FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > The Sin Bin > Andrew Mitchell MP - Meltdown ?
281 posts in 20 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
RankPostsTeam
International Star3605No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
67953_1341943970.jpg
Someday everything is gonna be different, when I paint my masterpiece ---------------------------------------------------------- [url=http://garykitchen.co.uk/:lnkxkae0]Online art gallery, selling original landscape artwork[/url:lnkxkae0] ---------------------------------------------------------- [url=http://jerrychicken.wordpress.com/:lnkxkae0]JerryChicken - The Blog[/url:lnkxkae0] ----------------------------------------------------------:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_67953.jpg

Quote: Cibaman "It wouldn't be much of a defense for C4 if they hadn't actually edited the coverage, just spoon fed the public.

Surely, post Saville & McAlpine, the programme would have been subject to review at a very high level within C4? I just can't understand why they would choose to take on the police on a matter where the evidence can be so easily verified, one way or the other. Only a moron would believe that they could put out doctored coverage and not expect the police to be all over it.'"

You don't think that the particular presentation of the video in the Dispatches program had been handed to CH4 in that particular format then, video and commentary ?

Especially since its since been reproduced word for word in various news publications since ?

You could be right, maybe I am too cynical these days, but it was an easy program to make for CH4, everything provided on a plate, no investigative journalism to do, the script written for them, they didn't have to spend days on editing and proofing and supporting the story, why they never even asked why the most obvious thing, audio, was missing.

Still waiting for the proper video.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member6038No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2017Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: JerryChicken "You don't think that the particular presentation of the video in the Dispatches program had been handed to CH4 in that particular format then, video and commentary ?

Especially since its since been reproduced word for word in various news publications since ?

You could be right, maybe I am too cynical these days, but it was an easy program to make for CH4, everything provided on a plate, no investigative journalism to do, the script written for them, they didn't have to spend days on editing and proofing and supporting the story, why they never even asked why the most obvious thing, audio, was missing.

Still waiting for the proper video.'"

I think I'm equallly cynical, but I generally only believe conspiracy theories if: a) only a few people are involved; b) the rewards for the participants are great enough to justify the risks they're taking;and c) the participants genuinely believe they will not be caught out.

This particularly conspiracy theory definitely passes test a). Its debatable whether or not it passes test b). But it clearly fails to pass the "Will we get away with it?" test. They would have to complete idiots to think that they could put out doctored footage, accusing the police of lying, and not have that footage subject to rigorous tests.

I still wouldn't rule it out, because people do stupid things. But if it is proven that C4 had doctored the footage, or simply broadcast it without checking if it had been doctored, it would make the BBC's failings over McAlpine seem like small beer.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach362No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40606.jpg
:40606.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "Now you are just making things up, Mr Mitchell also accepts that he threatened that 'they hadnt heard the last of this' There is no proof the police in the original incident lied or fabricated anything. This is even accepted by the vice-chairman of the tory party.

I know enough about how Mitchell behaved, from what he has admitted, that makes him sound, even in his own words, like an arrogant knob.'"

Please can you send the links to Mitchell's quotes where he accepted he made threats.

Mitchell maintains that according to the police log book all the "toxic" phrases were spoken while he was wheeling has bike from the main gate to the side gate and through to the pavement where several members of the public witnessed the fracas and were "visibly shocked"

The CCTV proves that these so called members of the public it would seem were "invisibly shocked" as they were nowhere to be seen! So this part of the police log was incorrect and a fabrication/lie.

The same footage does not show Mitchell to appear either angry or in a temper or display any aggressive bodily behaviour consistent with the police allegations.

I do not hold any brief for Mitchell and as I have only seen him on TV, where he appeared normal (or as normal as a politician can appear). So I cannot judge how likeably/unlikeable he is. But more importantly in the absence of clear evidence of guilt I have to say he is innocent until proven guilty.

To find him guilty or fail to give the benefit of doubt simply because he is from another class background or holds different political views is a sad reflection on how predjudice can distort justice.

