Jul 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2023May 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Sam the Eagle.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Sam the Eagle.gif

Quote: Zoo Zoo Boom "You really think the NHS has performed magnificently - really. I think it has been an absolute disgrace. It from a function treating many and various illnesses/conditions to treating just one. What happens to all those cancer sufferers who die because they couldn't get treated all those patients who need routine surgery to improve their life e.g. cataracts, knee replacement.

No doubt those at the sharp end of ICU have performed the day job but they are few and far between - the volumes through the NHS in the last year are approx. 20% of normal - why do the vast majority of staff deserve a significant pay increase?

This pandemic demonstrated how poor the NHS is run and how wasteful it is. I thought it was the job of the NHS to protect us not us to protect the NHS?'"

I think you're getting confused between the staff who work in the NHS and the privileged Tory politicians who have routinely underfunded it.

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1047No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 20204 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: silver2 "I think you're getting confused between the staff who work in the NHS and the privileged Tory politicians who have routinely underfunded it.'"

I don't think I am - you could put the whole GDP of this country into the NHS and it still wouldn't be sufficient. Where do you stop - what is the correct funding level?

Was the underfunding the route course of all these people getting Covid in hospital or a lack of simple cleanliness? It certainly wasn't due to a lack of staff or products as a big chunk of the staff weren't actually working.

The NHS proved it couldn't function when the pressure ramped up it became the National Covid Service and it didn't do a great job of that - highest death rate in Europe, highest death rate per million population in the world. Who sent all the infected pensioners back to care homes etc. etc.

The service needs a massive overhaul and as a population we need to decide what we actually want from a health service?

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1047No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 20204 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Scarlet Pimpernell "We could add the £43m that a Tory donor saved by the Tory minister at the expense of local government.
The pandemic will end and then the cover it provided will disappear and the governments many failures will be investigated but maybe not by the Sun or Express.'"

He simply wouldn't have gone ahead with the property if the charge remained in place - so do you want to provide jobs for many years or funds that yet another Labour council can blow on the many and various woke projects it engages in.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12614
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33809_1522680904.png
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_33809.png

Quote: Zoo Zoo Boom "I don't think I am - you could put the whole GDP of this country into the NHS and it still wouldn't be sufficient. Where do you stop - what is the correct funding level?

Was the underfunding the route course of all these people getting Covid in hospital or a lack of simple cleanliness? It certainly wasn't due to a lack of staff or products as a big chunk of the staff weren't actually working.

The NHS proved it couldn't function when the pressure ramped up it became the National Covid Service and it didn't do a great job of that - highest death rate in Europe, highest death rate per million population in the world. Who sent all the infected pensioners back to care homes etc. etc.

The service needs a massive overhaul and as a population we need to decide what we actually want from a health service?'"

Compared to other G7 countries our proportion of GDP spent on healthcare is quite low and actually fell between 2013 and 2017 (most recent figures I found). With an ageing population, I doubt continuing to spend less, as a % of GDP, is sustainable.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation ... 2019-08-29

I agree that some sort of national conversation about provision of healthcare would be valuable. However, the difficulty from my perspective is who would be framing it. There is no point engaging seriously with people you don’t trust, you just have to do what you can to resist.
Quote: Zoo Zoo Boom "I don't think I am - you could put the whole GDP of this country into the NHS and it still wouldn't be sufficient. Where do you stop - what is the correct funding level?

The service needs a massive overhaul and as a population we need to decide what we actually want from a health service?'"

Compared to other G7 countries our proportion of GDP spent on healthcare is quite low and actually fell between 2013 and 2017 (most recent figures I found). With an ageing population, I doubt continuing to spend less, as a % of GDP, is sustainable.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation ... 2019-08-29

I agree that some sort of national conversation about provision of healthcare would be valuable. However, the difficulty from my perspective is who would be framing it. There is no point engaging seriously with people you don’t trust, you just have to do what you can to resist.

RankPostsTeam
International Star5144
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Zoo Zoo Boom "He simply wouldn't have gone ahead with the property if the charge remained in place - so do you want to provide jobs for many years or funds that yet another Labour council can blow on the many and various woke projects it engages in.'"

