FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > The Sin Bin > Andrew Mitchell MP - Meltdown ?
281 posts in 20 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach362No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40606.jpg
:40606.jpg

Quote: McClennan "

Well he has admitted to using the F-word towards a police officer. Now you don't have to be [iThe Mentalist[/i to suggest that when people use the F-word towards a police officer it's usually because they are in a rage or have lost their temper. In what non-temper related scenarios would one use the F-word when speaking to a police officer? .'"

Where have you been these last years. The f word is part of the majority of the populations regular language and on TV most nights. It is certainly not just used just in temper.

I would be tempted to use the f word as an adjective if an officer was being deliberately obstructive and would certainly let him know he wouldn't hear the last of it if I intended to report him. It is not a police state just yet.

Quote: McClennan "
I'm not saying he should have resigned btw. That's for the Conservatives to decide and if they've fallen prey to a media backlash then they only have themselves to blame. When you tell lies and deliberately mislead the public (every government has done since I was born) as often as politicians do then you can't be surprised that the general public decides not to believe a word they say. Not saying that's right but when a political party fails to promote fairness in society they can't be surprised to find out they're judged as harshly as the people they continue to neglect. It's like beating on a person and then turning to them for sympathy. When you have a political ethos mired in punishment, not rehabilitation, then society will reflect that back to you.'"

So logically you would also agree then that the police who regularly tell lies and deliberately mislead the public should also not be believed too?

RankPostsTeam
International Star3605No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
67953_1341943970.jpg
Someday everything is gonna be different, when I paint my masterpiece ---------------------------------------------------------- [url=http://garykitchen.co.uk/:lnkxkae0]Online art gallery, selling original landscape artwork[/url:lnkxkae0] ---------------------------------------------------------- [url=http://jerrychicken.wordpress.com/:lnkxkae0]JerryChicken - The Blog[/url:lnkxkae0] ----------------------------------------------------------:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_67953.jpg

Quote: Lord Elpers "
The timing of Mitchell's resignation and of his colleagues doubting his innocence was brought about by the malicious email that was purported to come from a member of the public that witnessed the verbal exchanges. As this email fully supported the police log and was real evidence as to Mitchell's guilt it was no wonder that he felt he had to resign. Since then we know that this email was a fabrication from a Police officer from the same unit who was nowhere near the scene at the time but too late for Mitchell to keep his job.

I very much doubt that the PM or Mitchell himself had looked at the CCTV before he resigned other wise he would not have resigned.

It was a case of media mob justice stoked up by the Police Federation, the Labour front bench and the media.

You keep asking for the "real video and audio recordings" to be released as though the ones so far seen are not "real". I doubt if there will be audio recordings but agree that it would be helpful to see more footage of the CCTV.
'"

I never said that they are not "real", but for the purposes of an investigation by either party they are virtually useless being as they do not prove or disprove anything.

I do not doubt that there is very clear cctv in HD and audio recordings of what took place, all properly timestamped and I would be absolutely stunned if the hierachy in the Tory party have not viewed these - no-one will convince me that the total extent of cctv in Downing Street is the three camera angles submitted by Mitchell and his supporters - what they are is the sum total of what they were able to request in their role as government employees rather than the Met Police or the PM.

Frankly if it were me who was being accused of saying something to a police offier that I absolutely knew I had not said and my very well paid, and more importantly to my well acknowledged ego, very prestigious office, was at stake then I would raise merry hell in order to obtain the evidence especially as his PM seemed to be very supportive of him in the early weeks when the press were very anti-Mitchell (don't forget that the press have attacked from both sides in this and the Labour Party were just doing what its is they all do for a living) - frankly if it were me I'd be formally requesting that my PM gathered all of the available media, viewed it, and then absolved me.

Mitchell is absolutely convinced that he has been wronged, his boss can prove it easily, but seems very reluctant to do so.

The CCTV footage so far released does cover the period and place where the fracas is supposed to have taken place and casts serious doubt on the police log with regard to the witnesses.