Furthermore there is sufficient evidence and circumstantial evidence to cause grave concern regarding the behaviour of the police in this. Sending a mallicious email which contained lies and fabrications is a criminal offence and should lead to dismissal. That this fabrication mirrored the official log has more than a whiff of conspiracy. Who was responsible for leaking the log to the media and why? If the log was correct why was Mitchell not arrested and charged? Why did the Police Federation make a false statement regarding Mitchell?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach362No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40606.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "Making false statements to an MP isnt what you would expect from a police officer. It doesnt affect in any way the original report.'"

The police log contained a false statement regarding the "visibly shocked" members of the public witnessing the event.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: Lord Elpers "Please can you send the links to Mitchell's quotes where he accepted he made threats.'"
It has been widely reported. Google his name, and that phrase. Im sure you will be able to find it.

Quote: Lord Elpers "Mitchell maintains that according to the police log book all the "toxic" phrases were spoken while he was wheeling has bike from the main gate to the side gate and through to the pavement where several members of the public witnessed the fracas and were "visibly shocked"

The CCTV proves that these so called members of the public it would seem were "invisibly shocked" as they were nowhere to be seen! So this part of the police log was incorrect and a fabrication/lie.'"
I could see people, i couldnt see their expressions, their faces were blurred.

Quote: Lord Elpers "The same footage does not show Mitchell to appear either angry or in a temper or display any aggressive bodily behaviour consistent with the police allegations.'"
How on earth are you judging this? What does an angry face look like on grainy CCTV footage which doesnt show the face?

Quote: Lord Elpers "I do not hold any brief for Mitchell and as I have only seen him on TV, where he appeared normal (or as normal as a politician can appear). So I cannot judge how likeably/unlikeable he is. But more importantly in the absence of clear evidence of guilt I have to say he is innocent until proven guilty. '"
yes, other than for what he has admitted.

Quote: Lord Elpers "To find him guilty or fail to give the benefit of doubt simply because he is from another class background or holds different political views is a sad reflection on how predjudice can distort justice.'"

To make things up about class of political persuasion doesn’t help your argument, even a little bit.
Quote: Lord Elpers "Furthermore there is sufficient evidence and circumstantial evidence to cause grave concern regarding the behaviour of the police in this. Sending a mallicious email which contained lies and fabrications is a criminal offence and should lead to dismissal. That this fabrication mirrored the official log has more than a whiff of conspiracy. Who was responsible for leaking the log to the media and why? If the log was correct why was Mitchell not arrested and charged? Why did the Police Federation make a false statement regarding Mitchell?'"
There is evidence that one police officer passed on information to an MP whilst pretending to be a member of the public. That is it, you are inventing the rest with no supporting evidence whatsoever. You should employ the same innocent until proven guilty standpoint to the police as you are to Mr Mitchell.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach362No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40606.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "It has been widely reported. Google his name, and that phrase. Im sure you will be able to find it. .'"

You have been making repeated claims that Mitchell has accepted he made threats to the police. As this is a cornerstone of your crumbling argument which I have challenged it is up to you to prove your point. I have read Mitchell´s account of the event and he denies making threats to the police.

If your whole argument is based on unsubstantiated internet tittle tattle which just quotes the allegations it would explain your viewpoint.

Quote: SmokeyTA "I could see people, i couldnt see their expressions, their faces were blurred..'"

When people have an angry confrontation, as alleged by the police, then there is usually arms and head movements which show this clearly. The body language of Mitchell is consistent with him saying that he muttered the F word as he pushed his bike towards and through the pedestrian gate.

Quote: SmokeyTA "How on earth are you judging this? What does an angry face look like on grainy CCTV footage which doesnt show the face?.'"

As I said anger and temper would show in the body language.You do not need to show the face.

Quote: SmokeyTA "yes, other than for what he has admitted. .'"

But he has only admitted using the F word.

Quote: SmokeyTA "To make things up about class of political persuasion doesn’t help your argument, even a little bit. .'"

Do you deny your whole case and "knob" style language is not politically motivated?

Quote: SmokeyTA "There is evidence that one police officer passed on information to an MP whilst pretending to be a member of the public. That is it, you are inventing the rest with no supporting evidence whatsoever. You should employ the same innocent until proven guilty standpoint to the police as you are to Mr Mitchell.'"