What projects like building a new media facility, redecorating number 11 or building a bunker underground for those Photo opportunities by a tax payer funded photographer.
I guess you could add to the list the money wasted on buying PPE from favoured Tory friends or ignoring advice and developing a very expensive but failed Track and Trace app. The problem is our PM is good at wasting taxpayers money with his pet projects like the garden bridge and water cannons. He is especially good at lying and much like his mate Trump never admitting it.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17938
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: Zoo Zoo Boom "He simply wouldn't have gone ahead with the property if the charge remained in place - so do you want to provide jobs for many years or funds that yet another Labour council can blow on the many and various woke projects it engages in.'"

Are you sure that it wouldn't have gone ahead or have you been listening to (and believing) another very iffy Tory minister.
You should take more note of his body language under questioning and see just ho often he looks down at the floor when answering questions.
I wouldn't trust him if he said today was Tuesday.

Was his large donation from the developer to the Tory coffers a coincidence d040.gif

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1047No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 20204 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: wrencat1873 "Are you sure that it wouldn't have gone ahead or have you been listening to (and believing) another very iffy Tory minister.
You should take more note of his body language under questioning and see just ho often he looks down at the floor when answering questions.
I wouldn't trust him if he said today was Tuesday.

Was his large donation from the developer to the Tory coffers a coincidence
It was £10k - hardly huge - the developer himself said the project wasn't viable with the addition of a further £40m of cost.

Do you think the unions have an unhealthy influence over Labour? what's the difference or is OK for the unions but not for private investors?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1884No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2023May 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Zoo Zoo Boom "It was £10k - hardly huge - the developer himself said the project wasn't viable with the addition of a further £40m of cost.

Do you think the unions have an unhealthy influence over Labour? what's the difference or is OK for the unions but not for private investors?'"

The unions are made up of British working people. A number of the Tory donors are non UK tax payers, some are russian with links to Putin.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17938
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: Zoo Zoo Boom "It was £10k - hardly huge - the developer himself said the project wasn't viable with the addition of a further £40m of cost.

Do you think the unions have an unhealthy influence over Labour? what's the difference or is OK for the unions but not for private investors?'"

Of course the Unions have an influence over Labour and it's not always a good thing.
However, the current government looks grubby, with plenty of jobs for the boys, friends being awarded contracts and generally, a level of "sleaze" that hasn't been so blatantly open in ANY previous government.
It may well be that this is how things have always been but, NOBODY should be comfortable with the blatant abuse of power and blatant ignoring of the checks and balances that are in place to try and ensure that public money is spent "properly"

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1047No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 20204 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: wrencat1873 "Of course the Unions have an influence over Labour and it's not always a good thing.
However, the current government looks grubby, with plenty of jobs for the boys, friends being awarded contracts and generally, a level of "sleaze" that hasn't been so blatantly open in ANY previous government.
It may well be that this is how things have always been but, NOBODY should be comfortable with the blatant abuse of power and blatant ignoring of the checks and balances that are in place to try and ensure that public money is spent "properly"'"

Completely agree with that.

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1047No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 20204 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: silver2 "The unions are made up of British working people. A number of the Tory donors are non UK tax payers, some are russian with links to Putin.'"

The ordinary members have very little say in where their donations go its the fat cats like McClusky who decides which first growth claret he going to have that evening.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator31690
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
438_1551258406.jpg
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_438.jpg

Tories can't claim any moral high ground about the way their party is funded.

Unions represent their members after all whereas firms like McKinsey, Deloitte, PWC, Serco, Capita etc are in it for the money.

From my viewpoint the NHS has done very well with the cards it was dealt. The deck was stacked against it before the pandemic began.

This isn't just about funding (where increases have been a fraction of what they ought to have been since 2010) but also about how it's set up. The Health and Social Care Act was a complete mess. A complete dog's breakfast. One wonders what they'll come up with in their next top down reorganisation, pardon me for not being optimistic. The Conservatives are responsible for funding the NHS over the past 11 years and how it is set up and how it operates, to blame the NHS itself for 100k dead and counting is missing the point.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1884No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2023May 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Zoo Zoo Boom "The ordinary members have very little say in where their donations go its the fat cats like McClusky who decides which first growth claret he going to have that evening.'"

