JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2051.jpg
The older I get, the better I was Advice is what we seek when we already know the answer - but wish we didn't I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full-frontal lobotomy ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ kirkstaller wrote: "All DNA shows is that we have a common creator." cod'ead wrote: "I have just snotted weissbier all over my keyboard & screen" ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ "No amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin." - Aneurin Bevan:2051.jpg

Between HMRC and DWP, there should be enough information to determine just how much Working Tax Credit has been paid to employees. This amount should be repaid to the exchequer, by the relevant employers before any shareholder dividends or director bonuses are awarded.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3605No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
67953_1341943970.jpg
Someday everything is gonna be different, when I paint my masterpiece ---------------------------------------------------------- [url=http://garykitchen.co.uk/:lnkxkae0]Online art gallery, selling original landscape artwork[/url:lnkxkae0] ---------------------------------------------------------- [url=http://jerrychicken.wordpress.com/:lnkxkae0]JerryChicken - The Blog[/url:lnkxkae0] ----------------------------------------------------------:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_67953.jpg

Quote: Lord God Jose Mourinho "You didn't actually read the article before posting that, did you?'"

Yep, I did, and as you'd expect the newspaper doesn't tell the whole story.

I happen to know the agency that provides ad-hoc labour to Next, I've actually been to that site, I know how the agencies work and I know how they recruit their employees.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member37704No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2051.jpg
The older I get, the better I was Advice is what we seek when we already know the answer - but wish we didn't I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full-frontal lobotomy ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ kirkstaller wrote: "All DNA shows is that we have a common creator." cod'ead wrote: "I have just snotted weissbier all over my keyboard & screen" ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ "No amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin." - Aneurin Bevan:2051.jpg

Quote: JerryChicken "coming off out of work benefits/unemployment register will be too much bother.'"

This being a major problem with the acceptance of any casual work

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman26578
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1408_1377158863.jpg
[url=http://tinyurl.com/xmaschoccy:3awnsnxa][img:3awnsnxa]http://imgur.com/dR3Vl.gif[/img:3awnsnxa][/url:3awnsnxa] [b:3awnsnxa][url=http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?type=3&campid=5335822080&toolid=10001&customid=sitcforum&ext=rugby+league&satitle=rugby+league:3awnsnxa]ebay's Rugby League Bargains[/url:3awnsnxa][/b:3awnsnxa] ¦ [b:3awnsnxa][url=http://pepperkorn.shauctions.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=CAP1:3awnsnxa]Boost Your eBay Sales[/url:3awnsnxa][/b:3awnsnxa] ¦ [b:3awnsnxa][url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search?ie=UTF8&keywords=%26%2334%3Brugby%20league%26%2334%3B&tag=newrugbyleaguestore-21&index=blended&linkCode=ur2&camp=1634&creative=6738:3awnsnxa]Recommended Amazon Stuff[/url:3awnsnxa][/b:3awnsnxa] ¦ [b:3awnsnxa][url=http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2143305-10444737:3awnsnxa]Get a Free Ink Cart!!![/url:3awnsnxa][/b:3awnsnxa] ¦ [b:3awnsnxa][url=http://tinyurl.com/yettlvv:3awnsnxa]Quins RL T-Shirts, BRAND NEW DESIGNS[/url:3awnsnxa][/b:3awnsnxa]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1408.jpg

Quote: cod'ead "This being a major problem with the acceptance of any casual work'"

And has been an issue for at least 35 years that I know of.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman18060No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Quote: cod'ead "Between HMRC and DWP, there should be enough information to determine just how much Working Tax Credit has been paid to employees. This amount should be repaid to the exchequer, by the relevant employers before any shareholder dividends or director bonuses are awarded.'"

Surely you cannot expect the company to be adversely affected by the size/circumstances of an employees family and the size of the tax credits they receive? A job is worth an amount of money e.g. living wage as a minimum you surely don't expect a firm to pay a single person the living wage and a family man twice that amount for the same job?

The amount of corporation tax the company pays would be reduced through lower profits.

