FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > The Sin Bin > Seems like 'we' might start shooting people?
189 posts in 14 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
RankPostsTeam
International Star2259No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Mar 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
59709_1306485067.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_59709.jpg

The disappointing part of the article on TV this evening was that they are training the Police to shoot the person below the chest. Sod that hit 'em where it hurts. Knock them over and follow up with a baton and a riot shield. Then a good roughing up in the cells.

They will be inclined to think twice about fire bombing party shops in Clapham if they knew what was round the corner

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10852No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
28995_1336988015.jpg
Christianity: because you're so awful you made God kill himself.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_28995.jpg

Quote: wire quin "The disappointing part of the article on TV this evening was that they are training the Police to shoot the person below the chest. Sod that hit 'em where it hurts. Knock them over and follow up with a baton and a riot shield. Then a good roughing up in the cells.

They will be inclined to think twice about fire bombing party shops in Clapham if they knew what was round the corner'"

Why stop there? Why not summary execution?

RankPostsTeam
International Star2259No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Mar 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
59709_1306485067.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_59709.jpg

'cause liberal people like you prefer to give chavs a second chance icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman502No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2012Feb 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: wire quin "The disappointing part of the article on TV this evening was that they are training the Police to shoot the person below the chest. Sod that hit 'em where it hurts. Knock them over and follow up with a baton and a riot shield. Then a good roughing up in the cells.

They will be inclined to think twice about fire bombing party shops in Clapham if they knew what was round the corner'"

Complete . Police are trained to "stop" targets and aim for the centre of the torso. The reason is that outside Clint Eastwood movies, no-one can shot at a moving target with a single shot weapon with any expectation of hitting a specific part of the body.

I speak from experience.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7152
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Jun 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12389.gif
:12389.gif

Quote: Him "I would imagine the police already have the authority and the right to do such a thing anyway.
The problem with it is, as with the idiots suggesting water cannon and rubber bullets would have stopped the riots earlier this year, that a police presence is necessary where these crimes are taking place.

The problem with the police response to the riots wasn't a lack of equipment or wrong tactics. It was a lack of police on the streets.'"

I think it was a combination of not enough feet on the street and poor tactics - and a poorly executed response. It was difficult for the police to react to a growing, fluid situation, though even when they were there in sufficient numbers, the 'stand off' approach was catastrophic.

As Peter Fahy says, if London had been in control within a few hours then copycat trouble would have been very unlikely. That would have meant the Met going in hard and fast and in great numbers. What actually happened was rioters knew they could do what they liked - often in full view of the line of police blockading one end of the high street - without immediate consequence.

British culture has been, for too long, one of a softly-softly approach. We complain when the police clamp down on disturbances and riots at protests, and the pathetic overreaction to 'kettling' was farcical. Then after we've we condemned and vilified the police for years we don't understand when they aren't willing or perhaps able to do what is necessary to stop violence on the streets. Generations of scrotes have grown up knowing they probably won't face much in the way of severe consequence for their actions and some of the behaviour displayed during the riots was, in part, an extension of that.

Frankly, I'm more surprised that we watch rioters engaging in rioting, arson and other violence and we AREN'T using measure such as plastic bullets or water cannon. And if getting sufficient numbers on the scene in time is an issue, then give them the tools to counter the balance.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach20628
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44480_1390845286.jpg
It's been fun.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44480.jpg

Quote: Cronus "I think it was a combination of not enough feet on the street and poor tactics - and a poorly executed response. It was difficult for the police to react to a growing, fluid situation, though even when they were there in sufficient numbers, the 'stand off' approach was catastrophic.

As Peter Fahy says, if London had been in control within a few hours then copycat trouble would have been very unlikely. That would have meant the Met going in hard and fast and in great numbers. What actually happened was rioters knew they could do what they liked - often in full view of the line of police blockading one end of the high street - without immediate consequence.

British culture has been, for too long, one of a softly-softly approach. We complain when the police clamp down on disturbances and riots at protests, and the pathetic overreaction to 'kettling' was farcical. Then after we've we condemned and vilified the police for years we don't understand when they aren't willing or perhaps able to do what is necessary to stop violence on the streets. Generations of scrotes have grown up knowing they probably won't face much in the way of severe consequence for their actions and some of the behaviour displayed during the riots was, in part, an extension of that.

