FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > The Sin Bin > Brexit Anyone ? (part 3)
1405 posts in 95 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4647
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50733_1530270912.jpg
[color=#000000:ogl9gbum]"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."[/color:ogl9gbum]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50733.jpg

Quote: Mild Rover "The desperate outrage on the Tory benches was comical.'"

The last time I saw someone behave like James Cleverly did was at middle school circa 1989. "I saw it sir, I saw him say it".

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: ThePrinter "People should be happy to fight for a better future...but only if what they think is a better future matches your opinion.

My vision of the future seems relatively easy to predics, Brxit still has a HUGE element of crossed fingers and ideological hope.
Remember, the trade deal still hasn't been started upon yet and given our "quality" negotiating that we've whitnessed so far, do you think our future looks brighter and do you expect to be better or worse off as a result of leave.

Our government cant agree a way forward among the cabinet, nevwr mind havinANY vision for a brighter future.

Turkeys voting for Christmas is what I thought at the time and as the festive period gathers momentum, there has been NOTHING to change my mind.

Even the main issue of immigration has been a smaoke screen for increasing immigration from outside the EU, ironic or what d040.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7152
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Jun 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12389.gif
:12389.gif

Quote: Mild Rover "The desperate outrage on the Tory benches was comical.'"

Do you honestly think the reaction would have been any different if it had been a Tory minister? Get real.

In fact, it's very interesting watching left-wingers playing the whole thing down...all the while knowing full well if (for example) Philip Hammond had been seen saying the same thing the anti-Tory frenzy would be on another scale and he'd have been forced to resign by now.

You know, and I know it.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12642
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33809_1522680904.png
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_33809.png

Quote: Cronus "Do you honestly think the reaction would have been any different if it had been a Tory minister? Get real.

In fact, it's very interesting watching left-wingers playing the whole thing down...all the while knowing full well if (for example) Philip Hammond had been seen saying the same thing the anti-Tory frenzy would be on another scale and he'd have been forced to resign by now.

You know, and I know it.'"

No, my bias is in the opposite direction.

If anything, I think the Tories are more likely to get a pass because nobody expects better of them.

While anti-semitism in the Labour Party feels shocking to me, charges of islamophobia against in the Conservative party... well, what else would we expect?

Also, there’s no definitive evidence and if you don’t think a Tory could brazen this out, then I don’t think you have been watching properly.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman17139No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
755_1290430740.jpg
“At last, a real, Tory budget,” Daily Mail 24/9/22 "It may be that the honourable gentleman doesn't like mixing with his own side … but we on this side have a more convivial, fraternal spirit." Jacob Rees-Mogg 21/10/21 A member of the Guardian-reading, tofu-eating wokerati.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_755.jpg

Bless the ickle snowflake right wingers getting outraged. What Corbyn did was wrong. What he should have done was walk across the floor & snotted the stupid cow. An outraged party & woman who only a few days ago gave the whip back to 2 MPs who had sent thousands of explicit sexual messages. A woman whose actions are destroying the country, its health, education & social services, killing hundreds of homeless, putting record numbers on the streets, yet thinks it is acceptable to behave like the privileged upper class ponce in a high school drama lesson, cheered on by her parasitic fags, in the supposed home of intellectual debate.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15521
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50722_1319672516.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50722.jpg

Quote: Cronus "Do you honestly think the reaction would have been any different if it had been a Tory minister? Get real.

You know, and I know it.'"

Own goal alert!

Phillip Hammond referred to his fellow Tory MP, and prominent swivel-eyed unicorn salesperson Andrea Jenkyns, as a "stupid woman" in July; she brushed it off as part of the "cut and thrust of politics."

Not to mention:

David Cameron to Angela Eagle: "Calm down dear"
Nicholas Soames to a female Labour MP: "woof woof"
William Hague to female Labour MP: "stupid stupid woman"
Boris Johnson to Emily Thornberry: "The noble and learned The Baroness whatever it is"

And lets not forget that the prominent feminist and enabler of women in parliament Theresa May, restored the whip to 2 alleged sex pests in her own party, just to get their support in the confidence vote - to a deafening silence from the MSM.

But you're right - sexism is very definitely one of the growing list of isms that Corbyn is labelled with every time the Tories are in hot water; it's almost as if they're trying to distract us...

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7152
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Jun 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12389.gif

Quote: tigertot "Bless the ickle snowflake right wingers getting outraged. What Corbyn did was wrong. What he should have done was walk across the floor & snotted the stupid cow. An outraged party & woman who only a few days ago gave the whip back to 2 MPs who had sent thousands of explicit sexual messages. A woman whose actions are destroying the country, its health, education & social services, killing hundreds of homeless, putting record numbers on the streets, yet thinks it is acceptable to behave like the privileged upper class ponce in a high school drama lesson, cheered on by her parasitic fags, in the supposed home of intellectual debate.'"

And she speaks so highly of you. icon_lol.gif

No, what he should do is stop gambling on a reasonable Brexit deal in the hope of creating so much chaos and damage he gets a shot at No.10.

Because unless you're a complete blithering idiot, it should be clear that's what's going on. Labour is throwing us all off a cliff to get a General Election.

Yes, there is some division with the Tory party - but this policy of 'Tories out at any cost' from several parties is taking us all down the path of No Deal. And you know what, the public can see it. Labour think they'll win votes if Brexit implodes? They could be surprised.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7152
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Jun 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12389.gif

Quote: bren2k "Own goal alert!

