FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > The Sin Bin > Historical sexual abuse charges...
320 posts in 22 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
RankPostsTeam
International Star3605No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
67953_1341943970.jpg
Someday everything is gonna be different, when I paint my masterpiece ---------------------------------------------------------- [url=http://garykitchen.co.uk/:lnkxkae0]Online art gallery, selling original landscape artwork[/url:lnkxkae0] ---------------------------------------------------------- [url=http://jerrychicken.wordpress.com/:lnkxkae0]JerryChicken - The Blog[/url:lnkxkae0] ----------------------------------------------------------:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_67953.jpg

Not to mention any specific ongoing case including the one which concluded 12 of its 14 charges yesterday, but in discussing that one in various newspaper articles this morning a few questions have emerged...

1. Is it fair that an accused who is found innocent of charges should be expected to pay his/her own legal bill for defending those unproven charges - lets not muddy the waters by saying "well he must have done it but they just can't prove it", if you are not guilty in a court of law then you are innocent of those charges yet have to pay dearly to clear yourself when the state is prosecuting you, some might say maliciously or with a sense of guilt over other cases that were not historically pursued.

2. In the matter of William Roache, the one "celeb" who has been cleared of all charges, one of his victims told the court that she had no recollection of the incident that she had accused him of yet he was still tried on this charge until the judge instructed the jury to dismiss this one during their deliberations, in other words the jury heard the allegations as part of the trial in order to build up a picture of a serial accoster even though there was no evidence in this case.

3. The judge in the case yesterday (which is potentially still ongoing) told the jury not to judge the charges by applying historical, more relaxed attitudes to sexism in the workplace which frankly is a ridiculous thing to ask, so ridiculous that you would have to hand pick a jury of 20 year olds in order to remove any possibility that any juror over the age of 40 might apply some of the recollection of the times during which most of these alleged incidents took place.

4. Is it time that a time limit was put on historical sexual abuse accusations, some are suggesting three years to match the current personal injury cap but it has been revealed that during the most recent trials (the one that might not have ended yesterday), three more accusers contacted the police about historical incidents involving that person - WTF!!! - are they honestly trying to tell us that after (up to) 40 years they have just remembered and that they'd never heard the presenters name before until the court case, or were they expecting a guilty verdict and thought they'd have some of that for themselves ?

5. Are all of the ongoing "celeb" trials and/or indecisions currently sat on the desk of the CPS simply a kneejerk reaction to the Savile revelations which, let us remind ourselves, were not made until after his death and so are unproven in a court of law yet generally accepted as true by a media who wish it to be so being that he was "a bit strange" - echoes of Chris Jefferies ???

Please remind ourselves that most of these cases are still ongoing...

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach4195No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021Apr 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

In Germany there is a statute of limitation on criminal offences. I believe that for 'sex crimes' it is 10 years after which proceedings are time-barred.

The UK Govt recently tried to extradite a Brit living in Germany for an alleged sex crime, said to have taken place in the UK 30 years ago. The German authorities told the UK to do one.

A lot of this is bollox and mass hysteria falling out of Savile - people alleging they were sexually assaulted 30/40/50 years ago, but only coming forward now.

The cops and CPS are very excited about it all because it is the chance to nail someone 'high profile'. The evidence in some of these cases has clearly been flimsy at best, and I do not believe it would have gone to court but for the fact the cases were so high profile.

On the back of this all we have various solicitors running around saying they can get compensation for the 'victims'. I am not sure how they propose doing this - civil law has a 3 year limit for personal injury or 6 years for most other types of claim. In the event a claimant is under 18 this runs from their 18th birthday. Either way, the time limits for claiming compo would have run out long ago and you have to have a bloody good reason to get them extended.

The BBC were talking about setting up a 'fund' to pay compensation to the Savile 'victims'. Quite why a quasi-public body, funded by the tax-payer, is setting up a 'fund' to compensate people who would have no right to compensation under law is beyond me. If they start paying out then the licence-fee payer will have cause for complaint.

I have dealt with cases where people are accused of serious sex crimes, typically rape. What amazes me is the amount of time these arise out of 'morning after regret' where someone (usually the woman) has consented to a one-night-stand only to regret it later then, usually under pressure from family or a partner, made a complaint to the police.