Frankly, I'm more surprised that we watch rioters engaging in rioting, arson and other violence and we AREN'T using measure such as plastic bullets or water cannon. And if getting sufficient numbers on the scene in time is an issue, then give them the tools to counter the balance.'"

eusa_clap.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: Cronus "I think it was a combination of not enough feet on the street and poor tactics - and a poorly executed response. It was difficult for the police to react to a growing, fluid situation, though even when they were there in sufficient numbers, the 'stand off' approach was catastrophic.

Frankly, I'm more surprised that we watch rioters engaging in rioting, arson and other violence and we AREN'T using measure such as plastic bullets or water cannon. And if getting sufficient numbers on the scene in time is an issue, then give them the tools to counter the balance.'"

Was it catastrophic?

There is a fairly good chance that had the police responded 'forcefully' then the riots would have escalated and there would have been more injuries and deaths. Would that then be classed as a success? Especially considering the original provocation or reasoning given for the earliest rioting and disturbances was the police 'going in hard and fast' and shooting an unarmed man, im not sure that showing the same attitude would have calmed rather than inflamed the situation.

It seems strange as well that your only ideas to stop violence on the streets is for the police to perpetrate the violence on the streets.

We have laws, one of the oldest is the right to due process and the right to the presumption of innocence, kettling (which is simply a propaganda name for detention without due process), the use of water cannon and rubber bullets are punishments for people not yet found guilty, and as such against the principles of due process and presumption of innocence, why would you expect people to respect the police and the law when the police dont respect the principles of law?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach20628
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44480_1390845286.jpg
It's been fun.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44480.jpg

Some of these people don't respect police period, you could do ANYTHING from softly softly to Chinese police tactics and they'll always think the same.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: Horatio Yed "Some of these people don't respect police period, you could do ANYTHING from softly softly to Chinese police tactics and they'll always think the same.'"

And a lot of peoples experiences with the police are uniformly bad, it isnt surprising they dont respect them. Some police officers 'soft skills' are embarrassingly poor, the way they communicate is so bad its like they have actual social disorders.
Ill give you an example, I got a taxi from a friends house to my house last friday, i asked the taxi driver to stop at a cash machine so i could get some money to pay him, the taxi driver stopped, on a double yellow (something he obviously shouldnt have done) let me out, i went to the cash machine, as i was getting back in the taxi a police van pulled up next to the taxi, made the taxi driver wind the window down and bollock the taxi driver for parking on a double yellow line at 2am before ending his little tirade aggressively shouting at the taxi driver "you will move now!", the taxi driver drove off and dropped me at home.

Both I and the taxi driver couldnt understand what possible benefit the officer saw in acting so aggressively toward him? I had got back in the taxi, there was no need to demand he "move now" of course he was going to move immediately, i had a home to go to and he had other fares to pick up. I knew it wasnt worth a police officer messing around filling out all the necessary forms to fine a taxi driver for waiting on double yellow lines and the officer (and the van full of his colleagues which he was driving) were better utilised doing other things at 2am on a friday night in a city centre, the taxi driver knew it and the police officer knew it. So why act so aggressively? Had the officer said " you need to move mate, you cant park here, ill let you off this time" the taxi driver leaves thinking "fair enough, i got away with it this time, i wont do it again, that police man was alright, next time the police want my help ill be more inclined to do so" rather than what he actually thought which was " that police officer was a proper dickhe&d, I want nothing to do with them"

Its a simple attitude change, there is a strange almost paternal 'you will do it because i say so' attitude from a fair proportion (not all by any means) of the police force which is stupid because most people have grown up and matured beyond unquestioning obedience by the time they hit puberty, I have no idea why people expect it would work.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7152
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Jun 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12389.gif

Quote: SmokeyTA "Was it catastrophic?

There is a fairly good chance that had the police responded 'forcefully' then the riots would have escalated and there would have been more injuries and deaths. Would that then be classed as a success? Especially considering the original provocation or reasoning given for the earliest rioting and disturbances was the police 'going in hard and fast' and shooting an unarmed man, im not sure that showing the same attitude would have calmed rather than inflamed the situation.

