JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
19170_1432331165.jpg
A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself. When you rescue a dog, you gain a heart for life. Handle every situation like a dog. If you can't Eat it or Chew it. Pee on it and Walk Away. "No amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin. " Anuerin Bevan:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_19170.jpg

Quote: Dally "Why does it show the Coalition got it wrong by cutting spending too quickly? It simply doesn't. It shows we may be in recession, but that's more likely as a result of debt, sqeezed real incomes, the Eurozone, etc, etc and probably little to do with public spending cuts.'"

icon_eek.gif

Upto half a million people on ESA will completely lose their benefit starting from this Monday (30th April). They will literally have no money to spend on anything, essentials or otherwise. Your ignorance astounds me sometimes d040.gif

Him
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member14970No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2244_1299706258.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2244.jpg

The government are spending sod all on new academies etc
Why do you think consumer purchasing power or confidence has fallen? It's got sod all to do with personal debt, it's got to do with inflation and real income decreases. These have happened because of excessive public spending cuts which have led to higher unemployment & lower wages ontop of higher VAT (which is just crazy). As I said its a vicious circle. Lower spending power leads to lower consumption leads to lower production leads to higher inflation & unemployment/lower wages leads to lower spending power.
The government have done nothing to alleviate that situation. Lower public spending, especially on infrastructure (the construction industry is in tatters), & higher non-progressive taxes only reduce consumer spending & confidence.
The BoE's QE isn't really working yet and won't work fully until confidence increases and businesses feel confident enough to invest. Then they can take advantage of the cheaper money that QE provides.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member37704No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2051.jpg
The older I get, the better I was Advice is what we seek when we already know the answer - but wish we didn't I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full-frontal lobotomy ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ kirkstaller wrote: "All DNA shows is that we have a common creator." cod'ead wrote: "I have just snotted weissbier all over my keyboard & screen" ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ "No amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin." - Aneurin Bevan:2051.jpg

Gideon's wondering what all the fuss is about, he quite likes double-dip

RankPostsTeam
Moderator14395No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26.jpg
Last league derby at Central Park 5/9/1999: Wigan 28 St. Helens 20 Last league derby at Knowsley Road 2/4/2010: St. Helens 10 Wigan 18:26.jpg

Quote: Dally "They may have contributed but they are not the principal reason.

People have become fixated with public spending being an economic driver. It is not. It is something that can only be done out of the wealth created from other economic activities. It can have a place in simulating construction, etc - but the government are chucking loads of money at building acadamies, etc, etc. Also, through the BoE's QE huge amounts of extra money have been put into the economy.

The real problem, as I said, is more fundamental - debt, falling real incomes, EZ, etc. Until personal debt and fear as to incomes are reduced the problems will persist (with short-term ups and downs along the way). As predicted in 2008 it would take 10 years to sort out and still believe it will (but now I would suggest that is the best outcome). As a country we need to get used to falling living standards due to competition rom the developing world. People talk about British companies not investing - the top UK listed companies do invest but not much in the UK - because returns are smaller here than on a factory in a deveolping country.'"

"Austerity policies are driving us towards a double-dip recession" and "politics is at the root of the problem". Krugman and Stiglitz. Economics Nobel prize winners.

What was predicted by Ed Balls was that the shallow economic recovery that was under way two years ago when he took office could not stand the level of austerity policies added to the tax increases the government has made. He has been saying this ever since he got the shadow chancellors job and it looks like he was right and he has some of the worlds most respected economists on his side. Even before today bodies like the IMF have also stepped away from austerity policies as the solution and now we know why.

However the real reason why you are wrong is that you clearly have no idea of how big the public sector is relative to our economy. It is currently over 45% of out GDP figure. Anyone who suggesting you can make big cuts to that and not affect the economy in a big way is nuts.

