JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2023Feb 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22575.gif
"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs.":22575.gif

Quote: JerryChicken "Not being a fan of the party whips and toe-ing the party line for five years of sheep-herding and establishing rules and dogma behind closed doors while conveniently ignoring the tales you spun at the sales pitch (the general election), I simply vote for my representative and not his party. He is a good bloke, works hard in the constituency, tweets every time he goes for a p1ss break in the Commons so I know exactly where he is and what he's doing, and he campaigns in the House on constituency issues.

All of which is 100% more than I knew about the previous Labour and Conservative MP's who held this seat before Greg Mulholland came along, admittedly they didn't have the advantage of a smart phone but nor did they ever bother to let anyone know via other media what they were up to.'"

Judging by the fact that Hetherington gave Mulholland a full page in the Leeds programme today to set out his case, alongside a picture of the pair of them and Sinfield, it seems Leeds are very keen for him to be re-elected icon_lol.gif

However I do think Mulholland's personal vote is very substantial indeed and this isn't uncommon in Lib Dem-held constituencies. My mum and dad have lived in Leeds NW since before I was born and voted solid Conservative from Donald Kaberry, through Keith Hampson to the various no-chance Tories in 01 and 05. But they are so resolutely in the "Mulholland is a great bloke" camp it's quite startling.

I live now in the other West Yorkshire constituency with a Lib Dem MP, albeit a slightly more controversial one. I'm going to vote for him, but he's unlikely to withstand being swamped by Labour - but again from what I can see his personal vote seems very strong.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3605No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
67953_1341943970.jpg
Someday everything is gonna be different, when I paint my masterpiece ---------------------------------------------------------- [url=http://garykitchen.co.uk/:lnkxkae0]Online art gallery, selling original landscape artwork[/url:lnkxkae0] ---------------------------------------------------------- [url=http://jerrychicken.wordpress.com/:lnkxkae0]JerryChicken - The Blog[/url:lnkxkae0] ----------------------------------------------------------:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_67953.jpg

Quote: The Ghost of '99 "Judging by the fact that Hetherington gave Mulholland a full page in the Leeds programme today to set out his case, alongside a picture of the pair of them and Sinfield, it seems Leeds are very keen for him to be re-elected

It might also help that Mulholland plays in the parliamentary RL team in the charity games they organise, I think they had one just the other weekend, he's also in the parliamentary RL group.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman18060No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Quote: cod'ead "Well, where to start?

The state grew during 1997-2008 simply because the previous tory administration had decimated the NHS and education to the point of near collapse. Patients on trollies in corridors, children educated in leaking "temporary" classrooms. Labour inherited that and something needed to be done to redress the problems.

Labour is not anti-business, it is however pro-business paying its share and making a fair contribution to the state costs of infrastructure. The US has a rate of corporation tax almost double ours and yet they still seem to allow companies to emerge and thrive.

"Building future slums"?

In 1953 my parents and I moved from a back bedroom in my grandmother's house, into a newly built, 2 bedroomed terrace house on a brand new estate, built on the outskirts of Hull. Built on land that had previoulsy been agricultural, so acquired for a song. The estate was a mix of 2,3 & 4 bedroomed houses, 2 pubs, 2 parades of shops with 1 & 2 bedroomed flats above. A fair amount of "pensioner bungalows", an "old folks home", a coupleof six-bedroomed homes for foster families and two doctors' surgeries (actually two 2 bedroom houses). The original tenants were spread across a wide range of careers

Where to start?

You are very selective about the points you comment on - let's take your points:

The NHS needs to be more efficiently run, just pumping money in as Labour did just increased the waste that already existed. Not enough clinic staff too many managers. Whoever takes on the NHS will have some difficult choices, I can't see how this can be funded and developed without a serious overhaul of how it is run and massive cash injections especially in preventative education.

On education you have to question what we are getting for our money - it needs investment but it needs an overhaul. When you have the likes of Ian Murch calling for a strike on a whim that there might be job losses you have to question if some of the power in the teaching unions are in the correct vocation.

USA is very different economy to here - its internal market is the size of Europe - they put barriers up to stop non American competition. If the CT system is so good how come the likes of Apple, Google etc don't pay their share in the US? Labour is not pro business if it were it have policies to support business I don't see any?