The CPS will pretty much run anything that involves an alleged sex crime. They are terrifying of dropping stuff and then getting slated in the papers.

Very rarely have I seen action taken against false-accusers. Even when their claims are dis-proved by forensic evidence. This is because there is worry that it will discourage others from coming forward.

Conviction rate for sex-crimes is going to take a hit what with all these high-profile acquittals on multiple charges. Half the problem is that crap cases with no realistic prospect of success are taken to court.

RankPostsTeam
International Star90No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Jul 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: JerryChicken "Not to mention any specific ongoing case including the one which concluded 12 of its 14 charges yesterday, but in discussing that one in various newspaper articles this morning a few questions have emerged...'"

1. Agree, ludicrous state of affairs.

2. Agree, but everybody knows the law really is an ass these days. The question should perhaps be why his counsel didn't challenge it.

3. Hmmm, the defendants were being tried for something far more serious than "sexism in the workplace".

4. It was my understanding that at least some of the accusers had not come forward previously because they felt, probably correctly, that it was their word against that of a popular, powerful celebrity and they simply wouldn't be believed.

5. Trial by media? Surely not (is there a tongue in cheek smiley?).

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member47951No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2017Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1977_1349889235.jpg
"You are working for Satan." [i:2886spie]Kirkstaller[/i:2886spie] "Dare to know!" [i:2886spie]Immanuel Kant[/i:2886spie] "Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive" [i:2886spie]Elbert Hubbard[/i:2886spie] "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." [i:2886spie]Oscar Wilde[/i:2886spie] [url=http://thevoluptuousmanifesto.blogspot.co.uk:2886spie][color=#4000FF:2886spie]The Voluptuous Manifesto[/color:2886spie][/url:2886spie] – thoughts on all sorts of stuff.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1977.jpg

Quote: The Video Ref "... A lot of this is bollox and mass hysteria falling out of Savile ...'"

I think this is spot onthen getting slated in the papers...'"

[My emphasis]

So part of what it comes down to is irresponsible reporting by the mainstream media.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach4195No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021Apr 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Mintball "I think this is spot on

So part of what it comes down to is irresponsible reporting by the mainstream media.'"

You don't have to look too far to find stuff like this, which has been widely reported, the suggestion being she was raped and the authorities decided to do nothing about it:

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... d-her.html
Quote: Mintball "I think this is spot on

So part of what it comes down to is irresponsible reporting by the mainstream media.'"

You don't have to look too far to find stuff like this, which has been widely reported, the suggestion being she was raped and the authorities decided to do nothing about it:

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... d-her.html

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member47951No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2017Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1977_1349889235.jpg
"You are working for Satan." [i:2886spie]Kirkstaller[/i:2886spie] "Dare to know!" [i:2886spie]Immanuel Kant[/i:2886spie] "Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive" [i:2886spie]Elbert Hubbard[/i:2886spie] "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." [i:2886spie]Oscar Wilde[/i:2886spie] [url=http://thevoluptuousmanifesto.blogspot.co.uk:2886spie][color=#4000FF:2886spie]The Voluptuous Manifesto[/color:2886spie][/url:2886spie] – thoughts on all sorts of stuff.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1977.jpg

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner37503
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I think the big issue here is just what constitutes "sexual abuse", 30 years ago the world was very different, expectations of behaviour were very different. Whatever any of these celebs did or didn't do was probably no different to what went on at No 11 Acacia Avenue on an average Friday night (and I don't include Saville in that comment). We live in a completely different world now, hell, I even cross the road if I am walking toward/behind a lone female to make sure they don't feel threatened. As Mintball says, it's largely media, I doubt there are any more or less molesters, rapists, paedophiles etc than there were 30 years ago, and I would bet my bottom dollar that some of these girls (and guys, who strangely seem to have remained quiet) threw themselves at celebrity, did so willingly and deliberately.

What does grate, is that people can make accusations, drag someone through the mud (someone who has made their career out of notoriety) and then be scot free of any recriminations.

Maybe we should hang David Cameron for our expansion of the Empire?

