FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > The Sin Bin > PM in Intensive Care...
566 posts in 39 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman18060No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Quote: wrencat1873 "Do you think that Sunak will still be a front bench politician when the Government have to balance the books.
All that he's done so far is to open the country's wallet and boy, has he opened it.

Spending at a rate never witnessed in peace time.

If he gets through this one, with borrowing under control, he will probably be made king, never mind Prime Minister.
It's far more likely than Boris will use him as a fall guy and tell the country how he "trusted him to get us through this", as he eases him aside for yet another one of his cronies.

I was always told that it's easy to spend money and that anyone could do it, much more difficult to achieve the same results on a budget and he's certainly not sticking to any budget but, there will be a day of reckoning at some point and then we will see, not only how good the Chancellor is but, also how good Boris is under severe fiscal pressure and most importantly, there wont be the get out clause of the last 10+ years, where every difficult decision was blamed on Labour - I'm looking forward to it.'"

Sunak is a very bright individual who has plenty of personal wealth so he is not being an MP for the money so yes he will be around for the long haul. I agree he has thrown the kitchen sink at this - not sure what else he could have done - there would 4m unemployed if he hadn't. One thing is for certain if he gets the top job the cabinet will have significant intellectual horsepower - its the way professional firms work employ the best brains. It is the one thing Labour fear. Brains will always beat idealism it is why Starmer is making a better fist of it than Corbyn/McDonald/Long-Bailey did.

It will Boris that's eased out his flaws are there for all to see - he is a front man but like Trump that is OK for a short period. If there is no substance behind it the public will see through it - like they did Corbyn.

One thing the Tories will do is leave the EU with no deal - the damage will just get lost in the fiscal mess the virus has caused - no bad thing in my view, let's have a clean slate. Austerity will not return - perhaps big ticket projects will be canned, we will all just pay more taxes, pension allowance for top rate tax payers will go - quite rightly too, fuel duty will increase and I would expect to see dividends taxed differently too. As a lefty I'm sure you wont mind paying more tax - you have been calling for it for years.

RankPostsTeam
International Star11895No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
White Backgrounds/Statler.gif
:White Backgrounds/Statler.gif

Matt Hancock has just pretty much spat in the faces of the families who’ve lost loved ones in care homes. T**t.

RankPostsTeam
International Star5219
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

It does not take long for the government’s true colours to come through. We have Priti Patel when questioned confirming the home office were looking into the imposition of the NHS charge levied on those non U.K. heroes in hospitals. The problem is that this was a Johnson they were not and had no intention of dropping the application of the £600 + charge each non U.K. resident and their family pay to access the NHS.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: Sal Paradise "Sunak is a very bright individual who has plenty of personal wealth so he is not being an MP for the money so yes he will be around for the long haul. I agree he has thrown the kitchen sink at this - not sure what else he could have done - there would 4m unemployed if he hadn't. One thing is for certain if he gets the top job the cabinet will have significant intellectual horsepower - its the way professional firms work employ the best brains. It is the one thing Labour fear. Brains will always beat idealism it is why Starmer is making a better fist of it than Corbyn/McDonald/Long-Bailey did.

It will Boris that's eased out his flaws are there for all to see - he is a front man but like Trump that is OK for a short period. If there is no substance behind it the public will see through it - like they did Corbyn.

One thing the Tories will do is leave the EU with no deal - the damage will just get lost in the fiscal mess the virus has caused - no bad thing in my view, let's have a clean slate. Austerity will not return - perhaps big ticket projects will be canned, we will all just pay more taxes, pension allowance for top rate tax payers will go - quite rightly too, fuel duty will increase and I would expect to see dividends taxed differently too. As a lefty I'm sure you wont mind paying more tax - you have been calling for it for years.'"

"Austerity will not return"
With record borrowing and a fiscal hole that is just fecking huge, how are the Tories, with their triple lock on tax going to pay down the new increased deficit, especially with massively shrinking tax receipts.

At the stare of the virus, there was talk of a cliff edge and a quick "bounce". However, with the easing of the lockdown likely to be slow and careful, the bounce will be akin to that of a cold squash ball, more of a thud on a cold floor and perhaps more interestingly, if you are right and there is not going to be a further period of austerity, why the hell did the poorest people in the country and our new hero's (in the NHS), have their livelihoods squeezed so far over the past 10+ years by the Troy party ??

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Quote: wrencat1873 ""Austerity will not return"
With record borrowing and a fiscal hole that is just fecking huge, how are the Tories, with their triple lock on tax going to pay down the new increased deficit, especially with massively shrinking tax receipts.

