JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2012Mar 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

no just the ones to say i have the correct ppe. I got tought how to use my machine on the secon week there an been shown bits on top as have been there.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member37704No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2051.jpg
The older I get, the better I was Advice is what we seek when we already know the answer - but wish we didn't I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full-frontal lobotomy ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ kirkstaller wrote: "All DNA shows is that we have a common creator." cod'ead wrote: "I have just snotted weissbier all over my keyboard & screen" ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ "No amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin." - Aneurin Bevan:2051.jpg

Quote: Dally "We were hassled constantly by some scummy firm in Manchester after a member of the family had a cas accident.'"

Bump into tb?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach30No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Sep 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

only read 1st few posts of thread, but when I worked in sub contract engineering on lathes and as part of my HNC, one of big things was that you should never wear gloves when operating a lathe. better to get a cut than the swarf grip he glove and drag ur hand into the machine

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach30No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Sep 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

read the rest now and see they are now adopting correct practice of no gloves when operating lathes, guess they have now sought proper advice.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman28357
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
973_1515165968.gif
Last edited by Ferocious Aardvark on stardate Jun 26, 3013 11:27 am, edited 48,562,867,458,300,023 times in total:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_973.gif

Quote: The Video Ref "LOL, but not as bad as Andy Good
You were reading the usual insurance propaganda and misinformation, now officially backed by Call Me Dave and his mate Djanogly that he put in charge of the job, even though he had a mammoth personal interest in looking after the insurers as his family trusts from which he benefits have huge insurance shareholdings.

There isn't a compensation culture. This is official. The government actually went to the mammoth expense of getting someone to do a detailed Report about it and that was the result.

What there is, is a FEAR of compensation culture. Which makes people and companies do frankly silly things, or be scared of doing or permitting perfectly reasonable things, for illogical FEAR of being sued. There is a huge difference.

Of course, nothing the report wrote (or anyone could write) would ever convince the readership of the Daily Mail that we don't have a rampant compensation culture that will ruin everybody within a week, but there you go.

I also don't understand this business about personal injury claims "going through the roof". I do understand very well that the insurers detect that they have their chums in the Tory government well on-side at the moment, and are filling their mercenary boots, but the (rather obvious) point is that it doesn't matter how many claims are MADE, the question is how many are PAID. If a claim is valid, then pay it, if there are lots that you pay, then stop whinging - you're an insurance company so that's what you're for.

If any given claim is NOT valid - then DON'T PAY IT!! But the rather clever tactic is currently to claim they've paid all these claims but which should never have been paid in the first place. Which is both utterly disingenuous, and as close to bollox as makes no difference.

I would fully accept that many people now do try it on in the case of specifically car crash claims, but that is not a "compensation culture", quite the reverse, it is just a single, specific issue which the insurers have themselves encouraged. How? Loads of ways. Why? Because they were seduced by sheer greed and saw an opportunity to make tens of millions of pounds by trousering £500-£700 a pop referral fees for hundreds of thousands of these claims, which they are now whingeing (with ZERO evidence) weren't genuine.

Also they regularly phone victims of accidents that their policyholders have caused, and offer them £1000 or so to settle on the spot, without any fuss or investigation. How does that tactic help to discourage debatable claims? Whatever, it is such hypocrisy to go out of your way to make such payments and then allege they would all have been bogus claims.

But of course they were probably playing the long game, part of the plan to deliberately exacerbate insurance payouts so they could then whinge how much they were costing.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman32466No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1122_1318449976.jpg
Someday everything is gonna be different, When I paint my masterpiece ------------------------------------------------------ [url=http://jerrychicken.wordpress.com/:k4m40udg]The Jerry Chicken Blog Page[/url:k4m40udg] ------------------------------------------------------ [url=http://www.artgallery.co.uk/artist/gary_kitchen_2:k4m40udg]BUY MY ART ONLINE AT ARTGALLERY.CO.UK[/url:k4m40udg] [url=https://theartonlinegallery.com/artist/garykitch/:k4m40udg]AT THE RIPPINGHAM GALLERY[/url:k4m40udg] .................................................................... [url=http://art-profiles.com/gary-kitchen/:k4m40udg]ART PROFILE[/url:k4m40udg] ................................................................... [url=http://twitter.com/GaryKitch:k4m40udg]On Twitter[/url:k4m40udg] ................................................................... [url=http://www.facebook.com/gary.kitchen2:k4m40udg]On Facebook[/url:k4m40udg] ...................................................................:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1122.jpg

Quote: Ferocious Aardvark "

I also don't understand this business about personal injury claims "going through the roof". I do understand very well that the insurers detect that they have their chums in the Tory government well on-side at the moment, and are filling their mercenary boots, but the (rather obvious) point is that it doesn't matter how many claims are MADE, the question is how many are PAID. If a claim is valid, then pay it, if there are lots that you pay, then stop whinging - you're an insurance company so that's what you're for.

If any given claim is NOT valid - then DON'T PAY IT!! But the rather clever tactic is currently to claim they've paid all these claims but which should never have been paid in the first place. Which is both utterly disingenuous, and as close to bollox as makes no difference.

'"

Thats long been my argument - you can't have a fraudulent claim if you've paid out on it, not unless you are willing to admit to all and sundry (including all of your shareholders and investors) that you just hand out the money without checking the facts first.

If its fraud, don't pay it, if you think it might be fraud, delay and investigate it, if you think its genuine then pay it - pretty funkin simple really.

Its very similar to the bleats you get on various RLFans sites about the number of forward passes in xxx game over the weekend - its not a forward pass if the referee doesn't give it - it might be forward in your opinion, but you just don't count, not one iota.

65 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
65 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.29150390625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Whitehaven
jonh
18m
Hull KR H
MattyB
23m