FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > The Sin Bin > Ding Dong the wicked witch is dead...
1031 posts in 70 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1034No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Jul 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: HullFC50 "There must have been a hell of a lot of depaived people around when Hitler died then!'"

I think people were just celebrating the end of the war and the fact that they had survived.

What does Thatcher's death mean really?

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman14845No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2021Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
143_1357419061.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_143.jpg

Do you think there may be any fall out after her funeral? Given the squeeze on families up and down the country could divisions resurface and civil unrest ensue? I've a sneaky feeling this may occur and Mrs Thatcher's death could be the trigger.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2021Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
143_1357419061.jpg

I was interested to read today that the British people's wealth is now its highest ever. Perhaps one of the better legacies of Mrs Thatcher?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1230No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The question is do you believe in a society where the State serves the people or one where the individual serves the State?

Do you believe in a society based on fairness and justice - where the individual is able to enjoy the fruits of his labour and talent - or one based on envy and slavery - where the State exploits the individual by stealing the fruits of his labour (egged on by its supporters who are filled with envy and jealousy of those people more successful and thus want to "get the rich"icon_wink.gif through the threat of force in order to distribute it to its cronies?

Do you believe in a society governed by its elected representatives or by an unelected minority group led by a Stalinist megalomaniac?

Do you believe in a society whereby people think about their duties and how they can help others, or one where people think only of their rights and how they can take from others?

Do you believe in a society where the individual takes responsibility for helping his family, neighbours and fellow citizens or a walk-on-by society where people ignore those around them because it is the State's job to do something about it?

Do you believe in a society based on reaction rather than progress - a society that sticks with outdated, dying and massive loss-making industries because it is what we are used to, or one which moves forward with the times and consequences of the modern globalised world? Presumably if you prefer the former you would also have been amongst the many people in the 19th century who protested against the move from an agricultural to industrial society.

Do you believe in a world where totalitarian nations such as Argentina, Iraq and the Soviet Union are able to invade and impose their rule on their neighbours, or do you believe in a world where the peoples of the Falkland Islands, Eastern Europe and Kuwait are free to choose their own governments and ways of living?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1230No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Dally "I was interested to read today that the British people's wealth is now its highest ever. Perhaps one of the better legacies of Mrs Thatcher?'"

Have you not noticed that we have not had to beg the IMF for a bailout since 1979? Or that bodies are buried now or that people work the full 5 days or that power cuts are a rarity? Or that even the "very poor" are able to afford TVs, cars, smart-phones, 3 meals a day, computer game consoles, holidays, clothes etc?

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2021Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
143_1357419061.jpg

Quote: David Titan "The question is do you believe in a society where the State serves the people or one where the individual serves the State?

Do you believe in a society based on fairness and justice - where the individual is able to enjoy the fruits of his labour and talent - or one based on envy and slavery - where the State exploits the individual by stealing the fruits of his labour (egged on by its supporters who are filled with envy and jealousy of those people more successful and thus want to "get the rich"icon_wink.gif through the threat of force in order to distribute it to its cronies?

Do you believe in a society governed by its elected representatives or by an unelected minority group led by a Stalinist megalomaniac?

Do you believe in a society whereby people think about their duties and how they can help others, or one where people think only of their rights and how they can take from others?

Do you believe in a society where the individual takes responsibility for helping his family, neighbours and fellow citizens or a walk-on-by society where people ignore those around them because it is the State's job to do something about it?

Do you believe in a society based on reaction rather than progress - a society that sticks with outdated, dying and massive loss-making industries because it is what we are used to, or one which moves forward with the times and consequences of the modern globalised world? Presumably if you prefer the former you would also have been amongst the many people in the 19th century who protested against the move from an agricultural to industrial society.

Do you believe in a world where totalitarian nations such as Argentina, Iraq and the Soviet Union are able to invade and impose their rule on their neighbours, or do you believe in a world where the peoples of the Falkland Islands, Eastern Europe and Kuwait are free to choose their own governments and ways of living?'"

I believe in a world where the young are not resentful and envious of older people and one where the young individual uses their enegies, like their forefathers did, to build a better country for all rather than feeling hard done too like a latter day supporter of Scargill.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16170No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40218_1286737075.jpg
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. (Winston Churchill):d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40218.jpg

Quote: Ovavoo "Not to make it personal but you really are the original Thatchers child. Had you been a child in 1930's Berlin what would your future be now?

Apologist for Hitler?'"

People always resort to Hitler when they can't think up a coherent argument.

Or when they want to make themselves look a complete t!t.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16170No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40218_1286737075.jpg
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. (Winston Churchill):d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40218.jpg

Quote: Dally "Do you think there may be any fall out after her funeral? Given the squeeze on families up and down the country could divisions resurface and civil unrest ensue? I've a sneaky feeling this may occur and Mrs Thatcher's death could be the trigger.'"