So I would not hold your breath that more footage will confirm the police account.
'"

The evidence to date is not conclusive at all for either party, the footage that counts will be - to one or the other.

Someone is sitting on that evidence, the PM has the wherewithal to demand it, the Met handle security for HM Gov on Downing Street but HM Gov own the properties, own the street and will have paid for the security measures that exist and for their upkeep and maintenance, they will own copyright to the recordings and are within their rights to demand the recordings I don't understand why Cameron has let this drag on for as long as it has and be built up into something that can either drag him down or drag the Met down and if he drags the Met down then he'll be the first PM who can't depend on his own Police force for support, his dithering has created a mountain out of a pimple on a molehill, we're not even bothered that the Minister used the "f" word against a police officer, its the "p" word FFS !

If this were a dispute between a private company and its security providers then there would have been a board room meeting weeks ago, a banging of heads together and the matter forgotten - then again that is using common sense.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman27757No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021May 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34_1430670222.jpg
[url=http://wp.me/p1ImSi-n8:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]An Ode to Sepp Blatter[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh] [url=http://wp.me/s1ImSi-dadbod:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]Dadbod[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh] [url=http://wp.me/p1ImSi-mK:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]Next In Line To The Throne[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh] [url=https://mcclennan.wordpress.com/2014/10/12/st-helens-and-a-fitting-end-to-a-season-of-unsung-heroes/:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]St Helens and a Fitting End to a Season of Unsung Heroes[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh] [url=https://twitter.com/cinematicsoul:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]Follow my wisdom on Twitter[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh] [url=http://wp.me/p1ImSi-aA:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]Top 100 films of the 00s - The Top 5[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_34.jpg

Quote: Lord Elpers "Where have you been these last years. The f word is part of the majority of the populations regular language and on TV most nights. It is certainly not just used just in temper.

I would be tempted to use the f word as an adjective if an officer was being deliberately obstructive and would certainly let him know he wouldn't hear the last of it if I intended to report him. It is not a police state just yet.'"

He was leaving work on his bike and had to go an extra couple of yards. That's hardly provocative enough to generate using the F-word to a police officer. Add into that the fact that this is the party of 'Law and Order' who constantly harp on about respect, morals, being a good citizen etc. and I think you can understand why I'm finding it a bit hard to put, effing at a police officer, down to a lazy choice of adjective. Even if I take it from the point of view of him being stressed out, it is still a police officer and he's had to walk an extra twenty or so metres. Is that a sackable offence? Probably not for me but if it wasn't why let him resign? Perhaps, because of Mitchell's reputation, the Conservatives own first reaction was to believe he said exactly what was first reported. Why then hold the public accountable for a political decision by the Conservative Party? It's quite possible that factions in the Conservative Party itself pushed for it.

Quote: Lord Elpers "So logically you would also agree then that the police who regularly tell lies and deliberately mislead the public should also not be believed too?'"

You've probably answered your own question there about the police. We know the police have corrupt officers but on a per head basis they fall well below politicians. It may be wrong but when politicians behave like criminals (and let's face it, what else is corruption) why would the public choose to believe them over a man who is just trying to do his job according to how he's supposed to do it?

My opinion itself, is the guy swore at a police officer and resigned because his party couldn't handle the political fallout which, if they had any credibility, probably wouldn't be as big an issue e.g. Brown calling that woman bigoted. I'd certainly say it's less of an issue compared to something like when the UK Border Agency guy was sacked by the Home Secretary without any sort of disciplinary procedure, costing the taxpayer at least £100,000 (effectively a deliberate breaking of employment law). 'Plebgate' is insignificant news but people buy into it because the narrative fits with how the Conservative Party behaves.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach362No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40606.jpg

Quote: JerryChicken "I never said that they are not "real", but for the purposes of an investigation by either party they are virtually useless being as they do not prove or disprove anything..'"

They are certainly not useless and while not conclusive either they do cast doubt on the police log.

