FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > The Sin Bin > Brexit Anyone? (part 4)
1088 posts in 74 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
RankPostsTeam
International Star1100No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Donald Trump has dictated that the UK becomes a de-facto american state.
Hawaii mk2 icon_biggrin.gif
Johnson and Farage are his instruments for doing so.

The irony of Brexit is that the one person most opposed to it, Swinson, facilitated its fruition.
Now is the time for the Lib Dem’s to really be honest with themselves as to whether they are true remainers , or watered down tories.

By the end of this parliament, as the older white Brexiteers snuff it, the remain support will be dominant.
The choice is there for the Lib Dem’s icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7152
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Jun 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12389.gif
:12389.gif

Quote: The Devil's Advocate "Firstly, well done for getting around the swear filter, you're a real card.

Secondly, the definition of Xenophobia -

Relating to or exhibiting fear or hatred of foreigners, people from different cultures, or strangers.'"

So a dislike of a massive and rapid influx of people, leading to a squeeze on lower-paid jobs, a rapid disruption of communities and other issues such as an increase in crime, differences in culture, etc - is not xenophobia. Neither is rejecting the idea of being ruled by Brussels, or indeed their ideology. You prove the point.

Quote: The Devil's Advocate "Finally, don't try to give me a history lesson, were you even aware the E.U. was initially created to end the warfare between neighbouring countries?'"

Yes, I think we all know why the concept of the EU was formed. But do you actually know all that much about it?

Do you know much about the founders and long-term influencers of the early European project? Altiero Spinelli, for example? Or Professor Luigi Einaudi? There are many others, but these two were key.

Eunaudi's vision was of a 'United States of Europe' model, with power over...well, everything - a single currency, European army, total control of customs, etc. He even criticised the League of Nations for leaving sovereign nations intact. He was a major influence over Spinella.

Spinella was the founder of the European Federalist Movement, and main author of the Ventotene Manifesto, calling for European and global federation. He was a communist and federalist and became a European politician. He has been a constant driver of his ideology from within the European project and is revered amongst EU devotees and the most powerful names within the EU, as are his writings.

An example of his influence being the below (taken from rlThe EU's own biography of Spinelli)rl[sizeIn 1980, together with other Federalist-minded MEPs, he founded ‘The Crocodile Club’, named after the restaurant in Strasbourg they frequented. The Crocodile Club wanted a new European treaty. The members tabled a motion for the Parliament to set up a special committee to draft a proposal for a new treaty on the European Union, to be anything but in name a constitution of Europe.[/size'"

This proposal - the European Parliament's proposal for a Treaty on a federal European Union - the 'Spinelli Plan' - was adopted in 1984 and although not endorsed by national parliaments, is the foundation for everything that followed and continues to follow (Maastricht, etc). Another example of 'creeping' ratification of the ideology and the utterly undemocratic nature of the EU.

What Europhiles fail to understand is that the EU in its current form is far from the finished item. If that's what you understand and truly believe in - the destruction of the sovereign nation state, move to absolute centralised power, etc - then I have no truck with your views. I will oppose them, but at least you would understand exactly what you're arguing for.

But the reality is too many remainers, Europhiles etc think all this is all tinfoil-hat stuff. It isn't, it's the ambition of the EU power base and it'll be there within our lifetimes.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1100No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

^ A fact for you to put against that right wing briebart type drivel. icon_biggrin.gif

Adolf Hitler was in our lifetime.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7152
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Jun 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12389.gif

Quote: Superblue "^ A fact for you to put against that right wing briebart type drivel. Another ignorant blinkered dimwit dismissing the inconvenient truth.

Those are the facts of the EU. You don't like them and you have neither the ammunition nor intelligence to counter them, so you belittle them. That doesn't change them being facts.

May you be dimly blissful in your ignorance. icon_smile.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star5219
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Cronus "Another ignorant blinkered dimwit dismissing the inconvenient truth.

Those are the facts of the EU. You don't like them and you have neither the ammunition nor intelligence to counter them, so you belittle them. That doesn't change them being facts.

May you be dimly blissful in your ignorance.
Did you believe in the 390 million NHS pledge or vast number of Turks invading the U.K. which leave falsely claimed because many brexiteers ignorantly did due to the fact they wanted them to be convenient truths.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1100No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

^^ lol

So says the little right wing fascist snowflake from Leigh, who works from home doing extended schoolkid type “work” , not got a proper job,

Nobody cares about your briebart type interpretations of EU events, as I said the only fact is there hasn’t been another Adolf Hitler, which obviously troubles you.

Carry on stewing in your discomfort, snowflake icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7152
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Jun 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12389.gif

Quote: Scarlet Pimpernell "Did you believe in the 390 million NHS pledge or vast number of Turks invading the U.K. which leave falsely claimed because many brexiteers ignorantly did due to the fact they wanted them to be convenient truths.'"

Are you saying if Turkey joined the EU (which was creeping towards reality until Erdogan came to power), massive numbers of Turks WOULDN'T flock to EU nations? Really?

No I didn't take those claims at face value and I doubt anyone did. Inflated campaign talk, nothing more and both sides did it.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1100No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Cronus "Are you saying if Turkey joined the EU (which was creeping towards reality until Erdogan came to power), massive numbers of Turks WOULDN'T flock to EU nations? Really?

No I didn't take those claims at face value and I doubt anyone did. Inflated campaign talk, nothing more and both sides did it.'"