1. The first evidence is that a serving police officer who is in the same unit as those at the gate sent an email into the Government Whip´s office pretending to be a member of the public who witnessed the altracation. This same officer has since admitted that not only is he not a member of the public but that he was not present and had fabricated his statement. The fact that his email was almost the same as the police log would indicate some form of collusion.

2. The second evidence is that this confidential police log was leaked to the press from the Met.

3. The third bit of evidence is that the Police Federation told a lie in their public statement after meeting with Mitchell.

4. And the 4th bit of evidence is that the CCTV shows no members of the public present at the gate to be "visibly shocked" by the "toxic" utterings making this part of the police log incorrect and so throwing doubt on the rest of it.

Do you deny any of this evidence against the police?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: Lord Elpers "You have been making repeated claims that Mitchell has accepted he made threats to the police. As this is a cornerstone of your crumbling argument which I have challenged it is up to you to prove your point. I have read Mitchell´s account of the event and he denies making threats to the police.

If your whole argument is based on unsubstantiated internet tittle tattle which just quotes the allegations it would explain your viewpoint.'"
Fair enough, i can prove that it has been widely reported. Here is an example, there are plenty more if you dispute how widely this was reported but in the interests of space I have included this [iHis allies this weekend admitted he had said words to the effect of “you haven’t heard the last of this” - which they believe prompted officers to write up an exaggerated version of events in their police log, which was then leaked. [/iwww.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9763005/Andrew-Mitchell-the-toxic-smears-aimed-at-destroying-my-party-and-me.html

Now would you like to provide us with proof of your assertion that Mitchell has made a clear statement denying he said words to that effect? Afterall we wouldnt want your argument relying on unsubstantiated tittle-tattle would we.

Quote: Lord Elpers "When people have an angry confrontation, as alleged by the police, then there is usually arms and head movements which show this clearly. The body language of Mitchell is consistent with him saying that he muttered the F word as he pushed his bike towards and through the pedestrian gate.

As I said anger and temper would show in the body language.You do not need to show the face.'"

This may be news to you, but you can shout, you can swear, you can threaten, you can even sing a jaunty sea shanty without waving your arms and head about. Mr Mitchell was accused of swearing and arrogant behaviour, he wasn’t accused of doing an impression of Kevin and Perry.

Quote: Lord Elpers "But he has only admitted using the F word. '"
And his allies have admitted to him threatening the police.

Quote: Lord Elpers "Do you deny your whole case and "knob" style language is not politically motivated?'"
Yes.

Quote: Lord Elpers "1. The first evidence is that a serving police officer who is in the same unit as those at the gate sent an email into the Government Whip´s office pretending to be a member of the public who witnessed the altracation. This same officer has since admitted that not only is he not a member of the public but that he was not present and had fabricated his statement. The fact that his email was almost the same as the police log would indicate some form of collusion.'"
Firstly police officers are members of the public, they are, uniformed members of the public. It does not, in any way shape or form indicate collusion, it indicates that the officer who was there had seen the police log which isnt out of the ordinary.

Quote: Lord Elpers "2. The second evidence is that this confidential police log was leaked to the press from the Met.'"

Have the sun confirmed it was the met that leaked the log? Innocent until prove guilty remember......
Quote: Lord Elpers "3. The third bit of evidence is that the Police Federation told a lie in their public statement after meeting with Mitchell.'"
I think lie is a fairly strong word for that fairly superfluous statement.