Quote: JerryChicken "I do not doubt that there is very clear cctv in HD and audio recordings of what took place, all properly timestamped and I would be absolutely stunned if the hierachy in the Tory party have not viewed these - no-one will convince me that the total extent of cctv in Downing Street is the three camera angles submitted by Mitchell and his supporters - what they are is the sum total of what they were able to request in their role as government employees rather than the Met Police or the PM..'"

There maybe other cctv but also maybe not. But if there were something that supported the police log I feel sure the police would have released it by now

Quote: JerryChicken "Frankly if it were me who was being accused of saying something to a police offier that I absolutely knew I had not said and my very well paid, and more importantly to my well acknowledged ego, very prestigious office, was at stake then I would raise merry hell in order to obtain the evidence especially as his PM seemed to be very supportive of him in the early weeks when the press were very anti-Mitchell (don't forget that the press have attacked from both sides in this and the Labour Party were just doing what its is they all do for a living) - frankly if it were me I'd be formally requesting that my PM gathered all of the available media, viewed it, and then absolved me..'"

This is based on your assumption that there is clear evidence being withheld. If indeed there is fresh evidence available I feel sure that Mitchell's legal team will have put in place the demands for sight of it in order to further their forthcoming libel prosecutions to all and sundry.

Quote: JerryChicken "Mitchell is absolutely convinced that he has been wronged, his boss can prove it easily, but seems very reluctant to do so. .'"

Again your point is based on your assumption that there is further proof available which until substantiated is pure speculation. Perhaps the boys in blue forgot to turn on the other cameras or had them pointing in the wrong direction or is that the PM's fault as well?

Quote: JerryChicken "The evidence to date is not conclusive at all for either party, the footage that counts will be - to one or the other..'"

Not conclusive... but enough to throw doubt on the police version.

Quote: JerryChicken "Someone is sitting on that evidence, the PM has the wherewithal to demand it, the Met handle security for HM Gov on Downing Street but HM Gov own the properties, own the street and will have paid for the security measures that exist and for their upkeep and maintenance, they will own copyright to the recordings and are within their rights to demand the recordings I don't understand why Cameron has let this drag on for as long as it has and be built up into something that can either drag him down or drag the Met down and if he drags the Met down then he'll be the first PM who can't depend on his own Police force for support, his dithering has created a mountain out of a pimple on a molehill, we're not even bothered that the Minister used the "f" word against a police officer, its the "p" word FFS !.'"

Again you make an assumption and then treat it as fact as you continue your agenda against Cameron. As for depending on police support, I think that went out of the station window when the new Government outlined their budget cuts. Interestingly the crime rate has gone down during these cuts which shows the police scare spin about losing front line officers was not valid.

Quote: JerryChicken "If this were a dispute between a private company and its security providers then there would have been a board room meeting weeks ago, a banging of heads together and the matter forgotten - then again that is using common sense.'"

This was always a storm in a teacup which started with the police leaking a dodgy log was hyped up by the government`s enemies. I will not be suprised to see one or two members of the police lose their jobs over this and a tighter control made over the Police Federation.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach362No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40606.jpg

Quote: McClennan "He was leaving work on his bike and had to go an extra couple of yards. That's hardly provocative enough to generate using the F-word to a police officer. Add into that the fact that this is the party of 'Law and Order' who constantly harp on about respect, morals, being a good citizen etc. and I think you can understand why I'm finding it a bit hard to put, effing at a police officer, down to a lazy choice of adjective. Even if I take it from the point of view of him being stressed out, it is still a police officer and he's had to walk an extra twenty or so metres. Is that a sackable offence? Probably not for me but if it wasn't why let him resign? Perhaps, because of Mitchell's reputation, the Conservatives own first reaction was to believe he said exactly what was first reported. Why then hold the public accountable for a political decision by the Conservative Party? It's quite possible that factions in the Conservative Party itself pushed for it..'"

If you have read Mitchell's version of the affair you will know that he regulary uses the main gate as when on his bike he is not a pedestrian. He stes that he had been in and out of the main gate several time that day. If he is to be believed the officer just refused to open the gate for him for no reason repeating "No" to his various requests. It did sound like the officer was just being awkward and using his power for no other reason. I am no fan of politicions but an elected member of the government should not have been treated so rudely if Mitchell is telling the truth.