We have a predominantly right wing media in the UK and sadly many people believe what they read in the gutter press without further research or challenge.

So, for your information, no union member is obliged to contribute to a union's political fund should they not wish to do so. They can opt in or opt out. The shareholders of political donating companies have no such right.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17938
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif

A very interesting report out today regarding the £37 BILLION spaffed away on the "world beating" test and trace system.
Pretty much zero value for money but, front line NHS workers have their pay rise cut from the 2.1% agreed (pre pandemic) in 2019 to a pitiful 1% now and this comes after perhaps THE most testing year that The NHS have ever experienced. d040.gif

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1047No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 20204 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: wrencat1873 "A very interesting report out today regarding the £37 BILLION spaffed away on the "world beating" test and trace system.
Pretty much zero value for money but, front line NHS workers have their pay rise cut from the 2.1% agreed (pre pandemic) in 2019 to a pitiful 1% now and this comes after perhaps THE most testing year that The NHS have ever experienced.
Let's have some context here of £37bn 80% of the costs relate to taking and processing of the actual tests - one day this week they did 1.5m tests a number unimaginable 12 months ago when testing capacity was 2,000/day.

So that leaves 7bn in development costs - is that such a huge number to develop the systems to manage volumes on such a huge scale - I don't know - how much has it cost to develop similar systems in say Germany. Maybe it is but its not the 37bn everyone is quoting.

Perhaps it is because the money has had to be spent on these rush projects that there isn't the money to increase wages all over the public sector. In reality what % of the NHS has actually increased its workload - I would suggest the vast majority have seen a significant decrease in their activity