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member28357
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
973_1515165968.gif
Last edited by Ferocious Aardvark on stardate Jun 26, 3013 11:27 am, edited 48,562,867,458,300,023 times in total:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_973.gif

Quote: JerryChicken "
1. Is it fair that an accused who is found innocent of charges should be expected to pay his/her own legal bill for defending those unproven charges '"

Patently not, but the present government really couldn't give a flying fart about fairness or justice, as all their so called "justice" reforms so clearly show.

Quote: JerryChicken "3. The judge in the case yesterday (which is potentially still ongoing) told the jury not to judge the charges by applying historical, more relaxed attitudes to sexism '"

An outrageous direction. To commit a crime, you have to have the[i mens rea[/i i.e. the criminal intention. How else can that be judged except by considering the mores of the day? Would anybody be convicted in court today, on the basis of an argument that "in 40 years you know, this will be illegal and frowned upon"?

Quote: JerryChicken "4. Is it time that a time limit was put on historical sexual abuse accusations,'"

Probably yes, but if a person is suspected of the most serious of allegations, eg rape, then I have no problem of a prosecution being brought very late - as long as the evidence is so compelling and the prospects of a conviction so great that the CPS are confident they will get a conviction. In many cases the very passage of several decades before a complaint is made should, surely, place a very heavy burden on the CPS before they go fo a prosecution, especially given the extreme handicap of an accused having to try to defend something so far back in the mists of time. For offneces down the scale, absolutely there should be a limit. If it was not important enough at the time or within a close timescale, then that's tough. The complainant made their choice to live with whatever they thought it was, and should not be allowed to change their mind.

Quote: JerryChicken "5. Are all of the ongoing "celeb" trials and/or indecisions currently sat on the desk of the CPS simply a kneejerk reaction to the Savile revelations which, let us remind ourselves, were not made until after his death and so are unproven in a court of law yet generally accepted as true by a media who wish it to be so being that he was "a bit strange" - echoes of Chris Jefferies ??? '"

Clealry there was a feeling of outrage that one celeb had escaped prosecution and I reckon that created the atmosphere of getting after not-yet-dead celebs as a mix of revenge and especially as a partial smokescreen over the perceived widespread failings that seemingly allowed Savile to escape the law for so long. People seem to be not so much bothered about whether it really happened, as by whether another celeb might escape on their watch.

Looking at the cases that have finished, whilst I haven't sat in court and listened to every word, I have had a strong and recurring feeling of disbelief as to some of the stuff which was being aired in court after 4 decades. It was no surprise at all to me that all these charges against those acquitted were thrown out, the only mystery to me is how the CPS persuaded themselves that they had a case fit to put before a court, let alone that it was in the public interest to do so, certainly in the majority of the sort of events being complained of.

One consideration that doesn't seem to have featured is that in the case of people like DLT and Roache, acquittal, while obviously better than spending years at the back end of your life behind bars, doesn't mean to say that their later years aren't blighted; they clearly are. If they are indeed innocent of any crime, that is a tragedy, and sadly in the eyes of many their acquittals will not restore their reputations. I saw some banal commentary in one news report that Roache could now "start to rebuild his career". He's eighty-odd, ffs; 20 years past the age where normal people retire.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3605No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
67953_1341943970.jpg
Someday everything is gonna be different, when I paint my masterpiece ---------------------------------------------------------- [url=http://garykitchen.co.uk/:lnkxkae0]Online art gallery, selling original landscape artwork[/url:lnkxkae0] ---------------------------------------------------------- [url=http://jerrychicken.wordpress.com/:lnkxkae0]JerryChicken - The Blog[/url:lnkxkae0] ----------------------------------------------------------:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_67953.jpg

Quote: Charlie Sierra "
2. Agree, but everybody knows the law really is an ass these days. The question should perhaps be why his counsel didn't challenge it.'"

In Roaches case his counsel did something that is supposedly unheard of in court circles in that she actually stopped the judge in his summing up to the jury and complained that he was being prejudicial towards her client in his terms of reference and guidance, the jury was sent out of court and 20 points of objection were raised, some very minor but (in their words) all building up to a biased summary - when the jury were brought back the judge apologised and at that point directed the jury to ignore one of the charges (the one where the girl had completely forgotten the incident that she had complained to the police about).