Quote: McClennan "You've probably answered your own question there about the police. We know the police have corrupt officers but on a per head basis they fall well below politicians. It may be wrong but when politicians behave like criminals (and let's face it, what else is corruption) why would the public choose to believe them over a man who is just trying to do his job according to how he's supposed to do it? .'"

Well recent events have shown the police to be equally as bad if not worse than politicians so why would you believe them first...and would you have done if the politician had been from the Labour party?

Quote: McClennan "My opinion itself, is the guy swore at a police officer and resigned because his party couldn't handle the political fallout which, if they had any credibility, probably wouldn't be as big an issue e.g. Brown calling that woman bigoted. I'd certainly say it's less of an issue compared to something like when the UK Border Agency guy was sacked by the Home Secretary without any sort of disciplinary procedure, costing the taxpayer at least £100,000 (effectively a deliberate breaking of employment law). 'Plebgate' is insignificant news but people buy into it because the narrative fits with how the Conservative Party behaves.'"

Well you certainly have bought into it and have also chosen to gloss over the police's lies and poor behaviour....nothing to do with political bias I suppose?

RankPostsTeam
International Star3605No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
67953_1341943970.jpg
Someday everything is gonna be different, when I paint my masterpiece ---------------------------------------------------------- [url=http://garykitchen.co.uk/:lnkxkae0]Online art gallery, selling original landscape artwork[/url:lnkxkae0] ---------------------------------------------------------- [url=http://jerrychicken.wordpress.com/:lnkxkae0]JerryChicken - The Blog[/url:lnkxkae0] ----------------------------------------------------------:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_67953.jpg

There maybe other cctv but also maybe not. But if there were something that supported the police log I feel sure the police would have released it by now

'"

So do you seriously think that the three poor quality camera shots (without any audio) are the sum combined total of Whitehall and Downing Street security surveillance ?

I had better security on my last house.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member37704No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2051.jpg
The older I get, the better I was Advice is what we seek when we already know the answer - but wish we didn't I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full-frontal lobotomy ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ kirkstaller wrote: "All DNA shows is that we have a common creator." cod'ead wrote: "I have just snotted weissbier all over my keyboard & screen" ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ "No amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin." - Aneurin Bevan:2051.jpg

Anyone thinking the rozzers overstepped the mark in this case should've tried visiting Knowsley Road in the early 80s for a CC game

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: Lord Elpers "The issue was not about it being widely reported or misreported. If people are going to make judgements on the behaviour of others and call for them to lose their jobs it is not good enough to do it based on hyped up gossip on the internet.

I asked you for a direct quote from Mitchell himself which admits he made threats to police. Without this you cannot substantiate your main point.'"
It isnt hyped up gossip on the internet, it was widely reported throughout the media

Quote: Lord Elpers "This quote is not from Mitchell and its nothing more than hearsay. To say it is from his allies is questionable as he has enemies within his own party after leading the leadership campaign for David Davies. And having said that the quote is vague in any case “words to the effect of ...’you haven’t heard the last of this’ ” is hardly a threat and something anyone should be allowed to say to a policeman who they thought was being over officious and who they intended to report.
'"
No, words to the effect are actually an outright confirmation of not only what he said but the actual meaning intended. It is a description of intention, not the actual words used. If anything, this strengthens my argument.

Quote: Lord Elpers "Andrew Mitchell wrote an article for the Sunday Times in which he recorded his side of events You have taken that statement out of of context. Which is pretty idiotic. You would have thought he would have outright denied what sources close to him have agreed was said if he didnt say it wouldnt you .

The allegation is that he lost his temper and displayed anger. But the CCTV does not show any sign of this in his body language.
'"
But im not using the CCTV footage as evidence that he did lose his tempter or displayed anger. You are, despite the fact it proves nothing either way.
Quote: Lord Elpers "I am not interested in what third parties are saying as this is not evidence. You said that Mitchell himself had admitted to using threats.'"
Third parties can give evidence, they are generally called witnesses.