Quote: Lord Elpers "4. And the 4th bit of evidence is that the CCTV shows no members of the public present at the gate to be "visibly shocked" by the "toxic" utterings making this part of the police log incorrect and so throwing doubt on the rest of it.'"
It quite clearly show one member of the public, with another couple a bit further away. I dont know if they were shocked or not.
Quote: Lord Elpers "Do you deny any of this evidence against the police?'"
yes, because quite clearly none of it is evidence of anything at all.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman27757No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021May 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34_1430670222.jpg
[url=http://wp.me/p1ImSi-n8:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]An Ode to Sepp Blatter[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh] [url=http://wp.me/s1ImSi-dadbod:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]Dadbod[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh] [url=http://wp.me/p1ImSi-mK:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]Next In Line To The Throne[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh] [url=https://mcclennan.wordpress.com/2014/10/12/st-helens-and-a-fitting-end-to-a-season-of-unsung-heroes/:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]St Helens and a Fitting End to a Season of Unsung Heroes[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh] [url=https://twitter.com/cinematicsoul:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]Follow my wisdom on Twitter[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh] [url=http://wp.me/p1ImSi-aA:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]Top 100 films of the 00s - The Top 5[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_34.jpg

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach362No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40606.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "Fair enough, i can prove that it has been widely reported. Here is an example, there are plenty more if you dispute how widely this was reported but in the interests of space I have included this [iHis allies this weekend admitted he had said words to the effect of “you haven’t heard the last of this” - which they believe prompted officers to write up an exaggerated version of events in their police log, which was then leaked. [/iwww.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9763005/Andrew-Mitchell-the-toxic-smears-aimed-at-destroying-my-party-and-me.html.'"

The issue was not about it being widely reported or misreported. If people are going to make judgements on the behaviour of others and call for them to lose their jobs it is not good enough to do it based on hyped up gossip on the internet.

I asked you for a direct quote from Mitchell himself which admits he made threats to police. Without this you cannot substantiate your main point.

This quote is not from Mitchell and its nothing more than hearsay. To say it is from his allies is questionable as he has enemies within his own party after leading the leadership campaign for David Davies. And having said that the quote is vague in any case “words to the effect of ...’you haven’t heard the last of this’ ” is hardly a threat and something anyone should be allowed to say to a policeman who they thought was being over officious and who they intended to report.

Quote: SmokeyTA "Now would you like to provide us with proof of your assertion that Mitchell has made a clear statement denying he said words to that effect? Afterall we wouldnt want your argument relying on unsubstantiated tittle-tattle would we. .'"

Andrew Mitchell wrote an article for the Sunday Times in which he recorded his side of events

The allegation is that he lost his temper and displayed anger. But the CCTV does not show any sign of this in his body language.

Quote: SmokeyTA "And his allies have admitted to him threatening the police..'"

I am not interested in what third parties are saying as this is not evidence. You said that Mitchell himself had admitted to using threats.

Quote: SmokeyTA "Yes. .'"

So if your standpoint is not political why do you rush to castigate Mitchell when there is no proof, yet defend the police when doubt has been raised about:

1. the accuracy of log itself (CCTV)
2. supporting police evidence was criminally false (policeman admitted it)
3. someone from the Met leaked the confidential police log to the media
4. the Police Federation told lies to the public and behaved in a very political manner (on tape)

Quote: SmokeyTA "Firstly police officers are members of the public, they are, uniformed members of the public. It does not, in any way shape or form indicate collusion, it indicates that the officer who was there had seen the police log which isnt out of the ordinary. .'"

The policeman who sent the email pretending to be a member of the public who witnessed the event to corroborate the police log was in fact not present (1st lie) he was not one of the members of the "visibly shaken" public at the gates he claimed to be (2nd lie) and gave false witness with the same story as the log (3rd lie) Yet you maintain this is not out of the ordinary.

Quote: SmokeyTA "Have the sun confirmed it was the met that leaked the log? Innocent until prove guilty remember.......'"

The confidential police log was leaked to the media. (fact). So it had to be someone at the Met that did it my dear Watson. The question is, was it corrupt police officer who leaked it for money? Or did they do it for political reasons?

Quote: SmokeyTA "I think lie is a fairly strong word for that fairly superfluous statement. .'"

Well I am not sure what you mean by “superfluous statement” But Ian Edwards (Chairman of the west Midlands police Federation) asked for a meeting and Mitchell to clear the air. It was agreed that the location of the meeting would not be disclosed. (In reality the federation lined up as much of the press as it could muster) Federation officials minus Edwards arrived 30 minutes early and briefed the massed press and told the waiting journalists that they would demand to know what Mitchell had said at the Downing Street gates and if he failed to tell them they would demand he must be sacked.

