FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > The Sin Bin > Ding Dong the wicked witch is dead...
1031 posts in 70 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: Knuckles "Isn't the Internet interesting. You get to say things to complete strangers you'd never have the guts to say if you met them face to face.
Kind of a charter for the gutless.'"

You also get to make things up and pretend you are something you aren’t.

Like a wounded ex-serviceman with a husband. It’s a weird thing to pretend but you can do it on the internet. You can even respond with faux-indignation when you get caught out pretending, again it’s a weird thing to do, but as you are proving, you can do it on the internet.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner6722No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2015Mar 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

The Communist Cap - dragging down success and aspiration to the levels of those who cba.:

Quote: Dead Man Walking "To burst your bubble regarding the demise of the Soviet Union........nothing to do with that old hag in the slightest. It was Mikhail Sergeyvich Gorbachev who dismantled the Soviet Union - do read up on your history and stop giving credit to that excuse for a woman
Nothing wrong with my historical knowledge, but apparently there is with yours.

But hey, don't take my word for it, read up on Gorbachev's views of MT, and why he thinks she helped to end the Cold War.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3605No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
67953_1341943970.jpg
Someday everything is gonna be different, when I paint my masterpiece ---------------------------------------------------------- [url=http://garykitchen.co.uk/:lnkxkae0]Online art gallery, selling original landscape artwork[/url:lnkxkae0] ---------------------------------------------------------- [url=http://jerrychicken.wordpress.com/:lnkxkae0]JerryChicken - The Blog[/url:lnkxkae0] ----------------------------------------------------------:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_67953.jpg

Quote: WIZEB "They are going to install the same high-tec security cameras, the same type they use at Downing Street, along the route the cortege will travel.
Any troublemakers will be monitored and efficiently dealt with.'"

Thats a relief then.

It'll be like watching that shaky B&W film of Archduke Franz Ferdinand being assassinated, but without the focus.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12734
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: JerryChicken "

It'll be like watching that shaky B&W film of Archduke Franz Ferdinand being assassinated, but without the focus.'"

Technology has moved on don't you know?
Haven't you seen the Abraham Zapruder footage of the grassy knowl? icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star3605No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
67953_1341943970.jpg
Someday everything is gonna be different, when I paint my masterpiece ---------------------------------------------------------- [url=http://garykitchen.co.uk/:lnkxkae0]Online art gallery, selling original landscape artwork[/url:lnkxkae0] ---------------------------------------------------------- [url=http://jerrychicken.wordpress.com/:lnkxkae0]JerryChicken - The Blog[/url:lnkxkae0] ----------------------------------------------------------:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_67953.jpg

I'm still available to observe the crowds and do rapid multiple sketches of trouble makers so that they can collate a series of drawings together in court and flip the pages quickly to give a "walking man" effect.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12734
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Jusr thinking actually. eusa_think.gif

Wonder if I should have told Kenneth Baker; Thatcher's Home Secretary, that I'd been on a few picket lines in the previous decade, when I had a cosy chat with him in '91.

Might have been a conversation killer.
Bloody right I would if I had my time again. icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member47951No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2017Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1977_1349889235.jpg
"You are working for Satan." [i:2886spie]Kirkstaller[/i:2886spie] "Dare to know!" [i:2886spie]Immanuel Kant[/i:2886spie] "Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive" [i:2886spie]Elbert Hubbard[/i:2886spie] "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." [i:2886spie]Oscar Wilde[/i:2886spie] [url=http://thevoluptuousmanifesto.blogspot.co.uk:2886spie][color=#4000FF:2886spie]The Voluptuous Manifesto[/color:2886spie][/url:2886spie] – thoughts on all sorts of stuff.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1977.jpg

Quote: Knuckles "Isn't the Internet interesting. You get to say things to complete strangers you'd never have the guts to say if you met them face to face.
Kind of a charter for the gutless.'"

Says someone who hides behind a netnick, with no avatar that reveals anything of the real them etc.

Honestly, child, if you're going to make comments like that, try not to leave yourself so open to accusations of such total stupidity.

Oh – and 'the internet' is not a proper noun. HTH.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach20628
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44480_1390845286.jpg
It's been fun.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44480.jpg

My avatar reveals that i'm a staunch supporter of women's rugby league

and i'm sticking to that story

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16170No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40218_1286737075.jpg
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. (Winston Churchill):d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40218.jpg

Quote: Mintball "Oh – and 'the internet' is not a proper noun. HTH.'"