It seems strange as well that your only ideas to stop violence on the streets is for the police to perpetrate the violence on the streets.

We have laws, one of the oldest is the right to due process and the right to the presumption of innocence, kettling (which is simply a propaganda name for detention without due process), the use of water cannon and rubber bullets are punishments for people not yet found guilty, and as such against the principles of due process and presumption of innocence, why would you expect people to respect the police and the law when the police dont respect the principles of law?'"

Absolutely it was catastrophic. The wide perception was that the police had lost control; the streets were fair game - and that soon spread throughout the nation. As the independent Riots Communities and Victims Panel found, the disorder began to spread as soon as people saw the police had lost control in Tottenham. Indeed, almost every report finds that initial police tactics and numbers were ineffective and that had a knock-on effect as people jumped on the bandwagon.

Most reports also found that the disorder was ultimately stopped by "flooding the streets" with police. If that had been possible much earlier the nationwide perception would have been that the trouble had been contained and quashed, and others wouldn't have seen it as an opportunity to go out and have a little fun. There would have been no need for plastic bullets at all, as there wouldn't have been the escalation in violence. The police in Tottenham could have contained things quickly and firmly with sufficient numbers and even conventional tactics, but that wasn't the case and the rioters literally ran riot. Your assertion that hard action would have escalated things is patently wrong.

Your last paragraph is symptomatic of the attitude of the rioters and is utter nonsense. You would, I assume, prefer the police to stand back and watch in the hope they can catch up with the rioters at a later date? Christ, look how that worked out! When you have thousands of rioters smashing businesses, setting fire to property and attacking people, the police must respond accordingly and such massive levels of disturbance require increased levels of response. A lily-livered response is idiotic and leaves innocent businesses, homes and indeed lives defenceless.

And I don't care if rioters respect the police or not. What I want is them to be sufficiently frightened of the consequences that they think twice. And if they make the choice to involve themselves at whatever level, I want the police able to get them off the streets as quickly as possible. They must be made aware that their actions have consequences, and that might mean an almighty wallop in the groin from a plastic bullet.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Cronus "Absolutely it was catastrophic. The wide perception was that the police had lost control; the streets were fair game - and that soon spread throughout the nation. As the independent Riots Communities and Victims Panel found, the disorder began to spread as soon as people saw the police had lost control in Tottenham. Indeed, almost every report finds that initial police tactics and numbers were ineffective and that had a knock-on effect as people jumped on the bandwagon.'"
I really think you should have a higher threshold for catastrophe

Quote: Cronus "Most reports also found that the disorder was ultimately stopped by "flooding the streets" with police. If that had been possible much earlier the nationwide perception would have been that the trouble had been contained and quashed, and others wouldn't have seen it as an opportunity to go out and have a little fun. There would have been no need for plastic bullets at all, as there wouldn't have been the escalation in violence. The police in Tottenham could have contained things quickly and firmly with sufficient numbers and even conventional tactics, but that wasn't the case and the rioters literally ran riot. Your assertion that hard action would have escalated things is patently wrong.'"
But escalated numbers and plastic bullets/bullets/water cannon/kettling are completely different things why are you trying to conflate them?
And how do you know it was patently wrong to state that the kind of 'firm' policing you seem to be advocating would escalate the situation when we know that it was the actual cause of situation? it seems counter-intuitive to state that repeating what caused the situation wouldnt exacerbate it, its like lighting some accelerant and trying to put the fire with more accelerant.
Quote: Cronus "Your last paragraph is symptomatic of the attitude of the rioters and is utter nonsense. You would, I assume, prefer the police to stand back and watch in the hope they can catch up with the rioters at a later date? Christ, look how that worked out! When you have thousands of rioters are smashing businesses, setting fire to property and attacking people, the police must respond accordingly and such massive levels of disturbance require increased levels of response. A lily-livered response is idiotic and leaves innocent businesses, homes and indeed lives defenceless.'"

