prevent people travelling, the very minimum should be that additional costs borne by holidaymakers, due to lock down and other virus consequences, should have to pay any additional costs and not expect to simply return to work without consequences.

We would all love to fly abroad and catch a few rays but, doing so at the moment will simply perpetuate the spread of the virus, or worse.

There are politics going on here, rather then protecting the population.

Getting back to NHS front line staff in particular,regardless of the state of the public purse, of course their should be some monetary reward for their efforts during this crisis.and all those that liked to clap on a Thursday evening should be very pleased to contribute, unless, of course,, it was yet more cheap words and deeds, all the way down from the PM.

To suggest that their reward is to still have a job when others may be losing theirs seems just a little bit grubby.
When Johnson talks about a debt of thanks, a bit of clapping on Thursday doesn't really cut it, especially on the back of a 10 year pay freeze that the Tories had already imposed.'"

As you say we agree on people travelling abroad.

No intention to sound grubby,so i will have another go.
I don't think any pay rise for NHS front line workers should be linked to their performance through a pandemic.
I just don't see how you can justify singling out one public sector should be given a financial reward for doing their job through the crisis.Imagine our armed forces are embroiled in a long running military conflict - when its finished,should we award them a pay rise to thank them for their efforts ?
Now,I'm not saying we pay our NHS staff well enough,i don't think we do.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1242No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021May 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Rlfans - the most toxic rugby league forum in the world:

Quote: IR80 "do you ever stop?

Where was the morality in Labour hating Jews, illegal wars, selling gold reserves at a record low, crippling industry by backing the backdated unions, encouraging mass immigration, cosying up to hezbullah?

Do some research.'"

This this and this a million times over. All these labour supporters on here are just embarassing. Their party heroes are literally child abusing, racist war mongering, expense fiddling whoppers yet according to them. Are Salt of the earth

That’s why you lost by the biggest margin ever. Because you are embarassing

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman18060No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Quote: King Street Cat "Our schools closed initially, then reopened for vulnerable and key worker kids as soon as they could. Support/admin staff worked from home, and teachers were on a rota between coming in to teach and running online lessons from home. It's not perfect, but our trust's online lessons and resources are incredible for the time in which they were implemented, all by the current members of teaching and support staff. There was even an online national academy set up during lockdown to help further deliver online education. Obviously, it relies on devices and Internet access. Our trust have been able to provide laptops to most underprivileged kids, and a certain ex leader of a certain political party was laughed at for offering free broadband for all.

We had a self-isolation list set up beforehand for anyone with symptoms. I don't know how many staff have had it. I do know that one of our schools in the North have had 40 kids affected by family Covid deaths.

I'm just constantly amazed at people who have no idea what's gone into keeping kids educated and motivated throughout this pandemic, and who just spout the Daily Mail comments section outrage to perpetuate toxic, misguided divisions. If people actually educated themselves about the situation, they'd realise that teachers haven't just been sat at home twiddling their thumbs, waiting for A Place in the Sun to start, so they can get inspiration for their retirement home for all that lovely money they steal from the public purse.'"

Let's get back to A levels - how difficult would it have been to allow these kids to take these exams - not really - papers were already written - plenty of space to allow for social distancing - plenty of teachers with time on their hands. Sadly not the will on the part of the teachers - they should hang their head in shame.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2215No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2020Aug 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Sal Paradise "Let's get back to A levels - how difficult would it have been to allow these kids to take these exams - not really - papers were already written - plenty of space to allow for social distancing - plenty of teachers with time on their hands. Sadly not the will on the part of the teachers - they should hang their head in shame.'"

As I recall, when I did my A levels it was in a gym with small desks pretty much 1m apart, with a teacher wandering around generally doing f'k all. In fact, most of my education involved reading books written by someone else whilst the teacher generally did f'k all except tell us which page to start from and then hand out questions, written by someone else and recycled over the years.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4647
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50733_1530270912.jpg
[color=#000000:ogl9gbum]"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."[/color:ogl9gbum]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50733.jpg

Quote: IR80 "As I recall, when I did my A levels it was in a gym with small desks pretty much 1m apart, with a teacher wandering around generally doing f'k all. In fact, most of my education involved reading books written by someone else whilst the teacher generally did f'k all except tell us which page to start from and then hand out questions, written by someone else and recycled over the years.'"

What did you want them to do in your exams? Tell you the answers? Write them on the paper for you?

State education needs fully bringing up to the 21st century. It has improved massively, but there are still areas where kids are still learning the same useless rubbish I was learning over 25 years ago. We were on the cusp of the information age and we were being prepared for work in coal mines, power stations and on spinning jennies as if the industrial revolution was in full swing! It's only when I went to college that I really started learning.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4647
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50733_1530270912.jpg

Quote: Sal Paradise "Let's get back to A levels - how difficult would it have been to allow these kids to take these exams - not really - papers were already written - plenty of space to allow for social distancing - plenty of teachers with time on their hands. Sadly not the will on the part of the teachers - they should hang their head in shame.'"