Some will say that is too high a percentage but that is not the debate here. You can't hack huge chunks off public spending and not expect a recession when the private sector hasn't taken up the difference when there was next to no growth in the first place.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member37704No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2051.jpg
The older I get, the better I was Advice is what we seek when we already know the answer - but wish we didn't I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full-frontal lobotomy ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ kirkstaller wrote: "All DNA shows is that we have a common creator." cod'ead wrote: "I have just snotted weissbier all over my keyboard & screen" ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ "No amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin." - Aneurin Bevan:2051.jpg

rlGraph showing UK growth since The Comprehensive Spending Reviewrl

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman31779
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1014_1377173247.jpg
[url=http://johnpdobson.com:lyk3t81x]johnpdobson.com[/url:lyk3t81x] [url=http://www.twitter.com/johnnydobbo:lyk3t81x]Twitter[/url:lyk3t81x]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1014.jpg

Quote: DaveO "I first heard the panic buying of fuel would keep us out of a recession on the BBC radio 2 drive time business five minutes slot and not once was the economist who stated this asked the obvious questions that isn't it a rather false picture if we have to rely on that to keep us out of recession?'"

The language of recession is entirely semantic. Richard Nixon changed the definition to mean two successive quarters of contraction purely so he could say that America wasn't in one when it actually was. It would have been worth the hit to next the quarters figures if this one was showing growth from a purely academic and semantic standpoint only.
The key figure in all this is not whether we are technically back in recession or not, but this: the economy has grown by 0.4% since Gideon took office.

And anyway, the theory of perpetual growth is a nonsense. Maybe the UK economy is as big as it's ever going to get. How we might deal with that prospect is perhaps more interesting.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman14845No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2021Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
143_1357419061.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_143.jpg

Quote: Hull White Star "icon_eek.gif

Upto half a million people on ESA will completely lose their benefit starting from this Monday (30th April). They will literally have no money to spend on anything, essentials or otherwise. Your ignorance astounds me sometimes
I do not how ESA works but I thought if you get an application in by that date you continue to get it / something that replaces it? If not, I am not sure why my wife is doing an application.

With respect, at the macro-economic level of which we are speaking I am not sure that affects things. At the level of the individuals it is clearly devestating though.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner17898
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7384_1394882426.png
[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/14252202:io879g1y]2005 Challenge Cup[/url:io879g1y] To reconcile respect with practicality, what is the optimum speed for a hearse?:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_7384.png

Quote: Him "The government are spending sod all on new academies etc
Why do you think consumer purchasing power or confidence has fallen? It's got sod all to do with personal debt, it's got to do with inflation and real income decreases. These have happened because of excessive public spending cuts which have led to higher unemployment & lower wages ontop of higher VAT (which is just crazy). As I said its a vicious circle. Lower spending power leads to lower consumption leads to lower production leads to higher inflation & unemployment/lower wages leads to lower spending power.
The government have done nothing to alleviate that situation. Lower public spending, especially on infrastructure (the construction industry is in tatters), & higher non-progressive taxes only reduce consumer spending & confidence.
The BoE's QE isn't really working yet and won't work fully until confidence increases and businesses feel confident enough to invest. Then they can take advantage of the cheaper money that QE provides.'"

If the banks are willing to lend it

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member47951No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2017Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1977_1349889235.jpg
"You are working for Satan." [i:2886spie]Kirkstaller[/i:2886spie] "Dare to know!" [i:2886spie]Immanuel Kant[/i:2886spie] "Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive" [i:2886spie]Elbert Hubbard[/i:2886spie] "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." [i:2886spie]Oscar Wilde[/i:2886spie] [url=http://thevoluptuousmanifesto.blogspot.co.uk:2886spie][color=#4000FF:2886spie]The Voluptuous Manifesto[/color:2886spie][/url:2886spie] – thoughts on all sorts of stuff.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1977.jpg

Quote: John_D "... And anyway, the theory of perpetual growth is a nonsense. Maybe the UK economy is as big as it's ever going to get. How we might deal with that prospect is perhaps more interesting.'"

