JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
755_1290430740.jpg
“At last, a real, Tory budget,” Daily Mail 24/9/22 "It may be that the honourable gentleman doesn't like mixing with his own side … but we on this side have a more convivial, fraternal spirit." Jacob Rees-Mogg 21/10/21 A member of the Guardian-reading, tofu-eating wokerati.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_755.jpg

Quote: Mike Oxlong "TBH people moaning about tax saying higher earners should pay more just come over as lazy.'"

How do you suggest we fund the NHS, schools, Universities, police, armed forces, social care? We can cut it to the bone as the Tories are doing & have always done, resulting in the society we now have, or we can invest in it properly. If you want the former, vote Tory & you can be happy in your own selfish little world. If you think a caring society is one to aspire to then the only way is higher taxation for those who can afford it. Those on the UK average of £26k cannot afford it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2150
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Mar 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47557_1332937611.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47557.jpg

Quote: Sal Paradise "Not at all - I came from a back to back house in Listerhills in Bradford so I have no objection to anyone working hard and enjoying the fruit of their labour - is it unreasonable that someone sacrifices early in their career, works hard/smart and gets outputs in line with their inputs?

It is also very likely that a number of people have benefited from working in teams I have managed and businesses that I have run.

This government is spending huge sums of money on education 86bn an increase of 1bn on the previous year. It has been pointed out that attainment appears to increasing - which seems to indicate it is about better practises rather than throwing money willy nilly?

Again this is my issue - just throwing money at a problem - Corbyn/Labour mantra isn't a long term strategy. Where is the manifesto is their anything about driving efficiences improving procesess etc? Then they would bite the hand that feeds the unions!!'"

Some people just aren't lucky enough or have the same backing as you did to improve their lot in life. Whether that's because they don't have the support or because they simply aren't smart enough to realise opportunities. They may even have a medical condition which limits what they can do.

Also someone has to do the jobs that are low paid so you can get your groceries or latest gadget from Amazon cheap. Are you saying that anyone who does these jobs should not get help from the state to pay the exorbitant rents that private landlords(most who are in the 40p or 45p tax bracket) charge? To pay for these benefits, the money has to come from somewhere so why shouldn't the people who earn money off those on the lower end of the pay scale pay more for it?

With regards to Education Increasing funds means nothing if the amount of people who need to use our education system has increased. Its like spending £40 on a weekly food shop for 2 then only having an extra £10 added to that when the number of people you need to feed doubles and the price of the food increases.

You can talk about inefficiencies and improving processes all you want but that also takes money for someone to highlight them, plan the change and then implement the changes. To do all this with a real time cut in funding as well as maintain current levels of service(Actually they are expected to increase levels of service) is ridiculous and virtually impossible.

But hey, don't you worry about that. You get to keep more of the money you earn while depriving people the same opportunities you had.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman18060No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Quote: LifeLongHKRFan "Some people just aren't lucky enough or have the same backing as you did to improve their lot in life. Whether that's because they don't have the support or because they simply aren't smart enough to realise opportunities. They may even have a medical condition which limits what they can do.

Also someone has to do the jobs that are low paid so you can get your groceries or latest gadget from Amazon cheap. Are you saying that anyone who does these jobs should not get help from the state to pay the exorbitant rents that private landlords(most who are in the 40p or 45p tax bracket) charge? To pay for these benefits, the money has to come from somewhere so why shouldn't the people who earn money off those on the lower end of the pay scale pay more for it?

With regards to Education Increasing funds means nothing if the amount of people who need to use our education system has increased. Its like spending £40 on a weekly food shop for 2 then only having an extra £10 added to that when the number of people you need to feed doubles and the price of the food increases.

You can talk about inefficiencies and improving processes all you want but that also takes money for someone to highlight them, plan the change and then implement the changes. To do all this with a real time cut in funding as well as maintain current levels of service(Actually they are expected to increase levels of service) is ridiculous and virtually impossible.

But hey, don't you worry about that. You get to keep more of the money you earn while depriving people the same opportunities you had.'"

Anybody could get where I am - I don't have a private or university education I just worked really hard to achieve - it is really that simple.

If people can't afford something is it really the job of the state to provide it? If the state didn't then businesses would have to - the question is are the benefits paid out to workers greater than the CT and NI - a tax on employing people - paid by businesses? I suspect not.