The meeting lasted 45 minutes and Mitchell told them exactly what had happened and what he had said and what he had not said. The officials brought the meeting to a sharp close in time to get a quote on the six o’clock news. One of them announced to the reporters that Mitchell had refused to tell them what he had said at the gates and therefore should resign.

However a Conservative press officer had taped the whole encounter which clearly showed the reporters were not told the truth. Or as we say in our part of the world they told a lie!

Quote: SmokeyTA "It quite clearly show one member of the public, with another couple a bit further away. I dont know if they were shocked or not. .'"

The CCTV shows no one in front of the gates and only one person walking past (to be invisibly shocked)

Quote: SmokeyTA "yes, because quite clearly none of it is evidence of anything at all.'"

Why do you think none of this evidence? when you believe your google tittle tattle.

Neither you nor I know who is really telling the truth it is one word against another. However I maintain he has the right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty, no matter which political party he is from, which so far has not happened.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021May 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34_1430670222.jpg
[url=http://wp.me/p1ImSi-n8:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]An Ode to Sepp Blatter[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh] [url=http://wp.me/s1ImSi-dadbod:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]Dadbod[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh] [url=http://wp.me/p1ImSi-mK:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]Next In Line To The Throne[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh] [url=https://mcclennan.wordpress.com/2014/10/12/st-helens-and-a-fitting-end-to-a-season-of-unsung-heroes/:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]St Helens and a Fitting End to a Season of Unsung Heroes[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh] [url=https://twitter.com/cinematicsoul:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]Follow my wisdom on Twitter[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh] [url=http://wp.me/p1ImSi-aA:8gr6akfh][b:8gr6akfh]Top 100 films of the 00s - The Top 5[/b:8gr6akfh][/url:8gr6akfh]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_34.jpg

Quote: Lord Elpers "The allegation is that he lost his temper and displayed anger. But the CCTV does not show any sign of this in his body language.'"

You've got a good eye if you can tell that from the footage, particularly as none of it shows Mitchell's face, which is probably a greater indicator of his demeanor than looking at him from behind 50ft away.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3605No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
67953_1341943970.jpg
Someday everything is gonna be different, when I paint my masterpiece ---------------------------------------------------------- [url=http://garykitchen.co.uk/:lnkxkae0]Online art gallery, selling original landscape artwork[/url:lnkxkae0] ---------------------------------------------------------- [url=http://jerrychicken.wordpress.com/:lnkxkae0]JerryChicken - The Blog[/url:lnkxkae0] ----------------------------------------------------------:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_67953.jpg

Quote: McClennan "You've got a good eye if you can tell that from the footage, particularly as none of it shows Mitchell's face, which is probably a greater indicator of his demeanor than looking at him from behind 50ft away.'"

...with no audio.

That camera must be located almost opposite the door to 10 Downing Street - can you imagine if, as we are supposed to believe, that is the only cctv source of the gates and approach to the home of our PM - can you imagine the aftermath of a terrorist attack on the gates which overpowered the three police officers there and led to Downing St being bombed and sacked and left in flames with our PM dead, "Police have examined the Downing St cctv and can't quite make out who the terrorists were, or if they were black, white or some other shade inbetween, or even people, sorry"

RankPostsTeam
International Star3605No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
67953_1341943970.jpg

Quote: Lord Elpers "
Well I am not sure what you mean by “superfluous statement” But Ian Edwards (Chairman of the west Midlands police Federation) asked for a meeting and Mitchell to clear the air. It was agreed that the location of the meeting would not be disclosed. (In reality the federation lined up as much of the press as it could muster) Federation officials minus Edwards arrived 30 minutes early and briefed the massed press and told the waiting journalists that they would demand to know what Mitchell had said at the Downing Street gates and if he failed to tell them they would demand he must be sacked.

The meeting lasted 45 minutes and Mitchell told them exactly what had happened and what he had said and what he had not said. The officials brought the meeting to a sharp close in time to get a quote on the six o’clock news. One of them announced to the reporters that Mitchell had refused to tell them what he had said at the gates and therefore should resign.