Who made the decision to cancel the exams? I'm pretty certain the teachers in our trust would have facilitated the A Level exams if allowed to. I think you believe teachers actually have more power then they do. Where are you getting all these 'teachers are to blame' attack lines from?

[iGavin Williamson, Education Secretary, said cancelling SATs, GCSEs, A levels and AS levels would "save people's lives".[/i

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Quote: King Street Cat "Who made the decision to cancel the exams? I'm pretty certain the teachers in our trust would have facilitated the A Level exams if allowed to. I think you believe teachers actually have more power then they do. Where are you getting all these 'teachers are to blame' attack lines from?

[iGavin Williamson, Education Secretary, said cancelling SATs, GCSEs, A levels and AS levels would "save people's lives".[/i'"

I think if the teaching unions who are the ones with the grunt had said "let's get the A Levels done" they would have happened but sadly the teaching unions seem to want to put any obstacle in the way of teachers returning to normality.

To say the unions have no power doesn't represent the true situation

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4647
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50733_1530270912.jpg

Quote: Sal Paradise "I think if the teaching unions who are the ones with the grunt had said "let's get the A Levels done" they would have happened but sadly the teaching unions seem to want to put any obstacle in the way of teachers returning to normality.

To say the unions have no power doesn't represent the true situation'"

Hang on a minute. You're always telling us that unions have too much power and need reigning in. Now you're telling us that the unions should flex their power to get schools open. Make your mind up.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman14845No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2021Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
143_1357419061.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_143.jpg

Quote: Sal Paradise "Suggestions are that spread of Covid in schools around the world is minimal - suggest teachers and their unions just get back to doing the job they are paid for. Stop their money if they don't want to return - let's see how many stick it out?'"

Really? South Korean evidence showed the opposite and that 12-13 yea4 old were the biggest spreaders.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman14845No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2021Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
143_1357419061.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_143.jpg

I will make a prediction - if schools reopen on a ‘business as usual’ basis the infection rate nationally will increase significantly. I made a prediction in writing back in March that the UK would have one of the highest death rates and the most affected economies in the developed world, which have this far proved correct. It was blatantly obvious then that our inept government was ignoring evidence from around the world, as they still are.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: King Street Cat "Hang on a minute. You're always telling us that unions have too much power and need reigning in. Now you're telling us that the unions should flex their power to get schools open. Make your mind up.'"

The reason the exams didn't take place was in part due to union pressure. The unions have issued a 200 point - yes 200 - document that unless everyone of these 200 - yes 200 points are not adopted they will stop their members returning to work. Yes their power needs reigning in even Stevie Wonder can see their objectives - get Williamson out.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Dally "I will make a prediction - if schools reopen on a ‘business as usual’ basis the infection rate nationally will increase significantly. I made a prediction in writing back in March that the UK would have one of the highest death rates and the most affected economies in the developed world, which have this far proved correct. It was blatantly obvious then that our inept government was ignoring evidence from around the world, as they still are.'"

Nostradamus speaks - we have a very densely populated country with a service based economy - you remove the people then the service sector is going to suffer - it doesn't take a highly attuned mind to predict what will happen

So do we wait for a vaccine for the kids to go back to school?

118 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
118 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

1.86328125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
Vancouver Le
Recent
Seeking favourite images from grounds - past or present
retrosports
Recent
Questions for Ste Mills
Jacko1500mm
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
TV games not Wire
Cherry_Warri
42s
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Emagdnim13
57s
Questions for Ste Mills
Jacko1500mm
59s
Season tickets
Ilkley Fax
1m
Betting 2024
karetaker
1m
Sam Burgess
morleys_deck
2m
Leigh it is
moto748
2m
Tonights match v HKR
Or thane
3m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
3m
Grand final Tickets
NickyKiss
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Seeking favourite images from grounds - past or present
retrosports
TODAY
Grand final Tickets
NickyKiss
TODAY
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
RLFANS News
TODAY
Refs referring it to video as a try or not
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Questions for Ste Mills
Jacko1500mm
TODAY
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
TODAY
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
morleys_deck
TODAY
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
Tony Fax
TODAY
Sam Burgess
morleys_deck
TODAY
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fightback To Secure Grand Final Spot
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
Or thane
TODAY
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
TODAY
2024 IMG gradings
Victor
TODAY
Championship Awards
FIL
TODAY
Season tickets
Ilkley Fax
TODAY
Best Semi
sir adrian m
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
AgbriggAmble
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Gran..
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M 3,016 ↑12380,13214,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       Championship 2024-R29
15:00
Bradford
v
Featherstone
       League One 2024-R26
Keighley
v
Hunslet
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sat 12th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R30
18:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sat 12th Oct
SL
18:00
Hull KR-Wigan
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 5th Oct
CH 29 York27-10Widnes
SL 29 Wigan38-0Leigh
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 28 759 336 423 46
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 29 580 442 138 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 28 682 479 203 32
Widnes 27 561 502 59 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22