Should the employer also have to pay the employers NI on this additional figure too?

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2051.jpg

Quote: Sal Paradise "Surely you cannot expect the company to be adversely affected by the size/circumstances of an employees family and the size of the tax credits they receive? A job is worth an amount of money e.g. living wage as a minimum you surely don't expect a firm to pay a single person the living wage and a family man twice that amount for the same job?

The amount of corporation tax the company pays would be reduced through lower profits.

Should the employer also have to pay the employers NI on this additional figure too?'"

No, I expect employers to pay a wage that doesn't require any taxpayer-funded subsidy. Just remember, an employer who hands over a wage packet that is based on NMW is in reality saying: "I'd love to pay you less but the law won't allow me"

Similarly, I expect landlords to charge rents that don't require the taxpayer to subsidise them too

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2471No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2019May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[url=http://www.TopCashBack.co.uk/ref/enicomb:280mm7qy][img:280mm7qy]http://www.topcashback.co.uk/images/banners/468x60.gif[/img:280mm7qy][/url:280mm7qy]:

Quote: cod'ead "No, I expect employers to pay a wage that doesn't require any taxpayer-funded subsidy. Just remember, an employer who hands over a wage packet that is based on NMW is in reality saying

Are you saying the NMW isn't high enough to prevent taxpayer-funded subsidy?

Isn't it more going to be down to the hours worked.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3605No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
67953_1341943970.jpg
Someday everything is gonna be different, when I paint my masterpiece ---------------------------------------------------------- [url=http://garykitchen.co.uk/:lnkxkae0]Online art gallery, selling original landscape artwork[/url:lnkxkae0] ---------------------------------------------------------- [url=http://jerrychicken.wordpress.com/:lnkxkae0]JerryChicken - The Blog[/url:lnkxkae0] ----------------------------------------------------------:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_67953.jpg

Quote: Enicomb "Are you saying the NMW isn't high enough to prevent taxpayer-funded subsidy?

Isn't it more going to be down to the hours worked.'"

It is possible for a person or family to qualify for working tax credits where one of them is in full time employment on NMW, if they have qualifying children then they'll definitely qualify - you need to put the numbers through the online calculator though as there is a minefield of "what if's".

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner17898
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7384_1394882426.png
[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/14252202:io879g1y]2005 Challenge Cup[/url:io879g1y] To reconcile respect with practicality, what is the optimum speed for a hearse?:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_7384.png

Quote: King Street Cat "Sounds like NEXT are trying to get maximum graft for minimum pay and don't really give a monkey's how they do it.'"

They're a business. What do people expect?

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman12792
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2020Oct 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1506.jpg
[quote:18jc6kzm]I wish everyone would read bramleyrhino's post two or three times just to get it through some thick skulls[/quote:18jc6kzm] [quote:18jc6kzm]Mr bramleyrhino speaks a lot of sense.[/quote:18jc6kzm] [quote="Jamie Jones-Buchanan":18jc6kzm]"I'd never forgive myself if a child of mine was born in Lancashire.[/quote:18jc6kzm]:1506.jpg

Lovely bit of reporting hereUnemployment is higher than average in the Yorkshire and Humber region, with more than 218,000 out of work.'"

That may be true, but suggesting that Next has a local labour pool of more than 200,000 is a touch disingenuous. I doubt that the unemployed in villages like Langthwaite, N Yorks are going to be tempted by an 80 mile commute each way.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Quote: cod'ead "No, I expect employers to pay a wage that doesn't require any taxpayer-funded subsidy. Just remember, an employer who hands over a wage packet that is based on NMW is in reality saying

I understand where you are coming from but one person's need for a taxpayers subsidy is different from another's. How can an employer realistically budget on this basis - all that will happen is those who cost the government the most will just never get offered jobs.

On the rent same thing - no landlord is going to rent to DSS at a discount - they will simply not be able to find anywhere to live - sadly.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2051.jpg

Quote: Sal Paradise "

On the rent same thing - no landlord is going to rent to DSS at a discount - they will simply not be able to find anywhere to live - sadly.'"