42 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
42 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.6787109375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Squad for Leeds
Or thane
3m
Round 17 Warrington Away
KaeruJim
15m
Wakefield H
Peter Goddar
19m
Tonights game v Leeds
The Speculat
20m
Odsal lease up for sale
Wigan Bull
24m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
25m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
Recent
Saints h
The Yellow G
Recent
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Leeds Home
Wire n Steel
Recent
Lewis Murphy
imwakefieldt
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Watson Been Stood Down
Deeeekos
42s
Rumours and signings v9
jonh
58s
Tonights game v Giants
Matt King's
1m
Salford - Away
pmarrow
1m
Shopping list for 2025
Chris71
1m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
1m
Saints h
The Yellow G
1m
Arthur In
RAPIDO
1m
Anyone know about wfd v batley
Wollo-Wollo-
1m
Watson toast
newgroundb4w
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Warrington Wolves Into Second With Win Over Leeds
RLFANS News
TODAY
Tonights game v Leeds
The Speculat
TODAY
Watson toast
newgroundb4w
TODAY
Watson Been Stood Down
Deeeekos
TODAY
Watson gone
Jo Jumbuck
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Giants
doc999
TODAY
Just makes me laugh
Wildmoggy
TODAY
Anyone know about wfd v batley
Wollo-Wollo-
TODAY
Bradford
BigTime
TODAY
One more Saints inspired novel
glee
TODAY
Bradford Away 140724
supercat
TODAY
Fax v Fev
The Phantom
TODAY
Cas
RfE
TODAY
Round 17 Warrington Away
KaeruJim
TODAY
Saints h
The Yellow G
TODAY
For the live of god Arthur out
batleyrhino
TODAY
Arthur In
RAPIDO
TODAY
Wakefield H
Peter Goddar
TODAY
Squad for Leeds
Or thane
TODAY
Academy Internationa
Winslade's O
TODAY
Jamie Humphreys NRL Debut
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
York v Dons Sunday 14th July 2024 3pm
Double Movem
TODAY
Warrington v Wigan Super League game to take place in Las Ve
Saddened!
TODAY
Las Vegas Official
TF and the w
TODAY
have the rules changed
financialtim
TODAY
FC v hull kr
Jake the Peg
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Into Second ..
Salford Hold On To Beat Unluck..
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win O..
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thri..
Wakefield Trinity Register Thi..
Englands Youngsters Beat Franc..
Big Win for England Women Over..
2024 State of Origin - Game 2 ..
New Structure for 2025 Challen..
Super League form rewarded as ..
Superb Salford Complete Histor..
Catalans Dragons Survive Secon..
Warrington Wolves Snatch Late ..
Spirit of Rob Burrow Inspires ..
Hull KR Drop Goal Secures Win ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.6M 3,351 ↓-10480,08514,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R19
 FT
Hover 
Dolphins
36-28
Souths
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R17
 FT 
Warrington
30-18
Leeds
 TOMORROW
11:00
Cronulla
v
Wests
     Womens Super League 2024-R8
17:30
WiganW
v
St.HelensW
20:00
LondonB
v
Castleford
Wigan
v
St.Helens
 Sat 13th Jul
08:30
Gold Coast
v
Parramatta
10:35
Brisbane
v
St.George
12:00
York V
v
FeatherstoneW
15:00
Hull FC
v
Hull KR
Leigh
v
Huddersfield
       Championship 2024-R15
Whitehaven
v
Toulouse
Catalans
v
Salford
 Sun 14th Jul
12:00
Wire W
v
LeedsW
       League One 2024-R15
14:00
Newcastle
v
Hunslet
14:00
Hudds W
v
BarrowW
       Championship 2024-R15
Batley
v
Barrow
Bradford
v
Wakefield
Halifax
v
Featherstone
Sheffield
v
Swinton
Widnes
v
Dewsbury
York
v
Doncaster
       League One 2024-R15
Oldham
v
Crusaders
Workington
v
Rochdale
17:05
Manly
v
Newcastle
 Wed 17th Jul
     State of Origin 2023-R3
11:05
Queensland
v
New South Wales
 Sat 17th Aug 2024
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R22
13:00
Hull FC
v
LondonB
15:30
Wigan
v
St.Helens
18:00
Warrington
v
Leeds
 Sun 18th Aug 2024
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R22
Leigh
v
Salford
Catalans
v
Hull KR
Huddersfield
v
Castleford
 Sun 27th Oct 2024
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov 2024
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Thu 11th Jul
SL
Warrington30-18Leeds
Fri 12th Jul
SL
LondonB-Castleford
WSL2024
WiganW-St.HelensW
SL
Wigan-St.Helens
Sat 13th Jul
SL
Hull FC-Hull KR
SL
Leigh-Huddersfield
SL
Catalans-Salford
Wed 17th Jul
SOO
11:05
Queensland-New South Wales
Sat 17th Aug
SL
Warrington-Leeds
SL
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
Leigh-Salford
SL
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Thu 11th Jul
NRL
LIVE
Dolphins36-28Souths
SL
LIVE
Warrington30-18Leeds
Sun 7th Jul
NRL 18 Sydney42-12St.George
NRL 18 Canberra12-16Newcastle
SL 16 Salford22-20Hull FC
CH 14 Dewsbury16-20Doncaster
CH 14 Featherstone66-0Whitehaven
CH 14 Swinton24-12Widnes
CH 14 Wakefield34-12Batley
CH 14 York54-12Barrow
L1 14 Newcastle0-44Workington
L1 14 Crusaders18-32Midlands
L1 14 Keighley20-20Rochdale
WSL2024 7 Wire W10-32Hudds W
WSL2024 7 York V44-0BarrowW
Sat 6th Jul
NRL 18 Canterbury13-12NZ Warriors
NRL 18 Wests28-40Melbourne
NRL 18 NQL Cowboys20-22Manly
SL 16 Hull KR14-16Catalans
SL 16 Leeds17-16LondonB
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 15 427 170 257 26
Warrington 17 436 231 205 24
St.Helens 16 429 170 259 22
Hull KR 16 397 217 180 22
Salford 16 317 308 9 22
Catalans 16 304 234 70 20

Leeds 17 309 316 -7 18
Huddersfield 16 298 365 -67 12
Leigh 15 270 250 20 11
Castleford 16 246 435 -189 9
Hull FC 16 218 496 -278 4
LondonB 16 156 615 -459 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 14 520 154 366 28
Sheffield 14 382 217 165 22
Bradford 14 353 230 123 19
Toulouse 13 344 186 158 17
Widnes 14 327 269 58 15
Featherstone 14 396 283 113 14

Doncaster 14 257 341 -84 13
York 15 339 305 34 12
Batley 14 217 320 -103 12
Swinton 14 284 344 -60 10