Well we can see how that worked out, the police did wait and punish the guilty, which seems infinitely more preferable to me than lumping everybody in the vicinity in as the same punishing them all equally. And frankly im not keen on anthropomorphising businesses and houses, I wouldnt really apply guilt or innocence to them, it doesnt really make sense. But neither would I equate damage to buildings or things as anywhere near as important as people, their liberty, the rule of law, the application of law, the presumption of innocence, and the right to due process. Compared to those principles buildings and houses are relatively unimportant.
Quote: Cronus "And I don't care if rioters respect the police or not. What I want is them to be sufficiently frightened of the consequences that they think twice. And if they make the choice to involve themselves at whatever level, I want the police able to get them off the streets as quickly as possible. They must be made aware that their actions have consequences, and that might mean an almighty wallop in the groin from a plastic bullet.'"

Well I think you would fit in nicely in North Korea. I really cant believe you honestly believe that yourself, you are advocating the police breaking the law to send out a message and intimidate people into doing what they want. It is actually an abhorrent standpoint to have. It goes against every principle of freedom, democracy and just general good morals. If you honestly believe this I pity you because your view of the world must be awful.

Frankly i think anybody whose legitimacy is based on ruling by fear has no legitimacy in ruling at all and should it come down to a choice between the people nicking trainers and the people riding roughshod over human rights and established democratic law I know whose side I would be proud to be on.

If the police expect people to abide by the law, the very least the police need to be doing is abiding by the law themselves

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7152
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Jun 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12389.gif

Quote: SmokeyTA "I really think you should have a higher threshold for catastrophe'"

It was pretty damn catastrophic for a lot of businesses and homes, and a few lives. Or don't they matter?

Quote: SmokeyTA "But escalated numbers and plastic bullets/bullets/water cannon/kettling are completely different things why are you trying to conflate them? And how do you know it was patently wrong to state that the kind of 'firm' policing you seem to be advocating would escalate the situation when we know that it was the actual cause of situation? it seems counter-intuitive to state that repeating what caused the situation wouldnt exacerbate it, its like lighting some accelerant and trying to put the fire with more accelerant.'"

Are you drunk? Pretty much every report has found that insufficient policing helped escalate the trouble, and that massive policing stopped the trouble. But seeing as your agenda doesn't agree you choose to ignore the facts. And I'm advocating a hard and fast response in circumstances of riot, arson and widespread violence, not on the everyday street. If you actually read my reply you'll see I said "sufficient number and conventional tactics"; I'm not advocating plastic bullets unless things seriously deteriorate.

Firm policing was not the cause of the situation. A firearms incident was the spark and insufficient policing (in terms of numbers and response) allowed the trouble to spread. Try reading the findings.

Quote: SmokeyTA "Well we can see how that worked out, the police did wait and punish the guilty, which seems infinitely more preferable to me than lumping everybody in the vicinity in as the same punishing them all equally. And frankly im not keen on anthropomorphising businesses and houses, I wouldnt really apply guilt or innocence to them, it doesnt really make sense. But neither would I equate damage to buildings or things as anywhere near as important as people, their liberty, the rule of law, the application of law, the presumption of innocence, and the right to due process. Compared to those principles buildings and houses are relatively unimportant.'"

Well you're an idiot. And a drunk idiot tonight, it seems, if you prefer your force of law to stand back and watch widespread rioting just in case an innocent (who just [ihappens [/ito be in vicinity of said rioting) is caught up in the response.

Yes, we can see exactly how things worked out. Massive destruction, loss of homes and businesses, hundreds of injuries and several deaths. Yet you know better and think the police should still stand back? Wow.

Quote: SmokeyTA "Well I think you would fit in nicely in North Korea. I really cant believe you honestly believe that yourself, you are advocating the police breaking the law to send out a message and intimidate people into doing what they want. It is actually an abhorrent standpoint to have. It goes against every principle of freedom, democracy and just general good morals. If you honestly believe this I pity you because your view of the world must be awful.'"

Oh seriously, go outside and have a cry.

Quote: SmokeyTA "Frankly i think anybody whose legitimacy is based on ruling by fear has no legitimacy in ruling at all and should it come down to a choice between the people nicking trainers and the people riding roughshod over human rights and established democratic law I know whose side I would be proud to be on.

If the police expect people to abide by the law, the very least the police need to be doing is abiding by the law themselves'"

Wind your neck in. We're talking about circumstances such as those seen in September, not as a standard rule of law. I'm fairly sure you understand that but choose, as ever, to cry your eyes out. Don't you feel just a little pathetic?

