FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > The Sin Bin > I'm thinking of going to/ has anyone ever been to (Holidays)
194 posts in 14 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner37503
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I didn't want to start a thread just about a single destination as I thought other people might also appreciate people's experiences of different places that they have thought/are thinkiing of visiting.

We've been looking at Tuscany, but I've heard and read that people suffered from various insect bites, have any SB's been, what was it like......

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach20628
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44480_1390845286.jpg
It's been fun.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44480.jpg

Anyone been to
Lake Como or Garda
or
San Francisco

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10852No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
28995_1336988015.jpg
Christianity: because you're so awful you made God kill himself.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_28995.jpg

I'm looking a for four day Christmas break starting on Christmas Eve. Want self catering and must allow pets. Anyone got any recommendations?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1521No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2013Dec 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Horatio Yed "Anyone been to
Lake Como or Garda
or
San Francisco'"

Garda-no, SF- yes, exactly the same as Widnes. will have more fun camping in West Wales.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman32466No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1122_1318449976.jpg
Someday everything is gonna be different, When I paint my masterpiece ------------------------------------------------------ [url=http://jerrychicken.wordpress.com/:k4m40udg]The Jerry Chicken Blog Page[/url:k4m40udg] ------------------------------------------------------ [url=http://www.artgallery.co.uk/artist/gary_kitchen_2:k4m40udg]BUY MY ART ONLINE AT ARTGALLERY.CO.UK[/url:k4m40udg] [url=https://theartonlinegallery.com/artist/garykitch/:k4m40udg]AT THE RIPPINGHAM GALLERY[/url:k4m40udg] .................................................................... [url=http://art-profiles.com/gary-kitchen/:k4m40udg]ART PROFILE[/url:k4m40udg] ................................................................... [url=http://twitter.com/GaryKitch:k4m40udg]On Twitter[/url:k4m40udg] ................................................................... [url=http://www.facebook.com/gary.kitchen2:k4m40udg]On Facebook[/url:k4m40udg] ...................................................................:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1122.jpg

Quote: Rock God X "I'm looking a for four day Christmas break starting on Christmas Eve. Want self catering and must allow pets. Anyone got any recommendations?'"

Just come back from a week in Northumberland using these people rlhttp://www.gracedarlingholidays.com/rl most of their rentals allow at least one dog, don't tell anyone but the Northumberland coast is one of the last truly untouched coastlines in the country, stunning for dog walking.

I'd highly recommend the company, we used Spindlestone House for a party of ten, would love to be there over xmas (and might just do that too).

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5463No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2016Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45658_1356296105.jpg
[color=#FF0000:1fnfdzuc]Wigan vs Leeds finals aggregate score. Wigan 178 - 64 Leeds Wigan wins - 6 Leeds wins - 0[/color:1fnfdzuc] I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I am all out of bubblegum. Don't you struggle. Don't you fight. Don't you worry, cause it's your turn tonight! Esse quam videri.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45658.jpg

Quote: Horatio Yed "
San Francisco'"

A fantastic place! You'll like the weather, it's just like it is here. icon_wink.gif

Very laid back and the most European like city in the US.

I've just returned from wreck diving the SS Thistlegorm in the Red Sea. Next year I plan to dive Truk Lagoon, my ultimate dream dive.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman14845No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2021Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
143_1357419061.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_143.jpg

Quote: Standee "I didn't want to start a thread just about a single destination as I thought other people might also appreciate people's experiences of different places that they have thought/are thinkiing of visiting.

We've been looking at Tuscany, but I've heard and read that people suffered from various insect bites, have any SB's been, what was it like......'"

Tuscany is nice. Not stayed out in the countryside and didn't have any insect problem (although can't recall what time of year we went).

RankPostsTeam
International Star1085No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2015Jun 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
64823_1319661026.jpg
Believe:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_64823.jpg

Quote: Horatio Yed "Anyone been to
Lake Como or Garda
or
San Francisco'"

Went to Como when I was about 8 years old. I vaguely remember there was a lot of water and we had ice cream. icon_smile.gif

Seriously though, you only need to google some images to see how beautiful it is.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10852No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
28995_1336988015.jpg
Christianity: because you're so awful you made God kill himself.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_28995.jpg

Quote: McLaren_Field "
Quote: McLaren_Field "I'm looking a for four day Christmas break starting on Christmas Eve. Want self catering and must allow pets. Anyone got any recommendations?'"