According to those in the know (the Daily Mirror) this sort of thing was unprecedented.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3605No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
67953_1341943970.jpg

Quote: Standee "I think the big issue here is just what constitutes "sexual abuse", 30 years ago the world was very different, expectations of behaviour were very different. Whatever any of these celebs did or didn't do was probably no different to what went on at No 11 Acacia Avenue on an average Friday night (and I don't include Saville in that comment). We live in a completely different world now, hell, I even cross the road if I am walking toward/behind a lone female to make sure they don't feel threatened. As Mintball says, it's largely media, I doubt there are any more or less molesters, rapists, paedophiles etc than there were 30 years ago, and I would bet my bottom dollar that some of these girls (and guys, who strangely seem to have remained quiet) threw themselves at celebrity, did so willingly and deliberately.
'"

I agree entirely.

Now here is one strange thing...

Where are all the accusations against pop stars of the 1960s and 70s ?

I do not believe for one instant that *pick any name from the 1970s* did not take his/their share of female attention from the hundreds that would be on offer to them every night on a tour and I do not believe that some of them would not even have been old enough to offer their charms to him/them.

So why are none of *pick any name from the 1970s* not being cited, could it be that stage door idolisation is viewed as self inflicted by the CPS or do they realise that they are on a hiding to nothing in those cases ?

I picked a popular 1970s Scottish group in the sweepstake.

RankPostsTeam
International Star90No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Jul 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: JerryChicken "In Roaches case his counsel did something that is supposedly unheard of in court circles in that she actually stopped the judge in his summing up to the jury and complained that he was being prejudicial towards her client in his terms of reference and guidance, the jury was sent out of court and 20 points of objection were raised, some very minor but (in their words) all building up to a biased summary - when the jury were brought back the judge apologised and at that point directed the jury to ignore one of the charges (the one where the girl had completely forgotten the incident that she had complained to the police about).

According to those in the know (the Daily Mirror) this sort of thing was unprecedented.'"

Staggering but completely unsurprising at the same time.

We're lucky these bewigged buffoons don't get the chance to don the black cap in anger any longer.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member6038No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2017Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I wonder if Stuart Hall is kicking himself for pleading guilty? And reflecting on how things might have turned out if his case had been scheduled after the other two, not before.

Its something of a no win situation for the CPS. If they don't prosecute when there are multiple accusations they'll get savaged in the media. But its very difficult for them to know how well witnesses will stand up to the pressure of cross examination recounting events from decades ago. And if the CPS don't prosecute we'll never hear the weaknesses in their case.

Perhaps if Hall had pleaded not guilty there would have been similar weaknesses in the evidence given by his victims. With the same criticisms being made of the CPS as we've heard this week.

The decision to prosecute Hall was vindicated by his guilty pleas. But it might not have been based on any stronger evidence than we've heard in these two cases.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner17898
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7384_1394882426.png
[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/14252202:io879g1y]2005 Challenge Cup[/url:io879g1y] To reconcile respect with practicality, what is the optimum speed for a hearse?:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_7384.png

Quote: JerryChicken "I picked a popular 1970s Scottish group in the sweepstake.'"

I'm pretty sure one of them (if we're thinking of the same popular group) has been prosecuted for similar offences, but may have to check that!

RankPostsTeam
International Star3605No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
67953_1341943970.jpg

Quote: Chris28 "I'm pretty sure one of them (if we're thinking of the same popular group) has been prosecuted for similar offences, but may have to check that!'"

The manager did time for gross indecency with teenage boys and one of them was convicted for downloading child porn - none of their teen and pre-teen fan base has ever come forward with an abuse charge though.

As Neil Sedaka sang, "Nobody wants an overage groupie now..."

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4697No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Apr 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41913_1351384834.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_41913.jpg

Quote: Cibaman "I wonder if Stuart Hall is kicking himself for pleading guilty? '"

The "lawyers" who defended him should be charged with theft and elder abuse.

Once that guilty plea came in he was royally and totally screwed. IMO he did it because he was scared by the threat of the long sentence. Well the state screwed him over by reneging on the short sentence. And he's screwed with the new trial and the money grabbers are queuing up to take his house.

