FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > The Sin Bin > PM in Intensive Care...
566 posts in 39 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
RankPostsTeam
Moderator12488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00004.gif
Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????:disney/00004.gif

Quote: Sal Paradise "You lefties really do want the state to control your lives - are you incapable of staying staff all by yourself - you should be embarrassed, I would be. It would be funny if it weren't so tragic. Maybe the slogan should be "Grow up and Grow some"

I do not feel that I have any difficulties sin knowing what I need to do.

My concerns are for those who do not have the same level,of control over their lives.

The security guards who are most at risk, the care home staff who have really limited PPE but still go to work, the NHS workers who go to work and put themselves at risk to help people like you, the insecurely employed who have no choice, the worker s who have to use public transport and put themselves at risk.

You Tories are so emotionally dead that you find it impossible to think about your fellow man. Maybe your slogan should be , “so what if you die. I want my quality of life”

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7152
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Jun 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12389.gif
:12389.gif

Quote: Sal Paradise "Everyone has been asking the Government to treat us as adults - as soon as they do everyone cries - you can't have it both ways?'"

Astonishing, isn't it.

"We demand a plan! We demand a phased plan!"

Government: "here you go."

"It's too confusing, I didn't actually know what I was asking for, I'm a feckin child, wipe my backside."

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2990
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: wrencat1873 "More importantly, where are people supposed to get a supply of masks from, which are now required for enclosed spaces ??
Masks will be harder to get hold of than toilet rolls and pasta were a few weeks ago and remebering that some idiots will be stock piling the bloody things, there could be serious consequances for some of the people / services that really need them.'"

The advice was for face coverings not masks.

Below is from strategy paper released today.

"Face-coverings
As more people return to work, there will be more movement outside people's immediate household. This increased mobility means the Government is now advising that people should aim to wear a face-covering in enclosed spaces where social distancing is not always possible and they come into contact with others that they do not normally meet, for example on public transport or in some shops. Homemade cloth face-coverings can help reduce the risk of transmission in some circumstances. Face-coverings are not intended to help the wearer, but to protect against inadvertent transmission of the disease to others if you have it asymptomatically.
A face covering is not the same as a facemask such as the surgical masks or respirators used as part of personal protective equipment by healthcare and other workers. These supplies must continue to be reserved for those who need it. Face-coverings should not be used by children under the age of two, or those who may find it difficult to manage them correctly, for example primary age children unassisted, or those with respiratory conditions. It is important to use face- coverings properly and wash your hands before putting them on and taking them off."

RankPostsTeam
International Star5219
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Sunday you have 12 hours to return to work but not be public transport. Monday no we meant Wednesday but still try to walk or cycle. Sunday anybody flying into U.K. other than from Eire must isolate for 14 days. Monday extended to suddenly include by ferry, tunnel with the exception of coming from France which is now exempt. Sunday it was construction and manufacturing but by Monday they added food production and science facilities. Sunday golf yes but in two’s only and then with an existing member from your household but by Monday it can be from another house but subject to social distancing. I could give more examples by you right wing are so knowledgeable that you knew what he meant on Sunday.
I like the belief that a company is going to say no don’t come to work because you can’t find child care.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4647
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50733_1530270912.jpg
[color=#000000:ogl9gbum]"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."[/color:ogl9gbum]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50733.jpg

Quote: Scarlet Pimpernell "I like the belief that a company is going to say no don’t come to work because you can’t find child care.'"

Astonishing from Johnson, that. As if that's really going to happen.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7770
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock "I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count" [quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote] Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!" I thanked him and went on my Merry way! RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015! "The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth." Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Quote: IR80 "Coming from you, that is the funniest thing this year!

The last time you had a point, it was up your nose and had snot on the end.'"

If mine and your views on things are polar opposite that's absolutely fine by me.
I would love to know what was in that PM you sent me a couple of weeks ago that you deleted before I had the chance to read it.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2215No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2020Aug 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Jukesays "If mine and your views on things are polar opposite that's absolutely fine by me.
I would love to know what was in that PM you sent me a couple of weeks ago that you deleted before I had the chance to read it.'"

so, you admit you disagree with people purely on the basis of the poster as opposed to the content, enough said.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7770
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock "I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count" [quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote] Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!" I thanked him and went on my Merry way! RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015! "The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth." Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Quote: IR80 "so, you admit you disagree with people purely on the basis of the poster as opposed to the content, enough said.'"

If that how you want to interpret that then that's ok with me however untrue it is.
I have on a number of occasions agreed with Sal on numerous issues.