Whilst I take your point about renting, ownership should be seen as aspirational and not elitist as you seem to view it. Renting is barmy in my view - you are just paying out ever increasing amounts to a landlord who will be paying out ever decreasing amounts as the property ages. If there was a massive housing shortage you would not be able to find anywhere to rent - that is simply not the case. There maybe issues in certain areas where renting is expensive but there is accommodation to be had.

We must agree to differ on Salmond - it wasn't just Cameron everyone went in to bat against him over the referendum.

Cuts in local authority funding may have lead to bed blocking but that is more a case of resource and departmental management. Let's face it few could argue that social care in this country has been well managed.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman9721
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020Apr 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5885-54zedonite-msnicons.jpg
regards and ENJOY your sport Leaguefan "The Public wants what the Public gets" - Paul Weller:icons077e_files/5885-54zedonite-msnicons.jpg

Quote: Sal Paradise "
Cuts in local authority funding may have lead to bed blocking but that is more a case of resource and departmental management. Let's face it few could argue that [sizesocial care[/size in this country has been well managed.'"

Interesting comment.
This government, especially the IDS operated part, could well argue that social care has been "well managed". Some of the "horror stories", that have done the rounds regarding elderly couples, one being a carer for another with multiple requirements and having "beneits" cut would seem to fit the IDS model perfectly and they could argue that this is a success.
Its down to perspective and original starting point. Cuts were all that IDS has wanted and implemented. Basic humanity was a long way down the list and still is.
The trouble is there is no "one size fits all" solution to social care, simply because everyone is different in needs, BUT there are core skills/requirements which could/should be in place and when these are being eroded/eliminated how can these people call themselves "civilised".
If people want more of the same, or worse, then people know to vote for.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2359
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
19170_1432331165.jpg
A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself. When you rescue a dog, you gain a heart for life. Handle every situation like a dog. If you can't Eat it or Chew it. Pee on it and Walk Away. "No amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin. " Anuerin Bevan:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_19170.jpg

Quote: Leaguefan "Interesting comment.
This government, especially the IDS operated part, could well argue that social care has been "well managed". Some of the "horror stories", that have done the rounds regarding elderly couples, one being a carer for another with multiple requirements and having "beneits" cut would seem to fit the IDS model perfectly and they could argue that this is a success.
Its down to perspective and original starting point. Cuts were all that IDS has wanted and implemented. Basic humanity was a long way down the list and still is.
The trouble is there is no "one size fits all" solution to social care, simply because everyone is different in needs, BUT there are core skills/requirements which could/should be in place and when these are being eroded/eliminated how can these people call themselves "civilised".
If people want more of the same, or worse, then people know to vote for.'"

But if its not happening to them and have the "I'm alright Jack" attitude then they don't care if more of the same happens and prefer to stick their head in the sand or pretend its not as bad as "lefties" make out.......until it DOES happen to them and they have to experience the system, then the penny drops.

Him
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member14970No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2244_1299706258.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2244.jpg

The NHS needs to be more efficiently run, just pumping money in as Labour did just increased the waste that already existed. Not enough clinic staff too many managers. Whoever takes on the NHS will have some difficult choices, I can't see how this can be funded and developed without a serious overhaul of how it is run and massive cash injections especially in preventative education. '"

I'd say exactly the opposite. It needs more managers and admin staff. Spending on management consultants has doubled. When I worked for the NHS management and admin was done on the cheap and ended up causing more problems and so cost. To the point where nursing and clinical staff were having to do admin work. And that's when Labour were putting money into the NHS.

I'm sure there are efficiencies that can be made, reducing the amount of expensive management consultants, agency admin staff and agency clinical staff would be a start. But that requires an increase in planned expenditure.

During the years 1998-2008 NHS spending increased roughly 6% per year. The Kings Fund estimate the NHS needs an increase of £8bn per year just to stand still, that's roughly 7%. Not to mention that in a few years time there will be 20% additional over-65's to treat and care for.

The NHS needs more money. The ageing population, increasing drug and medication costs and population growth etc mean whilst efficiency should be promoted and prioritised (and I agree we need some change in how we make NHS Chiefs and hospital bosses accountable) but it also needs regular increases in spending to keep pace.

And the money Labour put in wasn't excessive, it's what was needed.