A very salient question. In terms of this government, it quite clearly couldn't give a damn – and the austerity cobblers is just a convenient smokescreen to help it shuffle more money into the pockets of its already-rich friends.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2021Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
143_1357419061.jpg

Quote: DaveO ""Austerity policies are driving us towards a double-dip recession" and "politics is at the root of the problem". Krugman and Stiglitz. Economics Nobel prize winners.

What was predicted by Ed Balls was that the shallow economic recovery that was under way two years ago when he took office could not stand the level of austerity policies added to the tax increases the government has made. He has been saying this ever since he got the shadow chancellors job and it looks like he was right and he has some of the worlds most respected economists on his side. Even before today bodies like the IMF have also stepped away from austerity policies as the solution and now we know why.

However the real reason why you are wrong is that you clearly have no idea of how big the public sector is relative to our economy. It is currently over 45% of out GDP figure. Anyone who suggesting you can make big cuts to that and not affect the economy in a big way is nuts.

Some will say that is too high a percentage but that is not the debate here. You can't hack huge chunks off public spending and not expect a recession when the private sector hasn't taken up the difference when there was next to no growth in the first place.'"

Things don't change overnight. There is inevitably a hard period of readjustment. But, the fundamental issues need addressing. The problem IS the size of the public sector as it eats resources that could be deployed more profitably. That's what rebalancing is about - cutting the public sector, shrinking the banking sector and allowing new indutries to develop and flourish. With such a large public sector and so relatively well paid there is no economic rationale for people to be entreprenerial and take risks. When by being a middle manager in a Local Authority you can become a millionaire (which is clearly the case with pension assets) why on earth would anyone take risks to set up a business or even work in the private sector as an employee? That is a very real issue which has been causing stagnation in the economy and has to be addressed before we turn into Greece. You can see from there just how sustainable a public sector based "economy" is. The only way a large public sector could work long-terms is by exporting its services to citizens of other countries in return for fees.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman28357
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
973_1515165968.gif
Last edited by Ferocious Aardvark on stardate Jun 26, 3013 11:27 am, edited 48,562,867,458,300,023 times in total:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_973.gif

Quote: Dally "...and has to be addressed before we turn into Greece. .'"

icon_confused.gif I thought we were drifting north-west, in general? But even if plate tectonics were reversed, surely the Alps would stop us ever turning into Greece?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2359
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
19170_1432331165.jpg
A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself. When you rescue a dog, you gain a heart for life. Handle every situation like a dog. If you can't Eat it or Chew it. Pee on it and Walk Away. "No amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin. " Anuerin Bevan:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_19170.jpg

Quote: Dally "I do not how ESA works but I thought if you get an application in by that date you continue to get it / something that replaces it? If not, I am not sure why my wife is doing an application.

With respect, at the macro-economic level of which we are speaking I am not sure that affects things. At the level of the individuals it is clearly devestating though.'"

If you are claiming Contributory ESA and are placed in the Work Related Activity Group and your household income is above the threshold of £7,500 your ESA ceases after 365 days. Your "household" is expected to support you. Given that I still have presctiptions to pay for, full mortgage, council tax, petrol to get to hospital appointments, all of which I contribute to, it does affect things. No more will we be able to buy anthing other than the absolute essentials to live. I'm not saying right now we will go straight into poverty but the household income will now be fully spent on the above I have mentioned,just to live, with nothing left, not even to go to rugby anymore icon_sad.gif With half a million ESA claimants not receiving their ESA benefit, 1000,s being made redundant ie caravan industry in Hull, more public sector cuts coming, and don't forget the pasty tax icon_wink.gif this surely must affect spending?

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman32466No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1122_1318449976.jpg
Someday everything is gonna be different, When I paint my masterpiece ------------------------------------------------------ [url=http://jerrychicken.wordpress.com/:k4m40udg]The Jerry Chicken Blog Page[/url:k4m40udg] ------------------------------------------------------ [url=http://www.artgallery.co.uk/artist/gary_kitchen_2:k4m40udg]BUY MY ART ONLINE AT ARTGALLERY.CO.UK[/url:k4m40udg] [url=https://theartonlinegallery.com/artist/garykitch/:k4m40udg]AT THE RIPPINGHAM GALLERY[/url:k4m40udg] .................................................................... [url=http://art-profiles.com/gary-kitchen/:k4m40udg]ART PROFILE[/url:k4m40udg] ................................................................... [url=http://twitter.com/GaryKitch:k4m40udg]On Twitter[/url:k4m40udg] ................................................................... [url=http://www.facebook.com/gary.kitchen2:k4m40udg]On Facebook[/url:k4m40udg] ...................................................................:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1122.jpg

Can I be the first to shout BINGO!