No-one's talking about the police breaking the law. If it is found that plastic bullets and water cannon are required then the rules of engagement will be changed. The Inspectorate of Constabulary are simply citing making recommendations based on the worst case scenario. The primary recommended focus is getting numbers on the ground, but they find it [imight [/ibe necessary to have additional tools on the ground in certain circumstances.

Tell you what, next time there's widespread rioting, arson and violence - I'll start twittering (anonymously of course) that they go round your gaff and burn it to the ground. Perhaps a few family members will have to jump from first floor windows but apparently that's acceptable. On your advice the police will stand back just in case a few "innocents" happen to be in the firing line (though why they would be is beyond me). I'm sure you'll be content when perhaps a couple of the rioters are tracked down.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Cronus "It was pretty damn catastrophic for a lot of businesses and homes, and a few lives. Or don't they matter?'"
Who has said they dont matter. As I said, you need a higher threshold for catastrophe

Quote: Cronus "Are you drunk? Pretty much every report has found that insufficient policing helped escalate the trouble, and that massive policing stopped the trouble. But seeing as your agenda doesn't agree you choose to ignore the facts. And I'm advocating a hard and fast response in circumstances of riot, arson and widespread violence, not on the everyday street. If you actually read my reply you'll see I said "sufficient number and conventional tactics"; I'm not advocating plastic bullets unless things seriously deteriorate.Firm policing was not the cause of the situation. A firearms incident was the spark and insufficient policing (in terms of numbers and response) allowed the trouble to spread. Try reading the findings.'"
And as I said, a hard and fast response is what lit the fire. Why do you then expect it to put the same fire out. I have no issue with there being more police on the street, im just not sure why you want to pretend higher numbers is the same as 'firm' and 'hard and fast' and any other aggressive terminology you think makes you look strong.

Quote: Cronus "Well you're an idiot. And a drunk idiot tonight, it seems, if you prefer your force of law to stand back and watch widespread rioting just in case an innocent (who just [ihappens [/ito be in vicinity of said rioting) is caught up in the response.'"
Im not sure you need to be drunk to understand that fighting fire with fire guarantees something is going to burn.

Quote: Cronus "Yes, we can see exactly how things worked out. Massive destruction, loss of homes and businesses, hundreds of injuries and several deaths. Yet you know better and think the police should still stand back? Wow.'"
And we have also seen what happens when the police go in 'hard and fast'. If you think that is preferable then there is something wrong with you.

Quote: Cronus "Oh seriously, go outside and have a cry.

Wind your neck in. We're talking about circumstances such as those seen in September, not as a standard rule of law. I'm fairly sure you understand that but choose, as ever, to cry your eyes out. Don't you feel just a little pathetic?'"
Do you think that makes you sound tough? It doesnt, just pretty stupid. The rule of law is sacrosanct. There is no standard rule of law, there is rule of law, it applies all the time.

Quote: Cronus "No-one's talking about the police breaking the law. If it is found that plastic bullets and water cannon are required then the rules of engagement will be changed. The Inspectorate of Constabulary are simply citing making recommendations based on the worst case scenario. The primary recommended focus is getting numbers on the ground, but they find it [imight [/ibe necessary to have additional tools on the ground in certain circumstances.

Tell you what, next time there's widespread rioting, arson and violence - I'll start twittering (anonymously of course) that they go round your gaff and burn it to the ground. Perhaps a few family members will have to jump from first floor windows but apparently that's acceptable. On your advice the police will stand back just in case a few "innocents" happen to be in the firing line (though why they would be is beyond me). I'm sure you'll be content when perhaps a couple of the rioters are tracked down.'"
There is a lot that seems beyond you, This is why you look weak when you think you are being strong. Im not afraid of your ridiculous hypotheticals, I know that it is very unlikely to happen and I dont need some draconian protection allowing the principles of law to be suspended to protect me from it. I dont need it to assuage my fear of it happening, I have more faith in people. You are seeming terrified, so scared of this very rare scenario happening that you need to know you have a big bully on hand to protect you regardless of if innocent people get hurt.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member37704No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2051.jpg
The older I get, the better I was Advice is what we seek when we already know the answer - but wish we didn't I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full-frontal lobotomy ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ kirkstaller wrote: "All DNA shows is that we have a common creator." cod'ead wrote: "I have just snotted weissbier all over my keyboard & screen" ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ "No amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin." - Aneurin Bevan:2051.jpg

Quote: The Video Ref "I saw the title and was looking forward to a thread about shooting civil servants.
Any suggestions as to how we do without: the armed forces, doctors, nurses, policemen, ambulance drivers, firemen etc?