Quote: Lord Elpers "So if your standpoint is not political why do you rush to castigate Mitchell when there is no proof, yet defend the police when doubt has been raised about:

1. the accuracy of log itself (CCTV)
2. supporting police evidence was criminally false (policeman admitted it)
3. someone from the Met leaked the confidential police log to the media
4. the Police Federation told lies to the public and behaved in a very political manner (on tape)'"
Because none of these things are proven to have happened. You have quite clearly and obviously made them up.

Quote: Lord Elpers "The policeman who sent the email pretending to be a member of the public who witnessed the event to corroborate the police log was in fact not present (1st lie) he was not one of the members of the "visibly shaken" public at the gates he claimed to be (2nd lie) and gave false witness with the same story as the log (3rd lie) Yet you maintain this is not out of the ordinary.'"
He wasnt used as a witness to corroborate the police log. Your premise is wrong.

Quote: Lord Elpers "The confidential police log was leaked to the media. (fact). So it had to be someone at the Met that did it my dear Watson. The question is, was it corrupt police officer who leaked it for money? Or did they do it for political reasons?'"
Please provide evidence for your assertion or retract it.

Quote: Lord Elpers "Well I am not sure what you mean by “superfluous statement” But Ian Edwards (Chairman of the west Midlands police Federation) asked for a meeting and Mitchell to clear the air. It was agreed that the location of the meeting would not be disclosed. (In reality the federation lined up as much of the press as it could muster) Federation officials minus Edwards arrived 30 minutes early and briefed the massed press and told the waiting journalists that they would demand to know what Mitchell had said at the Downing Street gates and if he failed to tell them they would demand he must be sacked.

The meeting lasted 45 minutes and Mitchell told them exactly what had happened and what he had said and what he had not said. The officials brought the meeting to a sharp close in time to get a quote on the six o’clock news. One of them announced to the reporters that Mitchell had refused to tell them what he had said at the gates and therefore should resign.

However a Conservative press officer had taped the whole encounter which clearly showed the reporters were not told the truth. Or as we say in our part of the world they told a lie!'"
The statement was that Mr Mitchell told them nothing new, not that he told them nothing. Stop making things up.

Quote: Lord Elpers "The CCTV shows no one in front of the gates and only one person walking past (to be invisibly shocked)'"

how do you walk invisibly?
Quote: Lord Elpers "Why do you think none of this evidence? when you believe your google tittle tattle.'"
Because it isnt.
Quote: Lord Elpers "Neither you nor I know who is really telling the truth it is one word against another. However I maintain he has the right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty, no matter which political party he is from, which so far has not happened.'"
The presumption of innocence has been given. Mr Mitchell hasnt been fired and hasnt been prosecuted. He chose to resign his post.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman27757No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021May 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34_1430670222.jpg
[url=http://wp.me/p1ImSi-n8:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]An Ode to Sepp Blatter[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh] [url=http://wp.me/s1ImSi-dadbod:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]Dadbod[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh] [url=http://wp.me/p1ImSi-mK:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]Next In Line To The Throne[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh] [url=https://mcclennan.wordpress.com/2014/10/12/st-helens-and-a-fitting-end-to-a-season-of-unsung-heroes/:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]St Helens and a Fitting End to a Season of Unsung Heroes[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh] [url=https://twitter.com/cinematicsoul:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]Follow my wisdom on Twitter[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh] [url=http://wp.me/p1ImSi-aA:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]Top 100 films of the 00s - The Top 5[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_34.jpg

Quote: Lord Elpers "If you have read Mitchell's version of the affair you will know that he regulary uses the main gate as when on his bike he is not a pedestrian. He stes that he had been in and out of the main gate several time that day. If he is to be believed the officer just refused to open the gate for him for no reason repeating "No" to his various requests. It did sound like the officer was just being awkward and using his power for no other reason. I am no fan of politicions but an elected member of the government should not have been treated so rudely if Mitchell is telling the truth.'"