At the stare of the virus, there was talk of a cliff edge and a quick "bounce". However, with the easing of the lockdown likely to be slow and careful, the bounce will be akin to that of a cold squash ball, more of a thud on a cold floor and perhaps more interestingly, if you are right and there is not going to be a further period of austerity, why the hell did the poorest people in the country and our new hero's (in the NHS), have their livelihoods squeezed so far over the past 10+ years by the Troy party ??'"

Everybody had their income squeezed - I didn't see many salary increases across the private sector during the reign of the coalition apart from minimum wage increases so it wasn't only the public sector that got squeezed.

Not a chance for further austerity - we will carry a bigger deficit that is for sure and various levers will be pulled: fuel duty, pension allowance >20% will be scrapped, greater efforts on CT, dividends will be taxed at higher levels bigger increases in council tax etc.

What should be allowed to happen is a halt to the increase in minimum wage 6% this - similar next - must keep going even though it will hurt the government most.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: Sal Paradise "Everybody had their income squeezed - I didn't see many salary increases across the private sector during the reign of the coalition apart from minimum wage increases so it wasn't only the public sector that got squeezed.

Not a chance for further austerity - we will carry a bigger deficit that is for sure and various levers will be pulled

We'll certainly see just how creative Sunak actually is.
As I said, all that he's done so fare is to spend, spend, spend at a level that would make even the Labour Chancellors of bygone years blush, which is very easy.
A chancellor shows their worth when they can give the perception of spending, while actually keeping a "balanced" ledger.
This guy hasn't had to balance anything yet but, you seem to think that he's the dogs whatsits.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: wrencat1873 "We'll certainly see just how creative Sunak actually is.
As I said, all that he's done so fare is to spend, spend, spend at a level that would make even the Labour Chancellors of bygone years blush, which is very easy.
A chancellor shows their worth when they can give the perception of spending, while actually keeping a "balanced" ledger.
This guy hasn't had to balance anything yet but, you seem to think that he's the dogs whatsits.'"

What I think is he has got the mood of the nation right - the furlough, CBIL, VAT he has been creative in helping businesses survive and give workers some dignity during this crisis. You lot didn't like austerity when Osborne tried to balance the books so your option was borrow more money so what do you want?

One thing is obvious he is a very bright guy which is always a good starting point - intellectual horsepower is seldom beat by idealistic thinking.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12642
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33809_1522680904.png
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_33809.png

Quote: Sal Paradise "intellectual horsepower is seldom beat by idealistic thinking.'"

Yeah, but first of all you need an emotive three word slogan.

I reckon that is why Stay Alert went down badly - only two words.

Only about 6 weeks for them to decide on whether to continue negotiating a trade deal with the EU. It doesn’t matter how bright you are if you’ve given yourself no good options.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3829
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18686.jpg
In Springfield, they're eating the dogs, the people that came in. They're eating the cats! They're eating the pets!:18686.jpg

Quote: Sal Paradise "Everybody had their income squeezed - I didn't see many salary increases across the private sector during the reign of the coalition apart from minimum wage increases so it wasn't only the public sector that got squeezed.

Not a chance for further austerity - we will carry a bigger deficit that is for sure and various levers will be pulledWhat should be allowed to happen is a halt to the increase in minimum wage 6% this - similar next - must keep going even though it will hurt the government most.'"

Why pick on the poorest workers in the country?

What about the "never had it so goods" how about a freeze on the triple lock or maybe a cull on the free bus pass & T.V. licences, after all the elderly are the most affected by the virus, we're all in it together aren't we?

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: Sal Paradise "What I think is he has got the mood of the nation right - the furlough, CBIL, VAT he has been creative in helping businesses survive and give workers some dignity during this crisis. You lot didn't like austerity when Osborne tried to balance the books so your option was borrow more money so what do you want?

One thing is obvious he is a very bright guy which is always a good starting point - intellectual horsepower is seldom beat by idealistic thinking.'"

"the mood of the nation", since when has that EVER mattered ??

The point that you seem to have spectacularly missed from my previous post is, why was austerity so necessary following the WORLD banking crisis but, wont be neccessary following an even larger fiscal hole in the world ecconomy or, was it merely an excuse to shrink the size of the "state" and with it, hit the poorest sector of the country, including a pay freeze on those who are now worthy of praise and applause on a Thursday night.
Just imagine if their wages hadn't been squeezed so tight and their bursaries not removed, we may have been slightly better prepared for the current pandemic a046.gif

You do hold him in very high regard, which is strange, given that so far his actions have been similar to a Euromillions winner, albeit on a much larger scale.