Those people running the public sector will already know where the savings can be made - if they don't they are in the wrong job. You don't need expensive consultants to identify savings you already have the people in the know i.e. the employees you just need to engage them. That is a typical Labour trait lets just throw money at it.

I don't mind paying my fair share but I don't its fair that business and the higher paid should be seen as a cash cow to fund inefficient public services.

RankPostsTeam
International Star15521
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50722_1319672516.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50722.jpg

Quote: Sal Paradise "Anybody could get where I am - I don't have a private or university education I just worked really hard to achieve - it is really that simple.

If people can't afford something is it really the job of the state to provide it? If the state didn't then businesses would have to - the question is are the benefits paid out to workers greater than the CT and NI - a tax on employing people - paid by businesses? I suspect not.

Those people running the public sector will already know where the savings can be made - if they don't they are in the wrong job. You don't need expensive consultants to identify savings you already have the people in the know i.e. the employees you just need to engage them. That is a typical Labour trait lets just throw money at it.

I don't mind paying my fair share but I don't its fair that business and the higher paid should be seen as a cash cow to fund inefficient public services.'"

Ignore all the evidence - take on the views of the right wing media by osmosis - and repeat it ad infinitum until you convince yourself its true. Meanwhile, the NHS is collapsing, we're hurtling towards severing ties with our biggest trading partner, the national debt has gone up by 700 trillion, and more and more people are in poverty. But you're alright - thanks in large part to a better opportunities created by a kinder politics - so balls to everyone else.

I sometimes wish I saw life in as facile and deliberately ill-informed way as people like you; I'd probably sleep better.

DGM
RankPostsTeam
International Star2490No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201510 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
73680_1515668157.jpg
[size=85:3idnpzvq]Cup Winners: 1914, 1982, 2005, 2016, 2017. Cup Runners-Up: 1908, 1909, 1910, 1922, 1923, 1959, 1960, 1980, 1983, 1985, 2008, 2013. League Champions: 1920, 1921, 1936, 1956, 1958, 1983. League Runners-Up: 1957, 1982, 1984, 2006.[/size:3idnpzvq]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_73680.jpg

Quote: bren2k "Ignore all the evidence - take on the views of the right wing media by osmosis - and repeat it ad infinitum until you convince yourself its true. Meanwhile, the NHS is collapsing, we're hurtling towards severing ties with our biggest trading partner, the national debt has gone up by 700 trillion, and more and more people are in poverty. But you're alright - thanks in large part to a better opportunities created by a kinder politics - so balls to everyone else.

I sometimes wish I saw life in as facile and deliberately ill-informed way as people like you; I'd probably sleep better.'"

Bren Abbott icon_wink.gif

Top points made as usual. For people like Sal who lives in a bubble where every person has the same opportunity as the next person, and neither he nor anyone he knows is struggling, I can see why he'd be attracted to Tory ideas. It comes down to putting a few extra quid in his pocket above helping those in our society who struggle the most.

A well funded NHS, education, infrastructure, policing etc all help create an environment whereby entrepreneurs and big business can flourish in this country. They're able to take advantage of an educated, talented & skilful workforce, a healthy workforce, infrastructure meaning they can attract talent from a wider area, a safer and stable country that's adequately policed. That's the vital bit he simply can't grasp.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: DGM "Bren Abbott
Well said that man eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman17138No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
755_1290430740.jpg
“At last, a real, Tory budget,” Daily Mail 24/9/22 "It may be that the honourable gentleman doesn't like mixing with his own side … but we on this side have a more convivial, fraternal spirit." Jacob Rees-Mogg 21/10/21 A member of the Guardian-reading, tofu-eating wokerati.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_755.jpg

Meanwhile in the real world the Tories, not content with controlling 90% of the written media, are putting more pressure on the BBC, accusing them of left wing bias & effectively blaming them for the Tories pathetic performance at last night's leaders' debate.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator3221No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13373_1293476827.jpg
"I need to be myself, I can't be no-one else":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_13373.jpg

Quote: bren2k "Ignore all the evidence - take on the views of the right wing media by osmosis - and repeat it ad infinitum until you convince yourself its true. Meanwhile, the NHS is collapsing, we're hurtling towards severing ties with our biggest trading partner, the national debt has gone up by 700 trillion, and more and more people are in poverty. But you're alright - thanks in large part to a better opportunities created by a kinder politics - so balls to everyone else.

I sometimes wish I saw life in as facile and deliberately ill-informed way as people like you; I'd probably sleep better.'"