I think there will be very tight security around Thatcher's funeral.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2021Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
143_1357419061.jpg

Quote: David Titan "Have you not noticed that we have not had to beg the IMF for a bailout since 1979? Or that bodies are buried now or that people work the full 5 days or that power cuts are a rarity? Or that even the "very poor" are able to afford TVs, cars, smart-phones, 3 meals a day, computer game consoles, holidays, clothes etc?'"

Even the young?

Power cuts are coming though.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1230No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Dally "I believe in a world where the young are not resentful and envious of older people and one where the young individual uses their enegies, like their forefathers did, to build a better country for all rather than feeling hard done too like a latter day supporter of Scargill.'"

Of course I am resentful of middle-aged people destroying this economy and burdening the nation with ever-rising levels debt, the consequences of which the young will suffer for the rest of their lives, because of their addiction to welfare and living beyond their means. What is going on is inter-generation theft, it is quite rightful to be resentful. Given the indignation and outraged of the middle-aged when a small group of youngsters destroyed some shops and stole some TVs/trainers back in the riots a few years ago, I would say I have a perfect right to be resentful of the destruction of millions of jobs/futures and the large-scale theft of this country's finances. Would you not be resentful if a gang of thieves stole your house and all your belongings, and then your insurance company refused to pay out so you had to pick up the bill?

Not sure how that makes me envious though.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2021Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
143_1357419061.jpg

Quote: David Titan "Of course I am resentful of middle-aged people destroying this economy and burdening the nation with ever-rising levels debt, the consequences of which the young will suffer for the rest of their lives, because of their addiction to welfare and living beyond their means. What is going on is inter-generation theft, it is quite rightful to be resentful. Would you not be resentful if a gang of thieves stole your house and all your belongings, and then your insurance company refused to pay out so you had to pick up the bill?

Not sure how that makes me envious though.'"

But you've accepted youself that you've been born into the UK at its wealthiest time in history. Surely, that says something to you?

For all their faults the baby boomers were born in the austerity of Post WW2 Britain with rationing, etc. From the bankrupt ashes of WW2 Britain their parents and them have built a country for your generation that is the richest it has ever been. Maybe if you encouraged your generation to "party" less and show a bit of responsibility and drive your generation could take us forward as far again over the next 60 odd years? Do I expect it? No - born too rich to have any desire or drive.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member37704No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2051.jpg
The older I get, the better I was Advice is what we seek when we already know the answer - but wish we didn't I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full-frontal lobotomy ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ kirkstaller wrote: "All DNA shows is that we have a common creator." cod'ead wrote: "I have just snotted weissbier all over my keyboard & screen" ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ "No amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin." - Aneurin Bevan:2051.jpg

Quote: David Titan "Have you not noticed that we have not had to beg the IMF for a bailout since 1979? Or that bodies are buried now or that people work the full 5 days or that power cuts are a rarity? Or that even the "very poor" are able to afford TVs, cars, smart-phones, 3 meals a day, computer game consoles, holidays, clothes etc?'"

The dead are not buried immediately, as I pointed out on an earlier post.

The 3 day week and power cuts happened under a tory watch.

It may suprise you but most poeple had TVs in the 1970s and many did not need cars because we had a working and affordable public transport system. Most had 3 meals a day and many could afford holidays too. Smart phones and game consoles hadn't been invented

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4961
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2334_1318529805.png
There's Only One F in Wakefield:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2334.png

Quote: cod'ead "The dead are not buried immediately, as I pointed out on an earlier post.

The 3 day week and power cuts happened under a tory watch.

It may suprise you but most poeple had TVs in the 1970s and many did not need cars because we had a working and affordable public transport system. Most had 3 meals a day and many could afford holidays too. Smart phones and game consoles hadn't been invented'"

3 day week caused by the unions coming out on strike, not the tories and cars were also not required as people tended to live in closer communities with everyone living and working in the same area.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16170No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40218_1286737075.jpg

Quote: cod'ead "The dead are not buried immediately, as I pointed out on an earlier post.'"

Indeed. But they are not just left to back up either.

Quote: cod'ead "The 3 day week and power cuts happened under a tory watch.'"

That would be as a result of the miners' (many) strikes plus any other union who felt like sending along a flying picket or two.

Quote: cod'ead "It may suprise you but most poeple had TVs in the 1970s '"

Mostly black and white.

Quote: cod'ead "and many did not need cars because we had a working and affordable public transport system. '"

Cars were largely beyond the ability of most people to afford. That we couldn't afford cars meant that people continued to use the public transport system, which was heavily subsidised by the people who used the public transport system, having to pay for it twice over.

