Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7.gif
:7.gif

At the risk of agreeing with some of the very people I can't stand - the presence of guns in a society is not [ia posteriori[/i evidence of wide-scale gun violence. Canada has enough firearms in circulation to win half-a-dozen world wars and yet, despite its proximity to the States, doesn't suffer anywhere near the same number of casualties.

Americans have always feared the untrammeled violence of the state and widespread circulation of firearms was meant to discourage anyone from curtailing those freedoms many of their European ancestors didn't enjoy. I think the fear was and remains reasonable and so was the solution. That said, whilst prior to WWI citizen militias could probably hold their own against armies of the state, pitted against satellite imagery, Apache "Longbow" helicopters and Hellfire missiles it's doubtful the Minutemen could offer anything more than token resistance.

It's very difficult to argue for gun ownership in Britain without keyboards being tossed into the air in horror and mothers ushering their kids out of the room. Invariably the response is [i"Guns kill people, duh!"[/i and before long one or more people are being labeled Nazis. If you are lucky enough to get beyond first base and point out that against the British state we have almost no means of defence should we need it the reply then is something along the lines of [i"We're not likely to"[/i. Given this country's long and bloody history in addition to the huge number of problems which have broken on us or are about to (the current economic malaise, the far greater one when this last debt bubble we've created implodes on us, global warming, peak oil, global shortages of water, food and other finite resources, overpopulation etc.) I'd say this is a naive assumption.

Why it is that there is almost complete unanimity on the question of guns in society is an interesting question. After all, alcohol has always been a far bigger killer than firearms in Britain yet you don't see 95% of people arguing to ban it. I think it's no-coincidence that the government and the media combined (in one of those rare moments when both sing exclusively from the same hymn sheet, which should be suspicious in itself) to hit guns when they were at their weakest post-Hungerford following decades when civil unrest was a major political issue (the miners' strike, Poll Tax etc.)

Returning to the US, I'd argue that it is the proliferation of guns [iwithin a fundamentally corrupt and unjust, militaristic and economically polarised nation deeply divided along lines of race, religion and class [/i that leads to widespread gun violence.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3605No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
67953_1341943970.jpg
Someday everything is gonna be different, when I paint my masterpiece ---------------------------------------------------------- [url=http://garykitchen.co.uk/:lnkxkae0]Online art gallery, selling original landscape artwork[/url:lnkxkae0] ---------------------------------------------------------- [url=http://jerrychicken.wordpress.com/:lnkxkae0]JerryChicken - The Blog[/url:lnkxkae0] ----------------------------------------------------------:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_67953.jpg

Quote: Mugwump "

It's very difficult to argue for gun ownership in Britain without keyboards being tossed into the air in horror and mothers ushering their kids out of the room. Invariably the response is [i"Guns kill people, duh!"[/i and before long one or more people are being labeled Nazis. If you are lucky enough to get beyond first base and point out that against the British state we have almost no means of defence should we need it the reply then is something along the lines of [i"We're not likely to"[/i. Given this country's long and bloody history in addition to the huge number of problems which have broken on us or are about to (the current economic malaise, the far greater one when this last debt bubble we've created implodes on us, global warming, peak oil, global shortages of water, food and other finite resources, overpopulation etc.) I'd say this is a naive assumption.

'"

The problem with a reasoned argument in favour of gun control is that ultimately the reasoned argument becomes meaningless when the gun licensing laws are made obsolete and they are on sale in Asda.

At that point every citizen who hasn't got a big enough cock wants the biggest gun that Asda stock that christmas whilst every citizen who can't be d working for a living but prefers robbing instead is also stood behind them in the checkout queue looking over their shoulder and wondering if they picked up enough ammunition or whether they should go back and get some grenades as well.

Its pointless telling those with small cocks, the criminal and the ones with brains that don't quite work the same way as the rest of us that the right to bear arms is purely for protection against an over-zealous state, should that ever happen, when that statement will whizz by fifty miles above their heads and you end up with the same situation here that they have in many areas of the US where YOU buy a gun because you want to shoot a burglar dead should you ever be visited by one, or the bloke down your street has got a gun and you know for a fact that he's a nut-job and you want to protect your family on the day when he finally flips.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member7174No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3180.jpg
:3180.jpg

Quote: christopher "The scary thing is I've just heard an American guy on the news saying that maybe an answer is to have teachers armed so they can protect themselves'"

The same point. Was put to a ex teacher who lives near the incident. The person asking this was a BBC news reporter.