Or don't you consider them to be civil servants?

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman28357
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
973_1515165968.gif
Last edited by Ferocious Aardvark on stardate Jun 26, 3013 11:27 am, edited 48,562,867,458,300,023 times in total:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_973.gif

Quote: SmokeyTA "...The rule of law is sacrosanct. There is no standard rule of law, there is rule of law, it applies all the time. '"

Whilst I've no wish to be drawn into your personal spat, even you must surely understand that the entire discussion since the riots is precisely the total and comprehensive breakdown in the rule of law in a number of places?

Quote: SmokeyTA "...You are seeming terrified, so scared of this very rare scenario happening that you need to know you have a big bully on hand to protect you regardless of if innocent people get hurt.'"

He may or may not be. It isn't the point. The point is whether, if in future you have another scenario where police are stood watching rioters burning down buildings with people in them, there is or is not something they could or should be able to do differently.

If you were in the building with young children, would you want the police to actively do something to try to prevent your imminent immolation, or would you shout down "No, let it go mates, innocent people may die but hey, it's a rare event"? And "some of the people smashing down the doors and windows and carrying petrol and flaming torches may be innocent"?

189 posts in 14 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
189 posts in 14 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.15771484375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Film game
Wanderer
2m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
3m
Sheffield A
Wigan Bull
3m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
10m
Hull KR H
NickyKiss
18m
Recruitment rumours and links
Boss Hog
46m
Whitehaven
phe13
51m
Who do we want in the play-offs
rubber ducki
52m
Hudds
BigTime
53m
I struggle with this
atomic
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
28s
Rumours thread
PopTart
37s
Recruitment rumours and links
Boss Hog
37s
FRENCH
NickyKiss
40s
rubber ducki
41s
Whitehaven
phe13
42s
Hull KR H
NickyKiss
44s
Squads - Tigers v Leopards
doc999
47s
Squads - Leopards v Wolves
Septimius Se
1m
Saints h
Zig
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 26
FoxyRhino
TODAY
7pm
PopTart
TODAY
rubber ducki
TODAY
Tomkins last chance
Big Steve
TODAY
Ken Rollin
PopTart
TODAY
Max
PopTart
TODAY
Play-offs
Deeeekos
TODAY
Highlights v Whitehaven
Dunkirk Spir
TODAY
Play offs
newcat
TODAY
George Williams
just_browny
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Huddersfield Away
Old Man John
TODAY
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off London Challenge
RLFANS News
TODAY
Salford Close In On The Play Offs As Dragons Crisis Continues
RLFANS News
TODAY
Batley v Dons - Sunday 8 September 2024
AdamH
TODAY
Staying down after head contact
Jake the Peg
TODAY
Broncos Ladies
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
OT players staying down but staying on after treatment
djcool
TODAY
Hull live/Tomlinson
The Dentist
TODAY
Todays match v Saints
ratticusfinc
TODAY
New England RL shirt
The Curtism
TODAY
Reserves Grand Final
Zig
TODAY
Shareholder meetings
Dunkirk Spir
TODAY
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth After Defeating Castleford Tigers
RLFANS News
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
Leeds Rhinos Ride Their Luck F..
Wigan Warriors Level Top As Ca..