I believe that you are clever enough to know that the furlough scheme is just delaying the inevitable job losses that come from closing down the country's ecconomy for 4/5 months and that in reality, around half of those who are currently furloughed wont have a job to return to and that the cost of the scheme is probably similar to those people having been made redundant, without the actual redundancy payments.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: wrencat1873 ""the mood of the nation", since when has that EVER mattered ??

The point that you seem to have spectacularly missed from my previous post is, why was austerity so necessary following the WORLD banking crisis but, wont be neccessary following an even larger fiscal hole in the world ecconomy or, was it merely an excuse to shrink the size of the "state" and with it, hit the poorest sector of the country, including a pay freeze on those who are now worthy of praise and applause on a Thursday night.
Just imagine if their wages hadn't been squeezed so tight and their bursaries not removed, we may have been slightly better prepared for the current pandemic
It is pretty obvious to most - sadly lost on you - but here we go.

Governments will be prepared to carry larger borrowing than was the case at the time of the banking crisis - even Labour under Brown were suggesting austerity was needed to get the public finances back on track.

The two main issues in this crisis that the government have failed miserably are testing and PPE - neither would have been solved by increasing bursaries - the NHS has coped very well during this crisis - not an issue of nurse shortage. Testing was at a level we needed for normal clinical activity as was PPE - in Germany they had a different view on testing, something the government can learn from when the next one happens in 20 years time.

I agree about that this is just delaying the inevitable - but it does give people dignity for a few months and the levels of redundancies will be reduced because of the scheme. Without the scheme we would have at least 3m unemployed - look at the US. The unions are major drivers of extending the furlough - they are petrified about what is going to happen and they have pressed the government for an extension as have Labour - so I would have thought that was a good thing in your eyes? That is what I mean about the mood of the nation.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: Sal Paradise "It is pretty obvious to most - sadly lost on you - but here we go.

Governments will be prepared to carry larger borrowing than was the case at the time of the banking crisis - even Labour under Brown were suggesting austerity was needed to get the public finances back on track.

The two main issues in this crisis that the government have failed miserably are testing and PPE - neither would have been solved by increasing bursaries - the NHS has coped very well during this crisis - not an issue of nurse shortage. Testing was at a level we needed for normal clinical activity as was PPE - in Germany they had a different view on testing, something the government can learn from when the next one happens in 20 years time.

I agree about that this is just delaying the inevitable - but it does give people dignity for a few months and the levels of redundancies will be reduced because of the scheme. Without the scheme we would have at least 3m unemployed - look at the US. The unions are major drivers of extending the furlough - they are petrified about what is going to happen and they have pressed the government for an extension as have Labour - so I would have thought that was a good thing in your eyes? That is what I mean about the mood of the nation.'"

Yes, borrowing in the short term to plug the immediate hole - they have absolutely no choice - the interesting aspect will be when things start to settle down.
Will the Tory government roll with a much, much higher level of borrowing than there was following the banking crisis and the cost of financing that debt or, will we return to a period of austerity.
The Furlough scheme does give some short term protection to millions of workers but, to use a favourite political phrase, this merely kicks the can down the road and IF the opening up of the ecconomy is to be slow and / or "bumpy", companies just wont want to hire new employees, they will keep their belts well and truly tight, just as with my own business and this is before we look at things like the high street, which looks in mortal danger.
You were talking about a swift recovery of the ecconomy but, it will be anything but, this is going to be a slow, slow return to where we were, which was a flat line already.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: wrencat1873 "Yes, borrowing in the short term to plug the immediate hole - they have absolutely no choice - the interesting aspect will be when things start to settle down.
Will the Tory government roll with a much, much higher level of borrowing than there was following the banking crisis and the cost of financing that debt or, will we return to a period of austerity.
The Furlough scheme does give some short term protection to millions of workers but, to use a favourite political phrase, this merely kicks the can down the road and IF the opening up of the ecconomy is to be slow and / or "bumpy", companies just wont want to hire new employees, they will keep their belts well and truly tight, just as with my own business and this is before we look at things like the high street, which looks in mortal danger.
You were talking about a swift recovery of the ecconomy but, it will be anything but, this is going to be a slow, slow return to where we were, which was a flat line already.'"