Just come back from a week in Northumberland using these people rlhttp://www.gracedarlingholidays.com/rl most of their rentals allow at least one dog, don't tell anyone but the Northumberland coast is one of the last truly untouched coastlines in the country, stunning for dog walking.

I'd highly recommend the company, we used Spindlestone House for a party of ten, would love to be there over xmas (and might just do that too).'"

Cheers. I'll check them out.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11924
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30596_1286642206.jpg
If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle. Frederick Douglas:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_30596.jpg

Been to Tuscany quite few times, stayed in Florence and the countryside, back of beyond and little villages.

My other half is incredibly allergic to insect bites but as long as you're careful it's not too bad. We have ludicrously strong repellent, candles and joss stick things impregnated with citronella. If the worst does happen then pharmacies carry industrial strength antihistamine creams that can be bought over the counter.

My favourite place is Panzano In Chianti, we're just about to book an apartment that's part of a castle, we'll hire a car from Pisa airport. Driving isn't a problem if you're reasonably proficient.

Pretty much every town or village has excellent places to eat from Michelin starred to little enotecas. There's a fantastic wine shop in Greve which if you're in the area I can't recommend highly enough, you get a credit card that you load with Euros and then you pop that in a dispenser that gives you wine by the glass, so you can try before you buy.

If you speak even the worst Italian and show an interest, the Italians will love you and go out of the way to befriend you, I've drunk fantastic wines with enoteca owners and their friends after just a couple of visits to their shop.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member1630No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2018Jun 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3222.jpg
:3222.jpg

Quote: McLaren_Field "Just come back from a week in Northumberland using these people rlhttp://www.gracedarlingholidays.com/rl most of their rentals allow at least one dog, don't tell anyone but the Northumberland coast is one of the last truly untouched coastlines in the country, stunning for dog walking.

I'd highly recommend the company, we used Spindlestone House for a party of ten, would love to be there over xmas (and might just do that too).'"

Agreed...Northumberland is a truly beautiful part of the world, some great beaches for dog walking or just walking. I've been several times and love walking the stretch from Seahouses to Bamburgh which is excellent and spectacular whilst Alnmouth is also well worth a visit and they are the ones that spring to mind easily.I'm sure others will have their own suggestions.
Having said that I've just come back from a week in Robin Hoods Bay and got to say as a Lancastrian (exiled in York for 22 years) I think of the delights the Lancashire coast has to offer like Blackpool and Southport and shudder at how they compare to the Yorkshire coast! Robin Hoods Bay is a great place to consider a stay with a great beach (rocky in places!) and cliff top walks whilst your not far from other beaches worth a stroll on such as Filey, Whitby and Brid to Fraisthorpe is excellent beach territory whilst Runswick Bay is worth a visit and you may discover a fossil or two on the beach. Saltburn is also a lovely gem of a place!
Check out this site for lots of accom in Robin Hoods Bay:
www.bayfair.co.uk/index.html
Quote: McLaren_Field "Just come back from a week in Northumberland using these people rlhttp://www.gracedarlingholidays.com/rl most of their rentals allow at least one dog, don't tell anyone but the Northumberland coast is one of the last truly untouched coastlines in the country, stunning for dog walking.

Agreed...Northumberland is a truly beautiful part of the world, some great beaches for dog walking or just walking. I've been several times and love walking the stretch from Seahouses to Bamburgh which is excellent and spectacular whilst Alnmouth is also well worth a visit and they are the ones that spring to mind easily.I'm sure others will have their own suggestions.
Having said that I've just come back from a week in Robin Hoods Bay and got to say as a Lancastrian (exiled in York for 22 years) I think of the delights the Lancashire coast has to offer like Blackpool and Southport and shudder at how they compare to the Yorkshire coast! Robin Hoods Bay is a great place to consider a stay with a great beach (rocky in places!) and cliff top walks whilst your not far from other beaches worth a stroll on such as Filey, Whitby and Brid to Fraisthorpe is excellent beach territory whilst Runswick Bay is worth a visit and you may discover a fossil or two on the beach. Saltburn is also a lovely gem of a place!
www.bayfair.co.uk/index.html