Ignore all the comebacks, take on all the views of the lefty media and continually just keep saying the rich are too rich, make them pay for everything!

I agree that all those things do need funding, no doubt about it, but sick of hearing "tax the rich" as the only option.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman17138No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
755_1290430740.jpg

Quote: Mike Oxlong "Ignore all the comebacks, take on all the views of the lefty media and continually just keep saying the rich are too rich, make them pay for everything!'"

Who is "all the lefty media"?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2150
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Mar 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47557_1332937611.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47557.jpg

Quote: Mike Oxlong "Ignore all the comebacks, take on all the views of the lefty media and continually just keep saying the rich are too rich, make them pay for everything!

I agree that all those things do need funding, no doubt about it, but sick of hearing "tax the rich" as the only option.'"

Don't worry, if May wins the GE then she will just force NHS trusts to sell their assets. It seems to be the way of Tory Governments to sell everything off so they can say 'Look we have a stable economy'

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: Mike Oxlong "Ignore all the comebacks, take on all the views of the lefty media and continually just keep saying the rich are too rich, make them pay for everything!

I agree that all those things do need funding, no doubt about it, but sick of hearing "tax the rich" as the only option.'"

It's a better tag line than "strong and stable" which is Teresa May's dream and has sod all to do with her government or the country's economy.
Of course, it's far easier to say that you will tax the top 5%, rather than risk upsetting the other 95% and tracking down the tax avoiders at the top of the pile will pay greater dividends than trying to cut a few quid from the disabled and the pensioners.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain170No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20178 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020Aug 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

" I found it particularly amusing when Angus Robertson fired off at the PM for being nowhere to be seen when his esteemed leader was MIA too!"

Robertson is leader of the SNP in the UK Parliament. Sturgeon and the Scottish Parliament are not up for election until 2021. So why would a Leader not involved in an election be expected to take part in this election debate?

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4961
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2334_1318529805.png
There's Only One F in Wakefield:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2334.png

It's not the only option, other plans are to renationalise profit making enterprises instead of selling them off while our chums and partners buy shares in the companies that bought them!

All of the austerity budgets have been targeted at the poor. Service cuts, health cuts, schools, social care, police - all cut by address the deficit caused by greedy bankers. We have paid a heavy price for their greed... time for them to pay a bit back.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman18060No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Quote: TrinityIHC "It's not the only option, other plans are to renationalise profit making enterprises instead of selling them off while our chums and partners buy shares in the companies that bought them!

All of the austerity budgets have been targeted at the poor. Service cuts, health cuts, schools, social care, police - all cut by address the deficit caused by greedy bankers. We have paid a heavy price for their greed... time for them to pay a bit back.'"

One thing is for certain anything that is renationalised will run at greater deficit than it does now. IIRC most of us had an option to buy shares in many of the industries the Tories de-nationalised.

The government can only cut the costs it manages - it hardly say to Barclays this is how you must run your company - that is not how it works as much as you would like it to. icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4961
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2334_1318529805.png
There's Only One F in Wakefield:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2334.png

Quote: Sal Paradise "One thing is for certain anything that is renationalised will run at greater deficit than it does now. IIRC most of us had an option to buy shares in many of the industries the Tories de-nationalised.

The government can only cut the costs it manages - it hardly say to Barclays this is how you must run your company - that is not how it works as much as you would like it to.
Yeah but where are those shares now? Much like the houses they generously allowed us to buy, they are now falling into the hands of wealthy private investors.

The fact is, our railways are the most expensive for the worst service in Europe. Every other nation has got a state owned transport company which makes huge profits off the UK market, in order to subsidise their own tickets at home.

What a farce the other deregulated sectors are too. There is no competition in the water market, the energy companies rip us off and collude with each other to fix ever higher prices.

Time to take back control of our infrastructure in my opinion.