I disagree with you - I think governments around the world will live with much higher levels of borrowing - they have the perfect excuse. I agree it does kick it down the road and there will be 3-4m unemployed in the short term. Why am I more optimistic about is the concept of bad businesses going that drag any market down - usually through lunatic pricing - this will open up the market to the better well invested operators who can make a margin and invest capital in their firms. These businesses are already lean so they wont have a need to tighten quite the opposite.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: Sal Paradise "I disagree with you - I think governments around the world will live with much higher levels of borrowing - they have the perfect excuse. I agree it does kick it down the road and there will be 3-4m unemployed in the short term. Why am I more optimistic about is the concept of bad businesses going that drag any market down - usually through lunatic pricing - this will open up the market to the better well invested operators who can make a margin and invest capital in their firms. These businesses are already lean so they wont have a need to tighten quite the opposite.'"

Come on, you are missing the point here.
The current shutdown of the ecconomy isn't weeding out "bad businesses", who may in a "normal" recession disappear, leaving the "stronger" businesses to prosper.
Due to the "lock down" restrictions, many businesses have been completely prevented from trading.
Many well run, previously solvent businesses will disappear due to being prevented from opening their doors, many fashion outlets will be stuffed, due to not being able to sell spring/summer garments, which will be all but obsolete by the time the next opportunity to sell them comes around.
Even allowing for furloughing and rates relief, any business starved of income for 3 months plus, is going to struggle and just about every business, that isn't involved in either the food or medical sector will be fighting for their lives.
Expect "fire" sales aplenty and liquidations by the 1000, which will take out other "viable" businesses.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: wrencat1873 "Come on, you are missing the point here.
The current shutdown of the ecconomy isn't weeding out "bad businesses", who may in a "normal" recession disappear, leaving the "stronger" businesses to prosper.
Due to the "lock down" restrictions, many businesses have been completely prevented from trading.
Many well run, previously solvent businesses will disappear due to being prevented from opening their doors, many fashion outlets will be stuffed, due to not being able to sell spring/summer garments, which will be all but obsolete by the time the next opportunity to sell them comes around.
Even allowing for furloughing and rates relief, any business starved of income for 3 months plus, is going to struggle and just about every business, that isn't involved in either the food or medical sector will be fighting for their lives.
Expect "fire" sales aplenty and liquidations by the 1000, which will take out other "viable" businesses.'"

Again we must disagree - the good businesses will see this through in the main due to the furlough scheme. The businesses that have been teetering on the edge for years will go by the way side. It is no surprise that the likes of Café Rouge, Carluccios, Jamie Oliver and shops like Debenhams, Links, Bon Marche have gone - these aren't good businesses that just got unlucky these were poor businesses that should have long ago. I don't hear M&S, Next, Harvey Nichols, River Island crying - the landscape will change it would have changed anyway. There will be less bars & restaurants but what will be left will be well run businesses.

I think there are plenty of manufacturing businesses that are sound and whilst revenues are down they are doing OK, plenty of media businesses too, finance companies etc. This economy is far from dead.

566 posts in 39 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
566 posts in 39 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.27685546875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Leigh it is
moto748
57m
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
Recent
Grand final Tickets
NickyKiss
Recent
Season tickets
Ilkley Fax
Recent
TV Games - Not Hull
bishops fing
Recent
Wigan win academy final
Simba16
Recent
Film game
Boss Hog
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Cokey
45s
Tonights match v HKR
RobRiches
57s
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
1m
Grand final Tickets
NickyKiss
1m
Season tickets
Ilkley Fax
1m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Emagdnim13
1m
TV Games - Not Hull
bishops fing
2m
Wigan win academy final
Simba16
2m
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
RLFANS News
2m
Play-off semi-final
Prince Buste
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Grand final Tickets
NickyKiss
TODAY
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
RLFANS News
TODAY
Refs referring it to video as a try or not
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Questions for Ste Mills
PopTart
TODAY
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
TODAY
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
morleys_deck
TODAY
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
Tony Fax
TODAY
Sam Burgess
morleys_deck
TODAY
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fightback To Secure Grand Final Spot
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
RobRiches
TODAY
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
TODAY
2024 IMG gradings
Victor
TODAY
Championship Awards
FIL
TODAY
Season tickets
Ilkley Fax
TODAY
Best Semi
sir adrian m
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Cokey
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
AgbriggAmble
TODAY
Squad for HKR
MorePlaymake
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Gran..
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M 2,875 80,13214,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       Championship 2024-R29
15:00
Bradford
v
Featherstone
       League One 2024-R26
Keighley
v
Hunslet
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sat 12th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R30
18:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sat 12th Oct
SL
18:00
Hull KR-Wigan
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 5th Oct
CH 29 York27-10Widnes
SL 29 Wigan38-0Leigh
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 28 759 336 423 46
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 29 580 442 138 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 28 682 479 203 32
Widnes 27 561 502 59 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22