Or we could reintroduce rent controls, they seem to work perfectly well in Germany and other European countries.

Instead various governments allowed landlords (private and social) to charge pretty much what they liked, hoping that "the market" would naturally re-adjust. That re-adjustment was never going to happen all the time the taxpayer was funding the difference. The previous Labour government made a start with reducing the subsidies paid to private landlords but only when a tenant moved into a new property. This government went further by including social and council tenants and applying the rule to all existing tenants.

If you look at what's currently happening with the New Era Estate in Hoxton, you'll see that nothing has changed. The estate was recently bought by Westbrook Partners, a private equity company whose shareholders include US and Canadian pension funds. Tory MP Richard Benyon's company Benyon Estates finally bowed to public pressure and pulled out of the Westbrook scheme. They (Westbrook) have now given tenants notice that their rents will TRIPLE. Few if any can afford this rise and will be forced not only to leave the estate but some will have to leave London altogether. Those that find alternative housing will probably be paying more than they were at New Era and the difference will be picked up by the UK taxpayer. That, in any so-called civilised society cannot be considered right.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3329
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

All men are created equal, some work harder in preseason. -[i:1c45x4hd]Emmitt Smith[/i:1c45x4hd]:

NEXT have a culture of high staff turnover and don't give a monkeys about it. A family member worked for them for a short while and whenever it's mentioned to anyone in retail you just get "ooh I've heard they're bad".

Not to mention the bullying, but that's getting into murky water when I've got one of RLfans less cryptic handles.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: cod'ead "Or we could reintroduce rent controls, they seem to work perfectly well in Germany and other European countries.

Instead various governments allowed landlords (private and social) to charge pretty much what they liked, hoping that "the market" would naturally re-adjust. That re-adjustment was never going to happen all the time the taxpayer was funding the difference. The previous Labour government made a start with reducing the subsidies paid to private landlords but only when a tenant moved into a new property. This government went further by including social and council tenants and applying the rule to all existing tenants.

If you look at what's currently happening with the New Era Estate in Hoxton, you'll see that nothing has changed. The estate was recently bought by Westbrook Partners, a private equity company whose shareholders include US and Canadian pension funds. Tory MP Richard Benyon's company Benyon Estates finally bowed to public pressure and pulled out of the Westbrook scheme. They (Westbrook) have now given tenants notice that their rents will TRIPLE. Few if any can afford this rise and will be forced not only to leave the estate but some will have to leave London altogether. Those that find alternative housing will probably be paying more than they were at New Era and the difference will be picked up by the UK taxpayer. That, in any so-called civilised society cannot be considered right.'"

Some very valid points - the difference between the UK and other EU countries is land mass and population increases I suppose. We have a huge shortage of housing so the market simply reflects supply and demand. We don't have a culture where the older relations move in with the younger ones as say Italy that frees up property. It cannot be correct for a landlord to take all the risk in purchasing the property to then to be forcibly prevented from receiving the market rate for the property? If you artificially corrupt the market then you will undoubtedly disturb the property sector and we all know what happens when that occurs.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4647
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50733_1530270912.jpg
[color=#000000:ogl9gbum]"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."[/color:ogl9gbum]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50733.jpg

Quote: Chris28 "They're a business. What do people expect?'"

That's the kind of attitude in business that people have come to expect as default. Bosses treating the employees like crap while feathering their own nests. It's no major secret that if you treat your employees with a bit of respect, they'll be loyal and hardworking in return. The unbelievable thing is that the majority of UK business don't seem to understand this and just plough on with their heads down without a clue what's actually going on in front of their own noses. I've had a multitude of terrible bosses who range from the type who see work as a hindrance to their hobby time to those who'd struggle to tell you what day it was and in the most extreme those who you would question if they were actually human. I've never ever felt any loyalty whatsoever to any of them and have always seen them as a figure of negativity, hence my 'get experience and move on' approach to all of the jobs I held there. It's only now that I've got a good boss that I realise just how important a good boss is!

21 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
21 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.4921875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
1m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
3m