You could well be right although respect works both ways which is something that politicians and people who hold power tend to forget. I've seen it from managers throughout my working life. You treat people how you expect to be treated yourself. That's a simple, common rule that it appears neither party was able to adhere for whatever reason that is i.e. a playground spat between two s. It's more complicated than that I know but these are grown men arguing over somebody leaving Downing Street on a bike and yet one is running the country and the other is supposed to be protecting his valuable service. What does this incident say about both?

Quote: Lord Elpers "Well recent events have shown the police to be equally as bad if not worse than politicians so why would you believe them first...and would you have done if the politician had been from the Labour party?'"

It makes no difference what their political allegiance is in the same way that it didn't matter with the expenses scandal.

Quote: Lord Elpers "Well you certainly have bought into it and have also chosen to gloss over the police's lies and poor behaviour....nothing to do with political bias I suppose?'"

I'm not sure how you've arrived at that conclusion. I'm pretty sure that I've based my opinion on what happened i.e. he admitted swearing and he resigned. It appears to be you who wants to blame the police and the media for a choice made by Mitchell himself and/or his party. Again, I'm not sure how anybody else is accountable for a Conservative Party decision.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman28357
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
973_1515165968.gif
Last edited by Ferocious Aardvark on stardate Jun 26, 3013 11:27 am, edited 48,562,867,458,300,023 times in total:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_973.gif

The weird thing about this incident is that nobody investigating it seems to be asking the bleedin obvious questions. But this is normal nowadays. These includeeither[/i daily riding through an opened gate, or else getting off his bike and going through the side door. The previous day's video (or the last day he came and went, if different) would, I suggest, conclusively prove who is lying about at least one key issue. We have no need to guess, or take anyone's word for it. It either happened before, in which case it's on tape, or it didn't, in which case that's also on tape.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach362No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40606.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "It isnt hyped up gossip on the internet, it was widely reported throughout the media.'"

I asked you to substantiate the many claims you have made that Mitchell admitted threatening the police officers. You have been unable to do this. Because something is widely reported does not make it to be true.

Quote: SmokeyTA "No, words to the effect are actually an outright confirmation of not only what he said but the actual meaning intended. It is a description of intention, not the actual words used. If anything, this strengthens my argument..'"

The only quote you came up with was from someone like yourself who had believed the police version which is now in doubt. Therefore your argument and statements are not based on fact but just repeating media spin and inaccurate internet comments from people like yourself. Mitchell has consistently claimed the police log is false with the exception of the F word as you well know because it is “widely reported in the media”

Quote: SmokeyTA "You have taken that statement out of of context. Which is pretty idiotic. You would have thought he would have outright denied what sources close to him have agreed was said if he didnt say it wouldnt you ..'"

Mitchell has repeatedly “outright denied” the contents of the log (F word excepted) see him on the Channel4 prog and every newspaper.

Quote: SmokeyTA "But im not using the CCTV footage as evidence that he did lose his tempter or displayed anger. You are, despite the fact it proves nothing either way..'"

Of course you aren’t because it throws doubt about the temper tantrums and witnesses that were alleged by the police

Quote: SmokeyTA "Third parties can give evidence, they are generally called witnesses..'"

Third parties are only witnesses if they actually witnessed it first hand ....and as nobody other than the police liar has come forward as a witness then all you quotes are hearsay and so irrelevant.

Quote: SmokeyTA "Because none of these things are proven to have happened. You have quite clearly and obviously made them up..'"

Did I make up the CCTV that shows not witnesses at the gate being “visibly horrified”?

Did I make up the fact that a serving policeman gave a false account of the event (using the same words and phrases as in the police log) and has been arrested?

Did I make up that the media were sent a copy of the police log and that this “leak” is being investigated by the Met. If it wasn’t a policeman who leaked this confidential log then who was it?

Did I make up that a spokesman for the Police Federation after their meeting with Mitchell, announced to the press that Mitchell refused to tell them exactly what he said he had no option but to resign. NB This meeting was later found to have been taped by a Conservative press official and proves this statement to be a lie.

Quote: SmokeyTA "He wasnt used as a witness to corroborate the police log. Your premise is wrong. .'"