Quote: cod'ead "Most had 3 meals a day and many could afford holidays too. '"

Mostly in the UK though.

Quote: cod'ead "Smart phones and game consoles hadn't been invented'"

Toasters had though.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1230No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Dally "But you've accepted youself that you've been born into the UK at its wealthiest time in history. Surely, that says something to you?

For all their faults the baby boomers were born in the austerity of Post WW2 Britain with rationing, etc. From the bankrupt ashes of WW2 Britain their parents and them have built a country for your generation that is the richest it has ever been. Maybe if you encouraged your generation to "party" less and show a bit of responsibility and drive your generation could take us forward as far again over the next 60 odd years? Do I expect it? No - born too rich to have any desire or drive.'"

Yes it is at its wealthiest, but wealth is no longer increasing and in the coming years it will decline. As I have told you the problems are so myriad and so deep that nothing can be done down. In 11 years of government, the most principled and determined prime minister of the 20th century was only able to reverse one aspect of British decline - the economy. She was unable to reverse any other aspect of national decline. Given that the problems facing Britain have grown exponentially since then, Labour have managed once more to ruin the national economy (but this time on a larger and more lasting scale than ever before), and every area of public life is riddled with corruption, selfishness and cowardice there is absolutely no amount of drive or action that remedy the situation.

Regarding post-war Britain, the Baby-Boomers rebuilt the economy on the fragile foundations of State spending, welfarism and American loans. It was the post-war Butskellite consensus that destroyed the traditional independence and innovative spirit of the British people, and it replaced with the principles of dependency, idleness and envy. The Baby-Boomers threw away the British empire and made us economically dependent of the US, and political satrap of Germany, so that we could establish a healthcare system that is the second worst in the developed world.

The establishment of the welfare state and nationalised economy in 1945, for noble reasons, which formed the basis of your great economic recovery sowed the seeds for the belief in cradle-to-grave State benefits, massive public spending and massive debt. We saw the consequences of the nationalisation of industry in the 70s, we are seeing the consequences of welfarism today. Great legacy the baby-boomers built and left - potentially the end of Western civilisation and certainly the end of the West has the leading power in the world. Congratulations on destroying hundreds of years of history in just a few decades.

1031 posts in 70 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
1031 posts in 70 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.36669921875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
Freddie Mill
Recent
Grand final Tickets
Wigg'n
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
cheekydiddle
22s
Realistic targets for 2025
ComeOnYouUll
30s
Shopping list for 2025
WIZEB
44s
York Valkyrie Win Back to Back Grand Finals
RLFANS News
52s
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
53s
Play-off semi-final
Scarlet Pimp
53s
2024 IMG gradings
Deadcowboys1
1m
Questions for Ste Mills
PopTart
1m
Fev H Play Off
Marvin Goola
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Grand Final
FoxyRhino
TODAY
York Valkyrie Win Back to Back Grand Finals
RLFANS News
TODAY
NRL
Benny Profan
TODAY
Penrith Panthers Secure Fourth Consecutive Title
RLFANS News
TODAY
Seeking favourite images from grounds - past or present
retrosports
TODAY
Grand final Tickets
Wigg'n
TODAY
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
RoyBoy29
TODAY
Refs referring it to video as a try or not
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Questions for Ste Mills
PopTart
TODAY
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
TODAY
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
rubber ducki
TODAY
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
Tony Fax
TODAY
Sam Burgess
rubber ducki
TODAY
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fightback To Secure Grand Final Spot
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
Wires71
TODAY
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
TODAY
2024 IMG gradings
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
Championship Awards
FIL
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
York Valkyrie Win Back to Back..
Hunslet Book Relegation Play O..
Penrith Panthers Secure Fourth..
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Gran..
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M 2,651 ↑17580,13314,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Sat 12th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R30
18:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Sun 13th Oct
       Championship 2024-R30
15:00
Swinton
v
Hunslet
15:00
Wakefield
v
York
17:00
Toulouse
v
Bradford
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 12th Oct
SL
18:00
Hull KR-Wigan
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 6th Oct
L1 26 Keighley6-20Hunslet
CH 29 Bradford25-12Featherstone
WSL2024 16 York V18-8St.HelensW
NRL 31 Melbourne6-14Penrith
Sat 5th Oct
CH 29 York27-10Widnes
SL 29 Wigan38-0Leigh
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 28 759 336 423 46
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 29 580 442 138 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Bradford 27 703 399 304 36
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
York 28 682 479 203 32
Widnes 27 561 502 59 29
Featherstone 27 634 525 109 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22