However a Conservative press officer had taped the whole encounter which clearly showed the reporters were not told the truth. Or as we say in our part of the world they told a lie!'"

I've read that article and have no reason to not believe it and have no reason to not believe that the Police Federation have set up the Minister.

However you must always keep in mind that the Police Federation are NOT "The Police", they are a trades union and as such they have, and are entitled to, a political viewpoint and they entitled to campaign on issues that affect their members, I don't believe that they picked on Mitchell deliberately as he wouldn't be their natural target to protest at cuts to their members working conditions, but due to his obstinacy (something he is reknown for within his party) he presented them with a political situation that they exploited to the full and possibly beyond.

What they did may ultimately prove to be wrong, but they took advantage of a political situation in the same manner that politicians of all colours do every day in their debating chamber, its something they practice well and its something their party leaders are proficient in and view as perfectly acceptable within their profession - they should have been able to spot what was going on and declare this to the media immediately that it was occuring and before Mitchell felt that he had to resign (they had three weeks to do so after all).

The fact that they didn't, the fact that Mitchell had been appointed by them only shortly before, and the fact that they simply accepted his resignation without media protest against dubious political shenanignas only serves to highlight the fact that Mitchell got no back up from his seniors who must surely have reviewed ALL of the available evidence before turning their backs on him ?

Quote: Lord Elpers "
Neither you nor I know who is really telling the truth it is one word against another. However I maintain he has the right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty, no matter which political party he is from, which so far has not happened.'"

As I've said all along, there is a VERY simple solution, release the real video and audio recordings.

And if they don't want them in the public domain then let the PM see them and then make a public statement on what he has concluded and then draw a line under the whole affair, I'll trust him on this occasion - or maybe he already has and thats why he is refusing to get drawn in ?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach362No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40606.jpg

Quote: McClennan "You've got a good eye if you can tell that from the footage, particularly as none of it shows Mitchell's face, which is probably a greater indicator of his demeanor than looking at him from behind 50ft away.'"

You are forgetting that the onus is on those of you who were so quick to judge Mitchell as guilty to prove him so. The only people who have been proven to be liars so far are all from the police side you may recall.

The CCTV does not show Mitchell in any way as having a temper rant and is more consistant with his version that says he was muttering the F word as he pushed his bike towards and through the pedestrian gate.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach362No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40606.jpg

Quote: JerryChicken "I've read that article and have no reason to not believe it and have no reason to not believe that the Police Federation have set up the Minister.

However you must always keep in mind that the Police Federation are NOT "The Police", they are a trades union and as such they have, and are entitled to, a political viewpoint and they entitled to campaign on issues that affect their members, I don't believe that they picked on Mitchell deliberately as he wouldn't be their natural target to protest at cuts to their members working conditions, but due to his obstinacy (something he is reknown for within his party) he presented them with a political situation that they exploited to the full and possibly beyond.

What they did may ultimately prove to be wrong, but they took advantage of a political situation in the same manner that politicians of all colours do every day in their debating chamber, its something they practice well and its something their party leaders are proficient in and view as perfectly acceptable within their profession - they should have been able to spot what was going on and declare this to the media immediately that it was occuring and before Mitchell felt that he had to resign (they had three weeks to do so after all).

The fact that they didn't, the fact that Mitchell had been appointed by them only shortly before, and the fact that they simply accepted his resignation without media protest against dubious political shenanignas only serves to highlight the fact that Mitchell got no back up from his seniors who must surely have reviewed ALL of the available evidence before turning their backs on him ?

As I've said all along, there is a VERY simple solution, release the real video and audio recordings.

And if they don't want them in the public domain then let the PM see them and then make a public statement on what he has concluded and then draw a line under the whole affair, I'll trust him on this occasion - or maybe he already has and thats why he is refusing to get drawn in ?'"

The Police Federation are a Union representing the rank and file police officers, but are made up of serving and former police officers. They have led the way in the witch hunt against Mitchell and have made much of the word "pleb". This I agree is their right and I have no sympathy with Mitchell (or any other politician) on this score who IMO has been very naive in his own defence.