Castleford Tigers Inflict Anot..
Leigh Into the Six After Beati..
Five Into Three - Our Top Six ..
Leigh Leopards Lay Claim To Pl..
Salford Up To Fourth After Dem..
Hull KR Embarrass Saints As Th..
Rhinos Sweep Past the Dragons ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M +53,324 ↓-10980,11314,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Fri 13th Sep
     National Rugby League 2024-R28
10:50
Penrith
v
Sydney
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R26
20:00
Leigh
v
Hull KR
St.Helens
v
Castleford
Wigan
v
Leeds
 Sat 14th Sep
07:05
Melbourne
v
Cronulla
10:50
NQL Cowboys
v
Newcastle
     Womens Super League 2024-R14
14:00
FeatherstoneW
v
York V
St.HelensW
v
BarrowW
15:00
Hull FC
v
Salford
       Championship 2024-R26
Barrow
v
Whitehaven
Bradford
v
Batley
Dewsbury
v
Swinton
Doncaster
v
Widnes
Featherstone
v
Sheffield
Wakefield
v
York
17:00
Toulouse
v
Halifax
Catalans
v
LondonB
 Sun 15th Sep
07:05
Canterbury
v
Manly
12:00
WiganW
v
LeedsW
       League One 2024-R23
Midlands
v
Workington
Hudds W
v
Wire W
Huddersfield
v
Warrington
       League One 2024-R23
Rochdale
v
Hunslet
 Fri 20th Sep
       Championship 2024-R27
19:30
Sheffield
v
York
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R27
Huddersfield
v
Castleford
Hull FC
v
Catalans
Hull KR
v
Leeds
Leigh
v
St.Helens
Warrington
v
LondonB
Wigan
v
Salford
 Sat 21st Sep
       Championship 2024-R27
18:00
Featherstone
v
Dewsbury
18:00
Widnes
v
Toulouse
19:30
Wakefield
v
Barrow
 Sun 22nd Sep
       Championship 2024-R27
Batley
v
Swinton
Halifax
v
Bradford
Swinton
v
Doncaster
 Sat 28th Sep
       Championship 2024-R28
17:00
Toulouse
v
Batley
 Sun 29th Sep
       Championship 2024-R28
Barrow
v
Widnes
Bradford
v
Swinton
Dewsbury
v
Sheffield
Wakefield
v
Doncaster
Whitehaven
v
Halifax
York
v
Featherstone
 Sun 27th Oct 2024
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov 2024
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 13th Sep
SL
Leigh-Hull KR
SL
St.Helens-Castleford
SL
Wigan-Leeds
Sat 14th Sep
SL
Hull FC-Salford
SL
Catalans-LondonB
Sun 15th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Warrington
Fri 20th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Castleford
SL
Hull FC-Catalans
SL
Hull KR-Leeds
SL
Leigh-St.Helens
SL
Warrington-LondonB
SL
Wigan-Salford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 8th Sep
SL 25 Huddersfield22-16LondonB
WSL2024 13 LeedsW52-12FeatherstoneW
WSL2024 13 BarrowW24-4Hudds W
WSL2024 13 WiganW12-16York V
CH 25 Batley0-38Doncaster
CH 25 Halifax34-6Dewsbury
CH 25 Sheffield12-30Bradford
CH 25 Swinton28-8Featherstone
CH 25 Wakefield60-6Whitehaven
CH 25 Widnes6-12York
NRL 27 Manly20-40Cronulla
NRL 27 Newcastle14-6Dolphins
Sat 7th Sep
SL 25 Warrington16-2St.Helens
SL 25 Salford27-12Catalans
WSL2024 13 Wire W0-98St.HelensW
CH 25 Barrow24-36Toulouse
NRL 27 St.George24-26Canberra
NRL 27 Canterbury6-44NQL Cowboys
NRL 27 Penrith18-12Gold Coast
Fri 6th Sep
SL 25 Castleford12-34Leigh
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 25 619 336 283 40
Hull KR 25 669 311 358 38
Warrington 25 618 319 299 36
Salford 25 492 479 13 30
Leigh 25 548 362 186 29
St.Helens 25 544 366 178 28

Leeds 25 514 424 90 28
Catalans 25 439 415 24 26
Huddersfield 25 434 582 -148 18
Castleford 25 411 661 -250 15
Hull FC 25 320 812 -492 6
LondonB 25 309 850 -541 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 23 872 252 620 44
Bradford 23 602 359 243 30
Toulouse 22 624 322 302 29
Widnes 23 499 403 96 27
York 24 609 419 190 26
Featherstone 23 560 452 108 26

Sheffield 23 574 466 108 26
Doncaster 23 440 513 -73 21
Halifax 23 457 579 -122 20
Batley 23 364 497 -133 20