So its not just those crazy Yanks.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5594
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6329_1327085433.jpg
...Diagnosing SBD (Sporting Bipolar Disorder) since 2003... Negs bringing down the tone of your forum? Keyboard Bell-endery tiresome? Embarrassed by some of your own fans? Then you need... TheButcher I must be STOPPED!! Vice Chairman of The Scarlet Turkey Clique Grand Wizard Shill of Nibiru Prime & Dark Globe Champion Chairman of 'The Neil Barker School for gifted Clowns' "A Local Forum. For Local People":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6329.jpg

Quote: Mugwump "Returning to the US, I'd argue that it is the proliferation of guns [iwithin a fundamentally corrupt and unjust, militaristic and economically polarised nation deeply divided along lines of race, religion and class [/i that leads to widespread gun violence.'"

I think that sentence sums it up nicely. Gun laws on there own wont do a great deal in a Nation that is fundamentally Paranoid.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00004.gif
Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????:disney/00004.gif

Quote: guess who "The same point. Was put to a ex teacher who lives near the incident. The person asking this was a BBC news reporter.

So its not just those crazy Yanks.'"

But it is a valid point. If all the Teachers were armed they could have taken out the Gunman.

Although if the gunman was a teacher then that would make it worse.

Now if all of the children had been armed and trained then they could have taken out the gunman and would also be able to take out any crazed teachers who pose a risk to them.

The problem with America is that not everyone has a gun. If all the unarmed were armed that problem would be solved. I do feel that they should put Gun training on the curriculum for all children aged over five and that it is the duty of all parents to buy their children a gun at the age of five as a type of coming of age present.

Maybe that is what the gun lobby should be pushing

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach519No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2014Dec 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
36663_1388080978.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_36663.gif

Quote: TheButcher "I think that sentence sums it up nicely. Gun laws on there own wont do a great deal in a Nation that is fundamentally Paranoid.'"

Nail....hammer....head.

The best you will ever get is a law restricting ownership to possibly one gun per household, and maybe a maximum amount of ammunition also.

I wouldn't expect that to happen any time soon though.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1978No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2023Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22483_1351031655.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_22483.jpg

Quote: rumpelstiltskin "Nail....hammer....head.

The best you will ever get is a law restricting ownership to possibly one gun per household, and maybe a maximum amount of ammunition also.

I wouldn't expect that to happen any time soon though.'"

If guns were instanly banned tomorrow, it would probably take 50-100 years before guns did not become readily available, because of the sheer amount of guns in that country.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2153No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4998.jpg
Diablo1967 said ''A pub-landlord running a professional sporting outfit in the best league in the hemisphere? Laughable'':4998.jpg

Quote: "

Yes, guns do kill people, but you still would need to justify why you would need and want to own a hand gun in the first place. The police don't want to be armed, and if we had referendum the outcome would be the same, the people of this country don't want guns in society. As for no defence against the state, so what, should I be having paranoid delusions that one morning I going to wake up and find myself under martial law?

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman28357
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
973_1515165968.gif
Last edited by Ferocious Aardvark on stardate Jun 26, 3013 11:27 am, edited 48,562,867,458,300,023 times in total:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_973.gif

Quote: Him "Yep. Although I seem to remember something similar happening here just after the 7/7 bombings. Every country has its weirdos and idiots, it's just America appears to have a larger proportion than most.'"

Whilst there's no disputing that they have a lot, they wouldn't be anywhere near the top of the list. If you substitute the emotive terms "weirdos and idiots", with "people who randomly murder large groups of strangers" then you'll agree there are more dangerous places in the world. Would you feel your kids were safer in Connecticut, Helmand, Kabul, Bogota, or the Gaza Strip?

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman28357
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
973_1515165968.gif
Last edited by Ferocious Aardvark on stardate Jun 26, 3013 11:27 am, edited 48,562,867,458,300,023 times in total:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_973.gif

Quote: Durham Giant "But it is a valid point. If all the Teachers were armed they could have taken out the Gunman.