It is, actually.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13190No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

'when my life is over, the thing which will have given me greatest pride is that I was first to plunge into the sea, swimming freely underwater without any connection to the terrestrial world' Yves Le Prieur, the real inventor of the aqualung:

Quote: Horatio Yed "My avatar reveals that i'm a staunch supporter of women's rugby league

and i'm sticking to that story'"

Mine shows I cannot fathom out how to reduce a file size of a picture to stick it on icon_rolleyes.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member37704No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2051.jpg
The older I get, the better I was Advice is what we seek when we already know the answer - but wish we didn't I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full-frontal lobotomy ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ kirkstaller wrote: "All DNA shows is that we have a common creator." cod'ead wrote: "I have just snotted weissbier all over my keyboard & screen" ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ "No amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin." - Aneurin Bevan:2051.jpg

rlChicago Tribune columnist obviously hasn't seen Spitting Imagerl

[i"Following her election in 1979, the story goes that Thatcher took her all-male cabinet out to dinner. The waiter asked what she would like. "I'll have the beef," she said. The waiter asked, "What about the vegetables?" "They'll have the same," Thatcher replied."[/i

RankPostsTeam
Moderator14395No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26.jpg
Last league derby at Central Park 5/9/1999: Wigan 28 St. Helens 20 Last league derby at Knowsley Road 2/4/2010: St. Helens 10 Wigan 18:26.jpg

Quote: Saddened! "A lot of really hypocritical people on this thread. The kind that jump all over any kind of disrespect for the dead suddenly all over this as if they've won the lottery.'"

Well I have been away in Edinburgh for a few days and I get back to a 72 page thread on this topic. Hardly a surprise and I aint going to read all 72 pages but I have spotted your comment and can't resist not replying.

In response to the above the charge of hypocrisy only sticks if those rather pleased at her passing hadn't posted they couldn't wait for it in the first place. Whether you agree or not I am pretty certain several of the most vociferous aren't being in the least bit hypocritical.

As a general point I am quite glad there are plenty of dissenting voices who's opinions will prevent her death and funeral being portrayed in such a way that it looks to the rest of the world she is perceived as some kind of heroine to the majority of the UK population.

Quote: Saddened! "Thatcher as a politician you may not agree with, but FFS she was voted into power and she did a lot less damage to this country than the previous Labour governments '"

Rubbish! You can trace most of the major problems we face today directly back to her policies or what she set in motion. From banking crash (deregulation) to the housing benefit bill (consequence of the sale of council houses) it is not hard to see where these particular total cock ups originated. There are plenty more where the unfettered brand of capitalism she favoured has done far more harm than good compared to the One Nation Conservatives that preceded her.

If you want to blame Labour for anything blame them for not rescinding what they could such as the rule preventing councils from reinvesting the proceeds of council houses in new builds but the blame for the mess we are into today lays in no small part at her feet.

and I don't see the lines of people on here counting down the days till the deaths of Blair and Brown.'"
]

RankPostsTeam
Moderator14395No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26.jpg
Last league derby at Central Park 5/9/1999: Wigan 28 St. Helens 20 Last league derby at Knowsley Road 2/4/2010: St. Helens 10 Wigan 18:26.jpg

Quote: Mintball "
I think that the arrangements for the funeral are, frankly, the biggest show of arrogance and contempt for many of the people of this country that can be imagined.

To take a figure who, whatever side of the debate you were/are on is generally agreed to have been the most divisive PM in the country for a century and more, and announce that you will have a funeral that is only one step down from a full state one, the first former PM since Churchill to receive such an honour, is quite astonishing.'"

I quite agree. The idea she warrants such an affair [iis[/i astonishing. It puts her on a pedestal with Churchill himself and while if you examine his politics outside of his war leadership time there is plenty to disagree with I am sure there were very few in the UK at the time of his death who would have complained at his funeral arrangements.

Quote: Mintball "And it is precisely the same attitude that saw Cameron decide that Parliament had to be recalled, at taxpayer expense, to allow hours of fawning, when it could have waited until Monday's return from the recess.

Apparently the Speaker was opposed to it but Labour backed it on the basis of feeling backed into a corner and terrified of being see to be disrespectful.
'"

The should have simply agreed with the Speaker and made it clear that was the case.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3605No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
67953_1341943970.jpg

Quote: DaveO "
As a general point I am quite glad there are plenty of dissenting voices who's opinions will prevent her death and funeral being portrayed in such a way that it looks to the rest of the world she is perceived as some kind of heroine to the majority of the UK population.

'"

Thats actually quite an important point, despite what a compliant written media would like us to think the eyes of the rest of the world won't be on Thatchers funeral on Wednesday but they will tag two or three minutes onto their news programs at some point during their day and as I've already mentioned, opposition to the funeral and the person is the element that they will focus on, if and when it happens - the UK iTunes campaign is one peaceful measure of protest, meaningless to most, offensive only to those who are told to be offended by a compliant written media, and yet its being reported upon, its achieved its objective.

On a wider point the freedom and ease by which protests can be quickly organised mainly via the internet is something that many in government still find hard to understand, I have an MP who responds to emails very quickly and who tweets every minute of his waking day, I can tell you what he's doing this morning if you want me to, and yet how many others do, how many people on here for instance would know how to contact their MP via social media or email ?

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member37704No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2051.jpg
The older I get, the better I was Advice is what we seek when we already know the answer - but wish we didn't I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full-frontal lobotomy ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ kirkstaller wrote: "All DNA shows is that we have a common creator." cod'ead wrote: "I have just snotted weissbier all over my keyboard & screen" ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ "No amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin." - Aneurin Bevan:2051.jpg

Quote: JerryChicken " its achieved its objective.

'"

tut tut. grammar Timothy

1031 posts in 70 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
1031 posts in 70 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

15.5859375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Transfer Talk V5
RAPIDO
3m
OUT 2025 Leon Ruan - Released
Ex-Swarcliff
4m