The CPS and police had their ideal target with the dead Jimmy Savile. They managed to get a frail 84 year old to plead guilty. But they're probably the only convictions they're going to manage.

320 posts in 22 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
320 posts in 22 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.59716796875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
ComeOnYouUll
1m
Round 16 London Home
gulfcoast_hi
3m
Leeds
BigTime
4m
Surely its all over now for Watson
Jo Jumbuck
5m
TV games not Wire
karetaker
21m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
23m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
26m
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
MattyB
52m
Other Championship Clubs
Dr Dreadnoug
52m
Prettys Girls in your city for night
jackmac452
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
DSJ1983
32s
The Seagulls v The Panthers
terry silver
32s
TV Games - Not Hull
ComeOnYouUll
44s
Batley Bulldogs H
Dr Dreadnoug
1m
2025 Recruitment
herr rigsby
1m
Leigh h
apollosghost
1m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
1m
WHO IS NEXT
YosemiteSam
1m
Jayden Okunbor
bonaire
3m
Surely its all over now for Watson
Jo Jumbuck
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Prettys Girls in your city for night
jackmac452
TODAY
Vegas Baby
Jason65
TODAY
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thriller
RLFANS News
TODAY
Reserves
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
Tonights game v Giants
karetaker
TODAY
Free parking
Philth
TODAY
Salford Away Travel Information
LancashireRe
TODAY
Batley next
Kettykat
TODAY
Round 16 London Home
gulfcoast_hi
TODAY
Leeds
BigTime
TODAY
Injuries and available cover
walter wall
TODAY
Problems with this Site continued
karetaker
TODAY
3 clubs apply to join League 1
Huddersfield
TODAY
Sadly one less Bronco
nkpom
TODAY
Fan Village
[Gareth]
TODAY
The Seagulls v The Panthers
terry silver
TODAY
Las Vegas 2025 English ladies involved
Huddersfield
TODAY
New halfback signing
Pyrah123
TODAY
Batley Bulldogs H
Dr Dreadnoug
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
TODAY
Best Wigan Tour Team
MattyB
TODAY
Josh Bowden
Dr Dreadnoug
TODAY
Squad for Giants
Smiffy27
TODAY
Leigh h
apollosghost
TODAY
Meadows
BigTime
TODAY
July games
financialtim
TODAY
Salford - Away
Jake the Peg
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thri..
Wakefield Trinity Register Thi..
Englands Youngsters Beat Franc..
Big Win for England Women Over..
2024 State of Origin - Game 2 ..
New Structure for 2025 Challen..
Super League form rewarded as ..
Superb Salford Complete Histor..
Catalans Dragons Survive Secon..
Warrington Wolves Snatch Late ..
Spirit of Rob Burrow Inspires ..
Hull KR Drop Goal Secures Win ..
St Helens Break Fifty As They ..
Leigh Leopards Resurgence Clai..
Hull FC Get Second Win By Beat..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.6M +43,110 80,08514,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R18
 FT
Hover 
Canterbury
13-12
NZ Warriors
 FT
Hover 
Wests
28-40
Melbourne
 FT
Hover 
NQL Cowboys
20-22
Manly
     Womens Super League 2024-R7
 FT 
LeedsW
6-16
St.HelensW
 FT 
FeatherstoneW
0-50
WiganW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R16
 FT 
Leeds
17-16
LondonB
       Championship 2024-R14
17:00
Toulouse
v
Bradford
17:30
Hull KR
v
Catalans
 TOMORROW
     National Rugby League 2024-R18
05:00
Sydney
v
St.George
07:05
Canberra
v