Although if the gunman was a teacher then that would make it worse.

Now if all of the children had been armed and trained then they could have taken out the gunman and would also be able to take out any crazed teachers who pose a risk to them.

The problem with America is that not everyone has a gun. If all the unarmed were armed that problem would be solved. I do feel that they should put Gun training on the curriculum for all children aged over five and that it is the duty of all parents to buy their children a gun at the age of five as a type of coming of age present.

Maybe that is what the gun lobby should be pushing'"

Can't disagree with a word of that. the only thing I would add is each child U-5 top becompulsorily accompanied by an armed guard paired up from the 5-11 age group. Ammunition vending machines on each corridor would be good too.

RankPostsTeam
Administrator25122No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7.gif
:7.gif

Obama is already calling for "meaningful action" against gun crime. But [iwhat kind[/i of meaningful action?

The wise choice would be to conduct a well-financed, independent enquiry which, rather than focusing narrowly on technicalities such as this or that particular caliber or semi-automatic vs fully automatic etc., instead looks at gun violence as a [iproduct of its socio-economic context.[/i

Unfortunately, my guess is Obama means pouring more of the state's money into the burgeoning commercial market for domestic militarization. Since the election of Ronald Reagan the dividing line between the police and the military blurred increasingly (and, more importantly, worryingly). Post 9/11, George W. Bush's Patriot Act and perhaps, worst of all, Obama it no longer exists. In cities such as New York, Orlando and Los Angeles the police are now equipped with the very same technologies as those employed by the US Marines on the streets of Kabul. Congressmen bankrolled by defence contractors such as Lockheed and even BAE are lobbying for multi-billion dollar contracts to purchase unmanned drones, armoured vehicles and assault weapons under the specious rubric of "urban pacification". The investigative reporter Jeremy Scahill noted that the first people into New Orleans immediately after hurricane Katrina were the highly-controversial mercenary army, Blackwater (now absurdly titled, "Academi"icon_wink.gif. When California was recently threatened by a spate of brush fires it wasn't FEMA which was called out to manage the situation but the US Army. The FBI now has sufficient weapons and materiel to start a war against several small nations [iat once[/i with the expectation of victory. The CIA, which is constitutionally forbidden from actions within the United States now no longer even operates under a pretense. In the last decade over 70 so-called "Fusion Centres" have been set up domestically (with at least one in each state) to collate, organise and interpret intelligence gathered on US citizens. Recently, an alarming case came to light where a 20 year old woman who had done nothing more than work as a volunteer on Ron Paul's election campaign discovered she had been blacklisted as a potential threat to national security. Attempts by activists to clarify this decision were met by an overwhelming shield of secrecy. Then there are the newly created internment camps designed not just for terrorists but anyone the state deems a threat. Observers note that these camps are uniformly identified in an innocuous fashion in order to mislead the public, but it's pretty difficult to argue such a purpose when you see triple barbed-wire fences pointing inwards, guard towers etc. Even more alarming is their positioning adjacent to rail lines which has caused more than one commentator to make the obvious connection to German concentration camps.

It would be wrong to claim Americans are now living in a police state. But post 9/11 I think it is reasonable to suggest they are closer today than at any point in history. Moreover, it wouldn't take an enormous effort to push it over the precipice. I think there are more than a few parallels with the Wiemar Republic which ultimately dissolved into fascism when the same kind of debt bubble that exists in America today collapsed. If I lived stateside I'd be hoping the stars don't converge to juxtapose the inevitable financial meltdown with another domestic terrorist attack. Where THAT might lead I'd be too worried to contemplate.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member6038No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2017Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The perception amongst many Americans is that gun controls would result in the good guys giving up their guns, whilst the bad guys keep theirs. They still see the main threat to them coming from the armed burglar or mugger rather than the deranged mass killer.