Just walked past a TV set to get me coffee and there is Panface struggling hard in the Commons shouting at the top of his voice "Its what we inherited!"

I'll have a prize from the middle row please.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator14395No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26.jpg
Last league derby at Central Park 5/9/1999: Wigan 28 St. Helens 20 Last league derby at Knowsley Road 2/4/2010: St. Helens 10 Wigan 18:26.jpg

Quote: Dally "Things don't change overnight. There is inevitably a hard period of readjustment. But, the fundamental issues need addressing. The problem IS the size of the public sector as it eats resources that could be deployed more profitably. '"

That is as I said a different debate as to whether or not cutting back spending on the public sector is a major factor in driving the economy into recession at this point in time. Given it is so large a part of the economy and given the private sector has not filled the gap it is so blindingly obvious that the cuts driven as much by ideology as economics (which is what those economists I quoted meant about politics being the problem) are a major factor.

Just admit you are wrong on that.

You will also have to explain how money currently spent on the public sector can be deployed more profitably. By doing what exactly? Cutting public spending and giving companies a tax break? Well that clearly isn't working (and it is what Osborne's one strategy for growth is).

The Tory philosophy of cut taxes for the wealthy and for companies funded by public sector spending cuts and this will all trickle down and magically rebalance the economy just won't work. However that won't stop Osborne sitting on his hands waiting for the miracle to happen.

Quote: Dally "That's what rebalancing is about - cutting the public sector, shrinking the banking sector and allowing new indutries to develop and flourish. With such a large public sector and so relatively well paid there is no economic rationale for people to be entreprenerial and take risks. When by being a middle manager in a Local Authority you can become a millionaire (which is clearly the case with pension assets) why on earth would anyone take risks to set up a business or even work in the private sector as an employee? '"

What? First of all there is no evidence of rebalancing going on and in any case the rebalancing we need to less reliance on banking and the city not just a switch from public to private. I suppose you will be telling me next the privatisation of the health service is rebalancing the economy? And where does this millionaire local authority middle management thing come from? The Daily Mail?

Quote: Dally "That is a very real issue which has been causing stagnation in the economy and has to be addressed before we turn into Greece. You can see from there just how sustainable a public sector based "economy" is. The only way a large public sector could work long-terms is by exporting its services to citizens of other countries in return for fees.'"

The public sector has grown since the 60's (as opposed to since 1997 as the Tories would have you believe) to be the percentage of GDP that it is. It isn't much different in that respect in the USA, that bastion of "small government". You have to ask why that is and in my view it is not what we do in the public sector but what it [icosts[/i to do it. I also believe that costs have gone up the more private industry has become involved. Many of our services are now decentralised, open to competition (buses and refuse collection for example) and while I don't have any figures to back it up I just do not believe we get these services cheaper as a result. I know from the work my wife has to do at he school she works at regarding what gets spent on suppliers of things like refuse collection the outgoings of a council to private companies are huge. If you want a fundamental rethink then I reckon we need to change the record of privatising everything that moves and thinking competition will drive costs down.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2021Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
143_1357419061.jpg

Quote: DaveO "That is as I said a different debate as to whether or not cutting back spending on the public sector is a major factor in driving the economy into recession at this point in time. Given it is so large a part of the economy and given the private sector has not filled the gap it is so blindingly obvious that the cuts driven as much by ideology as economics (which is what those economists I quoted meant about politics being the problem) are a major factor.

Just admit you are wrong on that.