His email wasn’t used as evidence because it was later found to be false. As it contained the exact words and phrases as the official log and as this policeman falsely claimed to be at the gates with his cousin and witnessed the “toxic” phrases (when he wasn’t there at all) it is therefore quite reasonable to sumise he was trying to corroborate the police log. If not then what was the purpose of his email and why did the police log claim there were witnesses at the gate when the CCTV proves otherwise?

Quote: SmokeyTA "Please provide evidence for your assertion or retract it. .'"

The police are investigating the leak. I ask you again if the confidential police log was not sent by a policeman then who was it sent by? Remember that your whole argument is based on what you have read from this same leak.

Quote: SmokeyTA "The statement was that Mr Mitchell told them nothing new, not that he told them nothing. Stop making things up. .'"

You are wrong. rlhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-19922023rl

A spokesman for the Police Federation after their meeting with Mitchell, announced to the press that Mitchell refused to tell them exactly what he said he had no option but to resign. NB This meeting was later found to have been taped by a Conservative press official and proves this statement to be a lie.

Quote: SmokeyTA "how do you walk invisibly?.'"

Exactly. The visibly shocked witnesses were invisible to the CCTV because like the lying policeman they were not there at all.

Quote: SmokeyTA "Because it isnt. .'"

See evidence above or wait for the court case.

Quote: SmokeyTA "The presumption of innocence has been given. Mr Mitchell hasnt been fired and hasnt been prosecuted. He chose to resign his post.'"

Where did you post that he may be innocent?

There was huge pressure for him to resign especially when the email hit the media from a member of the public that witnessed everything and which fully corroborated the police log (before it turned out to be false.) Add to this the police federation lying that he had refused to tell them exactly what he had said and the Labour party front benchers calling for his head every night on TV. He was in a terrible position and did not defend himself very well and the pressure got to him but his resignation does not prove guilt.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3605No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
67953_1341943970.jpg

There was huge pressure for him to resign especially when the email hit the media from a member of the public that witnessed everything and which fully corroborated the police log (before it turned out to be false.) Add to this the police federation lying that he had refused to tell them exactly what he had said and the Labour party front benchers calling for his head every night on TV. He was in a terrible position and did not defend himself very well and the pressure got to him but his resignation does not prove guilt.'"

This is where I struggle to swallow the story.

He was asked to be chief whip of the party, a very senior figurehead position, presumably with David Cameron's agreement, probably with his nomination - therefore at that point you have to assume that David Cameron thought very highly of him indeed.

A matter of a few weeks later he is involved in some sort of incident at the gates to Downing Street, the sort fo kerfuffle that you or I would laugh off later and would not be worthy of noting in any ordinary police officers book, but a log has to be kept at the security office and so it was.

At that point you still have to assume that David Cameron thought very highly of him as he never asked him to resign at any point over the next few weeks.

When the whole media thing broke you also have to assume that Mitchell and Cameron spoke about it, they may even have had formal meetings with Ministers and senior party members and its reasonable to assume that Mitchell protested his innocence at those meetings as he does now - and still Cameron was not asking for his resignation and presumably still thought that he was the ideal man for the job.

In David Camerons position you can instantly snuff out all of the press speculation and antics, if you want to stop all of this silly distraction from your serious parliamentary duties you do what any CEO of a private company would do, you review the evidence, and if the evidence is exactly as Mitchell insists, and if he is being set up by the Metropolitan Police, then you do something about it and letting your trusted Chief Whip resign as if guilty is not the thing that you do - you might not want to wash all of this in public but you'd certainly call in the Metropolitan Police Commisioner and show him the evidence, then get the whole affair carefully airbrushed away.

But he didn't do any of that.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach362No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40606.jpg

Quote: JerryChicken "This is where I struggle to swallow the story.

He was asked to be chief whip of the party, a very senior figurehead position, presumably with David Cameron's agreement, probably with his nomination - therefore at that point you have to assume that David Cameron thought very highly of him indeed.