Newcastle
     Womens Super League 2024-R7
12:00
Wire W
v
Hudds W
York V
v
BarrowW
       League One 2024-R14
14:00
Newcastle
v
Workington
14:30
Crusaders
v
Midlands
15:00
Salford
v
Hull FC
       Championship 2024-R14
Dewsbury
v
Doncaster
Featherstone
v
Whitehaven
Swinton
v
Widnes
Wakefield
v
Batley
York
v
Barrow
       League One 2024-R14
Keighley
v
Rochdale
 Thu 11th Jul
     National Rugby League 2024-R19
10:50
Dolphins
v
Souths
 Fri 12th Jul
11:00
Cronulla
v
Wests
     Womens Super League 2024-R8
WiganW
v
St.HelensW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R17
20:00
LondonB
v
Castleford
Warrington
v
Leeds
Warrington
v
St.Helens
 Sat 13th Jul
Leigh
v
Huddersfield
08:30
Gold Coast
v
Parramatta
10:35
Brisbane
v
St.George
York V
v
FeatherstoneW
Hull FC
v
Hull KR
       Championship 2024-R15
Whitehaven
v
Toulouse
Catalans
v
Salford
 Sun 14th Jul
Wire W
v
LeedsW
       League One 2024-R15
Newcastle
v
Hunslet
Hudds W
v
BarrowW
       Championship 2024-R15
Batley
v
Barrow
Bradford
v
Wakefield
Halifax
v
Featherstone
Sheffield
v
Swinton
Widnes
v
Dewsbury
York
v
Doncaster
       League One 2024-R15
Oldham
v
Crusaders
Workington
v
Rochdale
17:05
Manly
v
Newcastle
 Wed 17th Jul
     State of Origin 2023-R3
11:05
Queensland
v
New South Wales
 Sat 17th Aug 2024
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R22
13:00
Hull FC
v
LondonB
15:30
Wigan
v
St.Helens
18:00
Warrington
v
Leeds
 Sun 18th Aug 2024
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R22
Leigh
v
Salford
Catalans
v
Hull KR
Huddersfield
v
Castleford
 Sun 27th Oct 2024
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov 2024
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 6th Jul
SL
Hull KR-Catalans
SL
Leeds17-16LondonB
Sun 7th Jul
SL
Salford-Hull FC
Fri 12th Jul
SL
LondonB-Castleford
SL
Warrington-Leeds
SL
Warrington-St.Helens
Sat 13th Jul
SL
Hull FC-Hull KR
SL
00:00
Leigh-Huddersfield
SL
Catalans-Salford
Wed 17th Jul
SOO
11:05
Queensland-New South Wales
Sat 17th Aug
SL
Warrington-Leeds
SL
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
Leigh-Salford
SL
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 6th Jul
NRL
LIVE
Canterbury13-12NZ Warriors
NRL
LIVE
Wests28-40Melbourne
NRL
LIVE
NQL Cowboys20-22Manly
SL
LIVE
Leeds17-16LondonB
WSL2024
LIVE
LeedsW6-16St.HelensW
WSL2024
LIVE
FeatherstoneW0-50WiganW
Fri 5th Jul
NRL 18 Cronulla16-20Gold Coast
NRL 18 Brisbane6-14Penrith
SL 16 St.Helens6-8Castleford
SL 16 Warrington48-0Huddersfield
SL 16 Wigan24-6Leigh
CH 14 Sheffield28-0Halifax
Thu 4th Jul
NRL 18 Parramatta16-32Souths
Sun 30th Jun
CH 13 Barrow0-36Wakefield
CH 13 Dewsbury12-38Bradford
CH 13 Halifax38-18Whitehaven
CH 13 Widnes16-24Batley
CH 13 York10-18Sheffield
L1 13 Cornwall10-16Crusaders
L1 13 Newcastle10-44Midlands
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 15 427 170 257 26
St.Helens 16 429 170 259 22
Warrington 16 406 213 193 22
Hull KR 15 383 201 182 22
Salford 15 295 288 7 20
Catalans 15 288 220 68 18

Leeds 16 284 286 -2 16
Huddersfield 16 298 365 -67 12
Leigh 15 270 250 20 11
Castleford 16 246 435 -189 9
Hull FC 15 198 474 -276 4
LondonB 16 156 608 -452 4
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 13 486 142 344 26
Sheffield 14 382 217 165 22
Bradford 13 341 218 123 18
Toulouse 12 332 174 158 16
Widnes 13 315 245 70 15
Featherstone 13 330 283 47 12

Batley 13 205 286 -81 12
Doncaster 13 237 325 -88 11
York 14 285 293 -8 10
Whitehaven 13 266 358 -92 10