I'm sure occasionally even yourself may come up with a fair point, but even a blind squirrel will find a nut once in a while.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7770
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Scarlet Pimpernell "Sunday you have 12 hours to return to work but not be public transport. Monday no we meant Wednesday but still try to walk or cycle. Sunday anybody flying into U.K. other than from Eire must isolate for 14 days. Monday extended to suddenly include by ferry, tunnel with the exception of coming from France which is now exempt. Sunday it was construction and manufacturing but by Monday they added food production and science facilities. Sunday golf yes but in two’s only and then with an existing member from your household but by Monday it can be from another house but subject to social distancing. I could give more examples by you right wing are so knowledgeable that you knew what he meant on Sunday.
I like the belief that a company is going to say no don’t come to work because you can’t find child care.'"

Dont expect a reply
I've noticed any kind of criticism that contains logic,fact or any kind of reasoning behind it is ignored so the argument goes away or dismissed as fake news.

Watched the American program with John Oliver last night as I usually do (not a great episode btw) but it is alarming the parallels between the Republicans, Trump, Fox news etc and our conservative party and a pretty decent percentage of their following. Blind devotion comes to mind.
Tbf the Tories are a "Light" version containing maybe say 30/40% of their ideology etc. But the way they are going about things in general, and not just the coronavirus issues is straight of their playbook.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7770
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Sal Paradise "Given that most of the morons who don't follow the rules are young who mostly vote Labour I suggest your views are without either substance or validity.

I suppose the Tory voters like to have some input into their life - they don't need the control of the state like you lefties.'"

So you know for a FACT that as you put it "Most of the Morons who dont follow the rules " are young and mostly vote Labour?
Can you provide a link to your source please? I'm interested to know how you come to this conclusion

Yet

It's the "Tory voters like to have some input into their life - they don't need the control of the state like you lefties"

Which could be interpreted quite reasonably IMO becuase o cant think what else it could mean as, were Tories we know best, follow our rules that we dont need need to follow.

As Bojo says this just needs people to use "Good, solid, British common sense!".
That'll get the flag wavers going.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: TURFEDOUT "The advice was for face coverings not masks.

Below is from strategy paper released today.

"Face-coverings
As more people return to work, there will be more movement outside people's immediate household. This increased mobility means the Government is now advising that people should aim to wear a face-covering in enclosed spaces where social distancing is not always possible and they come into contact with others that they do not normally meet, for example on public transport or in some shops. Homemade cloth face-coverings can help reduce the risk of transmission in some circumstances. Face-coverings are not intended to help the wearer, but to protect against inadvertent transmission of the disease to others if you have it asymptomatically.
A face covering is not the same as a facemask such as the surgical masks or respirators used as part of personal protective equipment by healthcare and other workers. These supplies must continue to be reserved for those who need it. Face-coverings should not be used by children under the age of two, or those who may find it difficult to manage them correctly, for example primary age children unassisted, or those with respiratory conditions. It is important to use face- coverings properly and wash your hands before putting them on and taking them off."'"

Sorry for not being more specific, I'll try harder next time.
However, the point still stands.

There is now an instant need for several million face coverings and remembering what happened with Toilet rolls (or is that Toilet tissue) and flour, rice, pasta etc, is there sufficient stock of these items in the UK ?

Btw, you best have a word with the BBC, they have a how to make your own FACE MASK article on the daily coronavirus thread icon_surprised.gifops:

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: Sal Paradise "Given that most of the morons who don't follow the rules are young who mostly vote Labour I suggest your views are without either substance or validity.

I suppose the Tory voters like to have some input into their life - they don't need the control of the state like you lefties.'"

Absolute nonsense.
Have you been in a supermarket lately ?

The people going in in pairs and not observing social distancing are middle aged / older people who have "always gone together" and 9/10 have a copy of the Mail and Express in their trolley (or trollies, as they now trundle round the shop in a mini convoy.
They are the same generation who say, we got through this, that or, the other and carry on, even though they are the most vulnerable. My own parents are guilty of doing just this but, trying to get them to change their habits is impossible and they're too stubborn to listen.
Yes, at the other end of the scale are the "yoof", some who obey the rules to the letter and others who please themselves, without thought or consequence for how their actions may affect others.

If you can tell me which one of these groups are likely to vote Labour, I'll get a message to Kier Starmer because he's going to need some extra votes c020.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2215No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2020Aug 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: wrencat1873 "Absolute nonsense.
Have you been in a supermarket lately ?