Quote: Sal Paradise "On education you have to question what we are getting for our money - it needs investment but it needs an overhaul. When you have the likes of Ian Murch calling for a strike on a whim that there might be job losses you have to question if some of the power in the teaching unions are in the correct vocation. '"

Definitely agree Education needs an overhaul. It's a mess and needs a total re-direction away from passing exams. I sort of view education as a bit like amateur RL. It's obsessed with passing exams/winning games rather than developing children/developing skills.
However it also needs more money. Class sizes are too high. There are still classes of 30+ which is just impossible to adequately teach.
That alongside desperately needed reforms such as reducing and re-prioritising a ridiculously out of date curriculum and things like longer lessons in the same subject rather than a child having to do 6 or 7 wildly different subjects in 1 day.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member37704No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2051.jpg
The older I get, the better I was Advice is what we seek when we already know the answer - but wish we didn't I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full-frontal lobotomy ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ kirkstaller wrote: "All DNA shows is that we have a common creator." cod'ead wrote: "I have just snotted weissbier all over my keyboard & screen" ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ "No amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin." - Aneurin Bevan:2051.jpg

Whilst I take your point about renting, ownership should be seen as aspirational and not elitist as you seem to view it. Renting is barmy in my view - you are just paying out ever increasing amounts to a landlord who will be paying out ever decreasing amounts as the property ages. If there was a massive housing shortage you would not be able to find anywhere to rent - that is simply not the case. There maybe issues in certain areas where renting is expensive but there is accommodation to be had.
'"

I have never viewed home ownership as elitist. I view it as an option but certainly not aspirational. To view it as aspirational is to condemn those renting (by choice or necessity), as inferior to home owners. Renting is not stigmatised in any European country in the way it is here and increasingly more people are preferring renting - rlGeneration Rent Reportrl You may also want to listen to today's Radio 4 You and Yours programme on iPlayer. Very enlightening from a range of buyers and renters

You may well view renting as "barmy" but how do you suggest someone on a zero-hours contract gets the money for a deposit and then finds a bank willing to offer a mortgage?

Houses are now viewed as an investment to be borrowed against, as opposed to somewhere to live. That is wrong! The house-price boom started with 'Right to Buy' and the liberalisation of banks and building societies. Mortgages became easier to get and with ever lower deposits. All predicated on house prices rising at a greater rate than inflation. This led to the ridiculous situation where Northen Rock were offering 110% mortgages - "here have a house and go on holiday with the rest of it, you'll only be paying for the holiday for the next 25 years".

House (or more accurately, LAND) prices continued to rise simply because we weren't building enough - the housing shortage that you don't believe in.

The only way to return to some semblance or normality is to embark on another housebuilding spree as we did post-WW2. This will of course have the effect of reducing property prices nationwide, possibly even plunging some into negative equity. But hey, why should that bother anyone? In reality they'll still be paying the same monthly amount for the same house, the bank will still be getting their money. So what's the problem?

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman14845No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2021Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
143_1357419061.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_143.jpg

What this country needs is some radical thinking. We could solve our problems very quickly if we did. 4 ideas that nobody would have the guts to introduce:

1. Ban non-EU citizens owning property here. Would free up many thousands of flats overnight.
2. Ban baby boomers from passing on wealth. A medium term 100% inheritance tax charge allied to short-lived high tax rates (income, corporation tax and VAT) with a view to clearing the deficit and building up a sovereign wealth fund to fund future public expenditure. Get rid of business rates.
3. Ban private education for a generation.
4. Legislate to ban retail outlets from having more than 30- or 40 outlets nationally. That would help create more diversity in our shopping areas, better customer service, more jobs and a meritocratic, entrepreneurial explosion when allied to the above points.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator14395No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26.jpg
Last league derby at Central Park 5/9/1999: Wigan 28 St. Helens 20 Last league derby at Knowsley Road 2/4/2010: St. Helens 10 Wigan 18:26.jpg

Quote: Dally "What this country needs is some radical thinking. We could solve our problems very quickly if we did. 4 ideas that nobody would have the guts to introduce

It would certainly affect property prices in London. It's been government policy for decades to encourage investment in London property from overseas so I can't see this happening.

Quote: Dally "2. Ban baby boomers from passing on wealth. A medium term 100% inheritance tax charge allied to short-lived high tax rates (income, corporation tax and VAT) with a view to clearing the deficit and building up a sovereign wealth fund to fund future public expenditure. '"

I am not sure why you'd single them out. Not all baby boomers are rich. Why not just treat inheritance as income with no large tax free allowance?

Even then I am not sure what the effect of that would be regarding property. It could make someone homeless at the expense of having to see property to pay a tax bill.

I have always thought of inheritance as income for those on the receiving end.