961 posts in 65 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
961 posts in 65 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.0244140625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Tom Johnstone
Trojan Horse
10m
Barrow
Trojan Horse
24m
IMG scores
1315trinity
24m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
Trebor1
28m
TV Games - Not Hull
Irregular Ho
36m
Film game
Boss Hog
59m
Who do we want in the play-offs
MorePlaymake
Recent
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Blackandwhit
Recent
Planning for next season
LeytherRob
Recent
Squads - Leopards v Saints
Vancouver Le
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
bulls on Sunday
Listenup94
31s
Catalans Dragons Finish Seventh Hull Avoid the Wooden Spoon
RLFANS News
33s
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
Trebor1
33s
Vancouver Le
40s
Staying or Not
batleyrhino
41s
Season 2024
leeds owl
43s
Recruitment rumours and links
easyWire
47s
Shopping list for 2025
Jake the Peg
56s
Film game
Boss Hog
1m
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
Zig
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
David Hughes
orangeman
TODAY
Catalans Dragons Finish Seventh Hull Avoid the Wooden Spoon
RLFANS News
TODAY
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
Season 2024
leeds owl
TODAY
Hull KR Secure Second With Victory Over Leeds
RLFANS News
TODAY
Tonights match v London
just_browny
TODAY
Wembley photo
AgbriggAmble
TODAY
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trophy By Thrashing Salford
RLFANS News
TODAY
Barrow
Trojan Horse
TODAY
Holly Spurr Interview
JamieRobinso
TODAY
Wolves again
BigTime
TODAY
Academy Players Promoted to First Team Squad
Simba16
TODAY
Vancouver Le
TODAY
Round 27 HKR Away
Seth
TODAY
Squad for London
MorePlaymake
TODAY
Hull FC preview
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Halifax A
dddooommm
TODAY
East stand
PopTart
TODAY
Locations of League
Wollo-Wollo-
TODAY
Matt Parcell to leave at seasons end
Huddersfield
TODAY
Huddersfiels to get new stadium
RobRiches
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
Leeds Rhinos Ride Their Luck F..
Wigan Warriors Level Top As Ca..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 3,129 80,12414,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R29
 FT
Hover 
Sydney
40-16
Manly
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R27
 FT 
Hull FC
4-24
Catalans
       Championship 2024-R27
 FT 
Featherstone
50-12
Dewsbury
 FT 
Widnes
12-18
Toulouse
 FT 
Wakefield
46-0
Barrow
 TOMORROW
       Championship 2024-R27
15:00
Batley
v
Swinton
Halifax
v
Bradford
Swinton
v
Doncaster
       League One 2024-R24
Hunslet
v
Midlands
Keighley
v
Rochdale
 Fri 27th Sep
     National Rugby League 2024-R30
10:50
Melbourne
v
Sydney
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R28
20:00
Salford
v
Leigh
 Sat 28th Sep
     National Rugby League 2024-R30
10:50
Penrith
v
Cronulla
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R28
17:00
Warrington
v
St.Helens
       Championship 2024-R28
17:00
Toulouse
v
Batley
 Sun 29th Sep
       Championship 2024-R28
Barrow
v
Widnes
Bradford
v
Swinton
Dewsbury
v
Sheffield
Wakefield
v
Doncaster
Whitehaven
v
Halifax
York
v
Featherstone
 Sun 27th Oct 2024
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov 2024
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 21st Sep
SL
Hull FC4-24Catalans
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 21st Sep
SL
LIVE
Hull FC4-24Catalans
CH
LIVE
Featherstone50-12Dewsbury
CH
LIVE
Widnes12-18Toulouse
CH
LIVE
Wakefield46-0Barrow
NRL
LIVE
Sydney40-16Manly
Fri 20th Sep
SL 27 Hull KR26-16Leeds
SL 27 Leigh18-12St.Helens
SL 27 Warrington54-0LondonB
CH 27 Sheffield24-26York
NRL 29 Cronulla26-18NQL Cowboys
Thu 19th Sep
SL 27 Huddersfield34-10Castleford
SL 27 Wigan64-0Salford
Sun 15th Sep
WSL2024 14 FeatherstoneW6-32York V
WSL2024 14 Hudds W36-0Wire W
CH 26 Barrow34-14Whitehaven
CH 26 Bradford16-14Batley
CH 26 Dewsbury16-28Swinton
CH 26 Doncaster30-14Widnes
CH 26 Featherstone6-20Sheffield
CH 26 Wakefield20-4York
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Hull KR 27 719 327 392 42
Warrington 27 738 319 419 40
Salford 27 550 547 3 32
Leigh 27 566 398 168 31
St.Helens 27 596 388 208 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 25 938 256 682 48
Toulouse 24 680 352 328 33
Bradford 24 618 373 245 32
York 26 639 463 176 28
Featherstone 25 616 484 132 28
Sheffield 25 618 498 120 28

Widnes 25 525 451 74 27
Doncaster 24 470 527 -57 23
Batley 24 378 513 -135 20
Halifax 24 475 617 -142 20