A matter of a few weeks later he is involved in some sort of incident at the gates to Downing Street, the sort fo kerfuffle that you or I would laugh off later and would not be worthy of noting in any ordinary police officers book, but a log has to be kept at the security office and so it was.

At that point you still have to assume that David Cameron thought very highly of him as he never asked him to resign at any point over the next few weeks.

When the whole media thing broke you also have to assume that Mitchell and Cameron spoke about it, they may even have had formal meetings with Ministers and senior party members and its reasonable to assume that Mitchell protested his innocence at those meetings as he does now - and still Cameron was not asking for his resignation and presumably still thought that he was the ideal man for the job.

In David Camerons position you can instantly snuff out all of the press speculation and antics, if you want to stop all of this silly distraction from your serious parliamentary duties you do what any CEO of a private company would do, you review the evidence, and if the evidence is exactly as Mitchell insists, and if he is being set up by the Metropolitan Police, then you do something about it and letting your trusted Chief Whip resign as if guilty is not the thing that you do - you might not want to wash all of this in public but you'd certainly call in the Metropolitan Police Commisioner and show him the evidence, then get the whole affair carefully airbrushed away.

But he didn't do any of that.'"

I think few will come out of this smelling of roses. The timing of the resignation occured when not all the evidence was available. But what did for him was the escalation of calls for his resignation and mounting pressure from the media, Red Ed and Mrs Balls, the Police Federation (comments after their meeting with Mitchell that said he refused to say what he had said) the eye witnessed email that was so damming in corroborating the police log and not helped by Mitchell's own pathetic aplology and unconvincing denials on TV.

When all this furore came to a head the PM asked the Cabinet Secretary Sir Jeremy Heywood to conduct an investigation which was done with his typical civil service bungling aplomb as he failed to look at the police log and collate all the evidence. So Mitchell felt he had no choice but to fall on his sword which with hindsight was too soon as much of the case against him started to crumble....... but all to late for him.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3605No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
67953_1341943970.jpg

How difficult would it be to walk twenty yards to the security office and demand that the police log and the cctv for the night in question be delivered to your office NOW ?

Those two items alone would prove or disprove the case, then its back to business.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member6038No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2017Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: JerryChicken "

.'"

Probably in the same way that Tony Blair thought very highly of Gordon Brown

281 posts in 20 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
281 posts in 20 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.3515625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
8m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
9m
Film game
Boss Hog
15m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Seth
23m
Best Semi
ratticusfinc
43m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
mwindass
44m
Call for funds
Brew
Recent
Squad for HKR
Lord Tony Sm
Recent
Proposed rule changes 2025
leeds owl
Recent
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Deeeekos
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
2m
Man of Steel
matt_wire
2m
Leigh it is
NickyKiss
3m
leeds owl
3m
Rumours thread
Trojan Horse
3m
Shopping list for 2025
UllFC
4m
Play-off semi-final
Khlav Kalash
4m
Squad for HKR
Lord Tony Sm
4m
Season 2024
tomtom84
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Best Semi
ratticusfinc
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Deeeekos
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
Kick and cha
TODAY
Squad for HKR
Lord Tony Sm
TODAY
leeds owl
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Wigan Bull
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
Khlav Kalash
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Kevin Turvey
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
Douglas Blac
TODAY
2025 Squad
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
2024 Season Review
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
McNamara interview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
French Elite 1 season 2024/2025 Thread
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Butcher
TODAY
2025 membership/renewals
Armavinit
TODAY
Hull FC ladies
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Kai
Cokey
TODAY
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
moxi1
TODAY
Wakefield v Dons - Sunday 29 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
The play-offs
Ckt2487
TODAY
This years play off series
matt_wire
TODAY
Leigh it is
NickyKiss
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Play Off SF
Cokey
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 3,210 80,12914,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
20:00
Hull KR
v
Warrington
 TOMORROW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sun 6th Oct
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       Championship 2024-R29
15:00
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
       League One 2024-R26
Keighley
v
Hunslet
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 4th Oct
SL
20:00
Hull KR-Warrington
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 28 761 341 420 42
Hull KR 27 719 327 392 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22