Quote: Dally "Get rid of business rates.'"

I don't see why. Businesses have to contribute for refuse collection and so on given they avail themselves of local services.

Quote: Dally "3. Ban private education for a generation.'"

Just ban it fill stop.

Quote: Dally "4. Legislate to ban retail outlets from having more than 30- or 40 outlets nationally. That would help create more diversity in our shopping areas, better customer service, more jobs and a meritocratic, entrepreneurial explosion when allied to the above points.'"

I am not sure it would have the effect you think. Unless you ban superstores it could lead to there being just one large such store in an different areas. The big players would carve the country up between them and operate a local monopoly setting prices as they saw fit. What you say might result in an unintentional cartel.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2021Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
143_1357419061.jpg

Business rates are crazy and distortive. Retailers are at a huge disadvantage compared with online traders. Small businesses are taxed too highly through them and they represent a big cost especially for start-ups. Much better to increase taxes on profits to cover the lost revenue to the public sector. For example, as a micro-business we pay several thousand pounds per annum effectively for access to the police and the fire-brigade in the event of need. We pay privately for a security guard and privately for refuse collection. We don't live in the area nor do we especially earn revenue from the residents of the area. We and others like us are effectively a cash cow for the local authority. Much better to reduce / scrap rates and encourage would-be employers?

RankPostsTeam
International Star3605No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
67953_1341943970.jpg
Someday everything is gonna be different, when I paint my masterpiece ---------------------------------------------------------- [url=http://garykitchen.co.uk/:lnkxkae0]Online art gallery, selling original landscape artwork[/url:lnkxkae0] ---------------------------------------------------------- [url=http://jerrychicken.wordpress.com/:lnkxkae0]JerryChicken - The Blog[/url:lnkxkae0] ----------------------------------------------------------:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_67953.jpg

Quote: DaveO "I don't see why. Businesses have to contribute for refuse collection and so on given they avail themselves of local services.'"

As Dally mentions above, refuse collection from business premises was removed from the responsibility of the local councils at least fifteen years ago, instead you now get fleeced by the likes of Biffa who assume that all businesses need skip-sized wheelie bins to remove a couple of waste paper baskets of general office rubbish every week.

And you still have to pay the same business rates, it really is an inadequate and inequitable system of simply removing profit from a business and one of the main reasons why so many independents fail on the High Street.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member6038No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2017Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

They should give everyone a lifetime's allowance for how much they can receive untaxed from inheritances. Tax the recipient rather than the estate.

RankPostsTeam
International Star210No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Dally "3. Ban private education for a generation.'"

And replace it with what? Totalitarian state control? How are you going to get all teachers of the same standard to make sure everyone get's the same level of education? How are you going to ensure all class sizes are the same? What about kids with special needs, or are you just lumping them in with everyone else? Or are you going to conveniently just turn a blind eye to the startling impracticalities of it all, because, y'know, private = rich = bad and therefore we have to drag everyone down to that level, then the likes of DaveO and cod'ead will be happy.

Then what if a parent wants young Timmy to do a bit of extra reading? Will that be banned? And when you've churned out this generation of robots, what jobs are they going to do?

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2021Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
143_1357419061.jpg

Quote: BobbyD "And replace it with what? Totalitarian state control? How are you going to get all teachers of the same standard to make sure everyone get's the same level of education? How are you going to ensure all class sizes are the same? What about kids with special needs, or are you just lumping them in with everyone else? Or are you going to conveniently just turn a blind eye to the startling impracticalities of it all, because, y'know, private

We have a non-totalitarian state education system now which most use.

I think we should try to recreate meritocratic, entrepreneurial society that allows the best people to succeed and not those who inherit wealth or have a privileged education. The current system holds back the dynamism of the British people.

RankPostsTeam
International Star210No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Dally "I think we should try to recreate meritocratic, entrepreneurial society that allows the best people to succeed and not those who inherit wealth or have a privileged education. The current system holds back the dynamism of the British people.'"