Until he can come up with a viable plan that will convince the population that controls will reduce the number of guns in the hands of the bad guys, Obama will struggle to pass any meaningful legislation.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member18802No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons42da_files/4921-2354mikeypl8-msnicons.jpg
Science flies people to the moon. Religion flies people into buildings.:icons42da_files/4921-2354mikeypl8-msnicons.jpg

I'm certainly not going to America anytime soon. You could get shot at anytime and anywhere by an unhinged person.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member37704No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2051.jpg
The older I get, the better I was Advice is what we seek when we already know the answer - but wish we didn't I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full-frontal lobotomy ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ kirkstaller wrote: "All DNA shows is that we have a common creator." cod'ead wrote: "I have just snotted weissbier all over my keyboard & screen" ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ "No amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin." - Aneurin Bevan:2051.jpg

What happens when you mix Monday Night Football, a black, Democrat President, a mass shooting tragedy and a bunch of rednecks?

rlTHISrl

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member13554No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3357_1596183529.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3357.jpg

The attitude of some Americans sickens me it really does, and having seen some clips on u tube I can't believe I actually have a bot of respect for Piers Morgan for sticking it too some of the gun toting idiots in the media.

The gun situation isn't a simple fix but the attitude of the gun living people over there is that if there were more guns then things like the mass shootings would be less likely to happen. Which is just crazy.

One argument I've heard is that law abiding citizens shouldn't be punished for the criminals actions, but the fact of the mater is, the mother of the guy who shot all those people on Friday was a law abiding citizen and she had a semi automatic rifle in her house, and also the kid that did it was also law abiding until he snapped. ATEOTD no ordinary citizen needs a semi automatic assault rifle at their disposal, and the people that do want these are the sort of people that shouldn't be allowed them.

this article in the guardian sums some of the attitudes of the gun toting idiots up

www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... f-comments
The attitude of some Americans sickens me it really does, and having seen some clips on u tube I can't believe I actually have a bot of respect for Piers Morgan for sticking it too some of the gun toting idiots in the media.

The gun situation isn't a simple fix but the attitude of the gun living people over there is that if there were more guns then things like the mass shootings would be less likely to happen. Which is just crazy.

One argument I've heard is that law abiding citizens shouldn't be punished for the criminals actions, but the fact of the mater is, the mother of the guy who shot all those people on Friday was a law abiding citizen and she had a semi automatic rifle in her house, and also the kid that did it was also law abiding until he snapped. ATEOTD no ordinary citizen needs a semi automatic assault rifle at their disposal, and the people that do want these are the sort of people that shouldn't be allowed them.

this article in the guardian sums some of the attitudes of the gun toting idiots up

www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... f-comments

100 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
100 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.744140625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Lower Crease
32m
Best Semi
Barstool Pre
42m
Seth Nikotemo
Start@1873
60m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
Recent
Film game
Boss Hog
Recent
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
BP1
Recent
Proposed rule changes 2025
tad rhino
Recent
Man of Steel
matt_wire
Recent
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
Recent
Rumours thread
vastman
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Leigh it is
NickyKiss
1m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
2m
Fev H Play Off
Wigan Bull
2m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
2m
Man of Steel
matt_wire
2m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
3m
Planning for next season
Jack Gaskell
3m
2025 membership/renewals
BP1
3m
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
3m
Recruitment rumours and links
MorePlaymake
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Best Semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Lower Crease
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
Kick and cha
TODAY
Squad for HKR
matt_wire
TODAY
Proposed rule changes 2025
tad rhino
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Wigan Bull
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
Khlav Kalash
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Kevin Turvey
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
Douglas Blac
TODAY
2025 Squad
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
2024 Season Review
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
McNamara interview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
French Elite 1 season 2024/2025 Thread
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Butcher
TODAY
2025 membership/renewals
BP1
TODAY
Hull FC ladies
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Kai
Cokey
TODAY
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Wakefield v Dons - Sunday 29 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
The play-offs
Ckt2487
TODAY
This years play off series
matt_wire
TODAY
Leigh it is
NickyKiss
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Play Off SF
Cokey
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 3,029 80,12914,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TOMORROW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
20:00
Hull KR
v
Warrington
 Sat 5th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sun 6th Oct
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       Championship 2024-R29
15:00
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
       League One 2024-R26
Keighley
v
Hunslet
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 4th Oct
SL
20:00
Hull KR-Warrington
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22