More facts I see

Lyin Boris icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star5219
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The problem is that Turkey was not even close to being allowed to join the EU therefore you must have believed that was possible. I think you are being a little naive if you think it did not pander to many Brexiteers.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7152
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Jun 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12389.gif

Quote: Superblue "^^ lol

So says the little right wing fascist snowflake from Leigh, who works from home doing extended schoolkid type “work” , not got a proper job,

Nobody cares about your briebart type interpretations of EU events, as I said the only fact is there hasn’t been another Adolf Hitler, which obviously troubles you.

Carry on stewing in your discomfort, snowflake I'm not from Leigh and I work from home at times because I manage my own diary. Bitterness from another jealous failed lefty. icon_lol.gif

Interpretation? Far from it. I even linked to the EU's own documents as evidence and you still dismiss it. Facts, my dear boy, historically correct for those who bother to look. Reaffirmed by the feckin EU itself. I can only assume it's all beyond your intelligence. Big words & all that.

Snowflake? Only if you don't understand the definition of a snowflake. You couldn't offend me or upset me if you tried, which you have. I drink salty snowflake tears like yours for fun. icon_lol.gif

I have a challenge for you which you won't accept because you can't: go and prove everything I said wrong.

It's isn't, and you can't. icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7152
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Jun 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12389.gif

Quote: Scarlet Pimpernell "The problem is that Turkey was not even close to being allowed to join the EU therefore you must have believed that was possible. I think you are being a little naive if you think it did not pander to many Brexiteers.'"

I must have imagined the years of accession talks that began in 2005.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: Cronus "I must have imagined the years of accession talks that began in 2005.'"

Two days after "Brexit Day" you appear mighty defensive.
How are you expecting our negotiations to play out.

The utter nonsense of "an easy" trade deal already looks like dreaming but, there is no going back now and we have made an enemy (in trade terms) or our closest and largest trading partner.
For me, "Brexit" was all about trade and the damage that we were welcoming upon ourselves.
Johnson, Rees Mogg and Farage were all full of "the Germans will still need to sell their cars" and it's utter nonsense.
The EU could not and will not give a FTA.
Without this, we are left looking for new customers/suppliers elsewhere in the world, whist very likely taking a "hit" on inflation.

Our economy is forecast by the Bank of England to grow by a massive 1% next year and we are, just as I have suggested for the last 3 years volunteering a new recession.

Happy Brexit

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12640
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33809_1522680904.png
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_33809.png

Quote: Cronus "
What Europhiles fail to understand is that the EU in its current form is far from the finished item. If that's what you understand and truly believe in - the destruction of the sovereign nation state, move to absolute centralised power, etc - then I have no truck with your views. I will oppose them, but at least you would understand exactly what you're arguing for.

But the reality is too many remainers, Europhiles etc think all this is all tinfoil-hat stuff. It isn't, it's the ambition of the EU power base and it'll be there within our lifetimes.'"

It’s not so much that I want the destruction of sovereign nation states, but I think that over (probably a very long) time they’ll wither, as global problems demand global responses, or simply overwhelm us. Where I’m unconvinced by your argument, in that it’ll definitely or even likely happen in the way you suggest, is the idea that there is a single EU power base with a single ambition.

As Lo Kuan-Chung wrote, Empires wax and wane, states cleave asunder and coalesce. Brexit isn’t the end of the world - it is only the EU. But equally, you can’t convince that staying in was pants poo-ingly scary - it is only the EU.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1100No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Cronus "I'm not from Leigh and I work from home at times because I manage my own diary. Bitterness from another jealous failed lefty.
Nope you attempted to put your own right wing fascist nationalistic spin crap on the E.U. origins .
The guy wpSpelloni was a vehement anti-fascist, imprisoned by the fascist friend of Adolf Hitler, Mussolini.
He was a visionary of his time who correctly foresaw the solution to stop wars in Europe was to curtail fascist nationalistic state dictators emerging again.
In that respect to date he got it right.

Now as regards the failed lefty you refer to, it can’t be me as I ran my own business till aged 55, could have retired before but liked my professional career so much kept at it.
I am not drawing state pension yet, neither am I drawing any of my personal or executive pensions, just living on my “allowances”.

I spend a smidgeon of my time laughing at Adolf Hitler wannabee’s As you.

Now if you like a challenge, tell us how much of your little house in Leigh you own icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3829
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18686.jpg
In Springfield, they're eating the dogs, the people that came in. They're eating the cats! They're eating the pets!:18686.jpg

Quote: wotsupcas "I know the definition but there's a big difference in fearing anything foreign and not wanting to be governed by a foreign power.'"

The majority of leave voters who I've asked why they wanted to leave the E.U. was "there are too many foreigners coming over here & taking our jobs & homes"

Quote: wotsupcas "Save the xenophobe insult for the true Xenophobes, not just because someone voted brexit. '"

Why, a large number of people who voted to leave are Xenophobes.

Quote: wotsupcas "Words like nazi, racist and xenophobe are bandied about too often these days. They are used to insult people who happen to disagree with your political viewpoint.'"

But I'm not calling anyone a Nazi, nor have I insulted you in any way, it's just a shame you couldn't offer me the same geniality.

1088 posts in 74 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
1088 posts in 74 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.2236328125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Decision on the field
Cruncher
4m
Tonights match v HKR
Allypie
17m