Utter, utter, tripe. The same old tired excuses, it's always someone elses fault. So, you're answer to create these entrepreneurial free thinkers is to have everyone educated in exactly the same way? FFS

484 posts in 33 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
484 posts in 33 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.07421875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
Zig
Recent
Round 27 HKR Away
His Bobness
Recent
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Once were Lo
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Hull FC preview
Hessle Roade
12s
Off Contract 2025
Sir Gregory
15s
Betting 2024
Moe syslak
19s
Salford H Moved to Thursday
Jason65
23s
North Stand
moto748
24s
Recruitment rumours and links
Uncle Rico
35s
Film game
Boss Hog
36s
This weeks disciplinary
MorePlaymake
37s
Le Cats at home - Los Alomos Custers Last Stand
UllFC
39s
Round 27 HKR Away
His Bobness
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Hull KR Secure Second With Victory Over Leeds
RLFANS News
TODAY
Tonights match v London
karetaker
TODAY
Wembley photo
AgbriggAmble
TODAY
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trophy By Thrashing Salford
RLFANS News
TODAY
Barrow
PopTart
TODAY
Holly Spurr Interview
JamieRobinso
TODAY
Wolves again
BigTime
TODAY
Academy Players Promoted to First Team Squad
Simba16
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Saints
Deeeekos
TODAY
Round 27 HKR Away
His Bobness
TODAY
Squad for London
MorePlaymake
TODAY
Hull FC preview
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Halifax A
dddooommm
TODAY
East stand
PopTart
TODAY
Locations of League
Wollo-Wollo-
TODAY
Matt Parcell to leave at seasons end
Huddersfield
TODAY
Huddersfiels to get new stadium
RobRiches
TODAY
IMG
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
Leaving players
Murphy
TODAY
bulls on Sunday
Greg Florimo
TODAY
Concerts at Stadiums
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
Finn out Murrell in
faxcar
TODAY
Playoff Semi Final
MattyB
TODAY
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Highlander
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
Leeds Rhinos Ride Their Luck F..
Wigan Warriors Level Top As Ca..
Castleford Tigers Inflict Anot..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 3,177 80,12114,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R29
10:50
Sydney
v
Manly
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R27
15:00
Hull FC
v
Catalans
       Championship 2024-R27
18:00
Featherstone
v
Dewsbury
18:00
Widnes
v
Toulouse
19:30
Wakefield
v
Barrow
 TOMORROW
       Championship 2024-R27
Batley
v
Swinton
Halifax
v
Bradford
Swinton
v
Doncaster
       League One 2024-R24
Hunslet
v
Midlands
Keighley
v
Rochdale
 Fri 27th Sep
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R28
20:00
Salford
v
Leigh
 Sat 28th Sep
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R28
17:00
Warrington
v
St.Helens
       Championship 2024-R28
17:00
Toulouse
v
Batley
 Sun 29th Sep
       Championship 2024-R28
Barrow
v
Widnes
Bradford
v
Swinton
Dewsbury
v
Sheffield
Wakefield
v
Doncaster
Whitehaven
v
Halifax
York
v
Featherstone
 Sun 27th Oct 2024
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov 2024
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 21st Sep
SL
Hull FC-Catalans
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Fri 20th Sep
SL 27 Hull KR26-16Leeds
SL 27 Leigh18-12St.Helens
SL 27 Warrington54-0LondonB
CH 27 Sheffield24-26York
NRL 29 Cronulla26-18NQL Cowboys
Thu 19th Sep
SL 27 Huddersfield34-10Castleford
SL 27 Wigan64-0Salford
Sun 15th Sep
WSL2024 14 FeatherstoneW6-32York V
WSL2024 14 Hudds W36-0Wire W
CH 26 Barrow34-14Whitehaven
CH 26 Bradford16-14Batley
CH 26 Dewsbury16-28Swinton
CH 26 Doncaster30-14Widnes
CH 26 Featherstone6-20Sheffield
CH 26 Wakefield20-4York
NRL 28 Canterbury22-24Manly
L1 23 Midlands24-22Workington
L1 23 Rochdale30-18Hunslet
Sat 14th Sep
SL 26 Hull FC4-58Salford
SL 26 Catalans12-8LondonB
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Hull KR 27 719 327 392 42
Warrington 27 738 319 419 40
Salford 27 550 547 3 32
Leigh 27 566 398 168 31
St.Helens 27 596 388 208 30

Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Catalans 26 451 423 28 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 26 324 870 -546 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 24 892 256 636 46
Bradford 24 618 373 245 32
Toulouse 23 662 340 322 31
York 26 639 463 176 28
Sheffield 25 618 498 120 28
Widnes 24 513 433 80 27

Featherstone 24 566 472 94 26
Doncaster 24 470 527 -57 23
Batley 24 378 513 -135 20
Halifax 24 475 617 -142 20