Phillip Hammond referred to his fellow Tory MP, and prominent swivel-eyed unicorn salesperson Andrea Jenkyns, as a "stupid woman" in July; she brushed it off as part of the "cut and thrust of politics."

Not to mention
So those were all unacceptable, but what Corbyn said isn't? Make your mind up.

Today's increasingly aggressive climate around any hint of misogyny is far more critical and unforgiving than it ever has been, by some degree - yet lefty lovies reel off their excuses when Emperor Jezza gets caught out.

And yeah, I'm sure you'd have been so chilled about it if it had been a Tory. icon_lol.gif

In all honesty, I really don't care WHAT he said. I detest this culture of trial by (social) media and forced resignations for relatively minor indiscretions - as I've said on here many times. What I'm chuckling at is the massive hypocrisy from Labour and the anti-Tory brigade.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15521
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50722_1319672516.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50722.jpg

Quote: Cronus "So those were all unacceptable, but what Corbyn said isn't? Make your mind up.'"

Calm down dear - you're transposing your faux outrage onto me.

You said:

"In fact, it's very interesting watching left-wingers playing the whole thing down...all the while knowing full well if (for example) Philip Hammond had been seen saying the same thing the anti-Tory frenzy would be on another scale and he'd have been forced to resign by now."

Which clearly isn't the case, because the last time I checked, spreadsheet Phil is still sitting pretty in no 11, despite saying *exactly* the words that you wish Corbyn had said, but with an extra "stupid" thrown in for good measure.

This whole thing is a dead cat - and the media are complicit; meanwhile, people are literally dying on the streets. It's pathetic - I'm off to fly my drone.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12642
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33809_1522680904.png
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_33809.png

Quote: Cronus "And she speaks so highly of you.
It is an interesting conundrum from a labour perspective.

Whatever your position on Brexit, it is clear that for either of the parties realistically capable of forming a government it is political poison, and they have to mitigate the damage it will do to them.

It may fall to Labour to save the country from the worst potential outcomes of a Tory-initiated Brexit, but they have to be very wary of getting Clegged. They have sat on the fence and May’s delays are rapidly narrowing everybody’s options. They may end up having to abstain in protest (which probably looks like an abdication of responsibility) or give their MPs a free vote (which looks like indecision), to get us all off the no-deal hook. However, asking them to properly dip their hands in the blood at this late stage isn’t realistic.

Maybe it should have been negotiated by a cross-party group. That’d have gone well, i’m sure!

As it is, the choices are finally clear and none of them are good. Tick tock.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: Cronus "And she speaks so highly of you.

You're starting to sound a little bit worried. ??

Remind me just how many times we've been told by "leave" that the cliff edge was something made up by "projet fear" and that "we" had taken back control and even you have said that it would be alittle worse in the short term but that it "is a price worth paying".

Instead of going it alone and dismissing ALL of the opposition parties and their MP's, Mrs May needed to engage with ALL PM's at the outset and listen to some of the genuine concerns, especially in Scotland and N.Ireland but, she deliberately chose not to and now, you expect MP's from other parties to "help" her out of her very own mess ??

Instead of mocking "project fear" she should have adopted an inclusive strategy and reached accross the "house" but, not a bloody chance and now the stupid woman is gmabling everything on opposition MP's getting nervous about "no deal" and to back her at the 11th hour. FFS, what did she expect.

Just remember, YOU (along with 51.9% of those who voted) are getting what you voted for, chaos and another ecconomic shock, at a time when we are, despite Mrs May's comments, still trying to fight our way out of 10 years of austerity cuts.

May sacrificed a Tory majority when she held her "strong and stable" election and she should have resigned when HER deal was found to be so poor.

Whatever happened to "no deal is better than a bad deal", spouted by so many prominent leavers ??

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12642
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33809_1522680904.png

Yeah, that’s what i’m curious about from a Leave perspective. For them no Brexit remains a no-no (fair enough, we had a vote) - so which do they prefer now? No deal or May’s deal? And how happy are they with that?

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7152
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Jun 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12389.gif

Quote: bren2k "Calm down dear - you're transposing your faux outrage onto me.'"

Please, outrage? Did you read the last paragraph?

I don't do outrage. icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7152
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Jun 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12389.gif

Quote: Mild Rover "Yeah, that’s what i’m curious about from a Leave perspective. For them no Brexit remains a no-no (fair enough, we had a vote) - so which do they prefer now? No deal or May’s deal? And how happy are they with that?'"

The strategists at Labour HQ don't care. They want No.10 and they want it by any means. They think that if they can drive Brexit to a no-deal (or even remain in the EU), they can all blame the Tories and force a General Election.

Truth is, Corbyn is a Euro-sceptic of many decades. Meanwhile, the new Corbynite Labour members are pro-remain while much of Labour's traditional heartlands are strongly for leave. They're wrestling with themselves.

Thing is, I'm far from convinced they would even win a GE. Corbyn is unelectable for many and the public aren't so stupid as not to see who has driven us to no-deal.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12642
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33809_1522680904.png

Quote: Cronus "The strategists at Labour HQ don't care.'"

Perhaps they don’t, but it’s not them asking. icon_smile.gif

Do you think May’s deal is good? Or merely better than crashing out?

FWIW, given that Cameron’s first shot was into the deep rough, she went to grab an iron and pulled out a putter (that’s the election), and her caddy is pointing enthusiastically towards the water hazard (that’s the ERG), I think she’s done alright.

1405 posts in 95 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
1405 posts in 95 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.240234375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Recruitment rumours and links
Kevin Turvey
8m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Jrrhino
12m