However whilst not expecting this union to act in an honourable manner with regard to their handling of the media, I do think we can expect them not to tell a blatant lie, about a crucial point, to the media when reporting what was said in their meeting with Mitchell.

The timing of Mitchell's resignation and of his colleagues doubting his innocence was brought about by the malicious email that was purported to come from a member of the public that witnessed the verbal exchanges. As this email fully supported the police log and was real evidence as to Mitchell's guilt it was no wonder that he felt he had to resign. Since then we know that this email was a fabrication from a Police officer from the same unit who was nowhere near the scene at the time but too late for Mitchell to keep his job.

I very much doubt that the PM or Mitchell himself had looked at the CCTV before he resigned other wise he would not have resigned.

It was a case of media mob justice stoked up by the Police Federation, the Labour front bench and the media.

You keep asking for the "real video and audio recordings" to be released as though the ones so far seen are not "real". I doubt if there will be audio recordings but agree that it would be helpful to see more footage of the CCTV.

Having said that the police log stated "There were several members of the public present, as is the norm opposite the pedestrian gate, and as we neared it Mr Mitchell said 'Best you learn you f****** place.....You don't run this f****** government.....Your'e f****** plebs', The members of the public looked visible shocked"

The CCTV footage so far released does cover the period and place where the fracas is supposed to have taken place and casts serious doubt on the police log with regard to the witnesses.

So I would not hold your breath that more footage will confirm the police account.

No one has come out of this smelling of roses and it will be interesting to see who Mitchell will sue. It is only a matter of time before someone takes action against libel made in postings on forums such as this one.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021May 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34_1430670222.jpg

Quote: JerryChicken "That camera must be located almost opposite the door to 10 Downing Street - can you imagine if, as we are supposed to believe, that is the only cctv source of the gates and approach to the home of our PM - can you imagine the aftermath of a terrorist attack on the gates which overpowered the three police officers there and led to Downing St being bombed and sacked and left in flames with our PM dead, "Police have examined the Downing St cctv and can't quite make out who the terrorists were, or if they were black, white or some other shade inbetween, or even people, sorry"'"

Excellent point my fellow conspiracy theorist 2.52685546875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Jake the Peg
11m
Season tickets
Faxlore
16m
Leigh it is
moto748
17m
Film game
Boss Hog
21m
Championship Awards
Butcher
23m
Best Semi
Wires71
35m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Emagdnim13
43m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
Recent
2025 membership/renewals
BP1
Recent
Call for funds
the fax in a
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Shopping list for 2025
UllFC
2m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
2m
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
moxi1
2m
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Deeeekos
3m
Man of Steel
matt_wire
4m
Seth Nikotemo
Trojan Horse
4m
Call for funds
the fax in a
4m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
5m
Squad for HKR
Lord Tony Sm
6m
Planning for next season
Jack Gaskell
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Championship Awards
Butcher
TODAY
Season tickets
Faxlore
TODAY
Best Semi
Wires71
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Deeeekos
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
Kick and cha
TODAY
Squad for HKR
Lord Tony Sm
TODAY
Proposed rule changes 2025
leeds owl
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Wigan Bull
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
Khlav Kalash
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Kevin Turvey
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
Douglas Blac
TODAY
2025 Squad
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
2024 Season Review
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
McNamara interview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
French Elite 1 season 2024/2025 Thread
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Butcher
TODAY
2025 membership/renewals
BP1
TODAY
Hull FC ladies
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Kai
Cokey
TODAY
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
moxi1
TODAY
Wakefield v Dons - Sunday 29 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
The play-offs
Ckt2487
TODAY
This years play off series
matt_wire
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M +12,873 80,12914,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
20:00
Hull KR
v
Warrington
 TOMORROW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sun 6th Oct
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       Championship 2024-R29
15:00
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
       League One 2024-R26
Keighley
v
Hunslet
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 4th Oct
SL
20:00
Hull KR-Warrington
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 28 761 341 420 42
Hull KR 27 719 327 392 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22