The people going in in pairs and not observing social distancing are middle aged / older people who have "always gone together" and 9/10 have a copy of the Mail and Express in their trolley (or trollies, as they now trundle round the shop in a mini convoy.
They are the same generation who say, we got through this, that or, the other and carry on, even though they are the most vulnerable. My own parents are guilty of doing just this but, trying to get them to change their habits is impossible and they're too stubborn to listen.
Yes, at the other end of the scale are the "yoof", some who obey the rules to the letter and others who please themselves, without thought or consequence for how their actions may affect others.

If you can tell me which one of these groups are likely to vote Labour, I'll get a message to Kier Starmer because he's going to need some extra votes Have to agree with you on this point, I don't think a specific demographic voter is flouting the rules, heck, some of the Governments own ministers can't stay within the rules. Changing the message was a mistake, the balancebetween needing people back to work (in reality, getting the furlough bill down) is a very fine one. In hindsight (am I allowed that, with me being a Conservative?) furlough should only have been made available to business with a certain range of turnover, staff numbers, cash and assets etc. But there are a lot of things we would all change with hindsight.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7770
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: IR80 "Have to agree with you on this point, I don't think a specific demographic voter is flouting the rules, heck, some of the Governments own ministers can't stay within the rules. Changing the message was a mistake, the balancebetween needing people back to work (in reality, getting the furlough bill down) is a very fine one. In hindsight (am I allowed that, with me being a Conservative?) furlough should only have been made available to business with a certain range of turnover, staff numbers, cash and assets etc. But there are a lot of things we would all change with hindsight.'"

See we can agree icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: IR80 "Have to agree with you on this point, I don't think a specific demographic voter is flouting the rules, heck, some of the Governments own ministers can't stay within the rules. Changing the message was a mistake, the balancebetween needing people back to work (in reality, getting the furlough bill down) is a very fine one. In hindsight (am I allowed that, with me being a Conservative?) furlough should only have been made available to business with a certain range of turnover, staff numbers, cash and assets etc. But there are a lot of things we would all change with hindsight.'"

Personally, if a business can run "safely"(as much as is reasonably possible and it's employees are not vulnerable, they should be doing so.
Clearly, allowing those who are carers or "vulnerable" need to be shielding anyway but, the show must go on.

Having said that, with the huge downturn in the ecconomy, many businesses are more than happy to be able to furlough their staff, as there is no work for them to be doing.
I dont think the government had too much choice in doing something quite drastic though, as we all need to eat and without some "reasonable" income, people would have simply ignored the lockdown and continued with their normal routine.

I do think that there needs to be some easing of restrictions between families seeing one another, if not, people will simply ignore the advice and see each other anyway.
You do wonder what happens when it starts raining. We have been lucky with the weather over the last 6-8 weeks and queuing is no great hardship when the sun is shining but, everyone will be a whole load more impatient when they are getting soaked.

566 posts in 39 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
566 posts in 39 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.95947265625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Seeking favourite images from grounds - past or present
retrosports
Recent
Questions for Ste Mills
Jacko1500mm
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
29s
Questions for Ste Mills
Jacko1500mm
31s
Recruitment rumours and links
Or thane
33s
Leigh it is
moto748
49s
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
morleys_deck
1m
Season tickets
Ilkley Fax
1m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
leedsbarmyar
1m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Emagdnim13
1m
Film game
Boss Hog
1m
Betting 2024
karetaker
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Seeking favourite images from grounds - past or present
retrosports
TODAY
Grand final Tickets
NickyKiss
TODAY
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
RLFANS News
TODAY
Refs referring it to video as a try or not
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Questions for Ste Mills
Jacko1500mm
TODAY
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
TODAY
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
morleys_deck
TODAY
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
Tony Fax
TODAY
Sam Burgess
morleys_deck
TODAY
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fightback To Secure Grand Final Spot
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
Or thane
TODAY
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
TODAY
2024 IMG gradings
Victor
TODAY
Championship Awards
FIL
TODAY
Season tickets
Ilkley Fax
TODAY
Best Semi
sir adrian m
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
AgbriggAmble
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Gran..
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M 2,762 80,13214,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       Championship 2024-R29
15:00
Bradford
v
Featherstone
       League One 2024-R26
Keighley
v
Hunslet
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sat 12th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R30
18:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sat 12th Oct
SL
18:00
Hull KR-Wigan
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 5th Oct
CH 29 York27-10Widnes
SL 29 Wigan38-0Leigh
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 28 759 336 423 46
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 29 580 442 138 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 28 682 479 203 32
Widnes 27 561 502 59 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22