You will also have to explain how money currently spent on the public sector can be deployed more profitably. By doing what exactly? Cutting public spending and giving companies a tax break? Well that clearly isn't working (and it is what Osborne's one strategy for growth is).

The Tory philosophy of cut taxes for the wealthy and for companies funded by public sector spending cuts and this will all trickle down and magically rebalance the economy just won't work. However that won't stop Osborne sitting on his hands waiting for the miracle to happen.

What? First of all there is no evidence of rebalancing going on and in any case the rebalancing we need to less reliance on banking and the city not just a switch from public to private. I suppose you will be telling me next the privatisation of the health service is rebalancing the economy? And where does this millionaire local authority middle management thing come from? The Daily Mail?

The public sector has grown since the 60's (as opposed to since 1997 as the Tories would have you believe) to be the percentage of GDP that it is. It isn't much different in that respect in the USA, that bastion of "small government". You have to ask why that is and in my view it is not what we do in the public sector but what it [icosts[/i to do it. I also believe that costs have gone up the more private industry has become involved. Many of our services are now decentralised, open to competition (buses and refuse collection for example) and while I don't have any figures to back it up I just do not believe we get these services cheaper as a result. I know from the work my wife has to do at he school she works at regarding what gets spent on suppliers of things like refuse collection the outgoings of a council to private companies are huge. If you want a fundamental rethink then I reckon we need to change the record of privatising everything that moves and thinking competition will drive costs down.'"

1. To reduce the debate to the fact we are apparently in recession today is silly. As I said, we have major problems which will take years to, hopefully, resolve. The fact is there will be ups and downs in headline figures along the way.

2. Resources will be reallocated into profitable areas if the public sector shrinks, just as they were after Thatcher's era. It just takes time. Is China more propserous now than during the days of Mao?

3. If a public sector manager gets a pension of say £50,000 pa that would be equivalent to saving a capital sum of ca. £1,000,000 (or £25,000 pa for 40 years - how many people can do that in the rest of the economy)?

4. Just like you, I have no idea whether outsourcing has been cost-effective or not. If it has not been then there has been mismanagement. It probably has been because even if it cost 10% more to collect the bins than the Council doing it through its employees the back offf savings in payroll, personnel management, training, pensions, holidays, etc would be saved.

170 posts in 12 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
170 posts in 12 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.93505859375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
18m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Irregular Ho
41m
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
Barstool Pre
58m
Season 2024
tomtom84
Recent
Rumours thread
Dunkirk Spir
Recent
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
Recent
Film game
Boss Hog
Recent
Leigh it is
NickyKiss
Recent
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
Douglas Blac
Recent
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
chapylad
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
57s
Shopping list for 2025
UllFC
1m
Fev H Play Off
Wigan Bull
1m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Irregular Ho
1m
Call for funds
Tony Fax
1m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
1m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
1m
Douglas Blac
1m
Season 2024
tomtom84
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
MorePlaymake
TODAY
Guest appearance
Kick and cha
TODAY
Squad for HKR
matt_wire
TODAY
Proposed rule changes 2025
MjM
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Wigan Bull
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
Khlav Kalash
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Kevin Turvey
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Douglas Blac
TODAY
2025 Squad
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
2024 Season Review
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
McNamara interview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
French Elite 1 season 2024/2025 Thread
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Butcher
TODAY
2025 membership/renewals
Chris71
TODAY
Hull FC ladies
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Kai
Cokey
TODAY
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Wakefield v Dons - Sunday 29 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
The play-offs
Ckt2487
TODAY
This years play off series
matt_wire
TODAY
Leigh it is
NickyKiss
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Play Off SF
Cokey
TODAY
Must do better
Wires71
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M +13,114 ↑15180,12914,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TOMORROW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
20:00
Hull KR
v
Warrington
 Sat 5th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sun 6th Oct
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       Championship 2024-R29
15:00
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
       League One 2024-R26
Keighley
v
Hunslet
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 4th Oct
SL
20:00
Hull KR-Warrington
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 28 761 341 420 42
Hull KR 27 719 327 392 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22