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner37503
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: the exile "Agreed...Northumberland is a truly beautiful part of the world, some great beaches for dog walking or just walking. I've been several times and love walking the stretch from Seahouses to Bamburgh which is excellent and spectacular whilst Alnmouth is also well worth a visit and they are the ones that spring to mind easily.I'm sure others will have their own suggestions.

We stayed in Alnmouth a few weeks ago, wonderful place (but the place we stayed wouldn't allow pets, so I didn't reply to Rock God x), Whitby, Ruswarp, Robin Hoods Bay, Filey, all are wonderful places, only thing with that neck of the wood is going in Winter, if it snows, you're stuck!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10852No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
28995_1336988015.jpg

I do like Whitby. Went there as a kid, but never been back since. Might have to have a look at that.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3970No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44075_1339364158.jpg
What's the rumpus, Tom? [quote="Pemps":1dso5atj]I can't confirm Bennett's exact words but I believe they were along the lines of "Strewth Ian, I wouldn't touch him with yours. He's a flammin' Gala". [/quote:1dso5atj] [quote="Wigan Peer":1dso5atj]I keep my bin under 30mph to avoid fines... :CURTAIN:[/quote:1dso5atj] [quote="MattyB":1dso5atj]you cant tell me they are all busting for a turd. [/quote:1dso5atj] Please see for me if she's wearing a coat so warm To keep her from the howlin' winds.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44075.jpg

Quote: Rock God X "I'm looking a for four day Christmas break starting on Christmas Eve. Want self catering and must allow pets. Anyone got any recommendations?'"

Went here about 2 month ago.

www.kingairloch.co.uk/

Might not be the best if it is snowing. But sat by your own Loch, with a roaring fire, dog by your feet and a beer / whiskey in your hand.

fantastic accommodation and very, very clean.

We stayed in the "old post office"

Went here about 2 month ago.

www.kingairloch.co.uk/

Might not be the best if it is snowing. But sat by your own Loch, with a roaring fire, dog by your feet and a beer / whiskey in your hand.

fantastic accommodation and very, very clean.

We stayed in the "old post office"

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman32466No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1122_1318449976.jpg
Someday everything is gonna be different, When I paint my masterpiece ------------------------------------------------------ [url=http://jerrychicken.wordpress.com/:k4m40udg]The Jerry Chicken Blog Page[/url:k4m40udg] ------------------------------------------------------ [url=http://www.artgallery.co.uk/artist/gary_kitchen_2:k4m40udg]BUY MY ART ONLINE AT ARTGALLERY.CO.UK[/url:k4m40udg] [url=https://theartonlinegallery.com/artist/garykitch/:k4m40udg]AT THE RIPPINGHAM GALLERY[/url:k4m40udg] .................................................................... [url=http://art-profiles.com/gary-kitchen/:k4m40udg]ART PROFILE[/url:k4m40udg] ................................................................... [url=http://twitter.com/GaryKitch:k4m40udg]On Twitter[/url:k4m40udg] ................................................................... [url=http://www.facebook.com/gary.kitchen2:k4m40udg]On Facebook[/url:k4m40udg] ...................................................................:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1122.jpg

Quote: the exile "Agreed...Northumberland is a truly beautiful part of the world, some great beaches for dog walking or just walking. I've been several times and love walking the stretch from Seahouses to Bamburgh which is excellent and spectacular whilst Alnmouth is also well worth a visit and they are the ones that spring to mind easily.I'm sure others will have their own suggestions.
Check out this site for lots of accom in Robin Hoods Bayhttp://www.robinhoodsbaycottages.co.uk/html/gilroyd_house_images.htmrl
icon_evil.gif icon_evil.gif icon_evil.gif

194 posts in 14 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
194 posts in 14 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.0263671875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Hull KR H
MattyB
5m
Todays match v Saints
Fantastic Mr
9m